GRUYèRE, BACON AND LEEK QUICHE
Provided by Olivia's Cuisine
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Before you start making the dough, put your crust ingredients in the freezer for 20 minutes so they can be extra cold.
- Add the flour and the salt to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the cold butter and pulse until pea sized.
- Add the egg yolk and start adding the ice cold water, 1 Tbsp at a time, pulsing a couple times in between, until the dough comes together.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead just enough until smooth.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and bring it to the fridge for 20 minutes so it gets firm. (I sometimes put it in the freezer for 10 minutes instead.)
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On the floured surface, roll the dough into 12-inch round and place it into a 10 inch springform pan or tart pan (with a removable bottom) without stretching.
- Roll your pin over the top of the ring to remove excess dough.
- Refrigerate the tart shell for 10 minutes. (Again, you can just put it in the freezer instead!)
- Cover the tart shells with foil and fill with pie weights (or dried beans).
- Bring it to the oven for 30 minutes, until dry.
- Remove the weights and foil and bring it back to the oven for 15 more minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and reserve.
- In a large skillet, over high heat, fry the bacon until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the bacon and place it in a plate covered with paper towel, so the paper towel can absorb the excess grease, and leave a couple tablespoons of the grease in the pan.
- Turn the heat to medium and sauté the leeks and thyme in the bacon grease until the leeks are tender but not browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the leeks to a bowl and let it cool.
- Once the leeks are cooled, add the bacon and the shredded cheese and give it a good mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks with the heavy cream, making a custard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon/leek/cheese mixture to the tart shell.
- Pour the custard into the tart shell, making sure it's evenly distributed.
- Bake the quiche for about 30 minutes, rotating it halfway through, until puffed and lightly browned.
- Let the quiche cool for 15 minutes, remove from the tart pan and serve!
LEEK GRUYERE QUICHE
- Combine flour, butter, 1 egg, and salt in a bowl. Knead together with your hands, adding as much water as needed, in small amounts, to create a smooth dough. Shape dough into a ball, flatten, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook leeks over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove dough from fridge. Dust a work surface with flour and roll out dough into a circle about 1 inch larger than the springform pan. Fold carefully in half, lift up, and unfold over the pan. Press over the bottom and 1 inch up the sides.
- Whisk 4 eggs and creme fraiche in a bowl. Stir in leeks, Gruyere cheese, Emmentaler cheese, and ham. Season with white pepper and nutmeg. Pour over the crust and spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is set, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 429.6 calories, Carbohydrate 22.6 g, Cholesterol 204.2 mg, Fat 32 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 14.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.8 g, Sodium 226.3 mg, Sugar 2.4 g
LEEK, MUSHROOM & GRUYèRE QUICHE
A favourite of Good Food's associate food ed, this quiche just had to be on the site. Perfect comfort food
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Number Of Ingredients 8
- To make the pastry, tip the flour and butter into a bowl, then rub together with your fingertips until completely mixed and crumbly. Add 8 tbsp cold water, then bring everything together with your hands until just combined. Roll into a ball and use straight away or chill for up to 2 days. The pastry can also be frozen for up to a month.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a round about 5cm larger than a 25cm tin. Use your rolling pin to lift it up, then drape over the tart case so there is an overhang of pastry on the sides. Using a small ball of pastry scraps, push the pastry into the corners of the tin (see picture, above left). Chill in the fridge or freezer for 20 mins. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- While the pastry is chilling, heat the butter in a pan and cook the leeks for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until they soften. Then turn up the heat and add the mushrooms. Cook for 5 mins more, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly prick the base of the tart with a fork, line the tart case with a large circle of greaseproof paper or foil, then fill with baking beans. Blind-bake the tart for 20 mins, remove the paper and beans, then continue to cook for 5-10 mins until biscuit brown
- While the tart case cooks, beat the eggs in a bowl, then gradually add the cream. Stir in the leeks, mushrooms and half the cheese. Season, then tip the filling into the tart case. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese, then bake for 20-25 mins until set and golden brown. Leave to cool in the case, trim the edges of the pastry, then remove and serve in slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 561 calories, Fat 44 grams fat, SaturatedFat 26 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 30 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.7 milligram of sodium
CRUSTLESS LEEK QUICHE
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield Makes one 9-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. When the butter starts to froth and brown slightly on the edges of the pan, shut off the heat and add the leeks. Turn the heat back to medium and season the leeks with salt and pepper. Stir to blend. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the leeks become only slightly tender. Transfer the leeks to a baking sheet and place the sheet in the refrigerator.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Whisk the eggs to break them up. Add the slices of goat cheese and season with salt and pepper. Use a whisk to break up the goat cheese and blend it with the eggs. When it is fairly smooth, whisk in the cream, milk, hot sauce, and Worcestershire.
- Grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and fill with the quiche batter.
- Place the dish in the center of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Open the oven door and gently layer the Brie slices on top of the quiche. Close the oven and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the top is slightly brown. Allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting.
BACON AND LEEK QUICHE
This bacon and leek quiche is great served with a side salad for an afternoon brunch. Feel free to try different cheese as desired.
Provided by Melissa
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until brown and crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and crumble when cool enough to handle.
- Saute leeks in the bacon fat over medium heat until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place pie crust in a glass, deep-dish pie pan. Spread leeks over the bottom of the crust, then sprinkle bacon crumbs over top.
- Whisk half-and-half and eggs together in a medium bowl. Toss Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and flour together in a small bowl. Mix cheese mixture into the egg mixture, then pour into the pie crust. Top with tomato slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 563.6 calories, Carbohydrate 24.5 g, Cholesterol 236.5 mg, Fat 40.3 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 26 g, SaturatedFat 18.7 g, Sodium 823.1 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
CRUSTLESS LEEK & GRUYERE QUICHE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate. Cut off roots and trim dark green tops from leeks. Discard any tough outer leaves. Cut each leek lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4 inch wide slices. Rinse leeks in large bowl of water, swishing to remove sand. Transfer leeks to colander and drain. Repeat until all sand is removed.
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil on med for 1 minute Add leeks and 1/4 tsp salt; cook 12-14 min or until tender & brown, stirring frequently. Transfer leeks to prepared quiche dish.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, milk, cornstarch, 1/4 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp black pepper until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over leeks in dish. Sprinkle with gruyere. Bake 30-35 minute Cool on wire rack for 5 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Fat 16.6, SaturatedFat 7.2, Cholesterol 241.5, Sodium 186.4, Carbohydrate 17, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 8.8, Protein 16.1
CRUSTLESS LEEK, BACON & CHEESE QUICHE
Tried a leek quiche at a friends house, and even though my partner doesn't like leeks, he like that one. This is my version as I didn't want to ask for the recipe, but I reckon this one beats it hands down anyway :) Also, had to remove crust as doing a carb-reduced diet.
Provided by KiwiWorkingMum
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Turn on oven to 180°C to let oven come up to temperature.
- Slice leeks finely. Slice bacon into strips, and again into pieces. Grate cheese.
- Fry bacon with a little butter, then add leek and fry until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, break all eggs. Whisk and add dijon mustard. Continue whisking.
- In a shaker, add milk, cream and flour. Shake to mix, then add to egg mix whilst continuing to whisk. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add first measure of cheese and mix well with egg mixture.
- Assemble leeks and bacon in quiche dish (26cm), add egg mixture and use hand to mix all together.
