SALMON STEW (SCANDINAVIAN STYLE)
A rich, creamy stew with potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and bacon. Indulge yourself. Modified from a recipe on The Slow Cook website. Posted for ZWT.
Provided by strawberrybird
Yield 6 cups, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, combine stock with wine and reduce by approximately one-third over moderate heat.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the bacon fat. Add mushrooms and onion to the fat and cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Combine the reduced stock and wine mixture with cream and bring to a bowl. Add potatoes and cook until just tender.
- Add the mushroom mixture and salmon to the cream and potatoes.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until salmon is almost cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add chopped dill. Enjoy!
SCANDINAVIAN-STYLE RARE-COOKED SALMON WITH FAVA BEANS AND PEAS
- Butter 4 individual, shallow, flame-proof casseroles and set aside. Trim and discard the thin belly section from the salmon fillets and season the fillets on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the center of the casseroles and surround the fillets, in this order, with the peas, fava beans, snow peas, bacon, scallions and lettuce. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Lay the butter slices over the vegetables. (Recipe may be made ahead to this point several hours ahead; cover and chill.)
- Pour the fish fumet into the dishes and place each dish on top of a stove burner turned to high heat. Bring the fumet to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, until a metal skewer inserted into the center of the salmon for 5 seconds feels barely warm when touched to your lip; the salmon will be rare.
- Sprinkle the chopped mint over the vegetables and lay the mint sprigs on the salmon. Put the casseroles on serving plates and serve immediately.
- Remove the gills and eyes from the fish, or have your fish store do it. Cut the heads and bones across into 4-inch pieces. Put them in a shallow pan and cover with cold water: Let stand for 1 hour, changing the water twice. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, fennel, leek, peppercorns, salt, parsley and bay leaf. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook until the vegetables are softened but not browned, about 4 minutes. Add the fish bones and cook, stirring from time to time, until the bones and any flesh around the bones turn from translucent to white, about 12 minutes. Add the wine and water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, skimming off the foam as it rises to the top. Remove from the heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Strain the fumet through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing firmly on the solids to extract as much of the flavorful liquid as possible. If you have more than 3 cups of fumet, place the liquid in a clean saucepan and boil until reduced to 3 cups. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
CREAMY SCANDINAVIAN SEAFOOD SOUP
While other creamy fish soups tend to be overpowering, this one is light, elegant, and delicious. Sprinkle with chives and serve with bread.
Provided by Tautec
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Soup Recipes Seafood Shrimp Soup
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and onions and saute until lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring chicken broth, water, white wine, vinegar, and fish sauce to a boil in a large pot. Add sauteed vegetables, reduce heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk heavy cream and flour together in a small bowl. Add cream to the soup, followed by sugar, garlic, bay leaf, chile pepper, fennel greens, sea salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add cod, mussels, and shrimp; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer without boiling until fish is easily flaked, 8 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 465.7 calories, Carbohydrate 17.3 g, Cholesterol 158.2 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 38.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.5 g, Sodium 990.8 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
This is a favorite recipe from my mother-in-law. My boys devour it and always want seconds, thirds, etc...! Enjoy!
Provided by Suzanne Metz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Steam potatoes til soft, drain water.
- Using a Dutch oven, add milk, salmon, potatoes, butter, salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat stirring constantly for approximately 20 minutes.
- Do not allow to boil or milk will curdle.
- Remove from heat and serve with crackers.
SALMON AND MIXED VEGETABLE STEW
My dad from Nanaimo, British Columbia, sent me this northwest favorite. Hi Dad! This recipe goes very well with a chilled bottle of your favorite white wine and fresh garlic bread.
Provided by sodman
Categories Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes Stews Seafood
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Mix in garlic and flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Slowly stir in broth and bring mixture to a simmer, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in salmon cubes and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Mix in peas, corn, and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Add additional broth to thin stew, if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.4 calories, Carbohydrate 24.1 g, Cholesterol 58.3 mg, Fat 18.6 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 26.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 250.8 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
BASQUE-STYLE SALMON STEW
Heart-healthy salmon tops this simple one-pot which will help towards your five-a-day
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the peppers, onion and potatoes. Cook, stirring regularly for 5-8 mins until golden. Then add the paprika, garlic, thyme and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, stir and cover, then turn down heat and simmer for 12 mins. Add a splash of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season the stew and lay the salmon on top, skin side down. Place the lid back on and simmer for another 8 mins until the salmon is cooked through. Scatter with parsley, if you like, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 29 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 0.33 milligram of sodium
More about "salmon stew scandinavian style recipes"
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW WITH DILL - THE WASHINGTON POST
3.9/5 (10)Servings 6Is Accessible For Free TrueCalories 400 per serving
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW - ALIVE MAGAZINE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SCANDINAVIAN SIMPLE EATING – WITH ANETTE LARSSON
SALMON SOUP RECIPE - A RECIPE FOR ICELANDIC SALMON SOUP
BAKED SALMON STEW RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
RECIPES – SCANDINAVIAN SIMPLE EATING
SCANDINAVIAN RECIPES WITH SALMON - 18 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
EASY 20-MINUTES SALMON STEW - GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW WITH DILL RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW : COOKING - REDDIT
SALMON SOUP RECIPE: NORDIC SALMON STEW RECIPE
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW WITH DILL RECIPE - IFOOD.TV
RECIPES: SCANDINAVIAN POTATO AND SALMON CASSEROLE - CAFé CAT
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW WITH DILL | RECIPE | SCANDINAVIAN FOOD ...
RECIPE: SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW WITH DILL - SEATTLE TIMES
35 SCANDINAVIAN RECIPES THAT WOULD MAKE OUR GRANDMAS PROUD
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON STEW WITH DILL | RECIPE | COOKING RECIPES, …
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON - DAILY SCANDINAVIAN
10 BEST FRESH SALMON STEW RECIPES | YUMMLY
SALMON STEW (SCANDINAVIAN STYLE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HEARTY SALMON STEW - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN
FISKESUPPE (NORWEGIAN COD AND ROOT VEGETABLE CHOWDER) - SAVEUR
THE BEST SOUTHERN SALMON STEW THAT’S SUPER EASY!
TOP 10 SCANDINAVIAN RECIPES - TOP INSPIRED
10 BEST SCANDINAVIAN MAIN DISHES RECIPES - YUMMLY
NORWEGIAN BACALAO STEW WITH POTATOES, TOMATOES, AND ONION
SCANDINAVIAN SEAFOOD STEW RECIPE BY NEW.WIFE | IFOOD.TV
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE FOR SALMON STEW - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOUTHERN SALMON STEW - STARKIST
COOK SCANDI STYLE SALMON IN 35 MINS - SIMPLY COOK
SCANDINAVIAN SALMON SOUP - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SCANDINAVIAN FISH STEW RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
FINNISH SALMON SOUP RECIPE | LOHIKEITTO — A FULL LIVING
SCANDINAVIAN RECIPES | SAVEUR
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love