LEMON CAKE WITH FRUIT
- Place a rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter and flour a 13x9" baking pan. Whisk baking powder, salt, and 2 cups flour in a medium bowl. Finely grate lemon zest into another medium bowl. Slice lemon in half; set aside. Add 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar to zest and work with your fingers until mixture is fragrant and looks like wet sand, about 1 minute.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup butter in a large bowl until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add sugar mixture, increase speed to medium-high, and beat until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions; mix in egg yolk. Reduce speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients. Beat just until incorporated, then add brandy and beat just until smooth. Fold batter a few times with a rubber spatula; scrape into prepared pan and smooth top. Scatter fruit over (do not press down). Squeeze a reserved lemon half over fruit (save other half for another use) and sprinkle with remaining 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar.
- Bake cake until sides are golden brown and top is golden, 55-65 minutes. Let cool; cut into squares. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
- Do Ahead
- Cake can be baked 2 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
FRUIT-TOPPED LEMON POUND CAKE
Filled with fresh strawberries and nectarines, this summery pound cake gets a sweet-tart finish with lemon curd and whipping cream.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously grease bottom and sides of 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening; lightly flour. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Spoon 1/3 cup lemon curd into small microwavable bowl. Microwave on High 10 to 15 seconds or just until softened. Measure 1 teaspoon into large bowl; reserve remaining lemon curd. In same large bowl, beat 1 cup granulated sugar, butter, lemon peel, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat flour mixture into sugar mixture alternately with milk on low speed, beating just until smooth after each addition. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center crack comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix strawberries, nectarines and 1/4 cup granulated sugar; set aside. Refrigerate, if desired.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave lemon curd on High 10 to 15 seconds to soften; let cool 5 minutes. Place in large bowl. In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream mixture into lemon curd until thoroughly blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Cut cake into 24 slices. For each serving, place 1 slice of cake on dessert plate; spoon about 1/4 cup fruit and 2 heaping tablespoons topping over slice. Top with second slice of cake, 1/4 cup fruit and 2 heaping tablespoons topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Fat 5 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 190 mg, Sugar 37 g, TransFat 1 g
LEMON FRUIT CAKE
Finish off dinner with this delightful Lemon Fruit Cake for dessert. Top this luscious Lemon Fruit Cake with raisins, nuts and honey for the win.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 13x9-inch cake. Immediately poke deep holes in cake at 1-inch intervals, using handle of wooden spoon.
- Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk 2 min. Immediately pour pudding over warm cake. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over cake just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
LEMON PUDDING POUND CAKE
I love my Aunt TC's Lemon-Lime Soda Cake, so I thought it would be fun to make my own pound cake to share with her. Instant lemon pudding mix is the key to making this pound cake extra moist, and the lemon drizzle on top adds another layer of citrusy goodness.
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield 8 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a Bundt pan.
- Whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, oil and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment at medium-high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, until pale and fluffy, 4 to 6 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs, one at a time, beating until the yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice just until combined.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat just until the ingredients are combined.
- Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared Bundt pan and bake until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with only a couple of moist crumbs, 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon drizzle: Whisk together the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until thick. (If it's too runny, add a little more confectioners' sugar.) After the cake is cooled, pour the lemon drizzle over the top.
THE ULTIMATE CLASSIC FRUIT CAKE
This is an Eric Lanlard recipe-the French pastry chef who made Madonna's wedding cake and the Beckham children's birthday cakes. Don't be put off by the list of ingredients, it really isn't that bad, and the results are amazing. This is truly the king of fruit cakes. I ice it and use it as my Christmas cake every year, and un-iced throughout the year! My father-in-law claims it is the best fruit cake he has ever eaten (he's 75 and eaten a few!) and my husband and 3 year old go mad for it. It freezes perfectly, even if its iced, so no need to worry about the size of it.
Provided by Noo8820
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Place raisins in a bowl. Add enough grand Marnier/Cointreau to cover them. Cover bowl and leave for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time. If mixture looks a bit like splitting, add a little flour.
- Add sifted flour, mixed spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and Grand Marnier. Mix together.
- Gently fold in soaked raisins, dried chopped apricots, sultanas, chopped peel, cherries, walnuts and hazelnuts.
- Spoon the cake mix into 2 greased and lined 22cm spring form tins.
- Bake cakes for 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours.
- Remove and cool on wire rack. Once cool spray with more alcohol and wrap in cling film. Keep cakes in cool dry place until you ice/decorate them.
- ICING: Gently heat jam until spreadable. Spread over top and edges of cake.
- Roll out marzipan very thinly to the circumference of cake, also a strip around width of cake.
