ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SOUP
- Roast peppers: rub oil on peppers and put them under the broiler until blackened, turn to get all sides. Put into paper bag and seal. Let rest for 15 minutes, then peel will come right off and core and seeds will fall out. Chop peppers. Reserve one chopped pepper; set aside.
- Heat olive oil over moderate heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato, bell peppers (except reserved), thyme, paprika, and sugar. Cook over medium-low heat until all the tomato juices have evaporated, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce (if using). Bring to boiling, lower heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Strain soup, reserving broth. Place solids in food processor or blender, and process until fairly smooth. Add puree back into broth.
- Melt butter and stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute. Stirring slowly, add the broth/vegetable mixture. Add reserved chopped pepper and bring to boiling. Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add 1 tablespoon of sour cream to each bowl. For a lighter soup, this is also delicious without the sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 16.5 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 812.4 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
REALLY EASY ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
This red pepper sauce is so handy to have bagged in the freezer. The recipe makes enough for two meals - use as a base for baked gnocchi or pasta
Provided by Amanda Grant
Yield 8 (or 2 meals for 4)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Toss the peppers and onions with the garlic and olive oil, and spread out in a roasting tin. Roast for 40 mins, then add the tomatoes, red wine vinegar and sugar, and roast for another 20 mins. Tip into a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83 calories, Fat 3 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 2 grams protein
ROASTED RED PEPPER CREAM SAUCE
A light and creamy sauce with puree of roasted red peppers as the base. It is excellent on any type of pasta, but tortellini or ravioli seems to be the best match. The prep time is rather long, but the result is definitely worth it. Freezes well. In fact, the taste may improve slightly.
Provided by BOB BAILEY
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat broiler. Lightly coat the red peppers with olive oil. Grill peppers under the broiler until the skin is blackened, and the flesh has softened slightly. Place peppers in a paper bag or resealable plastic bag to cool for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove the seeds and skin from the peppers (the skin should come off the peppers easily now). Cut peppers into small pieces.
- In a skillet, cook and stir the garlic, basil, and red peppers in 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, so that the flavors mix.
- Place mixture in blender (careful it is hot), and puree to desired consistency. Return puree to skillet, and reheat to a boil. Stir in the half-and-half and the Romano cheese; cook and stir until the cheese melts. Add the butter, and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.6 calories, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Cholesterol 41.5 mg, Fat 18.9 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 9.3 g, Sodium 257.7 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
This sauce is perfect over seafood, grilled or roasted chicken and turkey, broiled flank steak, and roasted vegetables; it's also amazing with pasta. Try substituting an equal amount of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes for the roasted red peppers.
Provided by Robin Miller : Food Network
Yield makes 2 cups, 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a blender, combine the red peppers, broth, vinegar, and oil and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, partially cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Let come to room temperature and store in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO SAUCE
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut off and discard top quarter of garlic head and wrap remainder in foil. Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, in a foil-lined 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan and sprinkle lightly with salt. Add whole bell pepper and garlic (in foil) to pan and roast vegetables in middle of oven 1 hour.
- Transfer bell pepper to a bowl and cover bowl with plastic wrap, then let stand about 20 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel pepper, discarding stem and seeds, and transfer to a food processor or blender along with tomatoes.
- Unwrap garlic and squeeze roasted cloves from skin into food processor. Add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste, then purée sauce until smooth.
GRILLED RED PEPPER-TOMATO SAUCE
- Combine the pepper, tomatoes, vinegar, honey and cilantro in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add oil and season with salt and pepper.
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE
- Char bell pepper and tomatoes directly over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Transfer tomatoes to plate. Enclose pepper in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel, halve, and seed tomatoes; place in blender. Peel, seed, and chop pepper; add to blender. Add oil, vinegar, garlic, and cayenne; blend until smooth. Season sauce with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO PASTA SAUCE
My own creation after many trials and errors. The key here is the roasted garlic; it really gives the recipe a robust flavour. The result is a sweet, lovely and flavourful sauce.
Provided by KitchenKelly
Yield 8 , 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut top 1/4 off garlic head and cut around to expose as many cloves as possible.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place on a baking dish or in a roasting pan (I usually roast vegetables along side it because it makes the vegetables nice and garlicky).
- Place whole red pepper in dish and place in oven.
- Roast for 1 hour or until cloves are soft and mushy inside (you should be able to squeeze a clove and have all the garlic goodness come right out).
- Place red pepper in plastic ziploc bag and seal, let sit about 10-15 minutes or until it cools and is easy enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, pour can of diced tomatoes in blender.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar and red pepper flakes.
- Squeeze cloves out of garlic head (you can leave the skins on).
- Once pepper has cooled, peel off skin (it should come right off), cut open, take out seeds and remove stem
- Place pepper in blender.
