PENNE WITH BROCCOLI
A bowl of pasta topped with sweet red onion, crunchy broccoli, and creamy ricotta cheese is perfect after a long day at work.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Pasta and Grains
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add penne, and cook 2 minutes less than package instructions for al dente; add broccoli. Cook 2 minutes or until penne is al dente and broccoli is bright green. Reserving 1/2 cup pasta water, drain pasta and broccoli; set aside.
- In the same pan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add pasta water as needed to help loosen any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add penne and broccoli, and cook until warmed through; season with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta mixture to a serving dish. Top with ricotta; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 242 g, Fat 10 g, Fiber 3 g
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE
Hot Italian sausage with broccoli rabe sauteed and served over penne. You'll love this dish so much and so will your family. Every time I make it I have to double the recipe.
Provided by shannon
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink, reserving 1/2 cup of the water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the sausage pieces, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the hot pan until the sausage is no longer pink on the outside, about 4 minutes. Stir in the broccoli rabe and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Pour in the reserved 1/2 cup of pasta boiling water. Cover, and cook until the sausage is no longer pink in the center and the broccoli rabe is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir the cooked pasta, broccoli rabe, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese together until evenly mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 497.8 calories, Carbohydrate 61.7 g, Cholesterol 34.1 mg, Fat 17.7 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 24.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 733.5 mg, Sugar 4 g
BAKED PENNE WITH SQUASH AND GOAT CHEESE
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the topping: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the panko, olive oil and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the pasta: Heat a large ovenproof braiser over medium heat. Melt the butter in the braiser and add the shallots, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until the shallots begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the flour and stir to cook out some of the raw flour taste, about 2 minutes. Slowly begin to add the milk, adding a small amount at a time and whisking after each addition, until smooth. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the goat cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and the squash. Season with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season well with salt. Cook the pasta for about 6 minutes (it should still be very firm). Using a pasta spider, remove the pasta directly to the sauce but do not yet stir it in. Sprinkle the plain pasta with the Parmesan and stir to combine. Add the broccoli rabe to the pasta water and cook for 30 seconds. Use the pasta spider to drain well, then add to the pasta. Stir to evenly distribute. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and the panko mixture. Bake until bubbly all over, 20 to 25 minutes. Switch to the broiler and broil for 5 minutes to brown the top, if desired.
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, WALNUTS, AND PECORINO
Provided by Diane Rossen Worthington
Categories Cheese Pasta Vegetarian High Fiber Walnut Summer Broccoli Rabe Bon Appétit
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté until golden and soft, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and sauté, tossing with tongs, until slightly softened and bright green, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth, crme frache, and lemon peel, then 1/3 cup cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot. Stir in broccoli rabe mixture and walnuts, adding 1/2 cup cooking liquid to moisten and adding more by tablespoonfuls if needed. Divide pasta among bowls. Serve, passing remaining cheese separately.
- *An Italian leafy green vegetable with scattered clusters of tiny, broccoli-like florets; available at some supermarkets and at specialty foods stores.
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE
Provided by Moira Hodgson
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook penne in abundant boiling, salted water. While it is cooking, prepare broccoli rape.
- Cut off thick stems from the broccoli rape and discard them. Cut remaining stalks and leaves into one-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute the garlic until golden. Add broccoli rape with capers and saute until leaves are wilted and stalks are tender (about five minutes). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the penne is al dente, drain and place in a heated serving bowl. Add broccoli rape and extra-virgin olive oil. Toss and serve, passing the Parmesan cheese separately.
ACE'S SAUSAGE, MOZZARELLA, BROCCOLINI AND PENNE PASTA
A different take on penne with broccoli rabe and sausage. I came up with this for my wife, who doesn't like the bitterness of broccoli rabe.
Provided by Adam from CT
Yield 4 pasta dishes, 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Turn oven to 400 degrees and boil enough water to cook pasta.
