PECAN BISCUITS WITH ORANGE-HONEY GLAZE
- Make glaze:
- Mix in orange juice and honey in heavy small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Make biscuits:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 425°F. Combine flour, baking powder, orange peel, baking soda, salt and ginger in large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Whisk yogurt and 3 tablespoons honey in small bowl to blend. Add yogurt mixture to dry ingredients; stir with fork until mist dough forms. Turn out dough onto floured surface and knead gently just until smooth, about 10 turns (do not overmix).
- Roll out dough to 10-inch-diameter round (about 3 /4 inch thick). Using 2 1/2-inch-diameter biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out biscuits. Gather scraps; roll out to 3/4-inch thickness and cut out additional biscuits. Transfer biscuits to large ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits twice with glaze; sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Bake until puffed and golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Serve warm. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 350°F oven just until heated through, about 5 minutes.)
CRAZY YUMMY CRANBERRY PECAN COOKIES WITH ORANGE GLAZE
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, white and brown sugars, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy and well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and then gradually beat in the flour just until the mixture makes a soft dough. Stir in the pecans, rolled oats, and cranberries, and drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are set and the edges are slightly brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 1 minute on baking sheets before removing to wire racks to finish cooling. Glaze cookies while still a little warm.
- Place the confectioners' sugar and orange juice in a microwave-safe bowl, and stir to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the orange zest and butter, and microwave on medium power until the butter melts and the mixture is warm, about 30 seconds. Stir the warm glaze until smooth, and drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 131.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Cholesterol 18.6 mg, Fat 6.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 1.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 107.8 mg, Sugar 12.1 g
ORANGE GLAZED PECANS
- Beat egg white until foamy.
- Add salt, cinnamon and orange juice.
- Fold in sugar and mix well.
- Add pecans.
- Bake on a well greased cookie sheet at 250 F degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Turn pecans every 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together honey and pecans, tossing to coat well. Spread pecans in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in middle of oven 15 minutes, then stir and bake 5 minutes more.
- Transfer while still warm to a sheet of parchment paper or foil and, working quickly, separate pecans with a fork. Cool completely (about 1 hour) and remove nuts from parchment, breaking up any large pieces.
I regularly cook up these candied pecans for Christmas gift-giving and family munching. The citrusy-sweet flavor is different and delicious.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and orange juice concentrate. Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and orange zest. , Beat until mixture thickens and loses its gloss, about 2 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178 calories, Fat 10g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 0 sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ORANGE PECAN CREAM CHEESE PULL-APART DANISH LOAF
This is one of my most treasured recipes. Flaky refrig biscuits are filled with cream cheese, dredged in butter, rolled sugar, pecans, orange zest. Baked in a bundt pan, the loaf is inverted and drizzled with a glaze. Pull off a danish and slip into bliss.
Provided by nott2339
Yield 1 10 inch coffee cake, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine sugar, pecans, orange zest.
- Separate each biscuit, (there shoud be 20 biscuts - so you will have 40 layers).
- Cut cream cheese into 20 pieces.
- Place one piece of cream cheese on each of 20 biscuit halves.
- Top with remaining biscuits halves and pinch the edges to seal them.
- Dip filled biscuits in melted butter.
- Dredge in the sugar mixture. I do have to make extra mixture sometimes.
- Stand each biscuit on it's edge in a lightly greased 12-cup bundt pan, spacing evenly, but together.
- Drizzle with remaining butter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately invert onto a wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice, and drizzle over the danish.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 420.7, Fat 19.6, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 33.8, Sodium 511.9, Carbohydrate 58.2, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 27.2, Protein 5.1
More about "pecan biscuits with orange honey glaze recipes"
ORANGE PECAN GLAZE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPE: HONEY PECAN CINNAMON BISCUITS STEP BY STEP WITH ...
SIMPLE HONEY-GLAZED PECANS - HEALTHY LIV
HONEY GLAZED PECAN RECIPE DEAL
ORANGE GLAZED PECAN RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CRAZY YUMMY CRANBERRY PECAN COOKIES WITH ORANGE GLAZE ...
SALMON WITH PECAN HONEY GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ASTRAY RECIPES: PECAN BISCUITS WITH HONEY-ORANGE GLAZE
ORANGE-GLAZED PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PECAN BISCUITS WITH HONEY-ORANGE GLAZE - RECIPEJUNGLE
PECAN BISCUITS WITH HONEY-ORANGE GLAZE – FREE RECIPES
PECAN BISCUITS WITH ORANGE HONEY GLAZE RECIPE
PECAN BISCUITS WITH HONEY-ORANGE GLAZE - BIGOVEN
SPICY HONEY-GLAZED PECANS - TASTE OF THE SOUTH MAGAZINE
ORANGE, BOURBON AND PECAN GLAZED HAM RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PECAN BISCUITS WITH HONEY ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
SALMON WITH PECAN HONEY GLAZE PHOTOS RECIPE
PECAN BISCUITS WITH HONEY-ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE
HONEY PECAN BISCUITS | COOKIES BISCUITS
ORANGE AND PECAN BISCUIT RECIPE IDEAS - HEALTHY & EASY ...
PECAN BISCUITS WITH HONEY ORANGE GLAZE RECIPE - DETAILED ...
HONEY GLAZED CINNAMON PECANS - END OF THE FORK
GLAZED PECANS: OVEN ROASTED & CANDIED | KITCHEN CENTS
ORANGE PECANS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
10 BEST HONEY GLAZED PECANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ORANGE-CARAMEL PECAN BISCUITS RECIPE
TRIPLE-ORANGE PECAN BISCOTTI - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
ORANGE PECAN BISCUITS – PALATABLE PASTIME PALATABLE PASTIME
HONEY ORANGE PECAN MINI ROLLS - THE LITTLE EPICUREAN
PEACH BISCUITS WITH A HONEY BASIL GLAZE - ALMOST LIKE MOM'S
RECIPE: ORANGE-HONEY COFFEE CAKE (PILLSBURY REFRIGERATED ...
ORANGE PECAN STICKY BUNS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
ORANGE-GLAZED CRANBERRY PECAN BREAD — COOKING GOD'S WAY
ORANGE GLAZED PECANS - FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
You'll also love