PENNE WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES AND PROSCIUTTO
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- For the vegetables: Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Arrange the zucchini, summer squash, cauliflower, carrots and garlic in a single layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and bake until light golden and tender, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- For the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
- To assemble: Place the vegetables in the bowl. Add the pasta on top. Add the Parmesan on top so it sticks to the pasta and helps everything else stick. Toss the vegetables and pasta. Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta and toss. Add the prosciutto on top and do not toss until the pasta is cool.
PENNE WITH PARMESAN CREAM AND PROSCIUTTO
Categories Milk/Cream Pasta Side Broil Kid-Friendly Quick & Easy Lunch Parmesan Fall Prosciutto Gourmet Sugar Conscious Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Small Plates
Yield Makes 6 (main course) or 8 (side dish) servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring cream, 1 1/2 cups cheese, 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt just to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water, until al dente, then drain in a colander. Return pasta to pot, then stir in parmesan cream and prosciutto, tossing to coat. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart shallow flameproof gratin or baking dish (about 11 by 8 by 2 inches; not glass) and bake 15 minutes.
- Stir pasta well to coat evenly with sauce, then sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Turn on broiler and broil pasta 4 to 5 inches from heat until top is lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
PENNE WITH COLLARDS AND PROSCIUTTO
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, easy, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the prosciutto and onion and cook over medium heat until they barely begin to brown. Stir in the garlic, cook a couple of minutes longer, then add the collards.
- Cook, stirring, about seven minutes, until the collards have wilted. Stir in the vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the penne, stir once or twice and cook until al dente, for about eight minutes. Remove half a cup of water from the pot; set aside. Drain the penne well.
- Reheat collard mixture, add penne to the skillet and stir. Moisten with reserved cooking water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with the cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 428, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 63 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 20 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 476 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
PENNE WITH ASPARGUS-PROSCIUTTO SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 servings (or 4 very hungry p
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Set a large pot of cold water to boil. Once it reaches a rolling boil, add a pinch of salt and let return to a full boil.
- After washing the asparagus and cutting away any woody ends, boil them in the water just until you can penetrate the thick end of 1 of the stalks by stabbing it with a fork. Lift out the asparagus but continue to let the water boil. Cut off the tips of the asparagus and reserve. Chop the asparagus stalks into 1-inch pieces and then puree either in a manual food mill or in a blender or food processor. The result should be a thick cream.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the prosciutto bits, sauteing just until they give off a little fragrance. Then stir in the asparagus puree and, moments later, the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Cook gently, taking care that the sauce does not boil.
- At this point, toss the penne into the pot of boiling water. Cook for 8 minutes or according to package instructions. Once penne is cooked, drain water and place penne in a warm bowl.
- While the penne is cooking, add the asparagus tips and some of the cream to the sauce. You do not want to make the sauce too liquid, so only add as much cream as will give the sauce a velvety texture.
- Once the penne is cooked, spoon the sauce on and toss. Serve on individual plates with a pinch more Parmigiano-Reggiano on top an
PENNE WITH BASIL AND PROSCIUTTO
Provided by Elise Mitzel-Ulanoff
Categories Pasta Dinner Basil Summer Prosciutto Gourmet Los Angeles California Sugar Conscious Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Fill a 4-quart kettle three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for penne. Cut prosciutto into thin strips and tear basil into pieces. Stir penne into boiling water and boil until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander and in a large bowl toss hot pasta with oil, prosciutto, basil, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and salt and pepper to taste.
PENNE WITH TOMATO PROSCIUTTO SAUCE
A lovely savory pasta dish with ham. Use as a first course or main dish. Make the sauce in the morning to allow it to sit for 8 hours. It truly does need to blend the flavors. Prep time does not include 8 hours sitting time.
Provided by MarraMamba
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in a wide heavy medium pot over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then sauté onion until golden, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 1 minute. Add prosciutto and sauté until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with reserved juice, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool, uncovered, then chill, covered, at least 8 hours (to allow flavors to develop).
