MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKEN STEW WITH CARROTS
- Place carrots in an oven-proof pot.
- Toss chicken with spices; add to pot.
- Pour chicken broth overtop.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/2-2 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Add raisins and cook 10 minutes more.
- Top with cilantro leaves, if desired.
- Mix cooking liquid with curry gravy powder until thickened, if desired, and serve overtop of chicken.
Pair this Moroccan-spiced chicken from the February 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Living with Olive, Apricot, and Pistachio Couscous for a mouthwatering meal the whole family will enjoy.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place a rimmed baking sheet on the center rack of oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix spices, 2 teaspoons salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, and the oil in a small bowl. Rub spice paste all over chicken.
- Carefully arrange chicken in a single layer on hot sheet, and arrange lemon wedges around chicken. Bake until chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer and juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with pan juices and roasted lemon wedges on the side.
MOROCCAN BONELESS CHICKEN STEW
Another gem I discovered on the Allrecipes website. This recipe was submitted by Sarah and Annette. This is their statement regarding this dish. "Spices, spices, spices! This recipe is thick with 'em, and your taste buds will be thick with pleasure from Moroccan Chicken. This exotic tasting dish is a definite crowd pleaser!"
Provided by Happy Hippie
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Season chicken with salt.
- Brown in a large saucepan over medium heat until almost cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, carrots and celery in same pan.
- When tender, stir in ginger, paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and turmeric.
- Stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Mix in broth and tomatoes.
- Return chicken to pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini to pan and bring to simmering once again.
- Cover pan and cook for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked through and tender. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 274.4, Fat 4.9, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 72.6, Sodium 1801.2, Carbohydrate 26.6, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 6.4, Protein 31.3
SPICED CHICKEN STEW WITH CARROTS
This Moroccan-flavored stew is great on its own but couscous would be an easy and fitting side dish. Find out how to make it.
Provided by the editors of Martha Stewart Living
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a 5-to 6-quart slow cooker with a browning option, brown chicken in oil; transfer to a plate. (If your slow cooker doesn't have a browning option, just remove skin from the chicken.) Add carrots, garlic, cinnamon stick, and cumin to pot. Place chicken on top. Cover and cook on high until chicken is cooked through, 4 hours (or 8 hours on low), adding raisins 15 minutes before done.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and carrots to a serving dish (remove cinnamon stick); top with cilantro and almonds. Season cooking liquid with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken before serving.
SPICED MOROCCAN CHICKEN WITH ONIONS AND PRUNES
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate. Add onions and garlic to same skillet. Sauté until onions begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Mix in flour, ginger, cinnamon and cumin; stir 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth. Add prunes, lemon juice and honey. Boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, whisking occasionally, about 8 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
More about "moroccan spiced chicken stew with carrots recipes"
SLOW COOKER MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW | READY SET EAT
Cuisine AfricanCategory Main DishServings 6Total Time 6 hrs 30 mins
- In a small bowl,stir together oil, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, paprika, black pepper, salt and cayenne. In a medium bowl, rub half of the spice paste over the chicken until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on top of carrots and potatoes. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add ginger and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Put in the slow cooker and top with dried apricots, raisins and olives.
- Stir together chicken broth and flour. Add broth, tomato paste, lemon juice and the remaining spice paste to the skillet and whisk to scrape up browned bits. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables in slow cooker.
SLOW-COOKER SPICED CHICKEN STEW WITH CARROTS RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
- Place carrots in slow cooker. In a bowl, toss together chicken, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add to slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours), adding raisins 15 minutes before cooking is done.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and carrots to a dish (remove cinnamon stick); top with cilantro and almonds.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW WITH CHICKPEAS AND VEGETABLES ...
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6 See details »
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW WITH ARTICHOKE HEARTS AND CARROTS ...
3.6/5 (420)Estimated Reading Time 40 secsServings 6-8 See details »
MOROCCAN CHICKEN RECIPE (SPICY CHICKEN STEW) | KYLEE COOKS
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW - BOWL ME OVER
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Chop the chicken pieces into 1 inch cubes and put in the spice mixture. Toss together so the chicken is completely coated. Set aside.
