RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM
Rum and Raisin Ice Cream is deceptively easy to prepare. Soak the raisins in rum the night before and add them halfway through the churning process of the vanilla custard. It's as simple as that!
Provided by Michelle Minnaar
Categories Ice Cream
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the raisins in a container with the rum, ensuring all the raisins are covered. Let them soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine the cream, vanilla and milk in a saucepan. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks, until the mixture has gone pale in colour and doubled in size.
- Temper hot milk into the sugar yolk mixture, by slowly adding hot milk about 60ml (1/4 cup) at a time, whisking to distribute heat. Once all the milk has been added, transfer mixture back into the saucepan.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until mixture reaches nappé consistency, or 80°C (180°F) on a kitchen thermometer. Let mixture sit at this temperature for 5 minutes to pasteurise the eggs.
- Remove from heat and pour the custard into a large mixing bowl. Place the bowl into icy water and stir until the custard has cooled.
- Pour the custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to your unit's instructions.
- After 30 minutes of mixing, add just the rum soaked raisins, plus 15ml (1 tbsp) of the rum to the ice cream. Continue churning until done.
- Transfer the ice cream to a sealable container and freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 2 scoops, Calories 377 calories, Sugar 40.3 g, Sodium 44.8 mg, Fat 17 g, SaturatedFat 9.7 g, TransFat 0.4 g, Carbohydrate 44.1 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 5.5 g, Cholesterol 180.6 mg
EASY RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM
- Place the raisins in a small bowl, pour on the rum, cover with plastic wrap, and allow the raisins to steep overnight.
- The next day, remove ice cream from freezer and allow to stand at room temperature until the ice cream is softened but not melting, about 15 minutes. Scoop the ice cream into a large bowl, and stir in the rum-soaked raisins, any extra rum in the bowl, and nutmeg until the ice cream is well mixed. The rum will soften the ice cream and make mixing easier.
- Pack the flavored ice cream back into the carton and refreeze until needed, at least 1/2 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165.3 calories, Carbohydrate 19.7 g, Cholesterol 29 mg, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.5 g, Sodium 53.4 mg, Sugar 17.1 g
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the raisins with enough rum to cover.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat.
- (Watch carefully. If the alcohol gets too hot, it will ignite.) Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Strain the rum into a heatproof glass measuring cup and set aside.
- Reserve the raisins.
- In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and half-and-half.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar to blend.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate, covered, until very cold, at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
- Whisk the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- When the ice cream is at the soft-serve stage, add 1/3 cup of the rum and the raisins and process 1 minute longer.
- (Discard any remaining rum or reserve for another use.) Eat at once or transfer to a covered container and freeze up to 8 hours.
RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM
- Combine raisins, rum and vanilla extract in small bowl; cover and stand overnight.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly; pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423.7, Fat 25.6, SaturatedFat 15.9, Cholesterol 92.1, Sodium 64, Carbohydrate 42.1, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 33.1, Protein 4.6
PECAN RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM
- Place the dark and golden raisins, rum and orange zest in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, remove from the heat, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour the cream, milk, vanilla bean and 1/3 cup of the sugar into a large saucepan and heat it to a simmer over medium heat. Place the egg yolks, the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and the salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes, until very thick. When the beater is lifted, the mixture will fall back on itself in a slow ribbon. With the mixer on low, pour 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture. While stirring with a wooden spoon, pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring almost constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes, until thickened (175 degrees F to 180 degrees F on a candy thermometer). The mixture will be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon (your finger should leave a trail on the back of the spoon). Immediately pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding the vanilla bean. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until cold.
- When ready to freeze, drain the raisin mixture, reserving the rum and discarding the orange zest. Mix 3 tablespoons of the drained rum into the cream mixture (discard the rest). Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. At the end, stir in the raisins and pecans, transfer to a quart container and freeze.
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM
- Heat the raisins, rum, and orange zest in a small saucepan. Let simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for a few hours. (The raisins can be macerated 1 day in advance.)
- Warm the milk, sugar, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the heavy cream, and salt in a medium saucepan. Pour the remaining 1 cup (250 ml) cream into a large bowl and set a mesh strainer on top.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warmed milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula. Pour the custard through the strainer and into the cream. Stir until cool over an ice bath, then chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- When ready to freeze the ice cream, drain the raisins over a bowl and reserve the rum. Discard the orange zest. Measure the drained rum and add more, if necessary, so that you have a total of 3 tablespoons (45 ml). Stir the rum into the custard.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. During the last few minutes of churning, add the rum-soaked raisins.
- Perfect Pairing
- Make Rum Raisin Vacherins, filling Meringue Nests (page 234) with Rum Raisin Ice Cream topped with Whipped Cream (page 170) and thin strips of Candied Citrus Peel (page 178) made with orange zest.
ICE CREAM WITH RUM-RAISIN SAUCE
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and corn syrup. Set over medium-low heat. Stir until well combined and sugar has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add butter, rum, and raisins, stirring until butter has completely melted. Serve the sauce warm or at room temperature over the ice cream.
