SPICY BEAN SPROUTS
- Wash sprouts & drain well.
- Heat butter in a pan and saute ginger & garlic 1 minute, add onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining spices and cook 3 mins before adding bean sprouts.
- Combine all ingredients well and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.6, Fat 6.2, SaturatedFat 3.8, Cholesterol 15.3, Sodium 352.5, Carbohydrate 13.7, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 7.6, Protein 4.7
DUA GIA (PICKLED BEAN SPROUT SALAD)
Delicately crunchy and bright tasting, this easy southern Vietnamese favorite is technically a pickle because the vegetables steep in brine. But it is eaten in large amounts like a salad, usually with intensely flavored fish or pork kho (dishes simmered in savory caramel sauce). The vegetables provide a refreshing contrast to the inky, deep flavors of kho but they're also terrific paired with dumplings or sandwiches. The bean sprouts and carrot are typically combined with flat Chinese chives. Since those kinds of chives can be hard to find, you can also use thin green scallion tops.
Provided by Andrea Nguyen
Categories salads and dressings, side dish
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- To make the brine, combine the sugar, salt, vinegar and 1 cup water in a large saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from the heat and completely cool.
- At least 40 minutes and up to 2 hours before serving, add the bean sprouts, carrot and scallions to the brine. Use your fingers to toss the vegetables. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning the vegetables 2 or 3 times to expose them evenly to the brine. At first, the vegetables won't be covered by the brine, but then they will shrink. They're ready when they're almost covered with brine and taste pleasantly tangy and are a mix of crunchy and soft. If needed, let them sit for 10 minutes longer.
- Drain the vegetables and pile them high on a plate. Serve at room temperature within 2 hours to enjoy them at their peak.
KOREAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD
- Rinse bean sprouts in cold water and discard any bad sprouts.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Plunge bean sprouts and cabbage into the pot and let boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, fish sauce, and garlic together in a bowl for dressing.
- Drain water from the pot and run cold water on the sprouts for 1 to 2 minutes. Squeeze bean sprouts with your hands to remove excess water. Place sprouts and cabbage into a mixing bowl and add carrot, green onion, and dressing; mix well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 75.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fat 4 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 693.8 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
KOREAN BOILED BEAN SPROUTS SALAD
This Korean bean sprout recipe is based on a recipe by my mom who is 76 years old now. If you like hot and spicy chili taste, you could try this spicy recipe. But if you don't, try it without chili powder. You can cook these two different types of recipes for both mung and soy bean sprouts. It is yummy with warm steamed rice.
Provided by Phoebe Chung
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot. Pour in bean sprouts and cover the pot. Cook until tender, about 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- Add green onions, garlic, chili powder, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt to the bowl with the bean sprouts and mix.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.1 calories, Carbohydrate 29.3 g, Fat 7.4 g, Fiber 10.4 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.2 g, Sodium 852.4 mg, Sugar 13.5 g
More about "spicy bean sprout salad recipes"
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD ホットもやし • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
4.1/5 (66)Calories 85 per servingCategory Side Dish
10 BEST BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD - ELLIE LIKES COOKING
Cuisine KoreanCategory Salad, Side DishServings 3Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Add bean sprouts to a bowl. Sort through and discard any rotten sprouts. Rinse with water and drain.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add bean sprouts and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Take a handful of bean sprouts and squeeze out excess water. Place bean sprouts into the bowl with the other ingredients. Repeat with the rest of the bean sprouts.