- Place marzipan on cake-gently pinch strip around top and side to stick them together. Repeat this with the icing. Mix together icing sugar, egg white and a few drops of food colouring into a smooth paste. Put into icing bag and decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 838, Fat 34.7, SaturatedFat 14, Cholesterol 116.5, Sodium 64.8, Carbohydrate 135, Fiber 8.8, Sugar 87.5, Protein 10.9
FLUTED LEMON CAKE WITH FRESH FRUIT
This citrusy, golden-brown cake looks especially beautiful baked in a fancy fluted pan. Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh fruit. -Donna Pochoday, Morristown, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extract., In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition., Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts :
LEMON DUMP CAKE
This easy cake is the perfect balance of tart, creamy, and sweet, and the texture is soft with just the right amount of crispness.
Provided by fabeveryday
Categories Dump Cake From a Mix
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the lemon pie filling onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish in an even layer with a spatula.
- Sprinkle half of the cake mix in an even layer over the lemon pie filling. Add the pieces of the cream cheese evenly over the cake mix, then top with the remaining cake mix in an even layer. Add the butter pieces, spaced out evenly over the top of final cake mix layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is browned and the cake mix powder has all absorbed and baked, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve topped with Cool Whip®.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517.1 calories, Carbohydrate 67 g, Cholesterol 117.6 mg, Fat 25 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 14.4 g, Sodium 412 mg
More about "lemon fruit cake recipes"
BEST LEMON CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LEMON CAKE
5/5 (2)Category Dessert
- Make cakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Line the bottoms of two 8” pans with parchment paper then grease with cooking spray.
- In another bowl using a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), beat together butter, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add half of the flour mixture and beat until just combined, then pour in buttermilk and mix until fully incorporated.
LEMON FRUIT CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 12Total Time 3 hrs
LEMON CAKE | RICARDO
LUSCIOUS LEMON CAKE WITH LEMON ICING RECIPE
LEMON BUNDT CAKE | RICARDO
THE BEST LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE - BAKER BY …
EASY MOIST LEMON CAKE RECIPE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
LEMON FRUIT CAKE-THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS …
Reviews 1Category DessertCuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- DO NOT MAKE THE CAKE ACCORDING TO THE DIRECTIONS ON THE BOX. Combine the cake mix, the juice saved from the pineapple, the juice saved from the oranges, the milk, eggs and oil. Mix with a mixer. Fold in the pineapple tidbits, the mandarin oranges and the coconut with a spoon.
- Generously spray a 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes until center tests done. Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
10 LEMON LOAF CAKE RECIPES FOR BRIGHT AND EASY BAKES
LEMON CAKE WITH FRUIT RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
220 LEMON FRUIT CAKE IDEAS | DELICIOUS DESSERTS, CUPCAKE CAKES, JUST ...
LEMON SHEET CAKE - COOKING CLASSY
FRUIT CAKE RECIPE WITH BRANDY - RICARDA LEMON
AMALFI LEMON & POLENTA CAKE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
21 OF THE BEST LEMON CAKE RECIPES - DESSERT IDEAS
THE BEST LEMON CAKE RECIPE - LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
MOIST LIGHT FRUIT CAKE (THE BEST EVER)! - DECORATED TREATS
LEMON FRUITCAKE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
LEMON CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS - FABULOUS AND DELICIOUS
LEMON CAKE WITH FRUIT - FUNCAKES
LEMON FRUIT PARFAIT - INSIDE BRUCREW LIFE
FRUIT LEMON CAKE – HEALTHY FOOD RECIPES – UNDIRECT
LEMONADE CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
LEMON EXTRACT FRUITCAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
BEST EVER LEMON OLIVE OIL CAKE RECIPE - AVERIE COOKS
LEMON POUND CAKE FRUIT TRIFLE - THE COOKIN CHICKS
PASSION FRUIT AND LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE - FOOD NOUVEAU
FRUIT AND LEMON CAKE RECIPE - ALL IN ONE CAKE - PENNY'S …
LEMON-PECAN FRUITCAKE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
LEMONY FRUIT CAKE - SKINNY CHEF
LEMON SPONGE CAKE - EASY DESSERT RECIPES - GREEDY EATS
50 CAKE RECIPES WITH FRUIT | MYRECIPES
LEMON AND PASSION FRUIT DRIZZLE CAKE RECIPE | TASTE OF FRANCE
LEMON CAKE WITH BAKED FRUIT RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
PASSION FRUIT CURD LOAF CAKE | DRIZZLE AND DIP
10 BEST LEMON CAKE WITH FRUIT FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRUIT CAKE RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEMON NUT FRUIT CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
LEMON CAKE MIX BEST RECIPES
35 IRRESISTIBLE LEMON CAKE IDEAS YOU'LL WANT TO TRY | TASTE …
You'll also love