LOBSTER AND AVOCADO SALAD
This recipe, from Craig Claiborne with Pierre Franey, brings together two scrumptious delights, the lobster and the avocado. The creaminess of the avocado complements the sweetness of the lobster. The combination is perfect for a light summer supper or lunch. It's great for a special occasion, but can also be a treat just for you.
Provided by Craig Claiborne And Pierre Franey
Categories salads and dressings
Yield Four to six servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring enough water to the boil to cover the lobsters when added. Add the lobsters and salt and cover. When the water returns to the boil, let the lobsters simmer 12 minutes. Let stand five to 10 minutes and drain the lobsters well.
- Meanwhile, cut away and discard the core of the lettuce. Cut the leaves lengthwise into quarters. Cut the leaves crosswise into very fine shreds. There should be about six to seven cups.
- Remove the meat from the lobster shells. Cut the meat into bite-size pieces. There should be about four cups.
- Put the lettuce in a salad bowl. Arrange the lobster pieces on top and add the green onions or scallions. Toss lightly.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Discard the pits. Peel the halves. Cut each half lengthwise into thin strips. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Arrange the avocado slices neatly over the salad. Sprinkle with the basil.
- To make the salad dressing, put the mustard, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add the egg. Blend the oils. Start beating with a wire whisk while gradually adding the oil.
- Serve the salad and salad dressing separately if desired. Or toss the salad with the dressing.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 730, UnsaturatedFat 42 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 52 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 54 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 1335 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Whisk the lime juice, honey, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Gently fold in the lobster, avocado and watercress. Serve in shot glasses, if desired.
GRILLED LOBSTER AND AVOCADO SALAD
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mustard, shallots, vinegar and lime juice. Slowly whisk in the grapefruit oil and the extra-virgin olive oil. Do not worry if the dressing is not perfectly emulsified. Stir in the herbs, salt and pepper. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Preheat grill to high or preheat the broiler.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. With a spoon carefully remove the avocado meat. Reserve the shells. Cut the avocado into 1/3-inch dice and place in a mixing bowl. Add lime juice and cover closely with plastic wrap.
- Remove the lobster meat from tail and parboil for 1 minute or until no longer translucent. Place lobster meat on the grill basting with butter just long enough to get a little grill flavor (about 1 minute per side). If cooking indoors, broil until lightly golden.
- Remove lobster from the grill and dice into approximately the same sized cubes as the avocado.
- In a large bowl, gently mix the avocado, lobster, red bell pepper, jicama and onion. Drizzle in half of the vinaigrette and carefully stir to mix evenly. Taste for seasoning and add more dressing or salt or pepper, as needed. Generously stuff the avocado shells. This can be prepared a few hours in advance and refrigerated.
- Place a bed of butter lettuce on chilled salad plates and place avocado half in center of plate. Scatter the lettuce with pine nuts, onion and tomatoes. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salad. Serve immediately.
LOBSTER AND AVOCADO SALAD
This is a great summer salad that combines some of my very favorite things: lobster, fresh green beans, black olives, and avocados! This makes a good brunch salad.
Provided by Berts Kitchen Witch
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Chop cooked lobster tails into small chunks.
- Chop avocados into small chunks.
- Combine lobster and avocado together with lemon juice over all.
- Boil the green beans in salted water for about 3 minutes (You want them "tender-crisp").
- Drain green beans and run under cold water to cool.
- Add all the rest of the salad ingredients to the lobster and avocado; toss together.
- Place all the dressing ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil together in a small bowl.
- SLOWLY drizzle in the olive oil whisking it into the dressing until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over the salad and ENJOY!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 669.9, Fat 64.3, SaturatedFat 9.1, Sodium 122.7, Carbohydrate 27.1, Fiber 15.9, Sugar 2.6, Protein 6
LOBSTER, MANGO, AND AVOCADO SALAD
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lobsters and boil for 7 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain the lobsters and let them cool completely. When the lobsters are cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the tail (and from the claws if using Maine lobsters), keeping the meat intact. Discard the tomalley, any roe, and shells. Chill the lobster, covered, until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Chop the lobster into bite-size pieces. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, scallions, and lime juice; set the dressing aside.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from each grapefruit. Working over a small bowl, cut between the membranes to release the grapefruit segments, letting the juice and segments fall into the bowl. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the segments to a large bowl. Add the lobster, avocados, mango, and mesclun greens.
- Whisk the reserved grapefruit juice into the scallion dressing, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently toss the salad with dressing to coat. Serve.
LOBSTER AVOCADO AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
Gourmet. Jan 04. If you don't want to cook a live lobster for this recipe, buy 2/3 pound cooked lobster meat from your seafood shop. Fresh crab would be nice in this too.
Provided by dicentra
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Plunge lobster headfirst into an 8-quart pot of boiling salted water . Cook, covered, over high heat 6 minutes (for 1 1/4-lb lobster) or 7 minutes (for 1 1/2-lb lobster) from time it enters water. Transfer with tongs to sink to drain.
- When lobster is cool enough to handle, remove meat from tail and claws, keeping meat intact. Discard tomalley, any roe, and shells. Chill lobster, covered, until cold, at least 1 hour.
- While lobster chills, stir together shallot, lemon juice, and table salt in a small bowl and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Add oil in a stream, whisking.
- Cut peel, including all white pith, from grapefruit with a sharp knife. Cut segments free from membranes and transfer segments to paper towels to drain.
