LEMON AND RASPBERRY POUND CAKE
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Put the raspberries in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the granulated sugar and butter. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing after each addition. Turn the mixer to low and gradually add all but 2 tablespoons of the flour (reserve the 2 tablespoons for the raspberries). Add the lemonade and salt and mix until combined. Add the lemon zest and mix. Scrape the bowl.
- Toss the remaining 2 tablespoons flour with the raspberries in the bowl; this will stop them from sinking. Fold the raspberries into the batter with a spatula.
- Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and even out the surface. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center does not come out totally clean but isn't wet with batter either, 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let the cake sit in the pan for 30 minutes, then carefully turn it out onto a cooling rack set over a baking sheet to cool.
- For the glaze: Combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice, salt and 2 tablespoons water in a bowl. Gently whisk until thick but pourable, adding a little more water if needed. Drizzle the glaze over the cake and let set.
POUNDCAKE FILLED WITH FRESH RASPBERRIES
From the outside, this looks like your standard, run-of-the mill poundcake. But slice into it, and you'll discover a ruby-red row of raspberries nestled into the sour cream-lemon cake. It's light yet moist, and the perfect end to a warm-weather meal. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or Greek yogurt.
Provided by Molly O'Neill
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper then butter and flour it. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light. Mix in the lemon zest. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the batter alternately with the sour cream, mixing just to combine. Spread half of the batter in the prepared pan. Cover with the raspberries. Top with the remaining batter, smoothing out the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Place on a rack to cool. Turn the cake out of the pan and dust the top with powdered sugar. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 423, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 309 milligrams, Sugar 33 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ONE-BOWL LEMON-RASPBERRY CAKE
Bright-colored and beautiful, this lemony cake is proof that an eye-catching dessert doesn't have to be complicated. Starting with a box of Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix and flavored with zingy lemon juice, this vibrant treat only takes 8 ingredients and 20 minutes of prep time-talk about easy! Right before baking, the tender citrusy cake is studded with juicy raspberries resulting in a dreamy spring treat that's worthy of being served at all of your spring parties. Add a drizzle of sweet vanilla frosting for a dazzling final touch!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, sour cream, melted butter, lemon juice, eggs and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour in pan. Sprinkle raspberries on top.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over top of cake. Let stand about 1 1/2 hours or until set. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, Carbohydrate 37 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fat 2 1/2, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 350 mg, Sugar 21 g, TransFat 0 g
OLD FASHIONED POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Sift together the flour, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat the butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy. Gradually add 2 3/4 cups sugar, beating at medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Beat in the vanilla with the last egg. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- For the raspberry sauce: combine raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon creme de cassis in a medium bowl. Stir gently until sugar dissolves; cover and chill at least 3 hours. Serve over pound cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 571.8 calories, Carbohydrate 72.3 g, Cholesterol 150.3 mg, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 17.6 g, Sodium 241.8 mg, Sugar 44.9 g
LEMON PUDDING CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Whip the egg yolks and 1 cup of the sugar until it reaches the ribbon stage. Add the flour and mix well. Whisk in the lemon juice, salt and milk until completely combined. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add a 1/2 cup of the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Pour the batter into a plastic wrap-lined 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool slightly, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To make the raspberry sauce: Reserve 16 raspberries for the garnish. Puree the remaining berries with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the pudding cake and flip it onto a flat surface. Cut eight 3-inch circles with a ring cutter. Serve with sauce and garnish with raspberries.
EASY LEMON-COCONUT CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
An extremely moist lemon-coconut cake that's near impossible to mess up! It's ideal for serving large parties, and can be eaten with or without the sauce, meaning it pleases even the pickiest eaters.
Provided by Patricia Jackson
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Zest 2 lemons into a small bowl. Juice 1 of the lemons into another small bowl. Reserve remaining lemon for another use.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk sugar and eggs together in another bowl until they form a ribbon. Stir olive oil, milk, lemon zest, and 1/2 of the lemon juice into the sugar-egg mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold in dry ingredients and coconut, then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove cake and let cool completely, 20 to 30 minutes.
- While cake is baking, place raspberries, sugar, and remaining lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat and stir until raspberries break down and mixture has thickened and is starting to boil, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a serving container.
- Cut cake into pieces and spoon or pour some of the sauce over top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.3 calories, Carbohydrate 60.4 g, Cholesterol 41.9 mg, Fat 27.4 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 101.3 mg, Sugar 42.7 g
LEMON PUDDING CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
- To prepare the cake: Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Whip the egg yolks and 1 cup of the sugar until it reaches the ribbon stage. Add the flour and mix well. Whisk in the lemon juice, salt, and milk until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/2 cup of the sugar, and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture.
