MACADAMIA NUT PIE
When I was young, friends of our family traveled to Hawaii and brought back macadamia nuts. My mom used them in this recipe. It's a tasty twist on traditional pecan pie.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Unroll crust and place in a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge and set aside. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until combined. Stir in the nuts. Pour into crust. , Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476 calories, Fat 30g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 66mg cholesterol, Sodium 264mg sodium, Carbohydrate 52g carbohydrate (40g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
MACADAMIA NUT PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the dark corn syrup, sugar, and eggs. Stir in macadamia nuts and melted butter. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. If necessary, cover edge with foil to prevent overbrowning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 536.5 calories, Carbohydrate 62 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Fat 32.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.8 g, Sodium 248.7 mg, Sugar 28.8 g
MACADAMIA NUT CREAM PIE
- Make the crust: Pulse the flour, coconut and salt in a food processor until the coconut is finely chopped. Add the butter and shortening and pulse until the mixture looks like coarse meal with pea-size bits of butter. Drizzle in 3 tablespoons ice water and pulse until the dough begins to come together (add more water, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, if necessary). Turn out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and pat into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out the dough into an 11-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhanging dough under itself and crimp the edges with your fingers. Pierce the bottom all over with a fork. Refrigerate the crust until firm, about 15 minutes. Line the crust with foil, then fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the edges are golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil and weights and continue baking until golden all over, 10 to 15 more minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Heat 1 1/2 cups milk and the macadamia nuts in a medium saucepan over medium heat (do not boil). Whisk the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 cup milk in a bowl until combined. Gradually whisk half of the hot milk mixture into the egg mixture, then pour back into the saucepan with the remaining milk mixture and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens and just begins to boil, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the white chocolate until smooth. Transfer the filling to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Once the filling is cool, bring a few inches of water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Whisk the egg whites and the remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a large heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over the pan (do not let the bowl touch the water) and whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is warm. Remove the bowl from the pan and beat with a hand mixer until the egg whites are glossy and stiff, about 5 minutes. Fold the beaten egg whites into the filling, then spread in the prepared crust. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, make the whipped cream for topping: Beat the heavy cream and confectioners' sugar with a mixer until medium peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe around the edge of the pie. Top with the macadamia nuts and toasted coconut.
MACADAMIA NUT-BANANA CREAM PIE
- In medium bowl, beat all crust ingredients with electric mixer on low speed about 1 minute or just until blended. Press mixture on bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate; prick mixture with fork. Refrigerate 30 minutes while preparing filling.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix 2/3 cup sugar, the cornstarch and salt. In large bowl, beat milk and egg yolks with wire whisk until blended; gradually stir into sugar mixture. Cook over medium-low heat about 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 2 minutes, beating constantly with wire whisk; remove from heat. Beat in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon vanilla with wire whisk. Press plastic wrap on filling to prevent a tough layer from forming. Cool at room temperature while baking crust.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake crust 16 to 18 minutes or until edge is golden brown. Cool at room temperature 15 minutes. Place banana slices on pie crust. Stir filling well; pour filling over bananas. Press plastic wrap on filling; refrigerate at least 2 hours until thoroughly chilled.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar on high speed until soft peaks form; spread over top of pie. Sprinkle with toasted nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 590, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 200 mg, Fat 6 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 320 mg, Sugar 32 g, TransFat 1 g
MACADAMIA KEY LIME PIE
I make Key lime pie at least four times a month during summer, it's so refreshing. The shortbread crust adds richness. -Brynn LeMaire, Gueydan, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs, macadamia nuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes., In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk and lime juice until blended. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours., In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; spoon or pipe onto pie. Top with macadamia nuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 604 calories, Fat 45g fat (23g saturated fat), Cholesterol 111mg cholesterol, Sodium 297mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
MACADAMIA NUT PIE
Found this on the internet a few years ago. It is excellent! If you love macadamias and you love pecan pie - then this is for you!