THIS SPICY CRUNCHY BEAN SPROUT SALAD IS A MUST TRY
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
SPICY BEAN SPROUTS SALAD - BEYOND KIMCHEE
Reviews 12Servings 6Cuisine KoreanCategory Side Dish
SPICY THREE BEAN SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SPICY SPRING CABBAGE AND BEAN SPROUT SALAD
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD FOR RAMEN RECIPE | PAGE 2 OF 2
SPICY BEAN SPROUTS - ALTAA'S KITCHEN
THAI BEAN SPROUT SALAD - PALATABLE PASTIME
SPICY BEAN SPROUTS RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
KOREAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD (SOOKJU NAMUL) RECIPE
RAW BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
JAPANESE BEAN SPROUTS SALAD - ASIAN CAUCASIAN FOOD BLOG
BEAN SPROUT SALAD IN SPICY PEANUT DRESSING - KETO & LOW CARB …
KONGNAMUL MUCHIM (SPICY SOYBEAN SPROUTS) - KIMCHIMARI
BEAN SPROUT SALAD (FRESH & CRISPY) - SPEND WITH PENNIES
MW-RECIPES/SPICY-BEAN-SPROUT-SALAD.MD AT MAIN · …
SPICY JAPANESE BEANSPROUT SALAD RECIPE | ANNA IN THE KITCHEN
SPICY MUNG BEAN SPROUTS SALAD (MAEWOON SUKJU NAMUL)
109 EASY AND TASTY BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
KIM THUY’S BEAN SPROUT SALAD - RICARDO CUISINE
SPICY & NON-SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD / 콩나물 무침
SPICY JAPANESE BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SPROUTED MUNG BEAN SALAD - THE COOCOO COOK
SPICY KOREAN BEAN SPROUTS - SIMPLY MEALS
BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
MUNG BEAN SPROUT SALAD | ASIAN COOKING MOM
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD FOR RAMEN RECIPE | NOOBCOOK.COM
EASY SPROUTS SALAD (SPROUTED MUNG BEAN SALAD) - PIPING POT CURRY
10 BEST SPINACH AND BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
RAW VEGAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD | AMANDA NICOLE SMITH
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD | RECIPE CART
HOW TO MAKE SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD (RECIPE) ホットもやしの作 …
SPICY BEAN SPROUT SALAD (VIDEO) ホットもやし
KOREAN-STYLE BEAN SPROUT SALAD - SOBEYS INC.
BEANSPROUT RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
SPICY BEAN SPROUTS SALAD BY LAURA NOC - FOODRHYTHMS
JAPANESE BEAN SPROUT SALAD RECIPE - MY JAPANESE RECIPES
KOREAN BEAN SPROUT SALAD (KONGNAMUL MUCHIM) - POSH JOURNAL
28 BEST BEAN SPROUT RECIPES IDEAS - PINTEREST.CA
BEAN SPROUTS SALADS IN CHILLI PEANUT DRESSING RECIPE - TARLA DALAL
Spicy Bean Sprout Salad | Spicy Bean Sprout Recipe230 views-02:38
How to Make Spicy Bean Sprout Salad (Recipe) ホットもやしの作り方（レシピ）77K views-01:50
Spicy Bean Sprout Salad Recipe16K views-03:57
Spicy Bean Sprout Salad | (豆もやし) MOYASHI Salad967 views-03:23
Sweet and Spicy Bean Sprout and Cucumber Salad410 views-04:16
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook bean sprouts for salad?Bean sprouts are tossed with green onions and a sesame soy dressing for a healthy and refreshing salad that’s perfect as a side dish or afternoon snack. In a large pot, add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add in the bean sprouts and boil for 1 minute.
How do you make bean sprouts with soy sauce?In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 crushed garlic clove, and whisk or mix to combine. Stir in 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds. Place the bean sprouts in a large mixing bowl and toss with the green onions and the seasoning until well combined.
What can I do with bean sprouts?The bean sprouts can also be mixed with leafy greens to make a salad. Place bean sprouts into a mixing bowl or storage container. Add 2 tbsp of water to the bean sprouts and cover with plastic wrap.
What is Japanese bean sprout salad?Japanese bean sprout salad is an easy to make recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. Bean sprouts are mixed with various seasonings and tossed to make a flavorful side dish. The bean sprouts can also be mixed with leafy greens to make a salad.