BANANA-RUM-RAISIN ICE CREAM
- In a medium saucepan, combine rum, raisins, and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high, remove from heat, and let cool completely, 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine bananas and condensed milk and process until smooth, 2 minutes. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold banana mixture into whipped cream. Fold in rum-raisin mixture. Pour into a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan, cover with plastic, and freeze until firm, about 8 hours (or covered, up to 1 week).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 12 g
RUM-RAISIN ICE CREAM
- Combine raisins and rum in small bowl. Cover; let stand at room temperature 2 hours. Drain raisins, reserving 6 tablespoons rum. Combine in same bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in large bowl until blended. Bring milk and whipping cream to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk into yolk mixture. Return mixture to saucepan; stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens, about 15 minutes (do not boil). Strain custard into bowl. Cool. Add raisin mixture to custard. Refrigerate until cold.
- Transfer custard to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze ice cream in covered container until firm, about 4 hours. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead.)
More about "rum and raisin ice cream recipes"
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - THE CREAMIEST AND MOST INDULGENT …
4.4/5 (170)Total Time 15 minsCategory Dessert RecipesCalories 316 per serving
- Soak raisins in the rum overnight in an airtight container. I like to use a mason jar so that I can shake it every now and then to ensure the raisins are evenly soaked.
- Combine the milk and cream and heat in the microwave (or on top of the stove over medium heato scalding but not boiling.
- In a medium sized saucepan whisk together the egg yolks and sugar very well for about 3 minutes until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Whisking constantly, add about a cup of the scaled milk to the egg yolk mixture. This tempers the egg yolks so that they do not cook and scramble. Whisk in about another cup and make sure it is well blended with the egg yolk mixture. Finally add the remaining scaled milk and cream and make sure it is well blended in.
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - ROTI N RICE
VEGAN RUM & RAISIN ICE CREAM RECIPE - WALLFLOWER KITCHEN
RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM - HOME-MADE ICE CREAM RECIPE
CINNAMON RUM N RAISIN ICE CREAM - KISSES FOR BREAKFAST
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - NINJA TEST KITCHEN
LEGENDARY RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - NATURALLY EGG FREE
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HOW TO MAKE RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM. - CARIBBEANPOT.COM
RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM RECIPE | HOMEMADE DESSERT | CREAMISH
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - KITCHEN DREAMING
DRUNKEN RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM (GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE) - DELICIOUSLY ORGANIC
RUM & RAISIN ICE CREAM - WAITROSE.COM
FLAMING RUM 'N' RAISIN | FRUIT RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
EASY RUM RAISIN ICE-CREAM (NO CHURN) - COOKING MANIAC
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM RECIPES
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM | KITCHEN NOSTALGIA
AUTHENTIC RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM RECIPE - FLICKOFTHEWHISK.COM
FROM THE PASTRY DUNGEON: RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - SERIOUS EATS
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - THE SPRUCE EATS
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - JOYOFBAKING.COM *VIDEO RECIPE*
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM (VEGAN) - ADDICTED TO DATES
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - THE LITTLE EPICUREAN
DAVID LEBOVITZ'S RUM RAISIN ICE-CREAM — WHAT THE FRUITCAKE?!
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - HOMEMADE! - CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE
RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM | BAKING MAD
MARY BERRY’S RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM | DESSERT RECIPES
RUM AND RAISIN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM - SWEETEST MENU
NO CHURN RUM AND RAISIN ICE CREAM RECIPE STEP BY STEP
KULFI PREMIX RUM N RAISIN - 4000G
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM | SAVEUR
CARAMELIZED RUM AND RAISIN ICE-CREAM ( ITALIAN) RECIPE, ITALIAN …
RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM - RECIPE GIRL
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #desserts #easy #frozen-desserts #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #equipment #small-appliance #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make rum Ice Cream?The next day, remove ice cream from freezer and allow to stand at room temperature until the ice cream is softened but not melting, about 15 minutes. Scoop the ice cream into a large bowl, and stir in the rum-soaked raisins, any extra rum in the bowl, and nutmeg until the ice cream is well mixed.
How to make raisins and rum cocktail?Sign in Combine raisins and rum in small bowl. Cover; let stand at room temperature 2 hours. Drain raisins, reserving 6 tablespoons rum. Combine in same bowl. Whisk egg yolks and sugar in large bowl until blended. Bring milk and whipping cream to boil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk into yolk mixture.
Can you make rum raisin ice cream in a Vitamix?Once frozen, blend the ice cubes in your Vitamix until a soft-serve texture is achieved. Stir in the raisins and transfer to serving bowls. Freeze the rum raisin ice cream recipe 30 minutes for a firmer texture. You are here: Home / Healthy Ice Cream Recipes / Rum Raisin Ice Cream
Can you freeze rum with raisins in it?When ready to freeze, drain the raisin mixture, reserving the rum and discarding the orange zest. Mix 3 tablespoons of the drained rum into the cream mixture (discard the rest). Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.