BAKED STUFFED CLAMS
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Cook onion until softened but not browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute, stirring, just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine, and bring to a simmer. Add clams, and stir to combine. Cover and steam until clams have opened, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Use a slotted spoon to transfer clams to a rimmed baking sheet to cool, discarding any that do not open. Strain clam broth through a fine sieve, and reserve broth for making stuffing.
- When clams are cool enough to handle, remove all meat, and reserve. Remove half of each clam shell, and discard. Arrange the remaining halves on a rimmed baking sheet. Cut each clam into Â½-inch pieces; return pieces to shell. (Clams can be prepared to this point up to 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Dividing evenly, press Herbed Breadcrumb Stuffing into clam shells, smoothing with the back of a spoon. Bake until tops are golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Nestle clams on seaweed, if desired, and serve immediately.
SUPERBOWL STUFFED CLAMS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean clam shells. With a scrubby, run under water and scrub the outside of each shell, well, then rinse and set aside. Do each shell until all 12 are cleaned and rinsed off.
- I did (6) clams at a time, straining the liquid through a coffee filter in a colander into another pot to cook the remaining (6) clams, but if you have a pot big enough to hold all 12 clams in a single layer, you can cook all 12 at once. Place clams in bottom of pan, in a single layer. Add: about 1/2 to 3/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1/4 cup dry white wine, 1 tsp dried oregano. 1 teaspoons dried parsley, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- Cover and steam until clam shells open, somewhere's between 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove clams and again strain the clam liquid through a coffee filter in a colander. Separate shells, by twisting and pulling apart. Trim edges where connected with knife to smooth shell edges. Set aside.
- Chop clams, set aside. Open can of diced clams, set aside.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and celery, cook until translucent. Cook scallops in a separate pan till almost done. Then stir chopped clams, add can of diced clams with liquid, chopped crab meat, cooked scallops with any liquid, chopped shrimp, parsley, lemon pepper, into the onion and celery mixture. Reduce heat to low, and add bread crumbs, then slowly pour in strained clam juice from cooked clams until mixture is slightly sticky, but not wet. The bread crumbs will continue to absorb moisture, you don't want to add too much clam juice or it will be too mushy.
- Fill each clean clam shell with mixture, pressing tightly into shell. Arrange on a baking sheet, and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and sizzling.
- If frozen, bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve warm on a platter with lemon wedges. Servings: 12.
DAD'S FAMOUS STUFFIES
The third of July is almost as important as July Fourth in my family. We make these stuffed clams on the third every year, and it's an event in and of itself! -Karen Barros, Bristol, Rhode Island
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Add 2 in. water to a stockpot. Add clams and chourico; bring to a boil. Cover and steam 15-20 minutes or until clams open., Remove clams and sausage from pot, reserving 2 cups cooking liquid; cool slightly. Discard any unopened clams., Preheat oven to 350°. Remove clam meat from shells. Separate shells; reserve 30 half-shells for stuffing. Place clam meat in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl., Remove casings from sausage; cut sausage into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Place in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add sausage, onion and seafood seasoning to chopped clams. Stir in stuffing cubes. Add reserved cooking liquid and enough water to reach desired moistness, about 1 cup., Spoon clam mixture into reserved shells. Place in 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Preheat broiler., Broil clams 4-6 in. from heat 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with lemon wedges and pepper sauce. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked stuffed clams in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan until firm. Transfer to freezer containers; return to freezer. To use, place 3 stuffed clams on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave on high until heated through, 3-4 minutes. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Fat 11g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 71mg cholesterol, Sodium 1188mg sodium, Carbohydrate 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
BAKED STUFFED CLAMS
My clams are requested all the time. They are the perfect appetizer for any occasion and so easy to make. Definitely guaranteed to rival anything you get in a restaurant! Great to freeze and have as a quick snack anytime. (Note: if you don't have clam shells, form tin foil into clam shaped cups, and proceed as directed.)
Provided by Danielle Merk
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- In a large frying pan, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until translucent. Stir in clams, crab meat, parsley, lemon pepper, and bread crumbs. Reduce heat to low, and slowly pour in clam juice until mixture is slightly sticky, but not wet. The bread crumbs will continue to absorb moisture, so be careful not to add too much clam juice.
