SPICY CAYENNE TOASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD
From the "California Sizzles" cookbook. A California twist on tapenade and a little "kick" to boot. On my list of appetizers to try. Prep times does not include refrigeration time.
Provided by DailyInspiration
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Prepare the sun-dried tomatoes if dried. To re-hydrate sun-dried tomatoes, place them in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Place the tomatoes and remaining ingredients; except goat cheese, in a container and refrigerate for 4 hours. Process in a food processor until smooth.
- Prepare cayenne toasts by preheating oven to 200 degrees F. Combine ingredients, other than bread, in food processor, mixing well. Lay bread slices on a cookie sheet. Brush tops lightly with spread. Cook 1 hour until crisp. Cool.
- To serve, place sun-dried tomato spread on cayenne toasts and top with a sprinkle of goat cheese.
SPICY SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE
Medium-spicy flavor, tangy tomato taste (only for real sun-dried tomato lovers) and a bright, sweetish accent from the touch of orange and cinnamon. Use the best sun-dried tomatoes for this recipe. Try it on pasta (I suggest about 1/2 cup per 4 ounces pasta) with parmesan cheese or crumbled feta or toss with beans. It would also make a terrific pizza sauce. This recipe is easily halved and the sauce can be frozen. From Angelica's Home Kitchen in NYC, voted 2006 best vegetarian restaurant.
Provided by Kumquat the Cats fr
Yield 7-8 cups, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a 3-quart sauce pan. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In another 3-quart saucepan, soften the onions in the oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, then add carrots, garlic, cinnamon, orange peel, black pepper, cayenne and salt.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes and add them to the onion mixture along with 6 cups of fresh water. Raise heat to high and bring sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick (if using) and orange peel. Add the basil and balsamic vinegar.
- Carefully puree the sauce in batches in a blender until smooth. Season with additional sea salt to taste.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD & CAYENNE TOASTS
- Sun-dried tomato spread: To rehydrate dried tomatoes, place tomatoes on a steamer rack over simmering water until tomatoes are completely soft and have no hard spots, about 45 minutes. Check water level often to keep bottom of steamer from drying out. Place steamed tomatoes, in a 2-cup container with a tight fitting lid. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover container; shake to blend ingredients. Refrigerate at least 2 days to blend flavours. To serve, in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process contents of container until almost smooth, leaving some texture. Cayenne Toasts: Preheat oven to 200°F. Prepare topping by whisking all topping ingredients, until blended, in a 2-quart bowl; set aside. Using a serrated bread knife or electric knife cut French bread into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Lay slices in single layers on ungreased baking sheets. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat 1 side of each bread slice with topping. Whisk mixture often while using so that seasonings do not settle to the bottom of the bowl. Dry in a preheated oven until very crisp, about 1 hour. The texture should be similar to Melba toast. Remove from the baking sheets; cool on wire racks. When completely cool, store in airtight containers until served or up to 2 days. Cooled toasts can be packed in freezer containers and frozen up to 2 months. Recrisp frozen toasts in preheated 350°F oven 5 to 7 minutes. Place goat cheese on 1 or 2 serving dishes; pour tomato spread over cheese. Use small knives to spread on cayenne toasts or crackers.
SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD
I use this tomato-based spread in place of jelly on toast and bagels. My favorite is spreading it on tomato-basil bagels. I usually place 1/2 the spread in the refrigerator, and freeze the remainder for later use.
Provided by Don Ondersma II
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a blender or food processor, mix tomato paste, basil, olive oil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, white sugar and garlic salt. Blend to the consistency of a spreadable paste. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.8 calories, Carbohydrate 5.6 g, Fat 4.2 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1.2 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 367.6 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SUN-DRIED-TOMATO RELISH WITH CAYENNE TOASTS
- Make the relish: Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until translucent, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, basil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the toasts: Heat grill or broiler to medium-high. Brush bread with oil, and sprinkle with cayenne. Grill until golden brown and crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve toasts with relish and goat cheese.
SPICY SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND CLAM SPREAD
A slightly spicy and creamy spread of sun-dried tomatoes and clams. This spread tastes great served with good pita bread!
