GRILLED MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat a grill for cooking over medium heat. Lightly oil the grill grates.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and turn off the heat. Remove 1/4 cup of the melted butter and reserve. Whisk the maple syrup, cider vinegar, dry mustard, crushed red pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper into the saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 4 minutes to reduce slightly. Remove the glaze from the heat and let cool. Set aside 1/3 cup of the glaze for drizzling at the end.
- Carefully halve the squashes from the stem to the bottom. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard. Place the squash halves flat-side down and slice crosswise into 1/2-inch scalloped half-moons. Place the slices in a very large bowl.
- Mix together the chili powder, coriander, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the squash slices. Drizzle the reserved 1/4 cup of melted butter over the squash. Toss with your hands to make sure the slices are evenly coated.
- Place the squash slices on the grill and cover. Cook until dark grill marks appear, about 10 minutes. Flip the squash slices; cover and cook until the squash is just tender enough to be pierced easily with a paring knife, 7 to 8 minutes more.
- Brush the squash slices with the glaze and flip. Cook 1 minute, brush with glaze, flip and cook on the other side for another minute. Remove from the grill and arrange on a large platter. Drizzle with the reserved glaze. Sprinkle with the pepitas. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH
With a maple syrup and brown sugar glaze, this squash becomes pleasantly sweet. This is comfort food-easy to prepare and a tasty pairing with a pork entree. -Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. , If necessary, drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until glaze is heated through. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 311mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BALSAMIC-MAPLE ACORN SQUASH
Acorn squash is tossed with a sweet and savory balsamic-maple dressing and then baked until tender and thoroughly delicious.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Place squash halves, cut sides down, on cutting board. Cut each half crosswise into 6 slices; place in large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients until blended. Add to squash; toss to evenly coat. Spread onto foil-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 45 min. or until squash is tender, turning after 25 min.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 90, Fat 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 1 g
Squash gets pleasantly sweet and spicy flavors from maple syrup and cinnamon in this recipe. -Betty Kay Sitzman, Wray, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut halves crosswise into 1-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. , In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over squash. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 112mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
MAPLE GLAZED ACORN SQUASH
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Cut top and bottom off squash.
- Slice crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out center seeds.
- Arrange squash in baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until bubbly; pour over squash.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until tender, 30 minutes.
- If squash needs browning, turn up heat in broiler; broil until lightly glazed.
ACORN SQUASH WITH SWEET MAPLE GLAZE
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the olive oil, brown sugar, and maple syrup together in a small bowl. Put the acorn squash, cut side up, in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush the glaze on the flesh of the squash and season with salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Put the squash in the oven and roast it until tender and golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the squash from the oven and transfer it to a serving dish. Top with butter and serve.
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH, COOKS COUNTRY
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Half squash through stem, seed and cut each half into 4 wedges. Toss squash, oil, sugar, salt, pepper in large bowl. Arrange squash cut side down in a single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bottoms of squash are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring syrup to boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Off heat, whisk in butter and cyenne until smooth. Cover and keep warm.
- When bottoms are deep and golden, remove from oven. Flip and brush 6 tablespoons glaze. Bake, rotating baking sheet, until squash is tender and deep golden all over, about 15 minutes. Flip and brush with remaining glaze, serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.3, Fat 12.4, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 20.4, Sodium 685.6, Carbohydrate 27.6, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 11.5, Protein 1.2
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH WITH CURRANTS
- Spread the cavity of each squash half with about 1/2 teaspoon of the butter, sprinkle the halves with salt and pepper to taste, and arrange them, cut sides down, in a large baking pan. Add enough water to reach about 1/4 inch up the sides of the squash halves and bake the squash in the middle of a preheated 400°F. oven for 30 minutes. While the squash is baking, in a small saucepan combine the remaining butter, the maple syrup, the allspice, the currants, and a pinch of salt and heat the mixture over moderately low heat, stirring, until the butter is melted and the currants are plumped. Remove the squash from the oven, turn it cut sides up, and brush it generously with some of the maple mixture. Return the squash to the oven and bake it, brushing it with the maple mixture occasionally and adding more water to the pan as necessary to keep the bottom covered, for 20 to 30 minutes more, or until it is very tender. Season the squash with salt and pepper.
