SPICY VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK
This spicy vegetable curry dish with coconut milk was amazing. Our family ate it with flour tortillas. They enjoyed dipping the flour tortilla in the sauce. This dish will definitely be one of our favorite meals. Serve over flour tortillas, rice, or pasta.
Provided by Yani Perez
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Saute onion in the hot oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, broccoli, and peas.
- Mix curry powder, garlic powder, salt, cumin, ginger, and cayenne together in a small bowl and pour over vegetables. Cook and stir for 10 minutes. Add kale, coconut milk, and sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Mix and continue to cook until sauce is desired thickness, about 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.6 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Fat 19.7 g, Fiber 7.6 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 1074.3 mg, Sugar 5.7 g
VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK
This vegetable curry with coconut milk is a delicious way to get a lot of vegetables into your diet. Even better the next day!
Provided by jowolf2
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat ghee in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion, garlic, and curry powder. Cook and stir until onion is soft and curry powder is fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and carrots. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add potato and parsnip and continue to simmer, covered, until just tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and water; simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.7 calories, Carbohydrate 25.9 g, Cholesterol 21.9 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 17.7 g, Sodium 51 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
VIETNAMESE SPICY VEGETABLE CURRY
This Heart Smart vegetable curry was developed by Mai Pham for her book: "Best of Vietnamese and Thai Cooking" and is served at her restaurant, "Lemongrass" in Sacramento. She substitutes low fat milk for coconut milk to keep the saturated fat content down. I suggest adding a little coconut flavoring. Also a Vietnamese brand of curry powder such as Golden Bells would be preferred, or use a brand that is low in cumin and fennel.
Provided by lynnski LA
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat canola oil in a wok or large saucepan, over moderate heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, and chili paste and stir until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the soy sauce, lemon grass and ginger and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add the low fat milk and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots and potatoes, and reduce the heat and let simmer until they soften a bit, in about 20 minutes.
- Then add the onions, cauliflower, green beans and cook until they begin to soften, another 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the lime leaves and basil leaves.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.9, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 9.2, Sodium 939.1, Carbohydrate 59.5, Fiber 9.8, Sugar 27.5, Protein 13.8
More about "spicy vegetable curry with coconut milk recipes"
RECIPE: SPICY VEGETABLE AND POTATO CURRY | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Servings 6Calories 130 per servingTotal Time 55 mins
- Place a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat and add cinnamon, cumin, turmeric and coriander; stir constantly until fragrant and then add broth mixture.
RECIPE: SPICY SHRIMP & VEGETABLE CURRY WITH JASMINE RICE ...
4.1/5 Total Time 35 minsCuisine AsianCalories 700 per serving
SPICY VEGETABLE COCONUT CURRY RECIPE - THE KITCHEN FOODIE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
SLOW COOKER SPICY MADRAS VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT …
Ratings 2Category MainCuisine IndianTotal Time 4 hrs
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the curry powder, cornstarch or arrowroot starch, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Mix together and sprinkle onto the sweet potato cubes in the slow cooker.
- Layer on top the sweet pepper, onion, cauliflower, carrot, garlic, ginger, garbanzo beans and the coconut milk. Set the slow cooker to HIGH heat for 3 ½ hours. Stir a few times during the cooking to coat the vegetables with the liquid.
- At 3 ½ hours add the peas and stir into the curry. The curry is done when the sweet potatoes and carrots are cooked (usually 3 ½ hours or a bit longer).
HOT AND SPICY VEGETABLE CURRY RECIPE - ¡HOLA! JALAPEÑO
Servings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or other pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to brown. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute more.
- Add cauliflower, season again with salt and pepper and cook until slightly tender. Add carrots, season with salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes more. Add sweet potato and season again with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes become tender around the edges. Add tomatoes and season again with salt and pepper, cook until tomatoes release their juices, about 2 minutes.
- Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne and stir until vegetables are coated. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Pour in broth and scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with the back of the spoon. Add coconut milk and cinnamon stick and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes; discard cinnamon stick.