- Puree mixture until blended.
- Stir in cornstarch.
- Heat up on stove when ready to eat or store in container and freeze for later.
ROASTED RED PEPPER & TOMATO SAUCE OVER LINGUINE
I had a large jar of roasted peppers that I needed to use and came up with this low fat recipe. If sauce is to thick you can thin with some of the pasta water. You can use 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs in place of the dried oregano, parsley, marjoram, & basil
Provided by Rita1652
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, and mushrooms. Saute till onions are translucent.
- Add rest of sauce ingredients. Simmer gently for 30-60 minutes.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- If serving immediately, it is not necessary to rinse the pasta. Transfer the pasta to warmed plates. Top with the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, garnish with the fresh herbs & grated cheese, and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.9, Fat 5.5, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 3.7, Sodium 1745, Carbohydrate 82, Fiber 8.3, Sugar 13.5, Protein 17.1
More about "roasted red pepper tomato sauce recipes"
ROASTED TOMATO AND RED PEPPER SAUCE - SALT & LAVENDER
5/5 (2)Category CondimentCuisine ItalianTotal Time 2 hrs 55 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 275F. Place the rack in the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
- Add olive oil, dried herbs, roughly torn basil, garlic, and salt & pepper to a bowl. Coat tomatoes and peppers in the mixture (I placed them in the bowl one by one and used my hands to coat them in the oil mixture).
- Place tomatoes and peppers on the baking sheet face up. Add garlic cloves in between the tomatoes and peppers, and place any remaining basil onto the tomatoes and peppers. Drizzle any remaining oil from the bowl on top of the tomatoes and peppers. Place in oven and cook for 2.5 hours.
ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
HOMEMADE ROASTED RED PEPPER BBQ SAUCE - ERREN'S …
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
ROASTED TOMATO, GARLIC AND RED PEPPER SAUCE WITH PICI …
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
ROASTED TOMATO AND RED PEPPER SAUCE - THE CURIOUS …
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE - THE HEALTHY …
RECIPE: ROASTED RED PEPPER & TOMATO SAUCE - INN AT …
ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO SAUCE- DAVITA
HEALTHY HOMEMADE TOMATO & RED PEPPER SAUCE - TASTY …
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | BON …
4/5 (5)Servings 1
TOMATO AND ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE - SLIMMING WORLD
ROASTED RED PEPPER NOMATO SAUCE - THROUGHTHEFIBROFOG
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO RECIPES | COOK WITH CAMPBELLS
ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA - MARVELOUS MUNCH
RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE - VEGAN ON BOARD
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE - THE BOLD APPETITE
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SOUP - COOKIE AND KATE
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE - PINCH OF YUM
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE - THE BABBLING BOTANIST
CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA SAUCE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5-INGREDIENT ROASTED RED PEPPER POMODORO SAUCE - PLAYS WELL …
ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO SAUCE (VEGAN) – THE SIMPLE SPRINKLE
20 EASY ROASTED RED PEPPER RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
GOES-ON-EVERYTHING ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE - CTV
ONE POT CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER CHICKEN PASTA.
10 MINUTE SUN DRIED TOMATO AND ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
SIMPLE ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO PASTA SAUCE
PASTA WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
ROASTED RED BELL PEPPERS AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER TOMATO SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER …
RECIPE: PASTA & ROASTED RED PEPPER-TOMATO SAUCE WITH CREAMY …
QUICK HOMEMADE ROASTED RED PEPPER-TOMATO SAUCE
ROASTED RED PEPPER PIZZA SAUCE – ROOTS AND RADISHES
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook tomatoes and peppers in the oven?Cut the red bell pepper in half and remove the stem, seeds, and white membrane. then place it cut side down on the cookie sheet. Peel 4 cloves of garlic and place them on the cookie sheet along with the tomatoes and pepper. Roast the veggies in the oven at 350° for about 30 minutes until the skin of the tomatoes is wrinkled.
How do you make tomato sauce with peppers and herbs?A versatile tomato sauce with red peppers and herbs. Pre-heat oven to 275F. Place the rack in the top third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. Cut tomatoes into halves and remove cores. Cut peppers into quarters and remove any seeds.
What is roasted tomato and red pepper sauce?Roasted tomato and red pepper sauce - a versatile sauce that is simple to make, super flavorful, and can be used on pasta, pizza, or anywhere a tomato-based sauce is needed. Slow roasting the veggies really brings out their flavor (and the garlic... oh my!). Your kitchen will smell wonderful while this is cooking.
What is tomatoes pasta sauce?A flavorful pasta sauce made from roasted tomatoes, red bell peppers, and garlic blended with olive oil and salt. Wash and cut the tomatoes in half and remove the brown section from the stem and place them cut side down on a cookie sheet.