STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA
- Place the water, 1/2 sugar, and mint in a small pan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to help dissolve the sugar. Let simmer over low heat to steep the mint. Then strain the mint from the simple syrup. Discard the mint.
- In a food processor combine 2 cups of strawberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Run the machine to puree the strawberries. Add the mascarpone cheese, lemon juice, and salt. Run the machine until the mascarpone cheese is fully incorporated. Add the mint simple syrup and run the machine to combine. Place the strawberry mixture in an 8 by 8-inch glass dish and place the dish in the freezer. The mixture will take about 4 hours to freeze.
- To serve, use a fork to scrape the granita. Spoon the mixture into chilled bowls. Top with the finely chopped strawberries. Serve immediately.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl with the sugar and stir to coat the berries. Line another bowl with a double layer of cheesecloth and add the berries.
- Gather opposite corners of the cheesecloth and tie tightly. Repeat with the other two corners, leaving the knot open to slip in a wooden spoon handle. Propping the spoon across the top of a large bowl, suspend the berries. Refrigerate overnight.
- Squeeze as much juice as possible from the berries. Correct for sugar and stir in the salt. Reserve the pulp for jam.
- Pour the strawberry juice into a nonstick baking dish. Freeze for several hours. Use a spatula to cut and scrape the frozen juice into an ice the consistency of snow. Refreeze before serving. Place a few scoops of granita in a bowl and drizzle a few drops of the vinegar over it. Serve.
- To make the sugar syrup, combine 3/4 cup water and 4 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Place half the strawberries in a blender with the sugar syrup, lemon juice, and vodka, if using. Puree. Transfer to a fine mesh sieve and press on puree, pushing the pulp through. Discard seeds remaining in sieve.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 8-inch square pan. Freeze 2 to 3 hours, or until almost completely frozen. Scrape granita with a fork to make it flaky. Freeze for another hour and scrape again. When ready to serve, scrape again.
- About 30 minutes before serving, quarter remaining strawberries lengthwise and transfer to a bowl. Add remaining tablespoon sugar, pepper, and vinegar; mash slightly with a fork, keeping mixture chunky. Add basil.
- To serve, scrape some granita into 4 glasses and top with smashed strawberries.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110 g, Protein 1 g
STRAWBERRY & MASCARPONE GRANITA
- Place 1/2 cup of the sugar and the mint leaves in a small pan with 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to help dissolve the sugar.
- Let simmer over low heat for 5 minutes to steep the mint. Strain the mint from the simple syrup. Discard the mint.
- In a food processor, combine the 2 cups of coarsely chopped strawberries with the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Run the machine to puree the strawberries.
- Add the mascarpone, lemon juice and salt and process until the mascarpone is fully incorporated.
- Add the mint simple syrup and combine.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into and 8x8 inch glass dish, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- The mixture will take about 4 hours to freeze.
- To serve, use a fork to scrape the granita.
- Spoon the mixture into chilled bowls.
- Top with the finely diced strawberries.
- Serve Immedietlely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 99.1, Fat 0.2, Sodium 27.3, Carbohydrate 25.3, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 22.3, Protein 0.6
STRAWBERRY, CITRUS, AND CHAMPAGNE GRANITA
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 3/4 cup water in heavy small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and boil 1 minute. Cool. Refrigerate syrup until cold, about 45 minutes.
- Puree enough strawberries (about 6 large) in blender to yield 1/2 cup puree. Transfer strawberry puree to large bowl. Mix grapefruit juice, Champagne, lemon juice and chilled syrup into strawberry puree. Pour mixture into 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Freeze Champagne mixture until icy at edge of pan, about 55 minutes. Whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Freeze again until icy at edge of pan and overall texture is slushy, about 40 minutes. Whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Cover and freeze until mixture is solid, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, slice remaining strawberries. Place in large bowl and toss with remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup Grand Marnier. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Using fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming ice flakes. (Granita can be prepared up to 2 days ahead of time. Cover and freeze until ready to serve.) Divide sliced strawberries equally among 6 wineglasses. Top with granita and serve immediately.
FRESH STRAWBERRY GRANITA
You can make and serve this gorgeous Italian frozen iced dessert anytime, but it's really best enjoyed during the summer months. Not only is it cold and delicious, but it forces you to stick your hot, sweaty face in the freezer four or five times to stir. The technique of using a fork several times to mix the freezing granita results in perfect icy crystals.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Rinse strawberries with cold water; let drain. Transfer berries to a blender and add sugar, water, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt.
- Pulse several times to get the mixture moving, then blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into a large baking dish. Puree should only be about 3/8 inch deep in the dish.
- Place dish uncovered in the freezer until mixture barely begins to freeze around the edges, about 45 minutes. Mixture will still be slushy in the center.
- Lightly stir the crystals from the edge of the granita mixture into the center, using a fork, and mix thoroughly. Close freezer and chill until granita is nearly frozen, 30 to 40 more minutes. Mix lightly with a fork as before, scraping the crystals loose. Repeat freezing and stirring with the fork 3 to 4 times until the granita is light, crystals are separate, and granita looks dry and fluffy.
- Portion granita into small serving bowls to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.8 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Fat 0.3 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 0.8 g, Sodium 26.3 mg, Sugar 13.9 g
FRESH STRAWBERRY GRANITA
- Stir first 3 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves. Blend 3 cups strawberries in processor until smooth. Add sugar syrup and blend until combined.