- In large skillet over medium heat sweat the onions till translucent (appx 8 mins)-lower heat if browning -- just trying to sweat not brown.
- Add sausage & cook for 4-5 mins over med high heat breaking into smaller pieces.
- Add garlic and cook for another 4-5 mins until sausage is browned.
- After sausage is browned add flour and stir into mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tom and turn heat to med-high cooking until the tomatoes break down, approx 7-8 minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooking add pasta to boiling water and cook to half the package suggestion.
- Remove pasta and add broccolini t boiling water, cook for 20 seconds and remove from water.
- Pour the water out of the pot and add the broccolini and pasta.
- Cover the pasta with the sausage tomato mixture, stiring until mixed well.
- Spray cassarole/baking dish with non stick spray and transfer the pasta mixture to dish.
- Slice mozzarella inton 1/4 inch slices and place on top of pasta then spread grated parmesan all over.
- Cover with foil and baked for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bank for 5 more mins till cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1009, Fat 50.5, SaturatedFat 19.4, Cholesterol 114.8, Sodium 1362, Carbohydrate 104.4, Fiber 15.1, Sugar 6.2, Protein 37.7
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, TOMATOES, AND PARMESAN
Provided by Michael Shrader
Categories Pasta Tomato Sauté Quick & Easy Parmesan Basil Broccoli Rabe Bon Appétit
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain; return to same pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add broccoli rabe, anchovies, and crushed pepper; sauté until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup basil.
- Add vegetable mixture and lemon juice to pasta; toss to coat.Transfer pasta to large bowl. Add remaining 3/4 cup basil and 3/4 cup cheese; toss to blend. Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper. Serve, passing remaining cheese.
More about "penne with broccoli rabe recipes"
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Broccoli Rabe RecipesCalories 296 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
- Wash broccoli rabe, if using; remove and discard woody stems. Coarsely chop leafy greens; set aside.
- In a large saucepan cook pasta in a large amount of boiling water for 8 minutes. Add broccoli rabe or broccoli florets. Cook about 3 minutes more or just until pasta is tender; drain well. Return mixture to hot saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook onion, bacon and garlic over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Add tomatoes, wine and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE - THE AMATEUR GOURMET
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND RICOTTA RECIPE
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI & PARMESAN - A SOUTHERN SOUL
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND TOASTED BREADCRUMBS
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE - MANGIA MICHELLE
RECIPE CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE PENNE
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE, GARLIC, AND BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE
CHICKEN BREAST AND BROCCOLI RABE WITH PENNE RECIPE
SPICY PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, SAUSAGE AND CHICK …
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, WALNUTS, AND PECORINO RECIPE | BON …
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PENNE WITH RAPINI & ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE, GARLIC, AND BROCCOLI RABE - MEDITERRANEAN …
ITALIAN RECIPE: PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE BY SHANNON …
BROCCOLI RABE WITH PENNE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE | RECIPESTY
BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE PASTA - PINCH AND SWIRL
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, PROSCIUTTO, AND GARLIC
BROCCOLI RABE WITH PENNE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND PANCETTA - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
ONE PAN BROCCOLI RABE WITH SAUSAGE PENNE - THE BROOKLYN COOK
17 EASY BROCCOLI RABE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE - INSANELY GOOD
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE, TOMATOES, AND PARMESAN
INSTANT POT PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE - FORK TO SPOON
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI, GARLIC, AND OIL - LIDIA
12 BROCCOLI RABE PASTA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PENNE WITH CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI RABE RECIPE | SELF
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE - PLAIN.RECIPES
ONE-POT PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE | HEALTHY RECIPES
BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND RICOTTA - PEOPLEONE HEALTH
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND PANCETTA - FRONTPAGE
PENNE WITH SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA …
CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND BROCCOLI RABE PENNE RECIPES AND FOOD TIPS
PENNE WITH BROCCOLI RABE AND SAUSAGE | CHEAPCOOKING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love