SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
From St. Charles, Illinois, Donna Richardson sends this fast stovetop dinner for two. Seasoned with white wine, Dijon mustard and garlic, the shrimp make weeknight dinners seem special.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the wine or apple juice, mustard and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 193 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 202mg cholesterol, Sodium 598mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add shrimp and garlic; cook, tossing, until shrimp starts to turn pink on the outside but is still translucent on the inside, about 2 minutes (shrimp will finish cooking in step 3). Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. In same skillet, melt remaining butter. Add shallot; cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add flour; cook 30 seconds, whisking constantly. Gradually add wine, broth, and mustard, whisking constantly. Simmer until it is as thick as heavy cream, about 5 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain sauce; discard solids. Return sauce and shrimp to skillet. Bring to a simmer, and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. If desired, serve over rice and garnish with thyme leaves.
DIJON SHRIMP WITH PASTA
I combined several family recipes to create this dish, which I like to serve when we have company. If my husband had his way, I'd make it every night. -Gail Cawsey, Geneseo, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain., Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in broth, wine, mustard, tarragon, paprika and pepper. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened., Reduce heat to medium; stir in shrimp and cream. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 547 calories, Fat 23g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 197mg cholesterol, Sodium 754mg sodium, Carbohydrate 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 30g protein.
- Stir mayonnaise and chili sauce together in a large bowl. Add chile-garlic sauce and stir.
- Spread cornstarch into a wide dish. Press shrimp into cornstarch to coat in a thin layer.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Deep fry shrimp in batches until the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 5 minutes per batch; drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine mayonnaise sauce and shrimp in the large bowl; stir to coat shrimp in the sauce.
- Line a bowl with lettuce leaves. Pile shrimp into bowl and garnish with green onion to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.4 calories, Carbohydrate 13.6 g, Cholesterol 183.2 mg, Fat 27.3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 567.3 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE
- In a large skillet, melt 1 Tbs butter over medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and garlic.
- Cook, tossing, until the shrimp starts to turn pink on the outside but is stil translucent on the inside, about 2 min (the shrimp will finish cooking later.).
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and in the same skillet, melt the remaining butter.
- Add the shallot and cook until softened, 1-2 minute.
- Add the flour and cook for 30 secs, whisking constantly.
- Gradually add the wine, broth, and mustard - whisking constantly.
- Simmer until it is as thick as heavy cream, about 5 minute.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294.2, Fat 9.2, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 274.5, Sodium 523.4, Carbohydrate 6.5, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.8, Protein 36.4
SANTA BARBARA SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Using 2 large saute pans, heat the oil until it begins to smoke. Over very high heat, saute the shrimp for 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a warm plate, set aside, and keep warm.
- To each saute pan, add 1 minced shallot and 1 tablespoon minced tarragon. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze each pan with the sherry and then combine the sauce in one pan. Add the cream and reduce the sauce until it coats the back of a spoon. Whisk in the butter, 1 small piece at a time. Whisk in the mustard, just at the last minute. Do not let the sauce boil, or the mustard will become grainy. Correct seasoning to taste.
- Arrange the shrimp decoratively on serving plates, nap with sauce, and sprinkle with chives.
SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD-LIME DIPPING SAUCE
- Using kitchen shears and working one at a time, cut along the length of the backs of shrimp, cutting through shells and just deep enough into flesh to expose veins; remove veins.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and add 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning. Squeeze lemon juice into water and add lemon halves to saucepan; return water to a boil. Add shrimp, reduce heat, and simmer until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Drain and pat dry.
- Just before serving, whisk oil and remaining 1 tablespoon Old Bay in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and parsley and toss to coat.
- Do ahead: Shrimp can be cooked 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Mustard-lime dipping sauce:
- Whisk mayonnaise, brown mustard, lime juice, honey, brown sugar, mustard powder, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl; season with hot sauce and salt. Serve shrimp with dipping sauce and lime wedges.
MADHUR'S SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SEED AND GREEN CHILE SAUCE
Chef and cookbook author Madhur Jaffrey shares this simple yet impressive Bengali dish known as "chingri bhapey." The shrimp is delicately spiced with ground mustard seed and chopped green chiles, creating a sweet, fragrant sauce. Madhur recommends rubbing the shrimp with coarse salt before washing it to ensure the freshest flavor.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Gently rub the shrimp with 1/2 cup coarse salt. Wash shrimp under cold running water, and place in a colander. Drain well.
- Using a spice grinder, coarsely grind mustard seeds. Transfer ground seeds to a medium stainless-steel bowl. Add 1 tablespoon water, and combine. Add onion, chile, turmeric, remaining 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, cayenne pepper, and oil. Add shrimp, and stir to coat. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, and set seasoned shrimp aside for 10 minutes.
- Place the bowl of shrimp in a large stockpot. Add boiling water to stockpot until water comes 1/3 of the way up the sides of bowl. Cover, and place over medium heat. Cook until shrimp just turn opaque all the way through, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once after 6 minutes.
- Divide the rice and shrimp among four plates, and serve.
LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic in butter until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the wine. Season with lemon pepper, mustard, and red pepper flakes. Stir in shrimp, and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp is done. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 233.5 calories, Carbohydrate 2 g, Cholesterol 203 mg, Fat 13.7 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 23.4 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 352 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
SAUTEED SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD-CHIVE SAUCE
- Whisk cream, clam juice and mustard in small bowl to blend. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add shrimp and chives and sauté 2 minutes. Add cream mixture. Simmer until shrimp are just opaque in center and sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Spoon rice onto plates. Top with shrimp and sauce.
GLASS NOODLES WITH SHRIMP AND SPICY MUSTARD SAUCE
The secret pantry ingredient in this superfast, superflavorful noodle dish is Asian hot mustard powder. Mixed with equal parts water, the golden powder blooms into a pungent, spicy sauce. The noodles can be made a few hours ahead and served chilled or at room temperature. They will develop more flavor as they sit, though you should remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving so that the noodles return to room temperature and soften. Jumbo shrimp cook in just a couple minutes, but precooked shrimp are also a convenient option. Eggs add a nice creamy texture that helps tame the hot mustard.
Provided by Kay Chun
Categories dinner, lunch, noodles, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer noodles to a colander and rinse under cold water until cool; drain well.
- In the same pot of boiling water, add shrimp. Poach over high until pink and just opaque throughout, 2 minutes. Drain shrimp and rinse under cold water.
- While the noodles cook, in a large bowl, combine mustard powder and 2 tablespoons very hot water; mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes to bloom. Add vinegar, ginger and sugar. Whisking constantly, drizzle in oil until well combined; season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup of this dressing in a small bowl.
- Add cooled noodles to the large bowl of mustard sauce, season with salt and pepper, and toss until noodles are evenly coated. (Using clean hands works best, but otherwise use tongs.) Add shrimp, cucumbers, bell pepper and the reserved 1/3 cup dressing; season with salt and pepper, and toss until well combined. Season to taste.
- Divide noodle mixture among shallow bowls. Garnish with scallions and eggs, if using.
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD-HERB SAUCE
- Peel and devein ahrimp.
- Slice the green onion, using as much as possible.
- In a 3 qt bowl whisk vinegars, black pepper, mustard and salt.
- While whisking, slowly pour the oil in until slightly thickened.
- Stir in parsley and green onion.
- In a 6-quart filled half way, bring to a boil. Add shrimp boil and boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add peeled and deveined shrimp to boiling water. Cook until pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour shrimp into a colander, shake excess water off. Immediately stir drained shrimp in the sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 day.
- Serve with sliced cucumber and crackers or with toothpicks or cocktail forks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 192.2, Fat 13, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 142.9, Sodium 1108.6, Carbohydrate 2, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 0.2, Protein 16.2
More about "shrimp in mustard sauce recipes"
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE | FOODIECRUSH.COM
HONEY MUSTARD GARLIC SHRIMP - JULIA'S ALBUM
FRIED SHRIMPS WITH MUSTARD | FOOD FROM PORTUGAL
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE - SPICED PEACH BLOG
SHRIMP WITH POMMERY MUSTARD SAUCE - SHE'S COOKIN
SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD-LIME DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE | BON …
ROASTED SHRIMP COCKTAIL WITH WHOLE GRAIN MUSTARD …
10 BEST SHRIMP DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE FOR FAT SUNDAY #SUNDAYSUPPER
SHORSHE CHINGRI RECIPE - SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE [MFFS]
SPICY MUSTARD SEAFOOD SAUCE - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE | RICARDO
5/5 (9)Total Time 25 minsCategory Main Dishes
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE - RECIPES - PAGE 12 | COOKS.COM
GRILLED SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE | TRAEGER GRILLS
SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD- HORSERADISH SAUCE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
SHRIMP IN A MUSTARD SAUCE OVER CRISPY POTATO CAKES
EASY HONEY MUSTARD GARLIC SHRIMP - WALDER WELLNESS, RD
RECIPE FOR SHRIMP IN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - ONLINE RECIPES FROM …
SPICY BAKED COCONUT SHRIMP WITH MAPLE-MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
CRISPY BAKED SHRIMP WITH HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE - THE DOMESTIC …
JHEEGA SHRIMP & SQUASH IN CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
10 BEST SHRIMP DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - RECIPES LIST
BREADED SHRIMP WITH HONEY-MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
COCONUT SHRIMP WITH MAUI MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
BIG EASY SHRIMP WITH CREAMY CREOLE MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE | RECIPE GOLDMINE RECIPES
SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE - RECIPES - PAGE 4 | COOKS.COM
SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE - COOKEATSHARE
SHRIMP WITH MUSTARD SAUCE, SHRIMP IN MUSTARD SAUCE | VA
RAZZOOS CHERRY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
BIG EASY SHRIMP WITH CREAMY CREOLE MUSTARD SAUCE - MCCORMICK
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #healthy #very-low-carbs #main-dish #seafood #shrimp #dietary #low-calorie #low-carb #low-in-something #shellfish
You'll also love