RIZSKOCH (HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING)
- Preheat oven to around 200 degrees celsius.
- Grease a cake tin with extra butter and breadcrumbs.
- Boil rice in water and milk mixture until tender.
- Drain well and add lemond rind.
- Add sultanas and mix. Allow to cool.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar and 100 butter until it is a creamy colour.
- Beat egg whites with vanilla sugar.
- Combine with rice and egg yolk mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.6, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 147.1, Sodium 162.8, Carbohydrate 49.8, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 31, Protein 6.3
RIGO JANSCI: HUNGARIAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 10 1/2 X 15 1/2-inch jellyroll pan with parchment and spray with nonstick vegetable spray. In a dry bowl, melt chocolate over barely simmering water. Whisk the eggs and sugar until they hold a ribbon shape for 2 seconds. Whisk in the coffee mixture. Sift, then fold in the cocoa. Fold in the melted chocolate. Spread in the prepared pan and bake for 9 minutes until set. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Sift the cocoa and confectioners' sugar into the cream and whip to the consistency of shaving cream. Divide the sheet cake in half. Lightly spread one layer with apricot preserves. Spread on the whipped cream. Lightly spread the other half with raspberry preserves and flip on top of the whipped cream. Refrigerate.
- Make the Ganache: Put the chocolate in a small bowl. Over medium heat, bring the cream to a scald. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Working from the center out, gently stir with a whisk to melt and blend. Continue stirring until smooth. Stir in the feuilletine and nibs. Pour over the cake. Allow cake to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate is set.
HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING CAKE WITH RED WINE CHERRY SAUCE
Rice tortas, or rice pudding cakes, fall somewhere between a cake and a custard, and are a tradition all over Europe. This one takes its cues from Hungary, and is topped with a rich, red wine compote made with Hungary's prized fruit, cherries. The sauce blends beautifully into the rice giving it contrast in color and flavor-a fine finish to a rich meal.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch cake pan, then line the bottom with parchment paper and butter again. Dust the pan lightly with rice flour. Spread the cooked rice along the bottom of the pan.
- 2. Warm the milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 3. Beat the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, and salt in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium until pale yellow and the eggs start to thicken, about 1 1/2 minutes, being careful not to over whip which will cause the cake to rise and deflate when baked. Slowly stir in about half the warm milk into the eggs to temper, then add all the eggs to the saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens slightly and almost coats the back of a spoon, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4. Gently pour the custard over the rice and bake until the cake is just cooked through and wiggles only slightly in the very center, 40 to 50 minutes.
- 5. While the cake cooks, make the red wine cherry sauce. Combine the cherries, sugar, and wine in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until the fruit softens and the liquid is reduced and syrupy, about 10 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- 6. Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. Invert onto a platter and lift the pan. Remove the parchment paper. Cut into wedges and serve with the cherry sauce.
HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING CAKE WITH RED WINE CHERRY SAUCE
A rice pudding cake that takes its cues from Hungary, topped with a rich, red wine compote made with cherries.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch cake pan, then line the bottom with parchment paper and butter again. Dust the pan lightly with rice flour.
- Spread the cooked rice along the bottom of the pan. Warm the milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, lemon zest and salt in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium until pale yellow and the eggs start to thicken, about 1 1/2 minutes, being careful not to overwhip which will cause the cake to rise and deflate when baked. Slowly stir about half the warm milk into the eggs to temper, then add all the eggs to the saucepan and heat, stirring constantly until it thickens slightly and almost coats the back of a spoon, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Gently pour the custard over the rice and bake until the cake is just cooked through and wiggles only slightly in the very center, 40 to 50 minutes.
- While the cake cooks, make the red wine cherry sauce. Combine the cherries, sugar and wine in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the fruit softens and the liquid is reduced and syrupy, about 10 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes. Invert onto a platter and lift the pan. Remove the parchment paper. Cut into wedges and serve with the cherry sauce.
SEMOLINA PUDDING WITH RED CURRANT SAUCE
- Combine milk, sugar, and butter in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add semolina, and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Put the pudding in four 4-ounce cups that are rinsed with cold water and lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Boil currants with the water, sugar, and lemon juice. Cook until the sugar is dissolved and the currants are very soft, about 10 minutes. Puree mixture in a blender and then push through a strainer to get a smooth sauce.
