PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CORN
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the shrimp and corn with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the corn and shrimp on the grill. Grill the shrimp until cooked through and evenly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill the corn until charred, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and cool. Cut the shrimp in half lengthwise, head to tail. Cut the corn kernels off the cobb.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add a pasta insert. Pour in the pasta, stir, and boil until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pasta insert with the pasta; keep the water boiling.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 3 tablespoons oil, garlic and serrano pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the grilled corn and shrimp. Dip the pasta insert back in the water briefly, then lift the insert out, shake off excess water and add the pasta to the skillet. Turn off the heat and add the butter, Basil Pesto and some Parmesan. Toss to coat. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with more Parmesan sprinkled over the top. Garnish with basil leaves.
- Pulse the garlic, lemon zest, pistachios, 1/4 cup oil, salt and pepper in a food processor until coarse. Add the basil and another 1/4 cup oil and pulse a few times to combine. Blend the mixture while streaming in the remaining oil. Once combined, add the Parmesan and puree until. Reserve for pasta.
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP, PANCETTA AND FRESNO CHILES
Provided by Geoffrey Zakarian
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When the water is thoroughly boiling, add the pasta and cook according to the package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet or shallow Dutch oven over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the pancetta to render the fat and crisp it, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from the skillet. Raise the heat to medium and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir quickly and often so the garlic does not burn, 2 minutes at the most. Stir in the shrimp and continue to cook until just barely pink, another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the Fresno chiles, half of the lemon zest and the pancetta. The shrimp should be slightly undercooked.
- Drain the pasta directly into the skillet and stir everything together, letting the shrimp finish cooking and the pasta absorb some of the sauce. Add the remaining zest, 1 tablespoon butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Remove from heat and add the cheese and basil. Do not stir. Serve immediately, family-style.
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP AND BASIL PESTO
Fresh basil pesto, mixed with pasta of your choice. I used orecchiette pasta, fresh gulf shrimp, and threw in some Champagne tomatoes at the end.
Provided by Chef Approved Productions
Categories Shrimp Pasta
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Toss shrimp with lemon juice and 2 teaspoons olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orecchiette and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 12 to 13 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, pulse basil, pine nuts, and garlic in a blender. Add Romano cheese; pulse until combined. Drizzle in olive oil slowly and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and mix with pesto; add tomatoes.
- Cook shrimp in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 3 minutes. Add to pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 593.6 calories, Carbohydrate 85.9 g, Cholesterol 94 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 27.8 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 230.7 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
TASTY SHRIMP WITH ORECCHIETTE PASTA
My family loves this dish and the presentation is beautiful, but it isn't hard to prepare. I recommend using Orecchiette pasta as it is the perfect shape/size/flavor to compliment the shrimp and soak up the sauces. This recipe was adapted from a dish prepared at the HEB (Texas grocery store). They have a chef that prepares simple fresh food using expensive pre-prepared sauces. So, instead of paying $9.00 for a small jar of garlic-olive oil dipping sauce, I figured out how to make my own and I like it even better as I thought their version was too oily and not flavorful enough. It also tastes good reheated the next day for lunch (and you can really impress your coworkers as it looks/smells/tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant). I like to serve this dish with steamed broccoli and baby carrots for a very colorful plate.
Provided by Lowfat Linda
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine first four ingredients in a small dish and set to the side.
- Start water boiling for pasta.
- Put pasta on to cook, according to package directions.
- Heat the Tomato and basil sauce.
- Rinse shrimp.
- Saute shrimp over medium-high heat in the 1 T of olive oil until it turns pink (2-4 minutes).
- Add oil and vinegar mixure and stir while cooking for one minute.
- Turn off heat.
- Drain pasta.
- Add Tomato & basil sauce to pasta and stir to coat.
- Add pasta to shrimp and stir to combine sauces.
