SLOW COOKED CUBAN SANDWICH
- Mix the oil, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, red pepper, garlic, lime juice and orange juice in a small bowl. Make slits in the pork with a paring knife and rub liberally all over with the oil mixture. Place the pork in a slow cooker and top with the remaining juices from the bowl. Cover and cook on low until tender, flipping once halfway through, about 6 hours.
- Remove from the slow cooker and let cool slightly. Shred the pork into thick chunks with 2 forks. Set the pork aside and keep warm in the cooking liquid.
- Slice the roll open and smear both sides with mustard. Layer on the Swiss, ham, pulled pork and pickles. Place the onions over half the sub and cut into portions. Or, start on opposing ends and race to the middle.
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK
This is from an authentic Cuban recipe site, although I couldn't tell you how "authentic" it is, considering I have never been to Cuba. Serve with black beans and rice. Authentic or not, however, this recipe is amazing, especially the second day on a Cubano sandwich!
Provided by duetfreak
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cut pork loin into 3 equal pieces.
- Turn a slow cooker to Low. Add orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, and peppercorns, then add onion.
- Mix garlic, salt, and oregano into a paste and rub all over pork pieces. Place pork in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until pork is slightly pink in the center, 9 to 10 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Pull apart meat with 2 forks and let sit for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.2 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Cholesterol 89.6 mg, Fat 15.4 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 31.3 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 1176.1 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
SLOW COOKER MOJO PORK
A Cuban-style pork roast marinated and cooked low and slow. Normally bitter oranges are used but they can be hard to find. To make it easy I subbed limes and oranges, using both the juices and the zest. Serve with black beans and white rice for a complete meal. Plan ahead because this roast is marinated from 6 hours to overnight.
Provided by Yoly
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Score fat side of the pork in a crosshatch pattern, cutting about 1/8 inch deep. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, orange zest, lime zest, bay leaves, oregano, and cumin in a large resealable bag. Add pork butt and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. Flip the bag over occasionally and rub over roast to evenly distribute marinade.
- Place roast and marinade in the slow cooker. Cook on Low until meat is fork-tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Transfer pork into a roasting pan, fat-side up. Broil until lightly browned and the skin has crisped, 4 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.6 calories, Carbohydrate 3 g, Cholesterol 64.9 mg, Fat 27.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 14.9 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 1535.9 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
CUBAN SLOW-COOKER PORK CHOPS
This recipe is courtesy of my Mother-in-law. It's the easiest, most delicious crock pot recipe ever. Normally I shy away from canned ingredients, but the sofrito has so much flavor, it really doesn't need anything else. I serve the chops with a side of brown rice.
Provided by Diet It Up
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Layer the pork chops in a crock pot.
- Combine sofrito, tomato sauce and water in a bowl. Pour over the chops.
- Set the crock pot for 6 hours on the low setting.
- Add the olives to the sauce before serving.
SLOW-COOKER CUBAN PORK
- Toss the onion, bell pepper, cilantro and garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Rub the pork chops with the cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt and several grinds of pepper; add to the slow cooker. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, squeeze in the juice of 1 orange and add the squeezed orange halves. Cover and cook on low until the pork is very tender, 7 to 8 hours.
- Cook the rice as the label directs, sprinkling the peas on top of the rice during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove the pork chops to a bowl; discard the bones and orange halves and shred the meat with 2 forks. Stir the vinegar and the juice of 1/2 orange into the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper; add the juice from the remaining 1/2 orange to taste.
- Return the pork to the slow cooker. Fluff the rice with a fork, stirring in the peas. Serve the pork with the rice; top with cilantro.
More about "slow cooker cuban pork recipes"
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK - THE MAGICAL SLOW COOKER
4.4/5 (7)Calories 392 per servingCategory Main Course
- Add the pork shoulder to the slow cooker. Using a small knife cut slits into the pork, about an inch down.
- In a large bowl add the olive oil. Cut the lemon, lime and orange in half. Squeeze the juice out of the citrus into the bowl. Add the oregano, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK - SLOW COOKER GOURMET
Cuisine American, CaribbeanTotal Time 8 hrs 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 240 per serving See details »
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK - COCO AND ASH - EASY RECIPES
Reviews 6Servings 10Cuisine CubanCategory Dinner, Main Course
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until there are no more large chunks.
- Cook the pork in the slow cooker on high for 6 hours or on low for 8. If you can't easily shred the pork, It's not done!
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK (LECHON ASADO) - VIKALINKA
4.9/5 (10)Total Time 8 hrs 20 minsCategory MainCalories 901 per serving
- In a food processor or a blender combine garlic, salt, smashed peppercorns, orange and lemon juice, onions and oregano. Process until smooth.
SLOW COOKER CUBAN MOJO PORK | LEMON BLOSSOMS
Ratings 28Calories 140 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course, Slow Cooker
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients. Make sure the pork gets coated with the marinade.
- At this point, the pork is fully cooked and can be served with the cooking juices or you can make a quick sauce (see Note 2)
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK RICE BOWLS - A CEDAR SPOON
Reviews 6Category Dinner, Slow CookerServings 8Estimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a medium bowl mix together the olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and crushed red pepper.