- Refrigerate pudding and sauce until cold, about 2 hours. Unmold the pudding onto dessert plates and dress with sauce.
JELLIED CRANBERRY-CHERRY SAUCE
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, 1 1/2 cups water, the cherry juice, dried cherries, rosemary and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly. Discard the rosemary sprig.
- Puree the sauce in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a serving dish, pressing the sauce through with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours or overnight.
REISFLADEN (RICE PUDDING CAKE)
- Combine 1/2 gallon milk, rice, and sugar in a slow cooker. Cook on High until rice is puffy but mixture is still thin, about 3 hours 15 minutes.
- Mix 3 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the hot rice mixture, stirring in 1 tablespoon at a time, until blended. Pour mixture into the slow cooker, stirring constantly. Cook on Low until rice has absorbed all the liquid, about 30 minutes more. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place flour, yeast, sugars, egg, lukewarm milk, and melted butter in a bread machine in the order listed. Run Dough cycle. Remove dough from the machine after the cycle is done, about 90 minutes. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter an 11-inch springform pan. Smooth dough into the pan.
- Whisk 2 eggs and brush all but 1 tablespoon onto the dough. Pour rice pudding onto the dough and brush top with remaining egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake layer comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and release cake from the pan. Let cool completely. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 6 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 428.8 calories, Carbohydrate 63 g, Cholesterol 118.2 mg, Fat 13.8 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 12.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 208.1 mg, Sugar 29.5 g
RICE PUDDING CAKE
The secret ingredient in this delicious cake is rice. It tastes a lot like rice pudding, only in a different form.-Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. , Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cover raisins with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. In a large saucepan, cover rice with water; bring to a boil. Drain the liquid; add milk to rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender; set aside., In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Add the rice mixture, raisins and orange zest. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter. Spoon into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Sprinkle with crumbs. , Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. , Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 244 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 98mg cholesterol, Sodium 142mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CREAMY RICE PUDDING CAKE
- Bring the half-and-half, rice, brown sugar, zest, coriander, and salt to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often.
- Decrease heat and cook at a bare simmer, stirring often, for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes, then discard the zest and whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Meanwhile, butter an 8 x1 Â½ inch round cake pan.
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, washing down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush if you see any sugar crystals.
- Boil, without stirring, and swirling the pan toward the end to even out the color, until the caramel is a dark amber color.
- Pour the caramel into the prepared pan; let stand until cooled and hardened.
- Position oven rack in the top third of the oven and preheat oven to 350Â°.
- Pour the rice mixture into the cake pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top begins to brown but the center is still slightly jiggly.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Run a table knife around the edges of the pan; invert the cake onto a plate; tap on the pan, and carefully remove the pan.
- Serve cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 330.7, Fat 15.9, SaturatedFat 9.3, Cholesterol 124.1, Sodium 81.5, Carbohydrate 40.4, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 22, Protein 7
RICE PUDDING CAKE WITH CHERRY-APRICOT COMPOTE
- Bring milk to boil in heavy large saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered until most of milk is absorbed and mixture is thick but still creamy, stirring frequently, about 30 minutes (mixture will resemble thick rice pudding). Add 1/2 cup sugar and stir 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and cool to lukewarm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter 10-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 1/2-inch-high sides. Dust pan with breadcrumbs. Mix almonds, candied orange peel, lemon peel and almond extract into rice mixture. Whisk egg yolks and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl to blend. Stir into rice mixture. Cool completely.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into rice mixture in 2 additions. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Bake until cake is golden and firm to touch, about 1 hour. Transfer to rack and cool completely in pan. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Run small sharp knife around cake to loosen. Release pan sides from cake. Place cake on platter. Sift powdered sugar over cake. Cut into wedges and serve with Cherry-Apricot Compote.
RICE PUDDING WITH ALMONDS AND CHERRY SAUCE
- Combine milk, 5 tablespoons sugar and rice in heavy medium saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until rice is tender and mixture is thick, stirring frequently, about 35 minutes. Discard vanilla bean. Mix in almonds. Pour rice pudding into 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan; cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until medium peaks form. Fold cream into rice pudding mixture in pan. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Cook cherries, lemon and remaining 3/4 cup sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until cherries are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Discard lemon. Spoon pudding into bowls. Spoon hot cherry sauce over.
