ONION ORANGE SALAD
People always enjoy the bold flavors in this delightful salad. It's both delicious and beautiful. -Zita Wilensky, North Miami Beach, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients. On a serving platter or individual plates, arrange greens, oranges and onion. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162 calories, Fat 13g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 216mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD
- Place sugar, salt, tarragon, pepper, tabasco, mustard in blender.
- Slowly add vinegar and blend well.
- Add egg yolk, and with blender running, slowly add oil.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Let dressing sit in a jar for 1 hour before using, to blend flavours.
- Shake well before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 467.6, Fat 42.6, SaturatedFat 5.8, Cholesterol 41.5, Sodium 897.3, Carbohydrate 21.1, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 14.6, Protein 3.4
BLOOD ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD
- Over a small bowl, supreme the blood oranges: Start by removing the top and bottom of the oranges, then place one of the flat ends of the orange on your cutting board and cut the skin off the outside while preserving the round shape. Be sure to remove all of the white pith. Pick the orange up and cut each section out of the orange in between the membranes. You will have lovely tender sections of the orange without any of the white membranes. You will be left with a "skeleton" of the orange. Squeeze the remaining juice out of the skeleton into the bowl. Repeat with the grapefruit and halve the segments.
- Toss the onions and chile into the bowl with the fruit and juice and season with a pinch of salt and the olive oil. Let sit for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in the mint right before serving.
ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD
Provided by Jamie Oliver
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Remove the skin and pith from 4 of the oranges, slice across thinly and remove the pips. Arrange on a serving plate then sprinkle over the onion and parsley. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dress the salad with a couple of squeezes of the remaining orange, then stick a small sharp knife into the cheese and twist to make little chunks. Scatter these over the top of the salad and serve straight away.
SPICY ORANGE SALAD WITH GREEN ONIONS
- Using small sharp knife, cut off peel, and white pith from oranges. Cut oranges into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl. Add green onions, parsley, and crushed red pepper; toss to combine. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and serve.
SICILIAN FENNEL AND ORANGE SALAD WITH RED ONION AND MINT
- Cut peel and pith from oranges. Cut between membranes to release segments.
- Toss orange segments, fennel, onion, mint, and oil in large bowl to coat. Season salad generously to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer salad to platter. Garnish with olives and serve immediately.
EASY ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD
Here's an unusual salad that's easy to prepare when holiday obligations have you short on time. The combination of red onions and oranges may seem unusual, but it's surprisingly delightful. -Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For dressing, whisk together the first 8 ingredients. Place oranges and onion in a large bowl; toss gently with dressing. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, Fat 9g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 148mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ORANGE ONION SALAD
- Wash and dry leaves; tear into bite-size pieces and arrange on each of 4 plates.
- Arrange orange slices on leaves and slip onion rings in between orange slices.
- Whisk vinegar and oil together and pour over salads.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 216, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 38 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 16 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 52 milligrams, Sugar 19 grams
ORANGE, ONION AND ROSEMARY SALAD
- Peel the oranges, and section them as you would a grapefruit, or slice them thinly. Peel the onion, and slice thinly. Toss both with the rosemary, a small amount of salt and pepper, and the olive oil.
- Serve immediately, garnished with rosemary sprigs if you have them, or refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 137, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 20 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 384 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams
ORANGE, RED ONION, AND BLACK OLIVE SALAD
I love the combination of flavors of the beautiful simple salad. This is a recipe from Mary Englbreit's Home Companion magazine about 5 years ago. It is a great compliment to roasted fowl or pork. Everything can be prepared before hand and put together up to 2 hours before serving and refrigerated. I took this to a work Thanksgiving potluck once and it got a great response. I lost the recipe shortly afterwards only to find it recently. I will be making it again.
Provided by SueChef
Yield 10-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and orange zest in a small bowl until well combined. Add olives set aside for at least one hour.
- To take some of the bite out of the onions drop the slices in boiling water for about 4 minutes. Drain and refresh in ice water, and drain well again. OR my best result is to prepare the dressing, add olives and onions and marinate for at least four hours or overnight.
- Layer oranges and onions on a serving plate. Drizzle layers with olives and dressing. Top with a little sprinkle of salt, a few grindings of fresh pepper, and the rosemary.
- Preparation time does not include marinating time.
ORANGE ROMAINE SALAD
- In a small container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, salt, pepper and green onion. Close the lid, and shake vigorously to blend.
- Place the romaine lettuce into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with dressing and toss to coat. Add orange slices and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216.8 calories, Carbohydrate 8.7 g, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 149.7 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
More about "orange onion salad recipes"
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 115 per serving
RED ONION AND ORANGE SALAD - SPAIN RECIPES
RECIPE: GREEN SALAD WITH ORANGE, AVOCADO, AND RED ONION ...
BLOOD ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
ORANGE, ESCAROLE AND RED ONION SALAD - LIDIA
BEAT THE HEAT WITH ORANGE-ONION SALAD - MOTHER WOULD KNOW
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD WITH CUMIN - RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
FENNEL & ORANGE SALAD WITH RED ONION & OLIVES - RECIPE ...
TURKISH ORANGE AND ONION SALAD - ANALIDA'S ETHNIC SPOON
ORANGE SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
DINNER TONIGHT: ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD RECIPE
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD - LIDIA
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
RECIPE FROM THE SPLENDID TABLE FOR ORANGE ONION SALAD WITH ...
BEET, ORANGE & RED ONION SALADS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ETHNé DE VIENNE’S ORANGE AND ONION SALAD | RICARDO
ORANGE ONION SALAD RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORANGE, MINT AND ONION SALAD - NATIONAL ONION ASSOCIATION
NAVEL ORANGE SALAD WITH AVOCADO - SKINNYTASTE
RED ONION ORANGE SALAD | AN EASY NO-COOK SALAD THAT'S TO ...
ORANGE AND ARUGULA SALAD WITH RED ONION AND GORGONZOLA ...
ORANGE POMEGRANATE SALAD - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
ROMAINE, RED ONION & ORANGE SALAD RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ORANGE, ONION, AND OLIVE SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CLASSIC ORANGE-ONION SALAD | MIDWEST LIVING
BLOOD ORANGE SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
BLOOD ORANGE AND RED ONION SALAD RECIPE - MIKE PRICE ...
EASY MEDITERRANEAN ORANGE AND POMEGRANATE SALAD RECIPE
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE WITH SHALLOTS, BELL PEPPERS ...
ORANGE ORZO SALAD RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
ORANGE AND ONION SALAD RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make orange salad dressing with oranges?Remove the white pith from the oranges and cut the fruit crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange on a serving platter and scatter over the sliced red onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spoon this dressing over the onion and oranges.
How do you serve Orange and red onion salad?Arrange the oranges on a platter and scatter the red onion on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with Maldon salt and white pepper. Garnish with the basil and serve.
How do you cook with oranges and onions?Thinly slice the oranges crosswise, removing any pits. Arrange the oranges on a platter and scatter the red onion on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with Maldon salt and white pepper. Garnish with the basil and serve.
What do you put on a salad plate with onions?Arrange on a serving platter and scatter over the sliced red onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spoon this dressing over the onion and oranges. Sprinkle with the raisins, olives, sunflower seeds, and almonds. Garnish with mint springs and serve chilled.