- Trim the fat off of the pork roast and place in a slow cooker. Using a knife to cut 5 small slits in the pork roast and place a piece of smashed garlic in each slit. Pour the marinade over the pork roast in the slow cooker and use a brush or your hands to rub the marinade so it is covering the pork roast. Add the remaining smashed garlic cloves, onion and bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 7 1/2 hours. Using two forks shred the pork and return to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Continue to cook for 30 more minutes.
- Serve the Cuban pork over brown rice with your favorite toppings like cilantro, avocado, salsa, sour cream and cheese.
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK - BELLY FULL
Ratings 48Calories 244 per servingCategory Main Course
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, orange juice, lime juice, salt, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper, and garlic.
- Place pork in the slow cooker, along with the onion and bay leaf. Pour the remaining juices from the bowl over the pork.
SLOW COOKER CUBAN MOJO PORK - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
5/5 (46)Total Time 8 hrs 5 minsCategory MainCalories 247 per serving
- To the slow cooker add the orange juice, lime juice, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic and bay leaves and mix it together.
SLOW-COOKER CUBAN PORK | MAGNOLIA DAYS
Reviews 17Category Main DishCuisine CubanEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Pierce the pork on all sides many times with a knife. Add pork to the bag and seal. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
SLOW COOKER CUBAN MOJO PORK - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
4.8/5 (14)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 6 hrs 10 mins
- In a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the pork shoulder and pulse until everything is finely chopped. If you do not have a food processor or blender, just finely chop the herbs and mince the garlic, then combine everything in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside about 1/3 cup of the mojo sauce for later and keep it in the fridge while the pork cooks.
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and pour the mojo sauce over it. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- When the pork is fully cooked and tender, carefully transfer it to a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes until browned on top. While doing this, you can thicken the cooking juices remaining in the slow cooked using a slurry made from 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of water, if desired. Just stir it in, cover, and cook on HIGH for 20-30 minutes while browning the pork and shredded it.
- Pull the Cuban mojo pork apart using two fork or just by chopping with a large knife a few times to break it up into tender chunks. Drizzle with reserved mojo sauce, if desired, and serve with the remaining juices from the slow cooker.
SLOW COOKED TENDER SHREDDED CUBAN PORK - SO EASY! - SWEET ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 7Total Time 6 hrs 3 mins
- Prepare pork for spice rub by trimming any fat. There is usually a very large portion of fat on one side of a pork butt.
- Cover the entire pork butt with dry spice mix. Rub the spices in firmly. Be sure to coat the sides and ends of the roast, not just the top and bottom.
CROCKPOT CUBAN STYLE PORK TENDERLOIN - JO COOKS
4.8/5 (20)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 6Total Time 3 hrs 35 mins
- Mix all other ingredients together, and pour this sauce in the crockpot and set the pork tenderloin in the crockpot. Set on high and cook for 3 1/2 hours or on slow for 5 to 6 hours.
- To make the gravy strain the remaining sauce. In a small sauce pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter and add about 1/2 cup of the sauce and the flour. Quickly whisk and after it thickens add remaining sauce and whisk and cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Serve over pork.
(CLASSIC) SLOW-COOKER CUBAN PORK | MAKE AHEAD MONDAYS ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 8 hrs 10 minsCategory Main DishCalories 299 per serving
- Drizzle the olive oil in the slow-cooker bowl. Place untrimmed pork, fat side down in the bowl then flip fat side up. Toss garlic cloves in around the roast and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes. Use a spoon to dollop the frozen orange juice concentrate over the top of the roast. Pour the lime juice around the edges of the roast, toss on cilantro stems- if using, cover, and turn cooker to ‘HIGH’. Allow to cook for 1 hour, turn the heat to ’LOW’ and continue cooking for another 7 hours or until meat falls apart when prodded with a fork. When the meat is tender, turn off slow cooker and place the slow cooker bowl in the fridge. (If your slow-cooker doesn’t have a removable insert, transfer the contents to a large container with a tight-fitting lid and pop that into the fridge.
- Use a spoon to remove the congealed fat from around the pork shoulder. Discard the fat. Transfer pork shoulder to a large cutting board, preferably one with a groove to catch juices. Otherwise, keep the paper towels handy! Let sit while attending to the pan juices.
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK ROAST RECIPE | MAGIC SKILLET
Reviews 8Cuisine CubanRatings 8Servings 6
- Place pork shoulder roast and remaining ingredients in 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker. Pour the remaining juices from the mixing bowl over the meat.
FAVORITE WORLD CUISINE RECIPES FOR THE SLOW COOKER ...
See details »
PULLED PORK CUBAN SANDWICH RECIPE
See details »
CUBAN PORK LOIN ROAST RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
See details »
RECIPE: SLOW COOKER CUBAN PULLED PORK TACOS WITH PINEAPPLE ...
See details »
RECIPES FOR BONELESS PORK SHOULDER PICNIC ROAST RECIPE ...
See details »
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
See details »
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK - JAWNS I COOKED
See details »
SLOW COOKER CUBAN PORK "STEW" | FROM FOODIE WITH LOVE
See details »
10 BEST SLOW COOKER CUBAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
You'll also love