SIMPLE ORANGE GLAZE
- Whisk sugar with orange zest and orange juice in a small bowl until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.9 calories, Carbohydrate 15.8 g, Sodium 0.2 mg, Sugar 15.5 g
GLAZED MAPLE SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Whenever I visit friends in Lutsen, Minnesota, I make sure to buy maple syrup there because I think it's even better than in Quebec. These delicious cookies can be decorated with sprinkles but they're just fine as is.-Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and cornstarch until blended. Beat in flavoring. Gradually beat in flour., Shape dough into a disk; cover. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 45 minutes., Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-3/4-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets., Bake until edges are light brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely., In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Spread over cookies. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 188 calories, Fat 10g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 82mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ORANGE-ROSEMARY COOKIES WITH ORANGE GLAZE
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Cream the butter and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla and orange zest and mix to combine. Add the flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until just golden at the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the confectioners' sugar and reserved orange juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheets about 5 minutes, then top each with about a teaspoon of the orange glaze.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Blend together butter, superfine sugar, zest, and salt in a bowl with a fork. Sift flour into butter mixture and blend with fork until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Transfer dough to an ungreased large baking sheet and pat into a 10- by 5-inch rectangle. Prick dough all over with fork and sprinkle with coarse sugar (if using), pressing it gently into dough with your fingertips to adhere. Score dough crosswise with back of a knife into 6 rectangles (do not cut all the way through), then score each rectangle into 2 triangles.
- Bake shortbread in middle of oven until edges are golden but center is pale, 12 to 17 minutes. Cool on baking sheet on a rack 10 minutes, then cut into 12 triangles along scored lines while still warm. Transfer triangles with a long spatula to a rack to cool completely.
More about "orange glazed shortbread recipes"
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - MY BAKING ADDICTION
4.4/5 (136)Category CookiesServings 3Total Time 1 hr 38 mins
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar and orange zest. Use a fork to work the zest into the sugar until the sugar becomes moist and fragrant.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, gently add dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until ingredients are well combined and a stiff dough is formed.
ORANGE GLAZED SHORTBREAD RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Christmas Cookies, CookiesCalories 377 per serving
- In a medium bowl whisk together until smooth the icing sugar, juice and milk or cream. Add more or less cream depending on desired thickness.
CHRISTMAS COOKIES - ORANGE-GLAZED SHORTBREADS
2.7/5 (34)Category RecipesServings 34Total Time 20 mins
ORANGE PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES - PIES AND TACOS
TRIPLE BERRY ORANGE GLAZED SHORTBREAD | TASTY KITCHEN: …
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES – MELT IN YOUR MOUTH – …
GLAZED ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER …
SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
CRANBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - MOM ON …
GLAZED SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - SUGAR SPICES LIFE
ORANGE WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES | THE NOVICE CHEF
ORANGE COOKIES WITH SWEET ORANGE GLAZE - BROWN …
EARL GREY SHORTBREAD WITH BLOOD ORANGE GLAZE - LOVE AND …
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES • LONGBOURN FARM
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
ORANGE GLAZED SHORTBREAD | DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS RECIPES, COOKIE …
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES + EARL GREY GLAZE - WHISKED AWAY KITCHEN
GLAZED CRANBERRY PECAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - CUISINART
SPICED HONEY CARDAMOM COOKIES WITH ORANGE GLAZE
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIE RECIPE – NORTHRICHLANDHILLSDENTISTRY
BLOOD ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - TARA'S MULTICULTURAL TABLE
ROACH’S 40 ORANGE GLAZE CAKE – THE RECIPE TRANSCRIBED
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE | RECIPE | ORANGE DESSERT, …
PECAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH ORANGE GLAZE - PHENOMENAL
27 EASY ORANGE DESSERTS - THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
ORANGE GLAZED SHORTBREAD | WINE COOKIES, BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIES ...
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
FESTIVE CRANBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH SPARKLING …
CHOCOLATE ORANGE WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BAKE. EAT. REPEAT.
BLOOD ORANGE CORNMEAL SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE FLOURED TABLE
JACKSON HOLE BED AND BREAKFAST RECIPE BOOK- ORANGE GLAZED …
PEANUT BUTTER SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH RASPBERRY-ORANGE GLAZE
ORANGE SCENTED SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH ROSE WATER GLAZE
CARDAMOM SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE
GLAZED CAMPARI SHORTBREAD COOKIES | BAKING THE GOODS
GLAZED CITRUS SHORTBREAD – FLOURIST
RASPBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD BARS | RASPBERRY DESSERT BARS RECIPE
ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH BLOOD ORANGE GLAZE
GINGER, ORANGE AND PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD - CTV
CRANBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD BARS WITH ORANGE GLAZE
BLOOD ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES (GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN).
CRANBERRY ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
LEMON SHORTBREAD COOKIES WITH GLAZE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ORANGE SHORTBREAD COOKIES - BAKECELLENCE
Maple Shortbread Cookies with Creamsicle Glaze738 views-00:16
Shortbread with candied orange and almonds90 views-03:00
Double-Orange Glazed Cookies320 views-01:36
Citrus Glazed Orange Cookies | March Cookie of the Month14K views-05:18
Day 1: Chef Rock's Glazed Lemon Shortbread Biscuits100 views-05:44
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make orange shortbread cookies?Thee easy orange shortbread cookies are made with flour, brown sugar, orange peel, and butter. If you want to add a little excitement to the cookies, drizzle them with chocolate glaze. Ingredients. Steps to Make It. Gather the ingredients. Mix flour, salt, sugar, and orange peel. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
How do you make glazed shortbread cookies?These Glazed Shortbread Cookies are as pretty as they are delicious! Use electric mixer to beat butter and sugar until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in vanilla extract until incorporated.
What are the ingredients in Orange shortbread?This recipe uses basic ingredients such as butter, flour, sugar, and egg alongside vanilla extract and citrus zest, so this shortbread couldn’t be easier to make. It takes the traditional biscuit to the next level by infusing a light orange flavor into the buttery goodness.
How do you make orange glaze for cookies?To make the sweet orange glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, and enough orange juice to achieve the desired consistency (less juice for a thicker glaze, more for a thinner one). Spread glaze over top of the cooled cookies, and allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.