- Halve avocado lengthwise, discarding pit. (Save 1 half, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, for another use.) Halve remaining avocado half lengthwise and peel, then cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Cut lobster tail meat crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Divide avocado and all of lobster meat between 2 salad plates and arrange grapefruit around them. Top with arugula and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt (if using) and serve immediately.
GRILLED LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND PAPAYA
Categories Salad Leafy Green Tomato Backyard BBQ Dinner Lunch Papaya Lobster Avocado Summer Grill Bon Appétit Pescatarian Paleo Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Place smoke chips in 8 x 6-inch foil packet with open top. Set atop coals 5 minutes before grilling lobsters. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Working in batches, drop lobsters headfirst into water. Cover; boil 2 minutes. Transfer lobsters to work surface. Immediately split in half lengthwise, using heavy large knife. Crack claws.
- Arrange lobsters, cut side up, on grill. Cover; grill 6 minutes. Turn lobsters over and grill until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove lobster meat from shells. Cool. Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl.
- Whisk oil and next 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover lobster and dressing separately; chill. Rewhisk dressing before continuing.)
- Add avocados, tomatoes and papaya to lobster in bowl. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss greens in another large bowl with enough remaining dressing to coat.
- Divide greens among plates. Spoon lobster mixture atop greens and serve.
LOBSTER AVOCADO SALAD
This cold lobster avocado salad is delicious by itself or along with a tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad and a cold glass of Chardonnay.
Provided by Tina A.
Categories Salad Seafood Salad Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Fill a tall pot with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Add lobster, cover, and steam until tender, about 20 minutes. Rinse, cool, and cut lobster meat into chunks. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix vinegar, oil, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, salt, and pepper together to make the dressing.
- Mix chilled lobster with the dressing and gently mix in avocado. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 348.2 calories, Carbohydrate 6.9 g, Cholesterol 127.4 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 37.4 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 753.4 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND HEARTS OF PALM
Provided by Amanda Hesser
Categories dinner, weekday, salads and dressings
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Put 3/4-inch water in a stockpot, cover, and bring to a boil. Place one lobster in pot, and cover. When it begins to steam (about 30 seconds), cook for 10 minutes. Remove lobster, and let cool; repeat with second lobster. Reserve cooking juices. Remove tail meat, leg meat and claws from shells, and cut in 1/8-inch slices.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, lime juice, cumin, coriander and red pepper flakes. Season with salt. Gradually whisk in olive oil until thickened, then whisk in one tablespoon lobster juices.
- On large platter, arrange greens, hearts of palm and avocado. Lay lobster slices in overlapping rows. Sprinkle with lime and lemon juice, then pour vinaigrette on top. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 480, UnsaturatedFat 23 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 49 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 1391 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "lobster and avocado salad recipes"
10 BEST LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO RECIPES | YUMMLY
LOBSTER, AVOCADO AND PRAWN SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER …
10 BEST LOBSTER AVOCADO RECIPES | YUMMLY
AVOCADO AND LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD
LOBSTER AND AVOCADO SALAD | SAVEUR
BEST LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE LOBSTER SALAD
LOBSTER AND AVOCADO SALAD | THRIFTY FOODS RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins
AVOCADO AND LOBSTER SALAD - SEAFOOD SALAD RECIPES
SPINY LOBSTER & AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE | BLOODYDECKS
CHIPOTLE LOBSTER AND AVOCADO WRAP - SKINNYTASTE
LOBSTER AVOCADO SALAD WITH CITRUS DRESSING - A FOODCENTRIC LIFE
LOBSTER MANGO AVOCADO SALAD - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
LOBSTER AVOCADO MANGO SALAD RECIPE - EVERYDAY SOUTHWEST
RECIPE: LOBSTER & AVOCADO SALAD WITH ASIAN DRESSING
11 CLASSIC SEAFOOD AND AVOCADO SALADS | ALLRECIPES
LOBSTER, SHRIMP, AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH CREAMY LIME DRESSING
LOBSTER AND AVOCADO SALAD | PRIMAL PALATE | PALEO RECIPES
LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE (SIMPLE AND CREAMY) | KITCHN
LOBSTER AVOCADO SALAD WITH SHAVED FENNEL AND CITRUS
AVOCADO MAINE LOBSTER SALAD - LOBSTER FROM MAINE
CREAMY LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND HERBS | PUNCHFORK
AVOCADO AND LOBSTER SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LOBSTER, AVOCADO AND ASPARAGUS SALAD | DINNER RECIPES | WOMAN …
10 BEST LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO RECIPES | YUMMLY
AVOCADO AND ROCK LOBSTER SALAD | RECIPE
LOBSTER SALAD WITH AVOCADO, FETA AND LEMON VINAIGRETTE
ITALIAN LOBSTER SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
LOBSTER AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE - CALIFORNIA AVOCADOS
GRILLED LOBSTER AND AVOCADO SALAD – RECIPES NETWORK
AVOCADO LOBSTER SALAD | AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO
LOBSTER & AVOCADO SALAD - TINY NEW YORK KITCHEN
LOBSTER SALAD | RICARDO
BACON, AVOCADO, AND MAINE LOBSTER SANDWICH - MAINE LOBSTER
GREEN SALAD WITH LOBSTER AND AVOCADO RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
LOBSTER SALAD WITH CALIFORNIA AVOCADO BRULEE
LOBSTER SALAD WITH CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING | METRO
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love