STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 2 9" cake pans.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients alternately to shortening mixture with buttermilk.
- Stir in nuts and strawberries.
- Bake at 350, for about 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 468.2, Fat 19.6, SaturatedFat 5, Cholesterol 80.2, Sodium 546, Carbohydrate 66.6, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 40.1, Protein 8
STRAWBERRY NUT BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat together the eggs and oil and pour them into the well. Stir just enough to moisten the ingredients. Fold in the strawberries and nuts. Pour mixture into prepared pans; fill containers no more than half full.
- Bake in a preheated oven about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 20 to 30 minutes before removing from pans. Move to a rack to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.9 calories, Carbohydrate 36.7 g, Cholesterol 37.2 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 135.8 mg, Sugar 21.1 g
STRAWBERRY JELLY CAKE
This layer cake is affectionately referred to as "Grandma's Cake" by many Southerners. Using jelly as the filling and the frosting is a wonderful way to add fruity flavor to a cake year-round. The jelly seeps into the cake, so there's no need to brush on a simple syrup to keep it moist. This recipe uses cake flour, which has less protein than all-purpose flour and yields a more tender crumb. But it can be prone to clumping. Sift it into the mixing bowl, or use a whisk to aerate it and break up any lumps. "Frost" the sides of the cake with jelly or buttercream, or just let it drip down the sides. When making this cake in the summer, you can top it with sliced fresh strawberries.
Provided by Vallery Lomas
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Using baking spray, grease and flour 3 (8- or 9-inch) cake pans.
- Sift the 3 cups cake flour and the baking powder into a medium bowl. Add the salt and stir to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a large bowl using an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, and alternate adding the flour mixture and milk, one third at a time, until both are fully incorporated.
- Scrape down the mixer attachments, and the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat just until the batter comes together. (Don't overmix.) Pour the batter evenly into the cake pans.
- Bake until the cake is browned on top, and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the cake pans on a wire rack. Let the cakes cool in the pans completely, about 30 minutes, before inverting onto the rack.
- Once the cake layers are cool, add the strawberry jelly to a small bowl and microwave in 10-second intervals, just until the jelly becomes spreadable.
- To assemble, place a layer of cake on the serving dish, then spread ½ cup of jelly on top. Repeat with the remaining two layers, adding more jelly on top to drizzle down the cake. Top with fresh, sliced strawberries.
STRAWBERRY COCONUT CAKE
This cake has an exciting strawberry flavor; the pink layers burst against a bright white frosting with a tangy cream cheese accent.
Provided by Jocelyn Delk Adams
Yield Serves 18-22
Number Of Ingredients 21
- For the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Liberally prepare 3 9-inch round pans with the nonstick method of your choice.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream together the granulated sugar and butter on medium-high speed until nice and fluffy, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the strawberries in your food processor and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- With your stand mixer running, add the eggs 1 at a time, combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Change your mixer speed to medium-low and add the strawberry purée slowly into the batter. Continue mixing while you tend to the dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add ½ of the flour mixture to your stand mixer bowl. Continue to mix on low speed to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and oil and add to your stand mixer bowl.
- Pour in the remaining flour mixture and continue to mix on low until well incorporated. Add the vanilla extract, strawberry extract, and food coloring, if using. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix the batter until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Evenly pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 23 to 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a layer comes out clean.
- Let the layers cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks. Let cool to room temperature. Lightly cover the layers with foil or plastic wrap so they do not dry out.
- For the frosting:
- Clean your stand mixer bowl and whisk attachment. Beat the cream cheese on high speed until it begins to thicken and become fluffy.
- Turn your mixer down to low speed and carefully add the confectioners' sugar. Once the sugar is fully incorporated, turn your mixer speed back to high and continue whipping.
- Add the heavy cream; vanilla extract; coconut extract, if using; and salt and continue to mix until a smooth, light, and fluffy frosting is achieved.
- To assemble:
- Once the layers are completely cooled, place 1 layer on a serving plate. Spread just the top of the layer with ⅓ of the frosting. Add the second layer and spread with another ⅓ of the frosting. Add the final layer, bottom-side up, and spread with the remaining frosting. Frost the top and the side of the cake. Gently pat the side and the top of the cake with coconut flakes. Serve at room temperature.
STRAWBERRY NUT ROLL
The oldest of seven children, I did a lot of cooking and baking while I was growing up. Desserts like this refreshing rolled shortcake are my favorite. The nutty cake, creamy filling and fresh strawberries make pretty swirled slices.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place egg whites in large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside. , In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in walnuts and break crumbs. Sift flour and salt together twice; gradually add to yolk mixture and mix well (batter will be very thick). , In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread evenly into prepared pan. , Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. , Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack. Slice six large strawberries in half; set aside for garnish. Thinly slice remaining berries; set aside. , For the filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in of edges. Top with sliced berries. Roll up again. , Place, seam side down, on serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Garnish with reserved strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts :
STRAWBERRY CAKE AND FROSTING I
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, gelatin mix and flour. Make a well in the center and pour in water, oil, and eggs. Stir in half of the container of strawberries. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the Strawberry Frosting: In a large bowl combine butter, confectioners' sugar and the remaining half of the frozen strawberries. Beat on high speed until creamy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625.9 calories, Carbohydrate 94.8 g, Cholesterol 83.2 mg, Fat 26.6 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 390.7 mg, Sugar 77 g
More about "strawberry nut cake recipes"
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE RECIPE : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory Desserts
STRAWBERRY COCONUT CAKE - EASY AND DELCIOUS DESSERT PERFECT FOR …
FRESH STRAWBERRY CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
STRAWBERRY CAKE ICING RECIPE SCRATCH - THERESCIPES.INFO
EASY STRAWBERRY CAKE | PEANUT ALLERGY MOM
STRAWBERRY FUNNEL CAKE FRAPPUCCINO RECIPE - LIONHEARTED WEBLOGS …
BUNDT BANANA NUT BREAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE - PLAIN.RECIPES
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE - PLAIN.RECIPES
STRAWBERRY-NUT CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RECIPE: STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE RECIPE
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TIGER NUT RECIPE: STRAWBERRY CAKE WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING
OLD-FASHIONED STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
STRAWBERRY FLOWER NUT CAKE RECIPE: OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE RECIPE | RECIPE | STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPES, …
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE WITH FROSTING - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BEST EVER STRAWBERRY CAKE - SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY
STRAWBERRY NUT POUND CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE WITH FROSTING - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
STRAWBERRY CAKE DOUGHNUT RECIPE - ONLY FROM SCRATCH
RECIPE: STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE — EAT RUN LIFT
STRAWBERRY LAYER CAKE - COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
STRAWBERRY CRUNCH CAKE (EASY RECIPE) - INSANELY GOOD
STRAWBERRY BIRTHDAY CAKE :: GLUTEN, EGG, NUT, & DYE FREE
EASY CRANBERRY NUT DESSERT : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
FRESH STRAWBERRY CAKE (NO ARTIFICAL COLORS OR FLAVORS) - BUTTERNUT …
STRAWBERRY CAKE | RICARDO
THE BEST STRAWBERRY NUT BREAD RECIPE EVER - FAMILY SAVVY
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY CAKE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
STRAWBERRY AND NUT CAKE RECIPE > KITCHEN
EASY CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CAKE - HEY RACHEL MARION
STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THE EASIEST STRAWBERRY MUG CAKE | TABLE FOR TWO
STRAWBERRY NUT CAKE RECIPE | RECIPE | DESSERT CAKE RECIPES, …
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #preparation
You'll also love