- Add tomatoes to dish.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468, Fat 18.5, SaturatedFat 3.2, Cholesterol 176.1, Sodium 230.6, Carbohydrate 42, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 1, Protein 31.7
ORECCHIETTE WITH BASIL AND PISTACHIO PESTO AND GREEN AND YELLOW BEANS
The small ear-shaped pasta provides hollows for the delicious sauce to settle into. I've combined pasta, pesto and green beans before, but I've never used orecchiette, the small ear-shaped pasta. I cut the beans into small lengths so that everything is bite-size. I love the way the pesto settles into the little hollows of the orecchiette.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Begin heating a large pot of water for the pasta. Meanwhile grind the basil leaves and pistachios in a food processor fitted with the steel blade, or in a mortar and pestle. Add salt to taste and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Blend or grind until smooth.
- Mash the garlic in a mortar and pestle or through a garlic press and add to the basil mixture. Blend together. Add the cheese and blend together. Taste, adjust salt and add pepper. Transfer to a large pasta bowl.
- When the water comes to a boil, salt generously and add the orecchiette. Set the timer for 10 minutes, and after 5 minutes add the green beans. Boil the orecchiette and beans until the pasta is cooked al dente, another 5 to 6 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup of the cooking water from the pot and add 2 to 4 tablespoons to the pesto. Stir with a fork or a whisk until the pesto is smooth (add more water if desired). Drain the pasta and beans, toss with the pesto and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 495, UnsaturatedFat 13 grams, Carbohydrate 68 grams, Fat 18 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 17 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 448 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
ORECCHIETTE WITH PISTACHIO PESTO
Flavorful pesto is made with Sicily's pistachio nuts. Frank Castronovo & Frank Falcinelli (the Chef) says, "Sicilian pistachios are incredibly sweet & fruity, not like the cheap ones we eat in front of the TV here in the USA." This recipe appeared in F&W Magazine, the September, 2007, edition. Serve with a white wine blend to create a citrusy flavor.
Provided by Manami
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the pistachios until coarsely chopped.
- Add the oil, mint and garlic and pulse just to combine.
- Transfer to a pasta bowl, stir in the cheese and scallions; season with salt & pepper & crushed red pepper, if using.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the cooking water and the pesto and cook over low heat, tossing, until coated, 1 minute.
- Transfer the pasta to the bowl and serve, passing extra cheese on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 628.5, Fat 33.9, SaturatedFat 4.5, Sodium 6, Carbohydrate 66.7, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 4, Protein 16.9
ORECCHIETTE WITH SWEET SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE PESTO
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a pot and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add broccoli rabe and cook about 5 minutes, until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl of ice water. Drain and squeeze dry. Turn on a food processor and drop garlic in through the feed tube. Stop machine, scrape down sides and add broccoli rabe. Pulse until finely chopped. Stop machine. Add 6 tablespoons oil. Pulse until pesto comes together but is not creamy or thoroughly emulsified. Transfer to a bowl and fold in ¼ cup cheese.
- Heat remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a large sauté pan on low. Add fennel and onion, and cook until soft but not brown. Add sausage and cook, mashing it to a fine crumble, until it is no longer pink. Add chicken stock and cook until the stock has mostly evaporated and just glazes the sausage. Transfer sausage mixture to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Return sausage to the pan. Fold in broccoli rabe pesto. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orecchiette and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Reheat sausage mixture and add about ½ cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta and add to pan with the sausage mixture. Toss ingredients together until pasta is evenly coated. Fold in remaining ½ cup cheese, check seasoning and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 731, UnsaturatedFat 24 grams, Carbohydrate 72 grams, Fat 35 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 8 grams, Sodium 828 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
More about "orecchiette with shrimp and basil pesto recipes"
RECIPE: ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP - RECIPELINK.COM
PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CORN | RECIPE | FOOD …
SPICY SHRIMP ORECCHIETTE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP AND BASIL PESTO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ORECCHIETTE WITH PISTACHIO PESTO RECIPE - FRANK FALCINELLI, FRANK ...
