PARSNIPS & HAM AU GRATIN
Parsnips, thyme and roasted-garlic soup give this entree a harvesttime feel, while the bread crumbs on top make it rustic and special. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Arrange the parsnips, potatoes and ham in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soup, milk, 1/4 cup cheese, thyme and pepper; pour over parsnip mixture., In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter and remaining cheese. Sprinkle over top. , Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 1082mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
CREAMY PARSNIP & MUSTARD GRATIN
This luxuriously creamy bake is the perfect partner to Sarah's veggie pie
Provided by Sarah Cook
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice enough parsnips thinly lengthways to cover the surface of a small ovenproof dish, then slice the rest thinly into rounds. Combine the milk, cream, stock, mustard and half the cheese in a large, lidded saucepan and bring to the boil. Add a good grating of nutmeg and some seasoning - the sweet parsnips can take a bit of salt - then tip in the parsnips. When the cream is simmering again, cover and cook for 6 mins.
- Using tongs, fish out the long slices of parsnip and set aside. Tip the rest into your dish, then arrange the long slices over the top. Scatter with the rest of the cheese and another grating of nutmeg. Can be chilled for up to 24 hrs.
- To serve, heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and bake for 1 hr, then turn up to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and brown for 15 mins more - you can do this while the pie is resting.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497 calories, Fat 36 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 18 grams sugar, Protein 14 grams protein, Sodium 0.75 milligram of sodium
HAM AND POTATOES AU GRATIN
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion in a greased 1 qt casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a med saucepan over med heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Pour over potatoe mixture and stir gently to mix.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
PARSNIP POTATO GRATIN
Parsnips don't get much space in the produce section. But their subtle sweetness makes them worth the hunt.-Kerry Dingwall, Ponte Vedra, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Layer the potatoes, onions, parsnips and 3/4 cup cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the flour, salt, pepper; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheese., Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Fat 23g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 268mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
Each recipe below is based on a given root, but feel free to mess around. Bake beets instead of celeriac; make creamy potato soup, braise carrots, braise parsnips and so on.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories side dish
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 375.
- Put 2 or 3 cups of cream in a pot and heat until it's hot.
- Peel and slice 1 pound each of parsnips and potatoes, and grate 1 to 1 .5 cups Gruyere
- Layer the parsnips, potatoes and cheese in an ovenproof dish, sprinkling every other layer with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pour in enough hot cream to come about 3/4 of the way up the vegetable layers.
- Cook in the oven, undisturbed, until the vegetables are tender and easily pierced with a fork, 45 to 50 minutes. The top should be nicely brown.
- Let stand for a few minutes, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 190, UnsaturatedFat 3 grams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fat 9 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 8 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 357 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
PARSNIP AND HAZELNUT GRATIN WITH BACON
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Sauté bacon in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to large bowl. Stir in parsnips and 1/4 cup hazelnuts. Arrange mixture in even layer in 2-quart baking dish. Combine whipping cream, broth, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Pour over parsnip mixture in dish.
- Bake gratin 30 minutes. Press down on parsnips with spatula to moisten evenly. Continue baking until parsnips are tender and liquid bubbles thickly, about 35 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts and sage.
CARROT AND PARSNIP PARMESAN AU GRATIN
You can make this ahead, cover and refrigerate fo several hours before baking. Choose small to medium-size parsnips, they are sweeter and nuttier! This makes a perfect side to a turkey or pork roast dinner!
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Grate the peeled carrots and parsnips on a large-sided grater (or use a food processor).
- Measure out 3 cups each of grated carrots and parsnips, then place in a large bowl.