Provided by CHAUSER
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a blender or food processor, puree the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic until smooth. Blend in the red pepper, parsley, basil, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon in the cream cheese and clams, and continue to blend until smooth. Transfer the spread to a serving bowl, and chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 93.1 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 30.8 mg, Fat 6.9 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 4.1 g, Sodium 137 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Cover dried tomatoes with boiling water and let stand for 20 minutes to rehydrate. Drain. Combine all but cream cheese and butter in processor, then let marinate for 2 hours. Combine cream cheese and butter. Whip until smooth. In small bowl lined with plastic wrap, layer cheese, tomato, cheese, tomato, and cheese. This keeps for several days in refrigerator. Serve with Cayenne Toast. Cayenne Toast: Whisk ingredients (except bread) together. Cut bread into 1/4-inch slices. Spread oil mixture on each slice with a pastry brush. Bake on ungreased sheet in a 200° oven for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Facts Serves
SPICY SHRIMP & SUN DRIED TOMATO DIP RECIPE - (4.3/5)
Provided by KennyB07
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine mayonnaise mixture with remaining ingredients in medium bowl. Chill 1 hour. Serve with your favorite cut up vegetables and crackers or pita chips for dipping.
More about "spicy cayenne toasts with sun dried tomato spread recipes"
SUN DRIED TOMATO DIP - EAT YOURSELF SKINNY
SPICY SUN-DRIED TOMATO BASIL CHICKPEA SPREAD
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND NAVY BEAN SPREAD - ROOTTOFORK.COM
GRILLED TUNA STEAKS WITH SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE
CAYENNE SPIKED SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO | RECIPE | TOMATO PESTO, …
PETERSEN FAMILY RECIPES - CAYENNE TOAST W/SUN DRIED …
RECIPE: CAYENNE TOASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD — MICHAEL …
SHARE MY RECIPES: SPICY CAYENNE TOASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO …
SPICY CAYENNE TOASTS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD RECIPE | EAT …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD - 3.1 OZ - TERRAMARIMPORTS.COM
SPICY TOMATO SOUP RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
SUN-DRIED TOMATO TOASTS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
SUN-DRIED TOMATO AND ROASTED GARLIC MAYO RECIPE | SAUCED
SUN DRIED TOMATO RELISH WITH CAYENNE TOASTS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SUN DRIED TOMATO SPREAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CAYENNE SPIKED SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO | RECIPE | FOOD, SUN …
FOODSTYLE UNCORKED | SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD
SPICY SUN DRIED TOMATO SPREAD | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD RECIPE
CAYENNE SPIKED SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO - THEBIGMANSWORID.COM
SUN-DRIED-TOMATO RELISH WITH CAYENNE TOASTS | RECIPES …
SUN DRIED TOMATO CREAM CHEESE SPREAD RECIPES - YUMMLY
SIMPLE RED LENTIL SPREAD - GREEN EVI
SPICY SUN DRIED TOMATO AND CLAM SPREAD- WIKIFOODHUB
SPICY SHRIMP & SUN-DRIED TOMATO DIP - OPERATIONINTOUCH.COM
SUN-DRIED TOMATO TOAST | THE LAUGHING COW
SUN-DRIED TOMATO BISQUE - FIERY FOODS & BARBECUE CENTRAL
CAYENNE SPIKED SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO | RECIPE | FRUIT RECIPES …
SUNDRIED TOMATO AND JAPAPENO DIP – THE MARKET TABLE
10 BEST SUN DRIED TOMATO APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND CHIPOTLE PESTO - FIERY FOODS & BARBECUE …
CAYENNE SPIKED SUN DRIED TOMATO PESTO | RECIPE | TOMATO PESTO, …
SUN-DRIED TOMATO DIP - COLD CHEESE DIP RECIPES
SPICY SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD - BIGOVEN.COM
SUN DRIED TOMATO RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #flat-shapes #appetizers #breads #eggs-dairy #vegetables #american #easy #dinner-party #holiday-event #cheese #tomatoes #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love