SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA AND CUMIN OKRA
- Season the salmon steaks with salt and pepper, and sprinkle them with two tablespoons olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, red onion, vinegar and peanut oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat grill. Heat the peanut oil in a large heavy skillet and add the okra. Sprinkle with the cumin, salt and pepper, and cook over moderate heat, turning frequently, until the okra is golden-brown and somewhat crusty (about 15 minutes).
- Grill the salmon steak for three to four minutes on each side for medium rare. Snip the basil leaves and add them to the salsa. Spoon the salsa over the salmon, and garnish with basil sprigs. Serve immediately, passing the okra separately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 712, UnsaturatedFat 32 grams, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 48 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 51 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 1171 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SEARED SPICED SALMON STEAKS WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA
I just loooooove the combination of lime and fresh coriander. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. In this recipe from 'Delia Smith's Winter Collection', you've got it on top of the salmon as well as in the salsa. Of course you can only do the salmon or only the salsa, but the two go really well together. I served this with what we call here 'wild rice mix'. It's white long grain rice with pieces of wild rice in it. Marinating time is NOT included in the cooking time. The ingredients and in particular the salsa is very much like Tex-Mex cuisine.
Provided by tigerduck
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- To make the salsa, rinse the beans in plenty of cold water, put them in a saucepan with enough water to cover, bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Then reduce the heat and simmer the beans for 30 minutes until tender. Drain and allow them to cool completely before adding all the other ingredients. Then leave them covered for several hours to allow the flavours to develop.
- A few hours before you want to cook the salmon, wipe each of the steaks with damp kitchen paper and remove any visible bones using tweezers. Place the salmon on a plate, then, with a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic cloves and rock salt together until you have a creamy purée. Now add the grated ginger, lime zest, cinnamon and cumin, 1 tbsp of olive oil and the chopped coriander, and a good grind of black pepper. Mix everything together and spread a little of this mixture on each salmon steak. Cover with clingfilm and set aside for the flavours to develop and permeate the salmon.
- When you're ready to cook the salmon, pre-heat the grill to its highest setting. Brush the baking sheet with olive oil and put it under the grill to heat up. When the grill is really hot, remove the baking sheet using an oven glove, and place the salmon pieces on it. They will sear and sizzle as they touch the hot metal. Position the tray 3 inches (7.5 cm) from the heat and grill them for 7 minutes exactly. Use a kitchen timer as the timing is vital.
- Remove them when the time is up and use a sharp knife to ease the skins off. Transfer to warm plates and garnish with sprigs of coriander. Serve immediately with the black bean salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462.8, Fat 26.3, SaturatedFat 5.4, Cholesterol 77.9, Sodium 285.7, Carbohydrate 22.4, Fiber 5.3, Sugar 3.9, Protein 34.9
GRILLED CARIBBEAN SALMON STEAKS WITH FRESH FRUIT SALSA
An original recipe created for Around the World Recipe Swap. Many thanks to Elly in Canada, for her valued advice and capable assistance. Elly, we should open a restaurant... You chop and add the wine...I will saute... Easy as One, Two Three. One for the recipe, two for Elly, (that makes three). The ingredient, champagne grapes, are tiny blue, very sweet grapes, are also referred to as currant grapes. These can be purchased fresh from your specialty shop, at the end of the growing season. They are left on the vine a little longer to become a very sweet fruit, ideal for recipes where natural sweetness is the preferred method over the addition of refined sugar.
Provided by TOOLBELT DIVA
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Lay the salmon steaks on a cutting board. With a sharp chef's knife cut the bone on either side. Remove bone and discard. You now have 2 pieces for each steak.
- Turn one half of the salmon steak over; with skin side out, lightly press the thick fleshy parts together. You now have two tail pieces on opposite ends.
- Fold the right side tail piece around the left flesh; Fold the left side tail piece around the right flesh. You now have a salmon steak resembling a pin wheel.
- Skewer each salmon steak, through one tail piece, into the thick flesh of both halves, and through the opposite tail piece. This will hold it together while cooking.
- Heat 1/2 the butter and 1/2 cooking oil together, over medium heat. Watch it does not burn.
- Cook salmon steaks 5 - 6 minutes on each side. (If you have a ridged griddle pan, use it; it will imprint lovely cooked ridges, and will not allow meat to stick).
- To prepare the salsa: combine mango, papaya, plum, and peach.
- In an appropriately sized sauce pan, combine white wine (or rum if you prefer), with lemon juice, lemon zest and brown sugar; bring to a rapid boil.