Provided by Color Guard Mom
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine eggs, sugar, corn syrup, mixing well; stir in macadamia nuts, butter and vanilla. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set. Cool and completely chill before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664.8, Fat 40.7, SaturatedFat 10.7, Cholesterol 121, Sodium 335.9, Carbohydrate 75.4, Fiber 2.9, Sugar 34.5, Protein 6.7
CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT PIE
- To prepare the crust, in a bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla and mix well. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix the flour mixture with the wet ingredients until incorporated. Press into a square on a piece of plastic wrap, wrap in the plastic, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, unwrap, and knead on a floured work surface until the dough is pliable. If using a 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom, roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thick and 12 inches in diameter. Spray the tart pan with vegetable-oil cooking spray. Carefully transfer the dough to the prepared pan and press firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan. Using a rolling pin, press down on the pan edges to trim off the excess dough. If using individual 3-inch tartlet pans with removable bottoms, divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each one out to 1/4 inch thick and 4 inches in diameter. Spray the tartlet pans with vegetable-oil cooking spray. Carefully transfer each dough round to a prepared tartlet pan and press firmly into the bottom and sides of the pans. Using a rolling pin, press down on the edges of the pans to trim off the excess dough. Refrigerate the lined tart or tartlet pans for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the pastry shells with aluminum foil. Bake the 10-inch tart for 15 minutes, or the tartlets for 10 minutes, until the pastry begins to pull away from the sides of the pan. Remove the shells from the oven and allow to cool before removing the foil. Decrease the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- To prepare the filling, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the chocolate until completely melted. In a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, and corn syrup together. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix well. Add the vanilla extract and mix well. Fold in the nuts.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked shells. Bake the 1-inch tart for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or the tartlets for 35 to 40 minutes, untill the filling puffs up in the center but is not cracked. Allow to cool on racks and then refrigerate for 2 hours to make unmolding easier.
- To prepare the whipped cream, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and whip with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- To unmold, remove the pan sides and slide the pie or tarts onto a serving plate. Serve the pie at room temperature with the whipped cream and chopped nuts.
- Makes 1 (10-inch) pie or 8 individual tarts.
MACADAMIA LIME PIE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place nuts on cookie sheet and toast until golden brown, stirring several times and watching carefully, about 2 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool completely. Maintain oven temperature. Grind 1/2 cup macadamia nuts in processor. Transfer nuts to medium bowl. Add cookie crumbs, sugar and butter and mix. Press mixture into 9-inch pie pan. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place 2 tablespoons lime juice in small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over and let stand until softened, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and condensed milk in heavy medium saucepan to blend. Whisk in remaining 1/2 cup lime juice. Stir over medium heat 6 minutes to cook eggs (do not boil). Add softened gelatin and lime peel and stir until gelatin dissolves. Pour filling into prepared crust and refrigerate until filling is set, about 6 hours or overnight.
- Spread whipped cream decoratively over pie. Chop remaining macadamia nuts and sprinkle over cream. Cut into wedges and serve.
MACADAMIA AND COCONUT PIE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Beat egg whites and baking powder in a glass or metal bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla extract, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg white mixture will form sharp peaks.
- Fold graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup coconut, and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts into egg white mixture; pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over cooled pie and sprinkle 1/4 cup coconut and 1/4 cup macadamia nuts over whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.8 calories, Carbohydrate 45.1 g, Fat 19.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 142.2 mg, Sugar 38 g
MACADAMIA NUT PIE
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Whisk sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla in large bowl to blend. Fill pie crust with nuts. Pour sugar mixture over nuts in pie crust. Bake pie until center puffs slightly, about 55 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 2 hours at room temperature before serving.) Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
MACADAMIA NUT CREAM PIE
This recipe is per a board request for this Hawaiian treat. The recipe originates from a recipe from the Residential Services Division Organization: Hawaiian Electric Company
Provided by Steve P.
Yield 1 Nine inch pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup of the milk, 1/4 cup of the sugar, 1/4 cup of the nuts, the salt and the vanilla; scald.
- Mix the remaining 1/3 cup milk with 1 whole egg and cornstarch.
- Thoroughly stir some of hot mixture into egg mixture (adding a small amount first to even out the temperature helps to prevent the egg from scrambling when added to the rest of the hot mixture); return all to saucepan.