- Pour the batter into a plastic wrap-lined 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool slightly, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the pudding cake and flip it onto a flat surface. Cut eight 3-inch circles with a ring cutter.
- To prepare the sauce: Reserve 16 raspberries for the garnish. Purée the remaining raspberries with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Spoon some of the raspberry sauce in the center of each plate and top with a circle of pudding cake. Place 2 raspberries and a mint sprig in the center of each cake.
LEMON-RASPBERRY POUND CAKE
- Over medium heat, melt jam in a small saucepan.
- Once melted, remove from heat and slowly whisk in whipping cream then raspberry liqueur.
- Place sauce in an airtight container and chill.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam and with an electric mixer blend until smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream toether butter and suger.
- Slowly add one egg at a time.
- Beating well after each egg is added.
- In a sifter, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sift into a medium mixing bowl.
- Now add dry ingredients to creamed butter mixture.
- Beat with a mixer until well blended.
- Beat in lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Grease a 10 inch tube pan with removable bottom.
- Pour in half of cake batter.
- With a spoon, place half of the jam on top of batter.
- Do this one more time with remaining batter and jam.
- Gently swirl the batter with a butter knife by pulling up and folding over.
- Don't go over board.
- Bale for i hour and 25 minutes to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Check cake for doneness by insterting a toothpick in center of cake.
- If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes.
- Slowly run a butter knife around edge of cake and then remove from pan.
- Don't take off bottom yet until cake is cooled completely.
- Before serving, place about 2 Tablespoons of the raspberry sauce on dessert plate topped with a slice of cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 629.1, Fat 34, SaturatedFat 20.5, Cholesterol 197.3, Sodium 266.3, Carbohydrate 75.7, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 48.5, Protein 6.6
RASPBERRY LEMON LAYER CAKE
Cooking is my best and biggest hobby - trying recipes with different flavor combinations like pound cake with lemon curd and raspberries. - Janice Baker, London, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and orange juice; beat until stiff peaks form. Using a long serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into three layers., Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup lemon curd. Top with 1 cup raspberries and 1/3 cup cream mixture; repeat layers. Replace cake top; spread with remaining lemon curd., Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream mixture. Top with remaining raspberries; refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605 calories, Fat 33g fat (20g saturated fat), Cholesterol 190mg cholesterol, Sodium 243mg sodium, Carbohydrate 71g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
LEMON SHEET CAKE WITH RASPBERRY WHIPPED CREAM
This lovely cake was inspired by the colors and flavors of pink lemonade. Don't be tempted to skip the first step of this recipe, which asks you to rub lemon zest into granulated sugar: The sugar granules help release the essential oils in the zest, making for a brighter lemon flavor and fragrance. (If you're really short on time, you can skip using your hands and just mix with the paddle attachment inside the mixer bowl on low speed for 1 minute.) Slather this sunny cake with swoopy, easy-to-make raspberry whipped cream then serve as is, or dressed up with lemon zest or sprinkles.
Provided by Erin Jeanne McDowell
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 1 (9-by-13-inch) cake
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick spray, then line the pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat the parchment paper with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, use your hands to rub together the sugar and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter and oil to the bowl with the lemon sugar, and transfer it to the mixer. Using the paddle attachment, cream the mixture on medium speed until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. With the mixer running, add the lemon juice in a slow, steady stream and mix until well combined, 1 minute more. Scrape the bowl well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on medium speed until each is incorporated before adding the next, about 1 to 2 minutes each. Scrape the bowl well every two to three additions.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. With the mixer running on low speed, add the buttermilk in a slow, steady stream, and mix until fully incorporated. Add the remaining flour and mix until it's evenly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Transfer to the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 27 to 32 minutes. Cool completely.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting: In a medium bowl, mash the raspberries with a potato masher or large fork until broken down. Stir in 1/2 cup/100 grams granulated sugar, and let macerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain the raspberry mixture. (You should have at least 3/4 cup/180 milliliters juice. Reserve any excess for cocktails, stir it into sparkling water, or drizzle over ice cream.)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the cream and the remaining 1/4 cup/50 grams granulated sugar on medium speed until the mixture reaches soft peaks, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- With the mixer still running on medium speed, pour the raspberry juice into the mixer in a slow, steady stream. (Reduce splattering by pouring away from the moving whisk.) Continue to whip until the mixture forms peaks, about 30 seconds to 1 minute more.
- Spoon the frosting over the cooled cake and spread into an even layer. If desired, garnish with lemon zest and sprinkles.