DANISH CHRISTMAS RICE PUDDING WITH ALMONDS AND WARM CHERRY SAUCE
Danish Christmas rice pudding with warm cherry sauce or Risalamande is traditionally served on Christmas Eve. Whoever finds the hidden almond receives a small gift. I like this recipe because it is cooked entirely on the stove top and cooks in one hour, rather than in the oven for two hours or more. Can be made in advance and refrigerated until serving time. The Danes often buy a store bought cherry sauce, but I've included a recipe for home-made. :) Adapted from an online source.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Split half of the vanilla pod length ways, scrape out the seeds.
- Place the milk and vanilla in a heavy-bottomed pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat. Add the rice gradually, stirring constantly.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil again.
- When the milk boils, reduce the heat, cover and simmer on a very low heat for about 1 hour or until the rice is cooked. Stir from time to time, making sure that the rice doesn't stick too much to the bottom.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Whip the cream together with sugar. Fold the whipped cream and almonds into the rice. You can add more sugar or more almonds if you wish. Serve with warm cherry sauce.
- Now make the cherry sauce. Place the cherries in a medium saucepan. Add sugar and 1 1/2 cups water. Add the vanilla pod. Simmer until the cherries are tender.
- Combine the potato starch with 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Bring the cherries to a boil. Remove the vanilla pod from the pot. Reduce the heat, and , stirring constantly, slowly pour the water with the starch. Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve warm over the rice pudding. Garnish with a fresh mint leaf, if desired.
- * I used frozen sour cherries in this recipe, but regular sweet cherries should work as well.
More about "hungarian rice pudding cake with red wine cherry sauce recipes"
RIZSKOCH (HUNGARIAN RICE CAKE) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.3/5 (70)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Dessert, CakeCalories 156 per serving
HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING RECIPE | THE NIBBLE WEBZINE …
HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING - BUBBLEBLUE.ORG
HUNGARIAN RAISIN RICE CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BEST CHERRY SAUCE - THE DARING GOURMET
HUNGARIAN CHERRY SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CINNAMON RICE PUDDING WITH DRIED-CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE ...
10 BEST RICE PUDDING SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RED RICE CAKE RECIPE
RICE PUDDING CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
DESSERTS & BAKES – HUNGARIAN TIDBITS
HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING - THERESCIPES.INFO
HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING CAKE (RIZSKOCH) - YOUTUBE
OUR BEST RICE PUDDING RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
ALL RECIPES – HUNGARIAN TIDBITS
EASY CHERRY SAUCE DESSERT TOPPING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RICE PUDDING WITH WARM CHERRY SAUCE RECIPE FROM THE ...
LIST OF HUNGARIAN DISHES - WIKIPEDIA
HUNGARIAN RICE CAKE WITH BERRIES & CREAM | MINDFOOD
ALMOND RICE PUDDING WITH SWEET CHERRY SAUCE ... - FOOD & WINE
RICE PUDDING WITH OLD FASHIONED LEMON SAUCE - RECIPE ...
BEST CHERRY RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
HUNGARIAN RICE CAKE / RIZSKOCH - EAT. SLEEP. BIKE. REPEAT ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is Hungarian rice cake made of?This recipe for Hungarian rice cake (rizskoch) is made with creamed rice, eggs, sugar and butter that are baked. Some people add raisins or lemon zest, but we like it without. This is also known as Hungarian rice pudding, but it's too firm to be considered a pudding, in our book.
What is Hungarian rice pudding?This is also known as Hungarian rice pudding, but it's too firm to be considered a pudding, in our book. Serve this dusted with confectioners' sugar and a dollop of plum preserves ( szilva lekvár) and whipped cream if desired. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine milk, rice and pinch salt.
What is sour cherry cake from hungry?Sour cherry cake from Hungry is a perfect balance of tartness from cherries and sweetness from the sugar in the cake. Hungarian cuisine is a popular cuisine consist of many delicious recipes. What if my cherries aren’t sour?
What are some traditional Hungarian desserts?These traditional Hungarian desserts will take your tastebuds on a trip to Hungary! From jam-filled crepes to multi-layered cakes, Hungary has some of the most decadent desserts on the planet. If you’re having a fun Hungarian-themed celebration, leave the dessert ideas to me!