- Cook 5 more minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold carefully into cooled mixture.
- Pour into pie shell; chill.
- Before serving, top with sweetened whipped cream and remaining 1/4 cup nuts.
More about "macadamia pie recipes"
MACADAMIA NUT PIE - MARSHALL ISLANDS TRADITIONAL FOOD
5/5 (1)Category DessertAuthor Mike BenayounTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
MACADAMIA KEY LIME PIE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
THE BEST MACADAMIA TART - VEENA AZMANOV
CARAMEL AND MACADAMIA NUT PIE - JEWISH FOOD …
RECIPES ARCHIVE | MILKADAMIA
MACADAMIA RASPBERRY PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CLASSIC KEY LIME PIE WITH MACADAMIA NUT CRUST
MACADAMIA NUT PIE WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE - CRAZY FOR …
MACADAMIA PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Fit 1 piecrust into a 9" pieplate according to package directions. Cut small circles or other desired shapes from remaining piecrust, using small cookie cutters. Arrange cutouts around edge of pieplate, pressing gently; set aside.
- Combine eggs and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into egg mixture; discard vanilla bean pod. Stir mixture well. Stir in macadamia nuts and coconut. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is set. Let cool completely. Serve with small scoops of ice cream, if desired.
10 BEST MACADAMIA NUT PIE CRUST RECIPES | YUMMLY
MACADAMIA NUT PIE - WILD WILD WHISK
CHEF LEE ANNE WONG'S KOLOA MAC RUM PIE - HAWAIIAN RECIPES
MACADAMIA NUT FLOUR PIE CRUST | KIPUKA MILLS
24 BEST MACADAMIA NUT RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA PIE – MODERN HONEY
MACADAMIA BANOFFEE PIE - AUSTRALIAN MACADAMIAS
MACADAMIA PIE | MRFOOD.COM
NO-BAKE MACADAMIA NUT PIE - LIVING HEALTHY WITH CHOCOLATE
MACADAMIA PIE - PLAIN.RECIPES
PINEAPPLE COCONUT MACADAMIA PIE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
MACADAMIA PIE CRUST RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
MACADAMIA PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | RECIPES, HOW SWEET …
CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA PIE RECIPE
MACADAMIA CHIFFON PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL MACADAMIA NUT PIE - THE ART OF BAKING
CARAMEL COCONUT MACADAMIA NUT PIE - CREME DE LA CRUMB
MACADAMIA CREAM PIE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
MACADAMIA PIE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHOCOLATE-COCONUT-MACADAMIA PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HAUPIA PIE WITH MACADAMIA NUT CRUST
MACADAMIA NUT PIE RECIPE - HAWAII'S LOCAL BUZZ
DUKE'S HULA PIE RECIPE (COPYCAT) - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
MACADAMIA CREAM PIE RECIPE | POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER
COCONUT CREAM PIE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
MACADAMIA PIE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #pies-and-tarts #desserts #fruit #easy #dinner-party #pies #nuts #brunch
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a Macadamia Nut Pie?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, mix together the dark corn syrup, sugar, and eggs. Stir in macadamia nuts and melted butter. Pour into pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set.
What can I do with macadamia nuts from Hawaii?When I was young, friends of our family traveled to Hawaii and brought back macadamia nuts. My mom used them in this recipe. It's a tasty twist on traditional pecan pie. Unroll crust and place in a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge and set aside. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until combined. Stir in the nuts.
How long to bake macadamia nuts?Directions 1 Step 1#N#Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).#N#Advertisement 2 Step 2#N#In a large bowl, mix together the dark corn syrup, sugar, and eggs. Stir in macadamia nuts and melted butter. 3 Step 3#N#Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. If necessary, cover edge with foil to... More ...
How much milk do you put in a macadamia nut cake?Meanwhile, make the filling: Heat 1 1/2 cups milk and the macadamia nuts in a medium saucepan over medium heat (do not boil). Whisk the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch, vanilla and the remaining 1/4 cup milk in a bowl until combined.