SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE
- Heat a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in oil. Add onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and juices and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and 2 1/2 cups water, then return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until rice is tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in shrimp and spinach and simmer, covered, until shrimp is just pink and opaque, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve, sprinkled with feta and mint and drizzled with oil.
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES & FETA
Any recipe that is special enough for company but easy enough for a weeknight meal is a favorite in my book. All you need to finish off the meal is a side salad and crusty French bread to sop up the delicious tomato and wine juices. -Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, pepper flakes and paprika; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes., Stir in shrimp and cheese; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in mint. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 191mg cholesterol, Sodium 502mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
FRESH TOMATO SHRIMP PASTA
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
- In the container of a food processor, combine the garlic, onion and oregano. Pulse until finely chopped. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant and almost golden. Mix in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes while the pasta is cooking, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in spinach until it wilts, then just before the pasta is done, stir in the shrimp. Cook until heated through. Toss with pasta in a large serving bowl, and mix in mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 651 calories, Carbohydrate 52.2 g, Cholesterol 265.9 mg, Fat 28.5 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 43.8 g, SaturatedFat 10.6 g, Sodium 357.5 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
SPICY SHRIMP AND TOMATOES WITH SCALLION RICE
The sauce for these shrimp is made by simply tossing quickly sauteed tomatoes and shrimp in a bowl with what is known as compound butter: room temperature butter that has been flavored by mashing in something tasty like herbs or seasoning--in this case, lemon zest and hot sauce. You can make the butter and cook the shrimp and tomatoes in the time it takes to cook the rice.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add the scallion whites and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water, the rice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the bay leaf, increase the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer. Stir a few times, cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 17 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, zest the lemon into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, the hot sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined. Gently stir in half of the parsley, reserving the remaining parsley for garnish. Cut the zested lemon into wedges and reserve.
- Sprinkle the shrimp liberally with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and some salt and cook, shaking the skillet frequently, until the tomatoes just start to pop, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the butter. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet. Add the shrimp and cook until the bottoms turn pink, about 1 1/2 minutes; flip and cook until just cooked through, about 1 minute more. Add the shrimp to the tomatoes and toss gently to coat everything with the butter and mush the tomatoes a bit more.
- Fluff the rice and stir in the scallion greens. Divide the rice among 4 dinner plates, top with the shrimp, tomatoes and sauce, scatter the remaining parsley leaves over the top and put a lemon wedge on each plate. Serve immediately, with extra hot sauce.
EASY SHRIMP AND TOMATOES
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat; swirl to coat pan. Season shrimp with salt and ground pepper. Add half the shrimp to the pan; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons oil and shrimp.
- Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and red-pepper flakes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until they begin to break down, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt.
- Return shrimp and any accumulated juices to pan. Add parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Serve over pasta, rice, or spinach, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 256 g, Fat 8 g, Protein 35 g
SKILLET SHRIMP AND TOMATOES
Quick recipe I found in the paper which was adapted from Everyday Food magazine. Sounds yummy. Test kitchen tip: Always heat cooking oil in the pan before adding other ingrdients, and swirl pan to coat bottom evenly. The oil is hot enough it sizzles when water is sprinkled in or when food is added (to prevent splattering, tip pan away from you to allow oil to pool, and add food to side of pan close to you). Serve over pasta, rice or spinach.
Provided by Oolala
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil over high heat; swirl to coat pan.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add half the shrimp to the pan; cook 3-4 minutes until opaque throughout.
- Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and shrimp.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garlic and red pepper flakes; stir in tomatoes; cook 4-6 minutes until they begin to break down.
- Season with salt.
- Return shrimp and any accumulate juices to the pan. Add parsley and lemon juice and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 253.1, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 259.2, Sodium 258.7, Carbohydrate 6.7, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 2.7, Protein 35.7
SHRIMP W SPINACH & SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
This has become a favorite for a quick, easy and elegant meal. You can use any style pasta you prefer. The smaller the shrimp the less the cooking time will be. Keep that in mind when adding spinach as the shrimp will continue to cook as the spinach steams. If I have small shrimp I add the shrimp and spinach at the same time so the shrimp doesn't overcook.
