POOR MAN'S DINNER
Don't let the name fool you-this dish guarantees "million-dollar taste" with just a few ingredients!-Mila Abner, Vada, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Season with pepper and garlic powder. Layer the beef, potatoes and onion slices in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Combine soup and milk; pour over all. , Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 39mg cholesterol, Sodium 410mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
POOR MAN'S HAMBURGER STEAKS
An old fashioned hamburger steak recipe topped with cream of mushroom. Serve with some warm mashed potatoes and your favorite green vegetable. Our family loves this. Makes a great cheap meal!
Provided by RHONDA35
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, crackers, milk, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Form 6 or 8 large beef patties, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish, or other shallow casserole dish. Pour the condensed soup evenly over the top of the patties, and sprinkle canned mushrooms over the top. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until beef patties are well done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 693.3 calories, Carbohydrate 23.3 g, Cholesterol 142.5 mg, Fat 46.6 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 43.2 g, SaturatedFat 16.7 g, Sodium 1618.4 mg, Sugar 5 g
POOR MAN'S SOUP
- Boil the beef broth.
- Add cayenne pepper, garlic powder, small onion, and tomato sauce.
- Add 1 lb hamburger broken up.
- Let hamburger cook through.
- Add mixed vegetables and egg noodles.
- Cook on medium until egg noodles are done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 454.4, Fat 16.1, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 105, Sodium 1397.2, Carbohydrate 44.1, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 5.9, Protein 34.9
POOR MAN'S STROGANOFF
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Season beef with Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add to ground beef.
- Stir sour cream into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until hot, about 5 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 810.4 calories, Carbohydrate 68.8 g, Cholesterol 192.1 mg, Fat 43.1 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 38.2 g, SaturatedFat 21.6 g, Sodium 268.1 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
POOR MAN'S SOUP (VEGETARIAN)
A recipe my grandma used to make and growing up would call it poor man's soup. A few easy, good and basic soup/stew recipe.
Provided by keenj64-life
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook slowly (low heat) the following: onion, celery, garlic and carrots for a few minutes before adding potatoes.
- Add potatoes and a couple handfuls of rice.
- Add several tablespoons McKay's Chicken Seasoning to taste.
- salt to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211, Fat 0.4, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 31.8, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 4.3, Sugar 2.9, Protein 4.9
POOR MAN'S SOUP
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Brown meat on stove top and drain grease. Combine all ingredients, heat over low for about an hour. Add salt and pepper to taste and walla- dinner's served! Enjoy this low-cost meal, which makes enough to serve a family of four for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day.
- This can also be prepared for the crockpot. Simply brown the beef or turkey and combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Fresh ingredients can also be used if you have them, and are so delish!
More about "poor mans soup recipes"
POOR MAN'S SOUP - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
3.6/5 (10)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 123 per serving
POOR MAN'S SOUP | FAVEHEALTHYRECIPES.COM
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
POOR MAN'S SOUP - A BUDGET FRIENDLY DINNER! | ALL SHE COOKS
Ratings 43Calories 482 per servingCategory Soups
10 BEST POOR MAN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST POOR MAN'S SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY CHILI …
POOR MAN'S SOUP (OLD FASHIONED BEEF & MACARONI …
50 BEST POOR MAN'S RECIPES - PRUDENT PENNY PINCHER
POORMAN'S MEAL (DEPRESSION ERA RECIPE) - BUSY MOM …
GREAT DEPRESSION COOKING - THE POORMAN'S MEAL
POOR MAN'S LENTIL SOUP — MAPLE ALPS
RECIPES | THE POOR MAN'S KITCHEN
STOVE TOP POOR MAN'S STEW - THESE OLD COOKBOOKS
POOR MAN'S MACARONI SOUP RECIPE - DIY JOY
POOR MAN POTATO SOUP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
POOR MAN'S HAMBURGER SOUP | RECIPELION.COM
POOR MAN'S SOUP - YOUR RECIPE BLOG
POOR MAN’S BEEF AND MACARONI SOUP RECIPE - DIY JOY
POOR MAN’S STEW (HAMBURGER STEW) – SLOW COOKER OR INSTANT POT
POOR MAN’S SOUP : RECIPES - REDDIT
POOR MAN'S SOUP!! - HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS SOUP ON A BUDGET!
SLOW COOKER POOR MAN'S STEW - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
POOR MAN'S SOUP RECIPE | COOKOOREE
POOR MAN’S CROCK POT BEEFY RAMEN NOODLE SOUP
POOR MAN'S SOUP - CLOVERLEAF FARM
POOR MAN’S SOUP - A BUDGET-FRIENDLY RECIPE THAT TASTES LIKE A …
HAMBURGER SOUP | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
POOR MAN’S SOUP IS A BUDGET-FRIENDLY RECIPE THAT TASTES LIKE A …
POOR MAN'S STEW - HEALTHY AND HEARTY GROUND BEEF STEW!
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - LIVE SIMPLY
POOR MAN'S SOUP - YUM GOGGLE
POOR MAN'S SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
POOR MANS SOUP - BIGOVEN.COM
AMISH POOR MAN'S STEAK RECIPE - AMISH HERITAGE
POOR MAN'S EGG AND SPAGHETTI SOUP - REAL LIFE DINNER
POOR MAN S SOUP RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
POOR MANS SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is poor man’s Soup?Poor Man’s Soup is a budget-friendly recipe that tastes like a million bucks! Root vegetables are simmered in a vegetable broth with simple seasonings; a humble soup best served with bread for a wholesome, easy dinner. Over medium heat, in a heavy-bottomed pot, add the onion and olive oil.
What is poor man's stew made of?Poor Man's Stew is an old-fashioned recipe that was found on many Midwestern tables. It's a hearty combination ground beef, potatoes, carrots and red kidney beans in a base of tomato juice. While it may seem simple, don't discount its delicious flavor.
Are there any inexpensive poor man’s recipes?These inexpensive poor man’s recipes are perfect when you are broke but want a flavorful meal. From poor man’s steak to poor man’s cake, there are plenty of cheap meals on a budget to choose from. There are recipes for cheap dinners as well as cheap desserts. Amish Country Poor Man’s Hamburger Steaks from Sweet Little Bird
What is poorman’s meal?Poorman’s Meal is a delicious recipe shared by Ms. Clara, who lived through the Great Depression. Please click HERE for the video of Ms. Clara making the Poorman’s Meal.