LAMB SHANKS WITH CHICKPEAS & MOROCCAN SPICES
- Soak the chickpeas overnight. Drain, tip into a saucepan and cover generously with fresh cold water. Bring to the boil, simmer for 45 minutes and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole and brown the lamb all over. Remove and set aside. Pour off most of the fat, leaving 1 tablespoon in the dish, add the onions and fry for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3/fan oven 140C. Mix together the ginger, garlic, chillies, cumin, coriander, pepper and paprika. Add half of this to the onions, tip in the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes. Put in the lamb and chickpeas, cover generously with water (about 850ml/11⁄2 pints), bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Cover and cook in the oven for 11⁄2-2 hours until the chickpeas are really tender. (You can prepare up to this stage the day before. Cool, cover and refrigerate. Bring back to simmering point before starting step 4.)
- Remove from the oven and stir in the remaining spice mixture, the saffron and cinnamon, carrots, apricots, honey and salt. Cover and return to the oven for 45 minutes-1 hour until the lamb is tender and the vegetables cooked. Scatter the almonds and coriander on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 653 calories, Fat 27 grams fat, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 55 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 11 grams fiber, Protein 50 grams protein, Sodium 0.47 milligram of sodium
MOROCCAN SPICED LAMB CHOPS
- in a small bowl combine spices.
- sprinkle on both sides of lamb chops, save the rest for another dish.
- heat oil in skillet, add lamb and cook 5-10 minutes per side for med rare to medium.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 146.5, Carbohydrate 2.4, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 0.3
ONE-POT MOROCCAN LAMB
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the meat in small batches, and cook over a medium heat until well browned.
- Return all the meat to the pan.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except the almonds) and season with pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer covered for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Garnish with the almonds, and serve with rice.
More about "moroccanlambchopswithcuminpaprikasalt recipes"
MOROCCAN LAMB CHOPS WITH SPICED COUSCOUS - JAMIE GELLER
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 50 secsCategory MainTotal Time 35 mins
GRILLED MOROCCAN MINT LAMB CHOPS RECIPE
4/5 (30)Total Time 30 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 825 per serving
MOROCCAN RECIPES FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS AND ENTERTAINING
HOW TO MAKE MOROCCAN LAMB COUSCOUS AT HOME | …
MOROCCAN LAMB CHOPS WITH CUMIN/PAPRIKA SALT RECIPE - …
5/5 (5)Category Lamb/SheepAuthor LittleturtleCalories 1119 per serving
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, salt, paprika and cayenne. Brush the chops on one side with some of the melted butter and sprinkle the buttered side with some of the spiced salt.
- Grill the spiced sized down until charred, about 4 minutes. Brush the chops with the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining spice salt.
MOROCCAN LAMB CHOPS WITH CUMIN/PAPRIKA SALT RECIPE - FOOD ...
GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH CUMIN-PAPRIKA SALT RECIPE | RECIPE ...
VH SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN RECIPES
MOROCCAN GROUND LAMB RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
PAPRIKA AND LAMB CHOPS RECIPES (34) - SUPERCOOK
MOROCCAN LAMB CHOPS WITH CUMIN PAPRIKA SALT RECIPES
MOROCCAN LAMB STEW WITH PAPRIKA DUMPLINGS RECIPE - THE ...
MOROCCAN LAMB STEW | THE COOKING CAT
MOROCCAN FOOD - 15 TRADITIONAL DISHES TO EAT IN MOROCCO
OSSO BUCCO WITH TOMATO AND CANNELLINI BEANS | RECIPE ...
You'll also love