LEMON CAKE WITH LEMON CREAM OR RASPBERRY SAUCE
From A. Lindsay Light Cooking. Baking it as I write!! You can replace the extra-thick yogurt by yogurt cheese. Delicious moist cake with a nice lemon flavour - Made holes on both sides of cake to make sure all the lemon syrup went in - was worried it would be too sour - but not at all!! The sauce with the yogurt is great too! For all lemon lovers - got to try this!!
Provided by Redsie
Yield 1 cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, yogurt and lemon rind. Mix flour with baking powder; beat into egg mixture alternatively with milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk.
- Spoon into greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Bake in 350F oven for 50 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Glaze: Stir lemon juice with sugar until sugar is dissolved. Invert cake onto rimmed plate; using toothpick, poke 1-inch deep holes in top of cake. Brush glaze over cake. Let cool. Serve with lemon cream or raspberry sauce.
- Lemon Cream: In small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, lemon rind and juice, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or for up to 3 days.
- Raspberry Sauce: Thaw raspberries; drain and reserve 1/2 cup juice. Press berries through sieve over bowl to remove seeds. Stir in enough of the reserved juice to make sauce consistency. Stir in sugar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.9, Fat 7.1, SaturatedFat 4, Cholesterol 42.7, Sodium 105.3, Carbohydrate 63.1, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 41.6, Protein 4.5
More about "lemon pound cake with raspberry sauce recipes"
POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY-LEMON SAUCE RECIPE
Servings 16Total Time 3 hrs
RASPBERRY SWIRL LEMON POUND CAKE - MARSHA'S BAKING …
4.5/5 (11)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory CakesCalories 386 per serving
THE BEST LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE - BAKER BY …
LEMON RASPBERRY POUND CAKE RECIPE MOM ON TIMEOUT
LEMON CREAM CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE • ONE LOVELY LIFE
LEMON RASPBERRY BUNDT CAKE - MARSHA'S BAKING …
LEMON RASPBERRY SWIRL POUND CAKE - MY CAKE SCHOOL
LEMON POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE - THE SATURDAY …
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
RASPBERRY LEMON LOAF CAKE - CONFESSIONS OF A BAKING QUEEN
BEST POUND CAKE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE POUND CAKE - DELISH
LEMON RASPBERRY POUND CAKE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
LEMON POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SWIRL | MCCORMICK
FOOD NETWORK CANADA | BEST EASY RECIPES & COOKING TIPS
LEMON RASPBERRY POUND CAKE - SLOW THE COOK DOWN
RASPBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
RASPBERRY SWIRL LEMON POUND CAKE - PLAYS WELL WITH BUTTER
LEMON RASPBERRY SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
LEMON RASPBERRY POUND CAKE RECIPE BY EMILY JACOBS
LEMON MASCARPONE POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE #FWCON
LEMON NUT POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
COLD OVEN LEMON SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
RASPBERRY LEMON CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
RASPBERRY LEMONADE POUND CAKE - A CLASSIC TWIST
LEMON POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY COMPOTE - FOXES LOVE LEMONS
LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPE - THE SUGAR COATED COTTAGE
ALMOND CAKE RASPBERRY SAUCE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
10 BEST LEMON CURD RASPBERRY CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
RASPBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE - KRUSTEAZ
LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE (WITH LEMON CURD) - THE FLAVOR BENDER
RASPBERRY LEMONADE POUND CAKE - THE SLOW ROASTED ITALIAN
LEMON CAKE WITH RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE FILLING - WINDY CITY BAKER
LEMON VANILLA BEAN CANOLA OIL POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE
LEMON VANILLA BEAN CANOLA OIL POUND CAKE WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE …
RASPBERRY LEMON LOAF CAKE - JULIA'S CUISINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a raspberry pound cake?To make this pound cake, simply start by making the raspberry sauce. Place the raspberries and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat, and bring to the boil. Cook for about 5 – 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the raspberries have broken down, and the mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
How do you Make Lemonade with raspberries?Add the lemonade and salt and mix until combined. Add the lemon zest and mix. Scrape the bowl. Toss the remaining 2 tablespoons flour with the raspberries in the bowl; this will stop them from sinking. Fold the raspberries into the batter with a spatula. Butter and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
How long do you boil raspberries for cake?Incredibly moist and fluffy lemon-infused pound cake swirled with a fresh raspberry sauce! Place the raspberries and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat, and bring to the boil. Cook for about 5 - 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the raspberries have broken down, and the mixture has thickened slightly.
How do you make lemon cake batter?Whisk in the lemon juice, salt and milk until completely combined. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add a 1/2 cup of the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Pour the batter into a plastic wrap-lined 9 by 13-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.