- Pour mixture into 13x9x2-inch nonstick metal baking pan. Freeze until icy around edges, about 25 minutes. Using fork, stir icy portions into middle of pan. Freeze until mixture is frozen, stirring edges into center every 20 to 30 minutes, about 1 1/2 hours. Using fork, scrape granita into flaky crystals. Cover tightly and freeze. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep frozen.) Scrape granita into bowls. Garnish with berries and serve.
STRAWBERRY & MINT GRANITA
This light frozen dessert is smooth and slushy, like those from the east of Italy - a perfect palate cleanser to finish a dinner party menu
Provided by Chelsie Collins
Categories Dessert, Treat
Yield Makes 4
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Put the sugar and 100ml water in a medium saucepan over a low heat, and stir now and again until the sugar dissolves. Don't let the syrup boil.
- Meanwhile, tip the strawberries into a food processor and blend to a purée. Pour into the sugar syrup with the mint leaves and turn up the heat. Simmer for about 5 mins until the mixture thickens slightly. Once thickened, strain through a fine sieve to get rid of any seeds and leaves. Allow to cool for 15 mins.
- Pour into a container and freeze for 1 hr, then rake the top layer with a fork and put back in the freezer. Repeat every hour for the next 4 hrs until the mix becomes a crystallised slush. Serve in glasses with a sprig of mint on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 31 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein
More about "strawberry and mascarpone granita recipes"
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA : RECIPES : COOKING …
Servings 4-6Total Time 4 hrs 13 minsCategory Dessert
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA RECIPE | GIADA DE …
Servings 4-6Total Time 4 hrs 13 mins
STRAWBERRY GRANITA DESSERT RECIPE | WE ARE NOT MARTHA
STRAWBERRY MACARPONE GRANITA | GRANITA, STRAWBERRY, RECIPES
STRAWBERRY LEMON GRANITA - COOKING WITH NONNA
STRAWBERRY, MINT AND MASCARPONE GRANITA RECIPE
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA – RECIPES NETWORK
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY GRANITA | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
STRAWBERRY GRANITA: A FROZEN ITALIAN DESSERT - CHOPNOTCH
STRAWBERRY-BALSAMIC GRANITA - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH MERINGUE RECIPE - GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS
TALBOT TASTE: STRAWBERRY & MASCARPONE GRANITA
STRAWBERRY AND CHAMPAGNE GRANITA | RICARDO
STRAWBERRY LIME GRANITA - SWEET LIZZY
STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE - GEOFFREY ZAKARIAN | FOOD & WINE
STRAWBERRY-CHAMPAGNE GRANITA RECIPE - ANDREW ZIMMERN | FOOD …
10 BEST STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
STRAWBERRY GRANITA (FROZEN STRAWBERRY DESSERT) SICILIAN-STYLE
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS - STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA | GIADA …
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH MASCARPONE CHEESE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY GRANITA WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR | RICARDO
STRAWBERRY BASIL GRANITA | LINDA'S ITALIAN TABLE
STRAWBERRY & MASCARPONE GRANITA (KITCHENPC)
STRAWBERRY GRANITA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
STRAWBERRY GRANITA ORIGINAL SICILIAN RECIPE - SOLO-DOLCE
MILK CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU | METRO
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SICILIAN GRANITA - THE PETITE COOK™
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA RECIPE
STRAWBERRY GRANITA | CLASSIC BAKES
ROSé STRAWBERRY GRANITA COCKTAIL AND MOCKTAIL - AMANDA WILENS
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY GRANITA - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
STRAWBERRY AND MASCARPONE GRANITA RECIPE
Strawberry Granita Recipe - Frozen Italian Fruit Dessert2.8K views-02:23
Strawberry and Mascarpone Granita8.2K views-03:19
Strawberry granita: the fresh and delicate dessert to prepare at home!491 views-03:09
Basil Granita in Strawberry Elixir Recipe - Cooking with Bosch997 views-01:41
How to make strawberry granita recipe | Frozen fruit dessert | Italian dessert recipe1.1K views-03:16
Basil Granita in Strawberry Elixir Recipe - Cooking with Bosch114 views-01:41
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make a strawberry Granita?In a large blender add half the strawberries and water and blend until pureed. Fold in the remaining strawberries and water, add sugar and lemon juice and blend until creamy and well combined. 2. Transfer the granita mixture into a large metal container ( it will shorten freezing times than using a plastic one) cover and put in the freezer.
Can you freeze a strawberry Granita?The granita looks like sparkling jewels when you serve it in tall glasses – and it contains hardly any calories! This is the recipe to make when there's a real glut of ripe strawberries. It's a much nicer way to conserve them than simply freezing them. The granita looks like sparkling jewels when you serve it
How many calories are in a strawberry Granita?The granita looks like sparkling jewels when you serve it in tall glasses – and it contains hardly any calories! This is the recipe to make when there's a real glut of ripe strawberries.
What do you serve with Strawberry Granita?Strawberry Granita. The mellowed acidity of aged balsamic vinegar pairs perfectly with the sugary sweetness of strawberries. For a special presentation, garnish with wild strawberries.