QUICK SHORT RIB STEW
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1/2 cup of flour in a heavy plastic bag or large bowl; add the ribs and toss until completely coated. Pour the oil into the preheated pan, heat until shimmering. Shake any excess flour off of the ribs, then add them to the hot oil. Brown well on all sides without burning, about 10 minutes.
- While the ribs are browning, stir together the hot water and bouillon cubes in a pressure cooker until dissolved. Using tongs, remove the ribs from the skillet, and place into the pressure cooker. Seal according to manufacturer's directions and cook for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, release pressure, and open cooker according to manufacturer's directions. Pour in the canned tomatoes, garlic, onion, and carrots. Simmer, uncovered until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the diced potatoes in enough water to cover until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the meat to a serving platter. Stir together 3 tablespoons of flour with 1 cup of water. Stir into the vegetables, and cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, and add to the stew along with the can of peas. Heat until warmed through, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 987.6 calories, Carbohydrate 70 g, Cholesterol 124.4 mg, Fat 61 g, Fiber 9.4 g, Protein 37.9 g, SaturatedFat 24.1 g, Sodium 938.2 mg, Sugar 11.7 g
More about "quick short rib stew recipes"
EASY INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS RECIPE (5 INGREDIENTS ...
5/5 (54)Calories 226 per servingCategory Main Course
- Remove the short ribs, leaving the liquid behind, and cover the short ribs with foil to keep warm. Set the Instant Pot to the Saute function.
BEEF SHORT RIB STEW WITH HORSERADISH | YEPRECIPES.COM
5/5 (8)Servings 4Cuisine American/GlobalCategory Soups-Stews
- In a dutch oven melt the butter with the oil over high heat. In batches brown the meat well on both sides, about 8 minutes, and remove.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onions, carrots, celery, shallots and sugar. Cook about 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Return the beef to the pot and sprinkle with the flour. Stir to coat the beef and veggies and cook about 2 minutes.
10 BEST BEEF SHORT RIB STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRILLED GREEN CHILE PORK AND SHORT RIB STEW RECIPE BY ...
4.5/5 (2)Category Soups/StewsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 6 hrs 30 mins
- Meanwhile, heat gas grill to medium-hot or prepare a charcoal grill and let coals burn until they are covered with gray ash.
SHORT RIB LAGER STEW BY THEDALEYPLATE | QUICK & EASY ...
4.5/5 (22)Servings 4
- Toss beef, flour, salt and pepper in a stainless bowl. Add oil to cast iron pot over medium-high heat. Sear beef until golden, 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove beef and set aside. Add onions, celery, pepper and garlic to the same pot. Scrape any crunchy bits off bottom of pot. Cook for 5 minutes until translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add beef back to pot. Add stock, lager, herbs and bay leaf. Cover and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours until the sauce has thickened and beef is tender. Add carrot and mushrooms. Cook for 10-15 minutes more over medium heat. Season and serve baby! (Even better the next day after another slow simmer!)
SMOKED BEEF SHORT RIB STEW - VINDULGE
5/5 (1)Category EntreeCuisine American, Barbecue, Bbq, StewCalories 646 per serving
- Preheat a large ovenproof pot (like a cast iron Dutch oven) to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil then the bacon. Cook until bacon is crispy (8-10 min) then remove bacon and discard most of the bacon drippings.
JAPANESE SHORT RIB STEW RECIPE BY MAYA NOGUCHI
3.4/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 1 minServings 6Calories 394 per serving
- Heat a deep sauté pan (at least 2 ½ inches tall) over medium heat, then add the sesame oil. Sauté the short ribs until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes. Using the same pan, sauté the onion, carrot, daikon, and drained potatoes. When the vegetables become slightly brown, add the short ribs back to the pan. Add the dashi soup, sugar, and cooking wine and bring to a boil, about 3 minutes.
- Drain off the excess cooking liquid, then add the soy sauce. Season with additional sugar and soy sauce, to taste. Place a lid on the top of the pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes over medium heat without stirring. Serve the stew in a bowl and garnish with the scallions.
