PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS
A pesto filling is rolled inside boneless chicken breasts. After coating with bread crumbs, the chicken is cut into spirals, skewered and broiled.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat broiler. Mix parsley, 4 Tbsp. (1/4 cup) of the mustard, the cheese, garlic, basil and 1/4 cup of the egg product in small bowl until well blended. Stir in 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs; mix well. Spread evenly onto chicken breasts; roll up each breast starting from one of the short ends.
- Blend remaining egg product and remaining 2 Tbsp. mustard. Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture, then in remaining 1 cup bread crumbs, turning to evenly coat all sides. Cut each roll-up crosswise into 4 equal pieces, then thread onto skewer. (Each skewer will hold 4 spirals.)
- Broil, 6 inches from heat, 10 to 15 min. or until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally and brushing with the melted margarine. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 380, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 34 g
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS
Adapted from Cooking Light a few years ago. Can be frozen ahead. Serve as appetizers or as an entree. As an entree, it makes 6 servings.
Provided by echo echo
Categories Chicken Thigh & Leg
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Flatten chicken thighs.
- MAKE PESTO: Microwave oil and garlic together on HIGH 40 seconds; process with basil through pepper in a food processor.
- Spread about 1 tsp pesto down center of each thigh, leaving a ¼-inch border on short ends.
- Starting at a short end, roll each thigh up with pesto inside and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange rolls ½ inch apart, seam sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° until a cooking thermometer registers 170° (about 30 minutes), turning rolls after 15 minutes.
- IMPORTANT: Cool, transfer to a covered container and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove toothpicks and cut each roll crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 201, Fat 7.7, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 116, Sodium 541.7, Carbohydrate 3.1, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 0.2, Protein 29
SPINACH-PESTO SPIRAL CHICKEN
The homemade pesto sets this main dish apart from the rest. Elegant enough for a special dinner but simple enough to a quiet evening at home, you can make this anytime. -Amy Blom, Marietta, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness., In a food processor, combine spinach, basil, garlic, oil, cheese, walnuts and broth. Cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread over chicken. Starting at a short side, roll up and secure with toothpicks. , Place in two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes, seam side down. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 calories, Fat 14g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 103mg cholesterol, Sodium 233mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
A simple way to prepare chicken that looks like you spent a lot of time preparing. It can also be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until baked. Be sure to use a good quality pesto for best results. I like to serve it with pasta, but it is also nice sliced and served on a green salad.
Provided by Pjaros
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pesto per chicken breast over the top of each breast, and wrap each breast in prosciutto slices to cover the entire breast. Place the wrapped chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink, the juices run clear, and the prosciutto is lightly crisped, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 83.4 mg, Fat 19.3 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 31.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.5 g, Sodium 433.6 mg
PESTO CHICKEN TURNOVERS
When it comes to food, I'm all about anything in a pocket-pita bread, bierocks, empanadas and more. These Italian-inspired turnovers are great for dinner and even better the next day. For smaller ones, use a single crescent roll with a level tablespoon of filling. -Greg Munoz, Sacramento, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough and cut each into 4 rectangles., In a large bowl, combine spinach, chicken, cheese and pesto; spoon 3/4 cup in the center of 4 of the rectangles. Top with remaining rectangles; pinch seams to seal. Place on greased baking sheets; cut 3 slits in top of each turnover. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Freeze option: Freeze cooled turnovers in an airtight freezer container. To use, reheat turnovers on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579 calories, Fat 26g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 54mg cholesterol, Sodium 1275mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 33g protein.
CREAMY CHICKEN SPIRALS
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large pan over medium/high heat.
- Add chicken and cook stirring until golden brown, about 3- 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add garlic and tomatoes and cook further 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl combine sour cream and stock, mix well.
- Add to frying pan with basil and black pepper to taste, reducing heat to low and simmer, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to pan with chicken mixture, olives (if using) and parmesan cheese.
- Toss over low heat until heated through.
More about "pesto chicken spirals recipes"
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (2)Calories 276 per servingServings 6
- To prepare pesto, combine oil and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 40 seconds. Combine garlic mixture, 1 1/2 cups basil, parsley, cheese, chicken broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- To prepare chicken, spread 1 teaspoon pesto down center of each thigh, leaving a 1/4-inch border on short ends. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting with a short end; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle rolls evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; arrange rolls 1/2 inch apart, seam sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° 30 minutes or until a thermometer registers 170°, turning rolls after 15 minutes. Cool and transfer to a serving container using a slotted spoon. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove toothpicks; cut each roll crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread pesto on chicken, top with cheese and roll into a spiral, securing with toothpicks.
- In skillet, heat 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium; cook chicken until evenly browned, about 6 minutes.
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS - JUST BARE CHICKEN
ONE POT CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS WITH PEPPERS AND WATERCRESS | SMART TIPS
RECIPE OF SPIRALS WITH PESTO - PASTA - NOODLES
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA - JULIA'S ALBUM
10 BEST SPINACH PESTO PASTA CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS | WHAT2COOK | RECIPES, PESTO …
PESTO CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS - JUST BARE FOODS
PESTO CHICKEN PASTA - NADIA LIM
ONE POT CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN PASTA - BAKE PLAY SMILE
HOMEMADE CHICKEN PESTO PASTA RECIPE (VIDEO) - A SPICY …
20-MINUTE PESTO CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
SPIRAL ZUCCHINI WITH PESTO RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH PESTO & CHICKEN RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS RECIPE
CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN BREAST RECIPES - THE SIMPLE HOUSEWIFE
PESTO PINWHEELS | EASY PUFF PASTRY APPETIZER
CHICKEN AND PESTO ZUCCHINI FETTUCCINE WITH TOMATOES
ONE PAN PESTO CHICKEN RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
ASTRAY RECIPES: PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS
CRISPY CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH PESTO SPIRALS - KUALI
BASIL PESTO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI - CAFE DELITES
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS RECIPE - PINTEREST
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH PARMESAN PESTO | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
ONE PAN CHICKEN PESTO PASTA BAKE - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
CHICKEN BASIL PESTO PASTA - PERFECT EASY DINNER - SUGAR SALT MAGIC
EASY PESTO CHICKEN - 4 INGREDIENTS | COOKIES AND CUPS
10 BEST PESTO CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS | POULTRY RECIPES, YUMMY CHICKEN RECIPES, …
10 MINUTE CREAMY PESTO CHICKEN PASTA RECIPES - THE SIMPLE …
ONE PAN PESTO CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
PESTO CHICKEN SPIRALS
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH PESTO & CHICKEN - FOOD RECIPES
PESTO CHICKEN (USE FRESH OR FROZEN CHICKEN!) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #main-dish #poultry #oven #easy #chicken #food-processor-blender #meat #chicken-thighs-legs #brunch #equipment #small-appliance
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook chicken strips in pesto sauce?Spray the casserole dish with non-stick spray, then spread 1/4 cup basil pesto over the bottom of the dish. Lay the chicken strips over the pesto and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Spread another 1/4 cup of basil pesto over the chicken strips.
How to cook chicken parmesan with pesto?Add chicken in one layer; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons of the pesto. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
How long do you cook chicken breast in oven with pesto?TIP: If you prefer your chicken to be browned, you can pan sear chicken breast first in an oven safe skillet for 3-4 minutes per side (until browned but not fully cooked through). Then, add the pesto and other toppings, and transfer to the oven for 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted.
How do you make zucchini pesto?Place the zucchini in a colander and toss with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let drain for 15 to 30 minutes, then gently squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Meanwhile, place basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a mini food processor. Process until almost smooth.