LEVERPOSTEJ - DANISH LIVER PASTE
- Put liver, fat and onions through a meat grinder about 5 times. Melt butter, add the flour, then milk, bring to a soft boil stirring frequently until thickened. Add cream sauce to liver mixture, add eggs and spices. Beat until well mixed. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Set into a pan of shallow water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool and serve as a sandwich spread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445.8, Fat 40.9, SaturatedFat 20.4, Cholesterol 224.5, Sodium 796.4, Carbohydrate 5.9, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.5, Protein 12.9
DANISH CHICKEN LIVER PATE
A traditional Danish lunch item. Spread some on rye bread and top with cucumber or tomatoes or anything that takes your fancy. Makes a great addition to Danish smorgesbord. This should keep for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Provided by MarianneK
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Mix flour and water together in a bowl until a thin paste forms, adding more water as needed.
- Combine flour mixture, chicken livers, cream, onion, eggs, butter, salt, nutmeg, and black pepper in a food processor; process until blended and smooth, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Transfer liver mixture to three 7x4-inch disposable pans. Cover pans with aluminum foil and place in a baking pan. Pour enough water into the baking pan to come up halfway up the sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cooked through, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cool to room temperature. Cover with lids and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.8 calories, Carbohydrate 3.8 g, Cholesterol 206.6 mg, Fat 13.6 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 247.8 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
MOM'S FAVOURITE LEVERPOSTEJ/ PORK LIVER PATE
I have used my Grandmother Johansen's Liver pate recipe over the many years living in Canada. This one is my favourite and I tend to use pork liver instead of calf's, as the taste is more 'Farmors' (Grandmother's). You can freeze the raw liver/pate, but do not bake before freezing.
Provided by Scandigirl
Yield 4 small forms
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Chop speck, and chop liver with onion 1-2 times through the meat-grinder.
- Make a white sauce of butter/margarine, flour and milk.
- Add chopped speck and the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake in small forms.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.8, Fat 27, SaturatedFat 10.8, Cholesterol 300.6, Sodium 1006.2, Carbohydrate 7.9, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.1, Protein 21.9
More about "leverpostej danish liver paste recipes"
LEVERPOSTEJ (DANISH LIVER PATE), UTTERLY DELICIOUS! | FAB …
5/5 (3)Servings 12Cuisine DanishCategory Lunch
- Blitz the liver, bacon and onion in a food processor or blender until fairly smooth (you’ll probably need to poke down the onions from the sides).
DANISH LIVER PATE (LEVERPOSTEJ) - THE BEST AND EASY RECIPE!
4.4/5 (5)Category LunchCuisine DanishTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Add the eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper and mix it well with the lever mixture. The liver mixture is now ready to be cooked in to a delicious liver pate.
- Place the foil trays in an ovenproof pan and fill the pan with water until the water level reaches the middle of the foil trays.
LEVERPOSTEJ – DANISH LIVER PATE | MY DANISH KITCHEN
LEVERPOSTEJ | TRADITIONAL PâTé FROM COPENHAGEN, …
DANISH CUISINE - WIKIPEDIA
(DANISH LIVER PASTE) LEVERPOSTEJ RECIPE - ALMOSTNORDIC
Cuisine DanishCategory SnackServings 4Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
LEVERPOSTEJ (DANISH PORK LIVER PATE) - EAT YOUR WORLD
LEVERPOSTEJ (DANISH LIVER PATE) RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
LEVERPOSTEJ - DANISH LIVER PASTE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LEVERPOSTEJ - DANISH LIVER PATE | DANISH CUISINE, LIVER RECIPES, …
LEVERPOSTEJ (DANISH PORK PATE) - TASTE OF DENMARK
LIVERPOSTEJ - MEATS AND SAUSAGES
HOW TO MAKE DANISH LIVER PATE’ (LEVERPOSTEJ) - YOUTUBE
NEW 361 DANISH LEVERPOSTEJ RECIPE
DANISH LIVER PATE (LEVERPOSTEJ) - BEST OF CALGARY FOODS
LEVERPOSTEJ - DANISH LIVER PASTE -- NATHAN'S COOKBOOK
DELICIOUS LEVERPOSTEJ – LIVER PATE | MY DANISH KITCHEN
LEVERPOSTEJ - LIVER PASTE - DANISH FOOD CULTURE
DANISH LIVER PASTE (LEVERPOSTEJ) | RECIPE | DANISH CUISINE, DANISH …
DANISH LIVER PATE' (LEVERPOSTEJ) - KIMBOS COMFORT KITCHEN
DANISH LIVER PâTé - LEVERPOSTEJ — SWEET • SOUR • SAVORY
DANISH LIVER PâTé (DANSK LEVERPOSTEJ) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
DANISH FOOD CULTURE - DANISH CUISINE AND COOKING - SMøRREBRøD ...
LEVERPOSTEJ - DANISH LEVERPOSTEJ
DANISH LEVERPOSTEJ (“LIVER PATE”) - DIEPLICIOUS
OPEN FACED LIVER PATé LEVERPOSTEJ MEATLOAF SANDWICHES - FARM …
DANISH LIVER PâTé (LEVERPOSTEJ) RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
OVNBAGT LEVERPOSTEJ (BAKED LIVER PâTé) IN 2021 | DANISH FOOD, …
HOW TO MAKE DANISH LIVER PATE LEVERPOSTEJ - THE BEST AND EASY …
COST DANISH LIVER PATE LEVERPOSTEJ RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
LEVERPOSTEJ DANISH LIVER PASTE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
LIVER PASTE RECIPE – GHORER KHOJ
SMøRREBRøD - WIKIPEDIA
DANISH LIVER PATE LEVERPOSTEJ RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is leverpostej (Danish liver pate)?Leverpostej (Danish Liver Pate) is a wonderful pork liver pate that is lighter in texture than normal pate and is served hot on rye bread for the most exquisite of eating experiences. If you’ve never tried it then you have seriously been missing out! What is Leverpostej?
What is leverpostej?Leverpostej, pronounced Liwer-po-stigh is a traditional Danish pork liver pate which is served hot on rye bread and garnished in various ways. Wanting to recreate the pork liver pate that my mother used to buy from the Danish Centre when I was a child, I set about doing some research as this was not a recipe that she had ever made.
How do you make liver pate?Use a meat grinder to grind the raw pork liver, pork fat and onions into a uniform mixture. Add the eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper and mix it well with the lever mixture. The liver mixture is now ready to be cooked in to a delicious liver pate.
What goes well with Danish liver pate?Danish Liver pate and Danish rye bread. The best way of serving this liver pate is together with some Danish rye bread, some crisp bacon and some pan fried mushrooms. You can serve a Danish liver pate hot or cold.