More about "maple glazed acorn squash recipes"
BEST GRILLED MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - FOOD …
3.5/5 (2)Category Grill,Vegetables,VegetarianServings 6-8Total Time 45 mins
MAPLE GLAZED ACORN SQUASH - WENDY POLISI
ROASTED MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH | LAST INGREDIENT
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE | LIVESTRONG.COM
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH | COOK'S COUNTRY RECIPE
BAKED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - MAPLE GLAZED SQUASH - YOUTUBE
MAPLE-SOY GLAZED ACORN SQUASH WEDGES - UNWRITTEN RECIPES
EASY MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH | BEYOND FROSTING
MAPLE-AND-SOY-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH | WILLIAMS SONOMA
STUFFED MAPLE GLAZED ACORN SQUASH - CHEF BAI
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH – BONNIE PLANTS
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH | EVERYDAYDIABETICRECIPES.COM
ACORN SQUASH WITH MAPLE SYRUP GLAZE | METRO
MAPLE-CINNAMON ACORN SQUASH AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS
MAPLE SRIRACHA GLAZED ACORN SQUASH - MELANIEWINTERS
MAPLE GLAZED ACORN SQUASH - A TASTY LITTLE FOOD BLOG
MAPLE GLAZED ACORN SQUASH - BIGOVEN.COM
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE | VEGETARIAN | HANNAFORD
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
BEST MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH – VEGAN RECIPE HUB
MAPLE GLAZED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
ACORN SQUASH WITH MAPLE GLAZE INSIDE
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
MAPLE- AND GINGER-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BAKED ACORN SQUASH WITH MAPLE GLAZE - THE KITCHEN IS MY …
MAPLE GLAZED ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - SPOON FORK BACON
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH — THE TRAIL TO HEALTH
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH | WILLIAMS SONOMA
MAPLE GLAZED ACORN SQUASH WITH CREAMED SPINACH
PERFECT ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - A MIND "FULL" MOM
THE BEST MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - SAPORITO KITCHEN
MAPLE GLAZED ROASTED ACORN SQUASH (LOW FODMAP) - IBS GAME …
STUFFED ACORN SQUASH WITH APPLE, PARSNIP AND SAGE
ACORN SQUASH WITH CRANBERRY MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE - DELISH
SMOKY MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - BUDGET BYTES
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH SLICES | OVEN AND AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS
CARAMELIZED MAPLE ACORN SQUASH DESSERT — EATWELL101
ACORN SQUASH WITH SWEET MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE - KITCHEN INFINITY
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #side-dishes #vegetables #dinner-party #fall #holiday-event #kosher #vegetarian #winter #dietary #christmas #hanukkah #thanksgiving #low-sodium #gluten-free #seasonal #low-calorie #rosh-hashana #free-of-something #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make sweet squash with maple syrup?With a maple syrup and brown sugar glaze, this squash becomes pleasantly sweet. This is comfort food—easy to prepare and a tasty pairing with a pork entree. —Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water.
How to cook squash squash in a pan?Directions. Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. If necessary, drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves.
How do you make spicy butternut squash?Place the slices in a very large bowl. Mix together the chili powder, coriander, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the squash slices. Drizzle the reserved 1/4 cup of melted butter over the squash. Toss with your hands to make sure the slices are evenly coated.
What is the best way to cook a spaghetti squash?Directions 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 2 Place the squash, cut sides up, on a sheet pan. Place 1/2 tablespoon butter and 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup in the cavity of each squash. ... 3 Place the squash on a serving platter. If the halves are too large for one serving, cut each piece in half through the stem. ...