SPICY BROWN SUGAR CARROTS
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat and add the carrots. Cook for 2 minutes, then drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a medium-size pot combine all the remaining ingredients, except the parsley, and bring to a simmer over low heat. Add the drained carrots and toss to combine. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes to incorporate flavors. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with parsley and serve.
SPICY GLAZED CARROTS
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir carrots with brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg in the hot oil until carrots are glazed, coated with spices, and tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 0.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 46.1 mg, Sugar 16.3 g
SPICED BUTTER-GLAZED CARROTS
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, cardamom pods with seeds, and garlic; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until onion is soft, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes. Add carrots; stir to coat. Add 1 cup chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until just tender, about 8 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to high, and boil until butter glazes carrots, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper. Do ahead Can be made 2 hours ahead. Rewarm over medium heat, adding more broth by tablespoonfuls as needed.
SPICED GLAZED CARROTS WITH SHERRY & CITRUS
While the turkey rests, take 15 minutes to whip up this simple, timeless preparation.
Provided by Susan Spungen
Yield Makes 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bring carrots, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 7-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer carrots to a medium bowl.
- Add clementine juice, 1 tablespoon Sherry, and ground cloves to skillet and cook until glaze forms, 7-8 minutes. Stir in carrots and remaining 1 tablespoon Sherry. Season carrots to taste with salt. DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over medium heat before continuing, adding water by teaspoonfuls if dry.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with tarragon and clementine zest.
SPICED GLAZED CARROTS
Packed with beta-carotene, these carrots flavored with honey, apple juice and cinnamon are hard to turn down. They boast a little kick that brings big flavor to your table! Nancy Zimmerman - Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender., Discard cinnamon stick. Add lemon juice and honey to carrots. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 81mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
GLAZED SPICED CARROTS
Glazed carrots are a classic side dish for all kinds of special occasions. They're the perfect accompaniment for all kinds of main entrees. This recipe is very easy to put together, leaving your oven and stove top free for other cooking creations. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into preserve mixture. Pour over carrots., Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender. Stir carrots; sprinkle with pecans if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290 calories, Fat 15g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 327mg sodium, Carbohydrate 39g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
GLAZED CARROTS WITH WHOLE SPICES AND ROSEMARY
- Peel and trim carrots, leaving 1 1/2 inches of greens intact. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add carrots; cook until bright and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately plunge into an ice-water bath. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk together sugar, vinegar, honey, and peppercorns.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, rosemary, and star anise; cook, stirring, until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in honey mixture. Season with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, turning carrots to coat.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast carrots until slightly caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle with oil, if desired.
SWEET AND SPICY CARROTS
- Mix carrots and orange juice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, place a cover on the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until carrots are tender-crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain carrots, reserving 1/4 cup of the orange juice.
- Return carrots and reserved juice to the pan and place over medium heat. Stir honey, apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, butter, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper with the carrots and juice; cook and stir until sugar dissolves completely and the carrots are glazed and tender, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.1 calories, Carbohydrate 38.6 g, Cholesterol 7.6 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 3.4 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 330.8 mg, Sugar 28.6 g
More about "spicy glazed carrots recipes"
SPICED GLAZED CARROTS WITH SHERRY AND CITRUS RECIPE
HONEY-SPICE GLAZED CARROTS - KITCHEN CONFIDANTE®
SWEET AND SPICY GLAZED CARROTS - LYDIA'S FLEXITARIAN KITCHEN
BAKED GARLIC BUTTER SPICY GLAZED CARROTS | CARIBBEAN GREEN LIVING
Servings 4Total Time 55 minsCategory Side Dish, Side DishesCalories 142 per serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an oven safe baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave proof small bowl, place butter and melt at intervals of 7 - 10 seconds. Combine butter, garlic, hot pepper sauce.
- Wash carrots thoroughly. Remove the skin and slice. Place carrots inside the dish and pour your melted butter mixture all over them. Using a spoon adjust carrots until all of them are coated.
- Bake, covered, for 40 - 50 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Adjust or baste carrots periodically. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate or just serve from your baking dish.
SUPER SIMPLE SPICY GLAZED CARROTS - MY SPICE SAGE
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
SPICY MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS — BUNS IN MY OVEN
SWEET & SPICY GLAZED CARROTS - TRADER JOE'S
SRIRACHA HONEY GLAZED GRILLED CARROTS - WHOLLY PLANTS BLOG
PERFECT MAPLE GLAZED SPICY CARROTS RECIPE
SPICY HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS | HAMILTONBEACH.COM
SPICY HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS - LOVE AS FOOD
SWEET & SPICY ROASTED CARROTS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SHOP BY CATEGORY - HAMILTONBEACH.CA
HONEY-GLAZED SPICED CARROTS | SOUTHERN LIVING
SPICED HONEY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE WITH PECANS - BRING ON THE …
SPICY GLAZED CARROTS - MIZ HELEN'S COUNTRY COTTAGE
SPICY BOURBON GLAZED CARROTS - THE CHUNKY CHEF
GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE WITH FIVE SPICE POWDER
SPICY HONEY ROASTED CARROTS - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
ZESTY GLAZED CARROTS | READY SET EAT
SPICY HONEY GARLIC GLAZED CARROTS
HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - A SPICED CANDIED CARROTS RECIPE
SPICY GLAZED CARROTS - THE BROOKLYN COOK
SPICY HONEY GLAZED CARROTS | A WICKED WHISK
QUICK MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS | A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
CARAMELIZED GARLIC CARROTS WITH SPICY CILANTRO SAUCE - AMBITIOUS …
SPICY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE - QUERICAVIDA.COM
SPICY GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
SPICY GLAZED CARROTS - PEPPERSCALE
OVEN ROASTED TURMERIC & CUMIN CARROTS - MAE'S MENU
ROASTED CARROTS WITH SPICY HONEY GLAZE - THIS MOMS MENU
GLAZED CARROTS WITH FIVE SPICE - THE COOKING JAR
SPICY HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS - EVERYDAY GOOD THINKING
SOUS VIDE SWEET AND SPICY GLAZED CARROTS - AMAZING FOOD MADE …
SPICED BUTTER-GLAZED CARROTS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
SWEET AND SPICY GLAZED CARROTS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
SPICED HONEY GLAZED CARROTS - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
You'll also love