GALBIJJIM (BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIBS) - KOREAN BAPSANG
4.3/5 (195)Servings 4Cuisine Asian, KoreanCategory Main Course
- Trim off any excess fat. Rinse the ribs and let them sit in cold water for about 30 minutes to draw out excess blood. Drain.
- In a large pot, bring 5 cups of water to a boil over high heat along with the onion, ginger, garlic and scallion white parts. Add the short ribs, and bring it to a boil, uncovered, skimming off the foam. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove the ribs to a plate, reserving the stock.
- Strain the stock, and skim off the fat. (Refrigerating the stock will help the fat solidify for easier removal. If you have room in the freezer, the process will go faster.)
- Mix together all the braising liquid ingredients, except the sesame oil. Return the ribs to the pot. Pour the braising liquid over the meat and stir. (You can prepare the ribs up to this point the day before, and finish braising when you need to serve.)
SHORT RIB STEW RECIPE - ETHAN STOWELL | FOOD & WINE
5/5 Category BeefServings 8Total Time 3 hrs 30 mins
- In a large bowl, toss the short ribs with the flour. In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, heat the oil. Working in batches, cook the short ribs over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 6 minutes per batch. Discard the oil.
- Return the meat and any juices to the casserole. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, 8 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until the meat is tender, 2 hours.
- Skim any fat from the stew. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onion, mushrooms, thyme and sage. Cover and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
SHORT RIBS RECIPE - THE QUICK & EASY WAY! - THE NAVAGE PATCH
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 6Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
SHORT RIB ONION SOUP – SMITTEN KITCHEN
KOREAN BRAISED SHORT RIB STEW – MOMOFUKU GOODS
QUICK SHORT RIB STEW | RECIPE | SHORT RIB STEW, SHORT RIBS ...
STEW PORK RIBS RECIPE RECIPES - NEWS ALOSEO
QUICK SHORT RIB STEW ON BAKESPACE.COM
10 BEST BEEF SHORT RIB STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
QUICK SHORT RIB STEW - CRECIPE.COM
QUICK SHORT RIB STEW RECIPE - ALLRECIPES.COM | SHORT RIB ...
SLOW COOKER SHORT RIB STEW RECIPES
SLOW-COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS | STEW LEONARD'S
REE DRUMMOND’S HEARTY SHORT RIB STEW – HOUSEHOLDCOOKING.COM
QUICK SHORT RIB STEW RECIPE
SHORT RIB RECIPE NINJA FOODI - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SHORT RIBS RECIPES & RECIPE IDEAS
NINJA FOODI BBQ BEEF SHORT RIBS | THE SALTY POT
QUICK SHORT RIB STEW RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook beef short ribs on the stove?In a large pot, bring 5 cups of water to a boil over high heat along with the onion, ginger, garlic and scallion white parts. Add the short ribs, and bring it to a boil, uncovered, skimming off the foam. Reduce the heat to medium high and cook for about 10 minutes.
How to cook Korean braised beef short ribs?Galbijjim (Korean Braised Beef Short Ribs) Drain. In a large pot (5 or 6 qt), bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the ribs, onion, ginger, garlic and scallions. Bring it to a gentle boil, uncovered. Skim off the scum on the top. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs, reserving the stock.
What are the ingredients in a beef short rib boil?Ingredients. 1 2 Beef Short Ribs (see notes) 2 1/4 c Red Wine. 3 3/4 c Beef Stock. 4 1/4 c Diced Onion. 5 1/2 c bbq sauce. 6 Seasoning as desired: 7 Seasoning salt. 8 Garlic Powder. 9 Onion Powder. 10 1 Tbsp Cornstarch (see notes)
How long to cook beef short ribs in pressure cooker?TIP: If you’re using bone-in short ribs, you will need to increase the pressure cook time to 50 minutes. Short rib meat takes a bit longer to cook with the bones than without. Let’s get to the best beef short ribs recipe, I’m getting hungry! First, we’ll season the meat with salt and pepper.