- Turn down heat under liquid and allow to simmer.
- Add fruit from Step 7, and cook slowly until mixture thickens and begins to resemble chutney; remove from heat.
- At this point, add avocado, champagne grapes and chopped parsley. Mix carefully to heat through. This method will prevent bursting of the tiny grapes.
- Divide Fresh Fruit Salsa evenly, and spoon equally over salmon steak pinwheels.
- Serve with your favourite accompaniments, such as rice; orzo; cous cous; or CooKoo (see CooKoo from Barbados Recipe #61903).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 582.3, Fat 43.6, SaturatedFat 12.3, Cholesterol 89.5, Sodium 148.6, Carbohydrate 23.8, Fiber 5, Sugar 17, Protein 21.8
CUMIN-RUBBED STEAKS WITH AVOCADO SALSA VERDE
Boneless beef chuck steaks ('ranch' steaks) are rubbed with cumin, cooked on the stovetop, and served with an avocado and tomatillo salsa in this quick recipe.
Provided by Allrecipes Member
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Press cumin evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine salsa, avocado and cilantro in small bowl.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 209.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.2 g, Cholesterol 51.9 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 3.8 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 331.6 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
More about "salmon steaks with salsa and cumin okra recipes"
SALMON WITH OKRA - RECIPE PETITCHEF
5/5 (1)Category Main DishCuisine enTotal Time 55 mins
- Place salmon steaks into a plate or a tray for marinating. Sprinkle some salt and red wine. Turn over a couple of times to make sure both sides are covered.
- Saute onion, garlic and peppers for a couple of minutes. Add okra and simmer for 5 minutes. Add water and lemon juice and cook covered for another 5-10 minutes. You can add more water if it starts to dry out.
SIMPLE SPICED SALMON KEBABS AND OKRA @ NOT QUITE …
HOW TO COOK SALMON STEAKS | A WELL-SEASONED KITCHEN®
PAN-FRIED SALMON STEAK RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
SALMON STEAK RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PAN SEARED OKRA AND SIMPLE SALMON SUPPER - KIRSTY'S …
GRILLED SALMON STEAKS WITH CUMIN MAYONNAISE RECIPE BY …
PAN-ROASTED SALMON STEAKS WITH FENNEL RECIPE
MAPLE SOY GRILLED SALMON STEAKS - JO COOKS
BEST SALMON STEAK RECIPE - HOW TO COOK SALMON …
SALSA BAKED SALMON - JAMIE GELLER
GRILLED SALMON STEAKS WITH CUMIN MAYONNAISE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SEARED SPICED SALMON STEAKS WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA - MEXICAN …
FRESH SALMON STEAKS WITH WARM MANGO SALSA ... - LIVING THE …
ROAST SALMON WITH SALSA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ASTRAY RECIPES: SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA
SMOKED SALMON STEAKS WITH CITRUS SALSA RECIPE - MASTERBUILT
SALMON STEAK RECIPES - NYT COOKING
RECIPE: PAN-SEARED SALMON WITH CUMIN-CORIANDER CREMA AND …
SALSA ROASTED SALMON - RECIPE GIRL
GRILLED SALMON STEAKS RECIPE WITH JALAPEñO SALSA - EATWELL101
CHILI-TEQUILA SALMON STEAKS WITH GRILLED SALSA RECIPE
GRILLED SALMON STEAKS WITH MANGO SALSA | METRO
CUMIN-RUBBED STEAKS WITH AVOCADO SALSA VERDE - MEXICAN RECIPES
FLANK STEAK WITH CORN SALSA - GIMME SOME GRILLING
SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA AND CUMIN OKRA - DINING AND COOKING
CUMIN MARINATED GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH SALSA RECIPE - SAVORY …
SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA | QUéBON - QUEBON.CA
BROILED PACIFIC SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA BUTTER - VEGETARIAN RECIPE …
SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA AND CUMIN OKRA RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SEARED SPICED SALMON STEAKS WITH BLACK BEAN SALSA - PLAIN.RECIPES
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON STEAKS WITH GRILLED CORN SALSA | SEAFOOD …
SALMON STEAKS WITH TOMATO SALSA | METRO
GRILLED SALMON WITH NECTARINE SALSA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA - BIGOVEN.COM
BROILED PACIFIC SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA BUTTER
SALMON STEAKS WITH PEACH SALSA - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
BROILED PACIFIC SALMON STEAKS WITH SALSA BUTTER
SALMON STEAKS WITH SOY-MAPLE GLAZE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
You'll also love