- Cook penne in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (3 tablespoons salt for 6 quarts water) until al dente. Drain well.
- While pasta cooks, reheat sauce over medium heat.
- Toss pasta with some of sauce in a serving bowl and serve remaining sauce on the side.
- Cooks' note: Sauce can be chilled up to 3 days.
RED SWISS CHARD WITH PINE NUTS AND PROSCIUTTO
Wilted Swiss chard packed with Italian flavor!
Provided by andiwaits
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Greens
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the pine nuts in the hot oil until they turn a light golden brown, about 2 minutes; watch carefully, they burn easily. Stir in the garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the Swiss chard; cook and stir until the chard has wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Lightly stir in the chopped prosciutto; cook and stir just until prosciutto is hot, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.8 calories, Carbohydrate 4.4 g, Cholesterol 24.9 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 702.7 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
PENNE WITH COLLARDS,SAUSAGE, AND MUSHROOMS
Adapted from Southern Living. The type of sausage you need is the kind that comes in a long link that you can slice into thin rounds. You may use any flavor of smoked sausage you like - you may even use a chicken or turkey sausage if you prefer.
Provided by HeatherFeather
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and plan to have it cooked& ready to go by the end of the cooking process.
- Brown sausage slices in a large deep pot until browned on each side; remove sausage slices from the pan and drain off any fat.
- Add oil to the same pot, heat over medium briefly, then add garlic and mushrooms, stirring constantly until mushrooms are tender (be careful not to burn the garlic)- this will take only a few minutes.
- Return the sausage slices to the pan along with collards, Italian seasoning, and tomatoes with their juices.
- Cook, stirring as needed, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled over each serving to taste.
PASTA WITH PROSCIUTTO AND WHOLE GARLIC
This pasta dish, known as maccheroni alla San Giovanniello in Italy, is amazing in the summer months, when there are good fresh tomatoes around. But you can make it any time of year with canned tomatoes. You could also make it with much less prosciutto, really just enough to season the oil - a quarter cup or so. No matter how much you use, start with a hunk of prosciutto so you can dice chunks; you don't want little thin slices. If you've got great basil, you can even skip the cheese. If you use fresh tomatoes, you can blanch and peel the tomatoes if you don't like the skins, but it's not really necessary.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, lunch, quick, pastas, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Combine the oil, garlic, and ham in a medium to large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until the garlic becomes deep golden, nearly brown, all over, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Core and chop the plum tomatoes (or crush the canned tomatoes) and add them, along with salt and pepper, to the skillet. Stir and simmer while you salt the boiling water and cook the pasta.
- Drain the pasta when it is tender but firm, reserving a little of the cooking water and adding it to the sauce if it appears dry (quite likely if you used fresh tomatoes). Toss the pasta with the sauce and most of the basil, along with the cheese. Mince the remaining basil, garnish the pasta with it, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 785, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 95 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 32 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 1156 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams
PROSCIUTTO PASTA TOSS
I love quick, simple dishes, and this pasta with prosciutto and peas is one of my favorites. I prepare a tossed green salad while the pasta cooks and serve up a lovely light supper in minutes! -Laura Murphy-Ogden, Charlotte, North Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil until garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Stir in prosciutto., Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461 calories, Fat 16g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 802mg sodium, Carbohydrate 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
PASTA WITH CAULIFLOWER AND COLLARDS
Cauliflower and collards are good sources of vitamin C. For extra fiber, use whole-wheat pasta. Top the finished dish with a little Parmesan or pecorino cheese -- and perhaps a handful of toasted almonds or walnuts.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Pasta and Grains
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat oil over medium. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add collards and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and crisp-tender, 8 minutes. Add cauliflower, lemon zest, and pasta. Cook until cauliflower and pasta are hot, stirring and adding enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats pasta, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with oil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 456 g, Fat 8 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 15 g
PENNE WITH PANCETTA AND MUSHROOMS
I threw this dish of penne pasta, pancetta bacon, and mushrooms together one afternoon for lunch.
