FRESH SALMON TARTARE
- Cut the fresh salmon and the smoked salmon in 1/4-inch dice. Place the salmon in a mixing bowl and add the lime juice, shallots, olive oil, dill, capers, two mustards, salt, and pepper. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a few hours for the salmon to marinate.
- When ready to serve, toast the bread and taste the salmon for seasonings. Serve the tartare with triangles of the toast.
Use the freshest wild or farmed salmon for this dish. Chilling it in the freezer for 20 minutes makes it easier to dice.
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Categories Fish Appetizer Valentine's Day Quick & Easy Oscars Mother's Day Lime Salmon Healthy Raw Chive Jalapeño Cilantro Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Kidney Friendly Pescatarian Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place salmon on a plate; freeze until well chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice salmon lengthwise into 1/8"-wide sheets. Cut each sheet into 1/8"-long strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8" cubes. Place salmon in a medium bowl. Add cucumber and the next 9 ingredients and toss to combine. Season tartare to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer tartare to a bowl and serve with chips.
- Cut salmon in small pieces, about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice cucumber into very thin (almost transparent) rounds and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the shallots, dill, chives, capers, lemon juice and finally add the salmon. Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately. Just before serving, chop the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and a sprinkling of olive oil, and stir to combine. On a serving plate, spread the cucumber slices to cover 2/3 of the plate, leaving a space in the center of the plate. Then arrange the salmon over the cucumber, then top with the seasoned tomatoes. Garnish with sliced avocado and chopped chives. Serve with endive, toast points or crackers.
A beautifully simple preparation of raw fish that is a celebration of freshness. The thing I love about this dish is the magic worked by the lemon juice. As well as imparting sharp fresh flavor, the acid in the lemon juice affects the protein in the fish, causing a cooked texture on the surface of the meat whilst leaving the centre rare and soft. Serve with buttered crusty brown toast.
Provided by grubdaily
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Remove salmon skin and cut out the grey colored blood line so you have only the shiny pink flesh. Cut salmon into small cubes and place in a bowl. Mix in shallot, parsley, chives, pickle, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Let marinate for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 132.5 calories, Carbohydrate 0.6 g, Cholesterol 41.9 mg, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 14.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.6 g, Sodium 227.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
- Carefully pick over the salmon to remove all traces of bone. Cut away and discard any flesh that has a darkened tinge.
- Put the salmon on a flat surface and chop it finely with a knife. Do not use a food processor or a blender. You do not want to make a smooth paste. There should be about two cups or slightly less, closely packed.
- Put the salmon in a mixing bowl and add the dill, oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and onions. Stir to blend thoroughly. Serve in small portions with dill and mustard sauce on the side and buttered toast triangles.
SMOKED SALMON TARTARE
Cold-smoked salmon is one of my favorite brunch foods. For an even fancier presentation, I decided to add a few ingredients and turn it into a tartare to serve atop crackers or crostini. Your guests will love this any time of day!
Provided by France C
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine salmon, shallot, olive oil, and brine in a bowl. Toss with a spoon until evenly combined.
- Evenly distribute salmon mixture onto crackers. Top with lemon zest, chives, and cracked black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 72.9 calories, Carbohydrate 4.5 g, Cholesterol 4.9 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 254.2 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
SMOKED SALMON TARTARE
- Put the salmon on a flat surface and chop it finely with a knife. Do not use a food processor or blender. You do not want to make a smooth paste. There should be about one cup or slightly less, closely packed.
- Put the salmon in a mixing bowl and add the onions, lemon juice, capers, dill, oil and pepper. Blend thoroughly. Serve in small portions garnished with a dill sprig. Serve with dill and mustard sauce on the side and buttered toast triangles.
SMOKED SALMON TARTARE
A very Dutch salmon recipe. Ideal to serve visitors. Can be made a day before serving.
Provided by berdina
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Put the salmon into the foodprocessor and chop untill small, like mince meat, but still with a bite
- Put into a bowl, add all the other ingredients and mix . Taste and add some pepper and salt.
- Serve with toast or roasted slices of white bread.
More about "salmon tartare recipes"
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Starter
SALMON TARTARE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (130)Calories 450 per servingCategory Main Dishes
SALMON TARTARE - SAVORY SUITCASE
FRESH TANGY EASY SALMON TARTARE STARTER - YOUR GUARDIAN CHEF
SALMON TARTARE - KATY'S FOOD FINDS
TARTARE OF MARINATED SALMON RECIPE - RAYMOND BLANC OBE
BEST SMOKED SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - THE YELLOW TABLE
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
BEST SALMON TARTARE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
FRENCH SALMON TARTARE – LAYLITA'S RECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE SPICY SALMON TARTARE | THE EAST COAST KITCHEN
CLASSIC SALMON TARTARE - IGA
CLASSIC SALMON TARTARE | RICARDO
SALMON TARTARE · GLW - GIRLS. LIVING. WELL
CHOPPED SALMON TARTARE - FRAMED COOKS
SALMON TARTARE WITH PISTACHIOS AND LEMON RECIPE - JUSTIN CHAPPLE …
MAPLE SALMON TARTARE | MAPLE FROM CANADA
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE WITH LEMON AND CAPERS | OLIVEMAGAZINE
EASY SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - IZZYCOOKING
SALMON TARTARE ON GARLIC BREAD RECIPE - JEREMY FORD | FOOD & WINE
SALMON TARTARE | DIY EASY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE (SALMON POKE) | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - LIGHT & EASY | NOT ENOUGH CINNAMON
10 BEST SALMON TARTARE WITH AVOCADO RECIPES | YUMMLY
15 SALMON TARTARE RECIPE JAPANESE - SELECTED RECIPES
AN EASY SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - LIDIJA'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN TARTARE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
SALMON, BEETROOT AND PEAR TARTARE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
TARTARE DE SAUMON • SALMON TARTARE – MM BON APPéTIT
SALMON WITH TARTAR SAUCE - CHEFJAR
10 BEST SALMON TARTARE RECIPES | YUMMLY
FRESH SALMON TARTARE WITH AVOCADO - LENA'S KITCHEN
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SALMON TARTARE | HANK SHAW
SALMON TARTARE | CHEFSTEPS
SALMON TARTARE - CAROLINE'S COOKING
SALMON TARTARE WITH RUM & FRIED CAPERS - ALWAYS USE BUTTER
SALMON TARTARE RECIPE - ITALIAN APPETIZER RECIPE WITH ... - LIFE IN ITALY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #for-1-or-2 #south-african #appetizers #seafood #african #easy #diabetic #dinner-party #fish #dietary #number-of-servings #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love