- Measure 2 tablespoons flour with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese in a small bowl, then add to the grated veggies in the bowl; toss to combine, then set aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat; add in 1/4 cup flour and cook stirring/whisking for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in the full-fat milk, stirring/whisking continuously until the mixture starts to bubble; remove from heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together whipping cream, eggs, seasoned salt, black pepper, nutmeg and cayenne (if using) gradually stir this mixture into the hot milk mixture; whisk until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the grated veggies; mix well with a wooden spoon to combine, then transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup (or more) Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398, Fat 24.5, SaturatedFat 14.4, Cholesterol 132.3, Sodium 448.5, Carbohydrate 32.1, Fiber 6, Sugar 11.6, Protein 14
More about "parsnips ham au gratin recipes"
DAVID VENABLE’S PARSNIPS AU GRATIN | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
PARSNIP POTATO GRATIN - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
CREAMY PALEO PARSNIP GRATIN
PARSNIP GRATIN WITH GRUYERE AND THYME - FEASTING AT HOME
PARSNIP GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 245 per serving
- Place parsnip in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer over medium heat 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place the parsnip in a bowl, and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add flour, stirring to coat onions. Gradually add 1/2 cup milk, stirring constantly with a whisk until blended. Add the remaining milk; cook over medium heat until thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add milk mixture and sage to mashed parsnip, and stir to combine. Place the parsnip mixture in a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Combine breadcrumbs and butter, and sprinkle evenly over parsnip mixture. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
SPICED PARSNIP & HAM SOUP RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PARSNIP GRATIN - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
PARSNIPS & HAM AU GRATIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
CARROT-AND-PARSNIP AU GRATIN - CHATELAINE
PARSNIP AU GRATIN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
KETO TURNIP GRATIN (JUST LIKE POTATOES!) | KETO IN PEARLS
PARSNIP, POTATO AND LEEK GRATIN - BY HEIN VAN TONDER, FOOD …
HAM AND TURNIP GRATIN - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
PARSNIP GRATIN | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
PARSNIP ASPARAGUS AU GRATIN RECIPE
HAM CORN AU GRATIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - FOOD NEWS
POTATO & PARSNIP GRATIN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
HAM AU GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TURNIPS AU GRATIN - THAT LOW CARB LIFE
CRANBERRY PARSNIP GRATIN RECIPE - THE FRIZZLED LEEK
PARSNIPS & HAM AU GRATIN
PARSNIP GRATIN | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
TASTE OF HOME (RECIPE) - PARSNIP & HAM AU GRATIN
AU GRATIN AND HAM RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PARSNIPS TURNIPS AU GRATIN RECIPES
PARSNIP-ASPARAGUS AU GRATIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
PARSNIP, HAM AND GRUYèRE GRATIN RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
TURNIP GRATIN - THE PIONEER WOMAN
POTATO AND PARSNIP GRATIN RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
BEST COOKING BUTTER RECIPES: CARROT AND PARSNIP PARMESAN AU GRATIN
PARSNIPS AU GRATIN RECIPE FROM ROVING CHEF, COOKERY CLASSES IN …
CARROT AND PARSNIP AU GRATIN - TODAY
PARSNIP AU GRATIN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
PIN ON RECIPES TO COOK
PARSNIP GRATIN - THE ROASTED ROOT
TASTE OF-HOME-PARSNIP-HAM-AU-GRATIN-REVISED NæRINGSFAKTA, …
PARSNIPS & TURNIPS AU GRATIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can this parsnip gratin be made ahead of time?Leftover parsnip, potato, and leek gratin can be stored it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Can this parsnip gratin be made ahead of time? This is a wonderful make-ahead dish, making it the perfect side to any weeknight meal or holiday celebration. To make ahead, prepare assemble casserole per recipe card up to step 4.
How do you cook with parsnips?Add a good grating of nutmeg and some seasoning – the sweet parsnips can take a bit of salt – then tip in the parsnips. When the cream is simmering again, cover and cook for 6 mins. Using tongs, fish out the long slices of parsnip and set aside. Tip the rest into your dish, then arrange the long slices over the top.
How to cook potatoes and parsnips with cheese sauce?Slice potatoes and parsnips into 1/8-inch slices using a mandolin or sharp knife. Spread 3 tablespoons of the cheese sauce into the bottom of the prepared dish. Layer in one third of potatoes, parsnips and leeks. Pour about one third of cheese sauce over the vegetables.
What is parsnip potato and Leek gratin made of?Parsnip, Potato, and Leek Gratin is made with thinly sliced thin-skinned potatoes, sweet parsnips, mild-flavored leeks and are layered in a decadently luscious lightened-up cheese sauce that is baked until golden brown. This is the perfect side dish to complement any weeknight meal or special holiday occasion!