- Add remaining grated cheese to top of mixture and sprinkle with paprika (optional).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C, or until center is set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470.4, Fat 35.4, SaturatedFat 18.7, Cholesterol 452, Sodium 703.1, Carbohydrate 9.8, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 2, Protein 27.8
More about "leek bacon and gruyere crustless quiche recipes"
LEEK, BACON, AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE - FOOD NETWORK
Servings 6Category Main-Course, Lunch, Starters
CRUSTLESS BACON GRUYERE CHEESE QUICHE - RELUCTANT …
CRUSTLESS LEEK AND GRUYERE QUICHE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
QUICHE LORRAINE WITH BACON AND GRUYèRE RECIPE - THE …
LOBSTER, BACON AND GRUYèRE CRUSTLESS QUICHE - MOVITA …
BACON AND LEEK QUICHE | WILLIAMS SONOMA
HOW TO MAKE DEEP-DISH BACON AND LEEK QUICHE
10 BEST CRUSTLESS BACON CHEESE QUICHE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: CRUSTLESS LEEK AND GRUYERE QUICHE | POLLY CASTOR
LEEK, BACON, AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
BACON LEEK GRUYERE QUICHE RECIPE? – MY CATHOLIC KITCHEN
8 QUICHE RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
GRUYèRE, MUSHROOM, LEEK, AND BACON QUICHE - CULTURE: THE WORD …
CRUSTLESS LEEK AND SWISS/GRUYERE QUICHE - UNWRITTEN RECIPES
CRUSTLESS QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE - BACON GRUYERE EGG BAKE
BACON AND LEEK CRUSTLESS QUICHE - BITES OUT OF LIFE
BACON, LEEK, AND GRUYERE QUICHE | RECIPES | SCHNEIDERS
LEEK, BACON, AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE - PINTEREST.CA
LEEK, BACON, AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE - FOOD NEWS
BACON AND LEEK QUICHE - THE DARING GOURMET
BEST LEEK AND GRUYERE QUICHE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
LEEK, BACON, AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
LEEK, BACON, AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE
CRUSTLESS QUICHE LORRAINE RECIPE - SKINNYTASTE
BACON AND LEEK DEEP-DISH QUICHE RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
BACON, LEEK & GRUYERE QUICHE - WEAVETHOUSANDFLAVORS
LEEK AND ASPARAGUS QUICHE WITH BACON AND GRUYèRE - CHENéE TODAY
MINI CRUSTLESS QUICHES WITH LEEKS - BUTTER & BAGGAGE
POTATO LEEK QUICHE WITH NO-ROLL CRUST - JOY THE BAKER
LEEK AND GRUYèRE QUICHE - FORKS 'N' FLIP FLOPS
LEEK, BACON, AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE – RECIPES NETWORK
BAKED LEEKS WITH BACON AND GRUYERE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
LEEK AND GRUYERE CRUSTLESS QUICHE? – MY CATHOLIC KITCHEN
BACON LEEK GRUYERE QUICHE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
BACON-AND-LEEK QUICHE RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook quiche with gruyere?Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Spread half the Gruyere evenly in the pan, crumble the bacon on top; repeat with remaining cheese. Place the leeks, browned side up, on the cheese and pour the custard over the fillings. Bake until the quiche is just set in the center, about 40 to 50 minutes.
How long to bake quiche with leeks and bacon?Assemble leeks and bacon in quiche dish (26cm), add egg mixture and use hand to mix all together. Add remaining grated cheese to top of mixture and sprinkle with paprika (optional). Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C, or until center is set.
How to bake quiche with cheese and eggs?Add first measure of cheese and mix well with egg mixture. Assemble leeks and bacon in quiche dish (26cm), add egg mixture and use hand to mix all together. Add remaining grated cheese to top of mixture and sprinkle with paprika (optional). Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C, or until center is set.
How do you make a bacon and Leek Burger?Fry bacon with a little butter, then add leek and fry until soft. Remove from heat and set aside. In a bowl, break all eggs. Whisk and add dijon mustard. Continue whisking. In a shaker, add milk, cream and flour. Shake to mix, then add to egg mix whilst continuing to whisk. Season with salt & pepper.