MUSHROOMS IN CRANBERRY REDUCTION
On Christmas day, I realized I had no wine to make my mushroom sauce for our steak. I invented this on the spot, and everyone loved it. Preparation time includes assembling ingredients. Cooking time is also "active" time because of the need to stir.
Provided by Chef George S.
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a non-stick pan saute the garlic and shallots in the olive oil. Do not brown them.
- When the shallots and garlic are soft (about 3-5 minutes), add the mushrooms. Stir gently until mushrooms soften and give up their liquid.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the juice, vinegar, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to brisk boil and reduce the liquid to about 1/3 cup, stirring to keep ingredients from sticking.
- Either spoon over sliced steak or serve separately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.1, Fat 3.6, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 149.8, Carbohydrate 7.4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 4.7, Protein 2
BRISKET WITH PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS AND DRIED CRANBERRIES
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Whisk wine, broth, cranberry concentrate and flour to blend in medium bowl; pour into 15 x 10 x 2-inch roasting pan. Mix in onion, garlic and rosemary. Sprinkle brisket on all sides with salt and pepper. Place brisket, fat side up, in roasting pan. Spoon some of wine mixture over. Cover pan tightly with heavy-duty foil.
- Bake brisket until very tender, basting with pan juices every hour, about 3 1/2 hours. Transfer brisket to plate; cool 1 hour at room temperature. Thinly slice brisket across grain. Arrange slices in pan with sauce, overlapping slices slightly. (Brisket can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place mushrooms and cranberries in sauce around brisket. Cover pan with foil. Bake until mushrooms are tender and brisket is heated through, about 30 minutes (40 minutes if brisket has been refrigerated).
- Transfer sliced brisket and sauce to platter and serve.
MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY CHICKEN
A standard braised chicken, with a not-so-standard tart fruit sauce whose acidity cuts through the richness of the meat to make a dish that is always a surprising hit. The sauce can also be used with roast chicken or, for that matter, pork or turkey. Any of these can be served with Kasha (page 528) or any other simple grain dish, and a salad or vegetable.
Yield makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan and turn the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries are broken and the mixture is saucy, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a deep skillet or flameproof casserole, preferably nonstick, with a lid. Turn the heat to medium-high and wait a minute or so, until the oil is hot. Add the chicken, skin side down, and brown it well, rotating and turning the pieces as necessary, and sprinkling with salt and pepper as it cooks, 10 to 15 minutes. Finish the browning with the skin side up.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, mushrooms, rosemary, and wine. Turn the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Serve the chicken with the mushrooms and pan juices and top with the cranberry sauce.
MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY RICE
- HEAT oil and butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Cook onions, salt pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder for 3 mins
- Add mushrooms and cook for an additonal 3 min., stirring occasionally. or unitl onions are cooked.
- Add all remaining ingredients Bring to boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer 10 to 12 minute or until liquid is absorbed.
- Enjoy ! (I stir in more craisins to serve for more texture and a different flavor).
WILD MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY BEAN SOUP
- Simmer the dried mushrooms and shallots in two quarts water for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large stock pot and cook the garlic, celery, onion and leeks until soft.
- Strain the mushroom stock into the vegetables. Add the beans, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, Cayenne and freshly ground pepper to taste (about a teaspoon). Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until the beans are cooked, stirring occasionally (they will take 45 to 90 minutes, depending on their age).
- Cut and discard the tough stalks from the broccoli rabe and coarsely chop the leaves and flowers. Add them to the beans with the fresh mushrooms and cook 12 minutes. Season to taste with balsamic vinegar and salt.
- Garnish the soup with chives and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 190, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 384 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
CRANBERRY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
The cranberries add that perfect sweet-tart flavor to this dressing. You can substitute dried cherries or raspberries for the cranberries.
Provided by Lisa Weston
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk vinegar, cranberries, sugar, mustard, salt, garlic, and pepper together in a bowl until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Stream oil into the mixture while whisking continually; continue whisking until the oil emulsifies into the vinegar.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 183 calories, Carbohydrate 3.7 g, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 217.3 mg, Sugar 3 g
More about "mushrooms in cranberry reduction recipes"
CRUSTED CARIBOU TENDERLOIN WITH MUSHROOM AND RED WINE …
CREAMED MUSHROOMS - PREPARE + NOURISH
MUSHROOMS CRANBERRY DRESSING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
CABERNET MUSHROOM REDUCTION : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
MUSHROOM CABERNET SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CRANBERRY STUFFED MUSHROOMS | LIVING LOU
CRANBERRY STUFFED MUSHROOMS - MUSHROOMS CANADA
CRANBERRY STUFFED PORTOBELLA MUSHROOMS - CARRIE’S EXPERIMENTAL …
26 BEST MUSHROOM RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
PAN SEARED STEAK WITH RED WINE CRANBERRY REDUCTION
CRANBERRY REDUCTION RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
MUSHROOMS IN CRANBERRY REDUCTION RECIPE
MUSHROOMS CRANBERRY STUFFING - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
MUSHROOM, ROASTED NUT AND CRANBERRY PIE - ACELINE
25 DRIED CRANBERRY RECIPES YOU'LL CRAVE ALL SEASON | ALLRECIPES
MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY NUT ROAST | RECIPE | STUFFED MUSHROOMS ...
APPLEWOOD AND CHESTNUT MUSHROOM CRISP WITH CRANBERRY …
MUSHROOMS IN CRANBERRY REDUCTION - PLAIN.RECIPES
VENISON WITH A MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY RED WINE REDUCTION
VEGAN MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY WILD RICE PILAF
PASTA WITH HERBS, MUSHROOMS AND CRANBERRIES | PATIENCE FRUIT & CO
10 BEST MUSHROOM DEMI GLACE RECIPES | YUMMLY
MUSHROOM REDUCTION RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
FESTIVE BRIE & CRANBERRY STUFFED MUSHROOMS | JAMIE OLIVER
REDUCTION RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CRANBERRY REDUCTION SAUCE RECIPE
PAN SEARED STEAK WITH RED WINE CRANBERRY REDUCTION | RECIPE
MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY RICE RECIPES
SAUSAGE, MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY TART RECIPE
GARLICKY LAMB CHOPS WITH CRANBERRY BALSAMIC REDUCTION
SAUSAGE, MUSHROOM AND CRANBERRY TART RECIPE RECIPE
MUSHROOM CRANBERRY STUFFING RECIPE
SEARED FOIE GRAS WITH CRANBERRIES RECIPE | D’ARTAGNAN
STUFFED MUSHROOMS WITH SOUR CHERRY CRANBERRY SAUCE - KOSHER …
SAUSAGE-MUSHROOM CRANBERRY TART RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE …
SAUSAGE AND CRANBERRY STUFFED MUSHROOMS WITH SAGE
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #sauces #condiments-etc #vegetables #savory-sauces #mushrooms
You'll also love