- Stir in garbanzo beans, spinach lime juice, cilantro, and raisins. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve over steamed rice.
VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK AND PINEAPPLE - RECIPES
5/5 (17)Calories 207 per servingCategory Main Course
- Chop the veggies + onion and put everything in a large pan or pot with a little bit oil and fry on medium heat for about 8-9 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Stir frequently.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas (or beans of choice) and add them to the pan together with the pineapple chunks.
- Add coconut milk, all spices + salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10 minutes or longer (for a thicker curry). You can also add 1-2 tsp of cornstarch (mix it with some coconut milk before you add it) to make the curry sauce even thicker.
- Serve the curry with cooked rice of choice, potatoes, or naan bread. Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!
SPICY COCONUT VEGETABLE STIR FRY - BUDGET BYTES
Ratings 57Calories 630 per servingCategory Easy, Fast, Vegan, Vegetarian
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, peanut butter, sriracha, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, minced garlic, and grated ginger. If needed, gently heat the sauce in the microwave or in a sauce pot to help the peanut butter melt into the coconut milk. Taste the sauce and adjust the heat (sriracha), salt (soy sauce), sweetness (brown sugar), or tartness (lime juice) to your liking.
- Chop your vegetables, if not pre-chopped. Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the vegetables to the skillet in order of hardest to softest to allow harder vegetables, like carrots, more time to cook and to avoid over cooking softer vegetables. Stir fry the vegetables only for about 1-2 minutes, or just until they begin to soften on the edges because they will cook further once the sauce is added. If using a tender green, like spinach, wait to add it to the skillet until after the sauce has been added.
- Pour the prepared spicy coconut sauce over the vegetables, stir to combine, and allow the sauce to heat through (about 2 minutes). If you are using a tender green, like spinach, stir it into the hot sauce and stir just until it has wilted.
- To serve, spoon the vegetables and sauce over a bowl of hot rice, or add pre-cooked noodles to the skillet and toss with the vegetables and sauce until combined. Top with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over top.
SPICY COCONUT CURRY SCALLOPS | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
4.9/5 (10)Category Appetizer, DinnerCuisine UniversalTotal Time 35 mins
SPICY THAI COCONUT CURRY | PETA
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
SPICY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE CURRY - CITRONLIMETTE
5/5 (1)Servings 6
VEGETABLE CURRY WITH CHICKPEAS & COCONUT MILK
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine WorldCalories 394 per serving
VEGETABLE CURRY - MORE.CTV.CA
Servings 5-6Total Time 1 hrCategory Dinner
SPICY VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES
RECIPE - CURRY SOUP WITH SPICY CILANTRO COCONUT PESTO
VEGGIE CURRY - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
EASY SPICY LENTIL AND VEGETABLE CURRY
10 BEST INDIAN VEGETABLE CURRY COCONUT MILK RECIPES | …
10 BEST SPICY VEGETABLE CURRY VEGETARIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SPICY VEGETABLE CURRY VEGETARIAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEG COCONUT CURRY RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
SPICY VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK - VEGETARIAN
AJINOMOTO | VEGETABLE CURRY RECIPE - AJINOMOTO
VEGETABLE CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make carrot curry with coconut milk?Add carrot mixture and keep tossing for 5 to 7 minutes. Add coconut milk and water. Bring to boil and simmer with a lid on until the carrots are tender.
How to cook vegetables on the stove with coconut milk?Add coconut milk and carrots. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add potato and parsnip and continue to simmer, covered, until just tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and water; simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
What is the best curry recipe to make at home?Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Stir frequently. Drain and rinse chickpeas (or beans of choice) and add them to the pan together with the pineapple chunks. Add coconut milk, all spices + salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10 minutes or longer (for a thicker curry).
How do you cook ghee with coconut milk?Heat ghee in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion, garlic, and curry powder. Cook and stir until onion is soft and curry powder is fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and carrots. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.