ORECCHIETTE WITH ARUGULA AND BASIL PESTO - LE COUP DE GRâCE
LINDASRECIPES.COM - LINDA'S RECIPE COLLECTION
DINNER TONIGHT: ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP, PEPPERONCINI, AND BASIL
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP, PEPPERONCINI, AND BASIL - COOK'S …
BEST PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CORN RECIPES | THE ...
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP AND BASIL PESTO - SHRIMP
CREAMY LEMON CORN ORECCHIETTE WITH BASIL PESTO - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
ORECCHIETTE WITH SPICY SHRIMP SAUCE - ALL OUR WAY
SPINACH-PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP & MUSHROOMS | RECIPES
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP AND PEAS - EASY MEALS WITH VIDEO RECIPES …
EASY SHRIMP & BASIL PESTO PASTA RECIPE - BE GREEDY EATS
PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CORN | RECIPE | GRILLED ...
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP AND BASIL PESTO | RECIPE | BASIL PESTO …
ORECCHIETTE WITH PESTO, PEAS AND PANCETTA - CHARLOTTE PUCKETTE
5 NEW WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES READY IN UNDER 40 MINUTES
BEST ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP, PANCETTA AND FRESNO CHILES RECIPES …
SPRING ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP & PEAS - THE INSPIRED HOME
RACHEL RODDY’S RECIPES FOR EASY SUMMER PASTA
ORECCHIETTE PASTA WITH PESTO - HIP FOODIE MOM
ORECCHIETTE & PEAS, SHRIMP, & BUTTERMILK-HERB DRESSING RECIPE
ORECCHIETTE WITH BABY SHRIMP AND PROSECCO SAUCE - LINDA\'S …
PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CORN - BIGOVEN.COM
ORECCHIETTE & TOMATOES, FRESH MOZZARELLA, & BASIL RECIPE
SHRIMP AND BASIL PESTO PASTA - THERESCIPES.INFO
ORECCHIETTE WITH PESTO AND OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES
PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CORN RECIPE | GEOFFREY ...
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP, ARUGULA AND CHERRY TOMATOES
THE BEST CREAMY ORECCHIETTE WITH CREAMY PESTO. - % OTHERS
ORECCHIETTE WITH PESTO - #FOODBYJONISTER
PESTO ORECCHIETTE WITH GRILLED SHRIMP AND CORN – RECIPES NETWORK
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP, PEPPERONCINI, AND BASIL | BRIAN PYLANT
SAUSAGE AND PESTO ORECCHIETTE - CANADIAN LIVING
BARILLA® COLLEZIONE ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP & CREAMY PROSECCO …
ORECCHIETTE WITH SPRING HERB PESTO & SAUSAGE - TWO RED BOWLS
ORECCHIETTE WITH SHRIMP AND BASIL PESTO | RECIPESTY
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp for pasta?Add basil leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper to a blender. Pulse and stir down. Drizzle in tiny amounts of water and continue to pulse and stir down, then blend to desired consistency. Melt butter in the empty pasta pot. Saute shrimp over medium heat until bright pink and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
How do you cook angel hair pasta with pesto?I like to serve the pesto on the side because it is very potent and this way each person can control the potency. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
What goes well with Orecchiette pasta?Because it's a shorter, thicker cut of pasta, orecchiette pairs extraordinarily well with richer ingredients, like sausage, and hearty cruciferous vegetables, specifically kale, broccoli, and broccoli rabe. Get out of your mealtime rut with these simple, yet satisfying orecchiette recipes.
How do you make pesto in a food processor?Pulse the garlic, lemon zest, pistachios, 1/4 cup oil, salt and pepper in a food processor until coarse. Add the basil and another 1/4 cup oil and pulse a few times to combine. Blend the mixture while streaming in the remaining oil. Once combined, add the Parmesan and puree until.