Provided by racrgal
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place chicken broth, oregano, garlic, red pepper flakes and sun dried tomatoes in 10 inch skillet. Simmer until tomatoes are soft.
- Add shrimp. Simmer until shrimp starts to turn pink. About 1 minute for medium shrimp.
- Turn shrimp and add spinach on top.
- Place lid on skillet and simmer until spinach is limp. Cooking time will depend on how done you prefer the spinach. I don't fully cook spinach.
- Place cooked pasta on plate or shallow soup bowl.
- Top with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesean cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299.1, Fat 4.4, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 226.4, Sodium 634.8, Carbohydrate 33.3, Fiber 6.2, Sugar 1.6, Protein 31.5
SHRIMP AND CREAMY SPINACH-FETA RICE
I found this wonderful shrimp recipe on USA Rice Federation website and we just love it. Though the recipe calls for Feta with basil and tomato..we preferred the plain.
Provided by Buddybearr
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add raisins and bell pepper;
- sauté 1 minute.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; toss until spinach is just wilted.
- Add shrimp; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add hot rice and feta cheese.
- Toss all ingredients until heated through and cheese is soft and creamy.
- Top with toasted nuts, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.4, Fat 3.5, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 147.3, Sodium 387.2, Carbohydrate 38.1, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 7.8, Protein 19.4
More about "shrimp with tomatoes spinach and rice recipes"
MEAL PREP: GREEK TOMATO SHRIMP WITH SPINACH RICE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CREAMY GARLIC SHRIMP WITH SPINACH (10-MINUTE)
TOMATO-COCONUT SHRIMP WITH SPINACH AND WHITE RICE
SHRIMP TOMATO SPINACH PASTA IN GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
SHRIMP SPINACH MUSHROOM RICE RECIPE - EATING RICHLY
TOMATO SPINACH SHRIMP PASTA – BEST SHRIMP PASTA RECIPE
SAUTEED SHRIMP WITH SPINACH & TOMATOES | GIMME SOME …
4.9/5 (11)Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 3-5Total Time 15 mins
TOMATO, SHRIMP AND SPINACH RICE - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 2Cuisine Not SetCategory Main Dish
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, WHITE BEANS AND SPINACH RECIPE
BEST SHRIMP AND RICE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND RICE
LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP, GARLIC, BABY SPINACH, AND TOMATOES
SPINACH & TOMATO RICE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES & SPINACH - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
SHRIMP AND SPINACH WITH RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH & FETA - KITCHEN PARADE
GARLIC SHRIMP AND TOMATO RICE - A DASH OF MACROS
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE RECIPE | RECIPE | SHRIMP, …
BROWN RICE WITH SHRIMP AND SPINACH RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SHRIMP RISOTTO WITH SPINACH, TOMATOES AND PARMESAN - SPOON …
TUSCAN SHRIMP WITH SPINACH & TOMATOES | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE RECIPE | RECIPE
TOMATO SPINACH SHRIMP PASTA • SALT & LAVENDER
SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH SPINACH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPAGHETTI WITH SHRIMP, SPINACH; TOMATOES · THYME FOR COOKING
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE RECIPE | RECIPE | CANNED …
20 EASY SHRIMP RECIPES WITH RICE | MYRECIPES
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE | CANNED TOMATO RECIPES ...
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES, SPINACH, AND RICE RECIPE | CANNED TOMATO …
SHRIMP AND SPINACH RICE - BIGOVEN.COM
SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO SAUCE, FETA & RICE - WALDER WELLNESS
SHRIMP SCAMPI PASTA WITH SPINACH AND CHERRY TOMATOES
CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER TUSCAN SHRIMP (+ VIDEO) - CAFE DELITES
SAUTéED SHRIMP WITH SPINACH & TOMATOES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
BEST MEDITERRANEAN SHRIMP & RICE SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO COOK
RECIPE: SHRIMP WITH WHITE BEANS, SPINACH & TOMATOES - KITCHN
You'll also love