Provided by jojobeanzsis
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, cook pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat until browned but not crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Pour pancetta grease out of the skillet, and add butter. Increase heat to medium-high and stir in sliced mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms have softened and released their liquid. Add the minced garlic, and cook 2 more minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, then stir in cream and Italian seasoning. Simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- To serve, toss the cooked penne with the sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 537.2 calories, Carbohydrate 66.2 g, Cholesterol 68.2 mg, Fat 23.4 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 18.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 299.3 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
More about "penne with collards and prosciutto recipes"
PENNE WITH PROSCIUTTO AND PARMESAN CREAM RECIPE
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main Course, PastaCalories 715 per serving
- In a medium heavy saucepan, put heavy cream, 1½ cups grated parmesan and ¾ teaspoon salt and ¾ teaspoon fresh, cracked pepper. Stir over moderate heat to just a boil and then remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente and drain. Return pasta to pot and stir in parmesan cream and prosciutto. Transfer to a 2-quart shallow baking dish, not glass.
- Bake 15 minutes. Stir pasta to coat evenly and sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of parmesan on top.
PENNE WITH LOBSTER AND PROSCUITTO RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
PENNE WITH TOMATO-SAGE SAUCE AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
PENNE WITH RICOTTA, PROSCIUTTO, SAUSAGE AND PEAS | RECIPE
COLLARD GREENS WITH PANCETTA - EMILE HENRY USA
PENNE ALLA VODKA (BEST VODKA SAUCE!) - COOKING CLASSY
PENNE ALLA GIGI (MUSHROOM, PANCETTA, PROSCUITTO & ROSé SAUCE)
PENNE WITH PROSCIUTTO PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE - THE …
PASTA PROSCIUTTO E PISELLI (CREAMY PASTA WITH PROSCIUTTO COTTO AND …
PENNE ALLA VODKA - A FAMILY FEAST®
PENNE ALLA VODKA WITH PROSCIUTTO - SEA SALT SAVORINGS
PENNE WITH KALE & PROSCIUTTO RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
FIG AND PROSCIUTTO PENNE | ITALY MAGAZINE
PALERMO PROSCIUTTO & CHICKEN PENNE RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
PENNE WITH CRISP PROSCIUTTO, ZUCCHINI AND CORN - FINECOOKING
PENNE WITH SWEET PEAS AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PROSCIUTTO PENNE WITH SPINACH RECIPE | REAL SIMPLE
CREAMY BAKED PASTA WITH GRUYèRE AND PROSCIUTTO RECIPE - FOOD
PENNE PROSCIUTTO PASTA WITH CREAMY MOZZARELLA - SIMPLE AND …
ANTIPASTO-STYLE PENNE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PENNE WITH PROSCIUTTO, TOMATOES AND ZUCCHINI - JO COOKS
PENNE A LA VODKA WITH CRISPY PROSCIUTTO - FOOD REPUBLIC
PROSCIUTTO PASTA WITH PEAS AND PARMESAN CHEESE - JULIA'S ALBUM
PENNE WITH ASPARAGUS AND PROSCIUTTO - COOKSTR.COM
25 EASY PROSCIUTTO RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
PENNE PASTA WITH PEAS AND PROSCIUTTO - YOUTUBE
PENNE FILETTO DI POMODORO - THE ITALIAN CHEF - ITALIAN RECIPES
CREAMY PROSCIUTTO AND PORCINI PENNE - RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SOUTHERN LIVING QUICK COLLARDS WITH PROSCIUTTO RECIPE
PENNE WITH CREAMY GORGONZOLA SAUCE - INSIDE THE RUSTIC KITCHEN
PENNE WITH PROSCIUTTO, PEAS AND LEEKS IN CREAM SAUCE | RECIPE
PENNE WITH PROSCIUTTO, PEAS AND LEEKS IN CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
PROSCIUTTO PASTA CARBONARA - PROSCIUTTO DI PARMA
PASTA WITH PEAS AND PROSCIUTTO - CULINARY HILL
30 WAYS TO USE PROSCIUTTO - TASTE OF HOME
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love