Quick and simple savoury rice.
Provided by laurenswan
Yield Serves 3
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Prepare the vegetables:
- 1. Peel and chop the onion
- 2. Slice the mushrooms
- 3. Deseed and dice the red pepper
- 4. Chop the tomato
- Fry the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock powder with the water.
- Add the stock, peas and curry powder to the rice mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Serve the rice in a bowl and sprinkle the chopped tomato on top.
NICE 'N' SPICY SAVOURY RICE
Introduce children to spices by getting them to cook this easy rice dish
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Rinse and soak the rice for 10 mins. Heat a large, ovenproof saucepan. Add the oil, then the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook on a low heat until the onion is soft. Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods and cook for a further 2 mins on a low heat. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 mins, then stir.
- Drain the rice and add it to the saucepan. Stir so that the rice is coated in the oil and spices. Add the peas, sweetcorn and half the flaked almonds, if using. Pour over the stock and stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid or with a sheet of foil, then cook in the oven for 15-20 mins. Remove from the oven, scatter with the remaining almonds, if using, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 49 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 1.09 milligram of sodium
SAVORY HERB RICE
"I got this recipe from the mother of one of my college roommates many years ago and filed it away," writes Suzy Mercker of Lawrenceville, Georgia. "I found it one night by accident and made it for dinner. Now it's a staple that I often serve with chicken, beef, pork...or even fish."
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 5 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 6mg cholesterol, Sodium 490mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
- Heat butter in a small saute pan and cook onions until tender.
- Place onions in an ungreased casserole dish and stir in other ingredients.
- Bake at 350F for one hour or until done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 448.1, Fat 25.4, SaturatedFat 14.9, Cholesterol 61.8, Sodium 1309.4, Carbohydrate 47.6, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 4.6, Protein 9.4
- Cook rice according to package instructions (for 3 cups of rice, put 2 cups of water in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, add kosher salt and bring to a boil. Add rice, stir; cover with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes).
- In a skillet, saute sliced onion in 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil for 5 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms. Saute mixture for 10 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To rice, add onion/mushroom mixture, poultry seasoning, chicken broth and 1 tablesoon butter. Combine and serve.
SAVORY RICE CAKES
- Cook scallions, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until carrot is softened, about 8 minutes. Stir together rice, eggs, bread crumbs, and vegetable mixture in a bowl. Form into 8 (2 1/2- by 1/2-inch) patties, pressing mixture so cakes will hold together (mixture will be loose). Transfer to wax paper as formed. Cook 4 rice cakes in 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over moderately high heat, gently turning over once, until browned, about 7 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and keep warm, loosely covered with foil. Cook remaining 4 cakes in remaining tablespoon oil.
SAVORY COCONUT RICE
I love coconut rice, especially as a side for spicy grilled meats, but when I order it out, it's usually too sweet for my tastes, and more closely resembles dessert than a side dish. So, I decided to create a more savory version at home, which I eventually did, after a few short decades of testing.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place rice in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add grated ginger, kosher salt, red chili flakes, and turmeric. Pour in water and coconut milk. Whisk until mixture is well combined (do not stir again).
- Place pan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. When mixture starts to bubble and reaches a low simmer, place bay leaf on the surface, cover tightly, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 18 minutes without taking off the lid. Remove pan from heat and let sit 5 minutes, covered. Fluff rice with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 535.1 calories, Carbohydrate 67.1 g, Fat 27.7 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 7.6 g, SaturatedFat 24.5 g, Sodium 500 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
More about "savoury rice recipes"
SAVOURY RICE WITH GARLIC,ONIONS AND PEPPERS - FOODEVA …
SAVOURY RICE CAKES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
SAVORY RICE CASSEROLE WITH CHICKEN RECIPE - HOME …
SAVOURY RICE - PINCH OF NOM
ZESTY, CREAMY SAVOURY RICE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
35 EASY RICE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
SAVOURY VEGETABLE RICE - BIGOVEN
RICE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
35 LEFTOVER RICE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
8 AMAZING & FLAVORFUL RICE RECIPES - SAVORY THOUGHTS
65 BEST RICE RECIPES FOR DINNER - TASTE OF HOME
BAKED SAVORY RICE RECIPE | MOMS WHO THINK
SAVOURY RICE - SAPEOPLE SOUTH AFRICAN RECIPES
10 BEST SAVOURY RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
35 EASY RICE RECIPES & IDEAS - FOOD NETWORK
80 EASY AND TASTY SAVOURY RICE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
SAVOURY RICE , A GLUTEN-FREE AND DELICIOUS MEAL| EPERSIANFOOD
40+ SAVORY & SWEET RICE RECIPES » THE NUTRITION ADVENTURE
SAVOURY RICE RECIPE BY FOUZIAH PAILWAN
JAMIE’S TOP 10 RICE DISHES | JAMIE OLIVER
CHINESE SAVOURY STICKY RICE - THE FOODIE TAKES FLIGHT
94 EASY AND TASTY SAVOURY RICE RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
CHINESE SAVOURY RICE | PLANT BASED FAMILY DOWN UNDER
GRANDMA’S SAVOURY RICE RECIPE - COUNTRY RECIPE BOOK
SAVORY SEASONED RICE – GLUE STICKS AND GUMDROPS
20 SAVOURY RICE DISHES IDEAS | COOKING RECIPES, RICE DISHES, RECIPES
10 BEST SAVORY BROWN RICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
350 BEST SAVOURY RICE RECIPE IDEAS IN 2021 - FOOD NEWS
EASY SAVOURY RICE - A VIRTUAL VEGAN
SAVOURY RICE RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
SAVOURY RICE RECIPE - T-FAL
SAVORY CHICKEN RICE - FLAVORFUL EATS
RESHTEH POLO (SWEET AND SAVOURY PERSIAN NOODLE RICE)
SAVORY BREAKFAST RICE - HEALTHYISH FOODS
SAVORY RICE MIX RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SAVOURY RICE RECIPE - TEFAL
ONE POT SAVOURY RICE | SLIMMING EATS RECIPES
ADEENA SUSSMAN'S JEWELED RICE (SWEET, SAVORY & HERBY) | KITCHN
SAVOURY RICE | NESTLé RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #lunch #side-dishes #beef #eggs-dairy #rice #vegetables #american #canadian #southern-united-states #oven #easy #potluck #dinner-party #kid-friendly #grains #dietary #low-calorie #comfort-food #pacific-northwest #inexpensive #northeastern-united-states #low-in-something #meat #pasta-rice-and-grains #novelty #taste-mood #savory #to-go #equipment
You'll also love