- Prepare the fruit & vegetables, dice the green pepper and onion. Quarter the dried apricots, if using fresh, slice in half - remove the seed and dice, no need to peel them.
ROASTED MOROCCAN-SPICED GRAPES AND CHICKEN RECIPE
- Combine onion, carrots, and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl; toss well. Arrange carrot mixture on 1 preheated pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Combine 3/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper) in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken evenly with spice mixture. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan, skin side down; cook 5 minutes or until browned and skin is crisp. Remove chicken from pan. Add chicken to vegetable mixture, skin side up. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon oil, grapes, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and olives in a medium bowl; toss well. Place grape mixture on remaining preheated jelly-roll pan. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until grapes are charred and beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Place 1/2 cup vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup grape mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 chicken thigh. Sprinkle with parsley.
SLOW-COOKER MOROCCAN-SPICED CHICKEN STEW RECIPE | EATINGWELL
- Stir together the cumin, cinnamon, coriander, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the chicken thighs evenly with the spice mixture. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add half of the chicken to the skillet; cook until browned on 1 side, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and cook 1 minute. Transfer the chicken to a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Repeat the procedure with the remaining oil and chicken.
- Add the onions and ginger to the skillet; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the stock to the skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring and scraping to loosen the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Transfer the onion mixture to the slow cooker. Stir the sweet potato into the slow cooker.
- Using kitchen scissors, chop the tomatoes in the can. Stir the chopped tomatoes and tomato liquid, chickpeas, raisins, and salt into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, about 5 hours. Remove the chicken to a cutting board; cut or tear into bite-sized pieces. Stir the lemon zest and lemon juice into the mixture in the slow cooker; gently stir in the chicken. Ladle the stew into bowls, and top with the cilantro, if desired.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN AND CARROTS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large ovenproof frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken skin side down until skin is crisped, about 4 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add carrots to pan and cook, stirring often, until starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Add raisins, almonds, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Set chicken skin side up on top of carrots.
SLOW-COOKER SPICED CHICKEN STEW WITH CARROTS RECIPE ...
- Place carrots in slow cooker. In a bowl, toss together chicken, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add to slow cooker. Cover, and cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours), adding raisins 15 minutes before cooking is done.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In step 1, use a 5-quart Dutch oven or ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid, adding 1 cup water. Cover, and bake until chicken is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Proceed with step 2.
MOROCCAN-STYLE LEMON CHICKEN WITH SPICED CARROTS RECIPE ...
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Slice half of the lemon crosswise as thinly as possible; discard any seeds. Squeeze 1 1/2 teaspoons of juice from the remaining lemon half.
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss the carrots with 3 tablespoons of the oil, the coriander and cumin seeds, the cayenne and lemon juice. Season with salt. Spread the carrots in an even layer and roast for about 7 minutes, stirring after 4, or until just tender.
- Brush the chicken thighs with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and set them on the carrots. Season with salt and pepper and top with the lemon slices. Roast the chicken for about 15 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Toss the carrots with the cilantro, transfer to the platter and serve.
MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKEN STEW – BACK ROAD JOURNAL
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
SPICED MOROCCAN COURGETTE STEW | MOROCCAN RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
Cooking 15 minPrep 15 minCost cheapSkill easy See details »
RECIPE: MOROCCAN-SPICED CHICKEN WITH CARROTS AND OLIVES
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
MOROCCAN-SPICED CHICKEN STEW - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
SPICED BEEF STEW WITH CARROTS AND CHICKPEAS RECIPES
See details »
MOROCCAN SPICED CHICKEN STEW WITH CARROTS RECIPE
See details »
MOROCCAN PUMPKIN AND HARISSA STEW RECIPES
See details »
MOROCCAN-SPICED CHICKEN STEW WITH CHICKPEAS - RECIPES
See details »
MOROCCAN CHICKEN STEW WITH COUSCOUS . DELICIOUS AFRICAN ...
See details »
BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love