- Fill each clean clam shell with mixture, pressing tightly into shell. Arrange on a baking sheet, and sprinkle lightly with paprika. (Stuffed shells may be covered and frozen at this point for later use.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and sizzling. If frozen, bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve warm on a platter with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 258 calories, Carbohydrate 30 g, Cholesterol 38.5 mg, Fat 8.8 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 15.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 385.5 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
- Saute chopped onions, diced pepper and sliced mushrooms in 1/4 cup butter. Add to chopped clams, and season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the clam mixture to crushed Ritz crackers and 1/4 cup of melted butter until the mixture holds together but is not too greasy.
- Stuff the clam shells with the mixture and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Cook bacon in microwave oven or on stove top. Let cool and crumble into medium bowl. Add onion, parsley and bread crumbs. Chop up clams and add to breadcrumb mixture. Moisten with reserved clam liquor. Season with salt, pepper, squirt of lemon and a dash of Tabasco sauce. Fill clam shells with mixture and place in a baking dish. Top clams with dots of butter and more bread crumbs. Broil until browned. Serve.
EASY DELICIOUS STUFFED CLAMS
This is a quick and easy appetizer or side dish for seafood lovers. Don't let the ease of preparation or the minimal ingredients fool you; these stuffed clams are full of flavor and are absolutely delicious! They will dress up any meal and are always a big hit.
Provided by Tere Gill
Categories Other Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- 1. (*Note: I save and freeze clam juice from canned clams that I use in different recipes. You may use the reserved juice of the drained clams plus one 8 oz. bottle of clam juice and enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups total.)
- 2. Drain clams in small strainer over a 2 cup measuring cup; set clams aside.
- 3. Add enough clam juice and water to the cup to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- 4. Pour clam juice into a microwavable bowl; add 4 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning; cover bowl with lid or wax paper; microwave on high power for 3 1/2 minutes or until it begins to boil
- 5. Remove from microwave, add dry stuffing mix (and seasoning packet, if included;) stir well. Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 6. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 7. Add clams to mixture; mix to combine well.
- 8. Spoon mixture into empty, clean clam shells. Place filled shells in a 9"X13" baking dish or on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- 9. Place remaining 1 tablespoon butter in small microwavable cup; cover with small piece of wax paper or paper towel to prevent splatter; microwave on high power for 10 to 15 seconds to melt butter.
- 10. Brush or spoon butter evenly over each stuffed shell.
- 11. Lightly sprinkle each with a little extra old bay seasoning.
- 12. Bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes. Garnish as desired. Serve hot or warm. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
More about "stuffed clams recipes"
STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE - HUNTER ANGLER GARDENER COOK
4.9/5 (8)Category AppetizerCuisine AmericanCalories 135 per serving
- Once you have your green peppers ready and your clams ground or chopped, preheat your oven to 350F. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and saute the onion and celery until softened and translucent, but not browned. Salt them as they cook.
- Remove the vegetables to a bowl to cool. When they are cooled, mix well with the clams, the chopped green pepper, Tabasco, Worcestershire, cheese and half of the crushed Ritz crackers. Stir in enough of the clam juices to make a thick paste.
- Stuff the mixture into clam shells or ramekins or small, oven-proof bowls. Top with the remaining crushed crackers and drizzle the remaining butter over them. Grind black pepper over them.
- Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes. I like to put the clam shells on a baking sheet so I can take them all out at once. Serve with lemon wedges.
BAKED STUFFED CLAMS (STUFFIES) - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.1/5 (24)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCuisine New EnglandCalories 286 per serving
PERFECT BAKED STUFFED CLAMS - PROUD ... - PROUD ITALIAN …
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
STUFFED CLAMS - NEW ENGLAND TODAY
Servings 6-8Estimated Reading Time 1 min
10 BEST BAKED STUFFED CLAMS RECIPES - YUMMLY
BAKED STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE - PBS FOOD
EASY STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE | "STUFFIES" - SUPER SEAFOOD …
STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Sauté celery, mushrooms, green pepper, green onion, and 1 tablespoon parsley in 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour, and cook 1 additional minute. Add clams and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir about one-fourth of clam mixture into egg; add egg mixture to remaining clam mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and garlic powder. Place 1 tablespoon of clam mixture into greased clam shells. Set clam shells aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and melted butter; toss lightly. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over clam mixture. Top with 1/4 cup parsley, and sprinkle with paprika.
- To bake, pour enough rock salt into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish to cover bottom (salt helps shells sit upright); arrange filled shells on salt. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
BAKED STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI - FOOD & WINE
4/5 Total Time 40 minsServings 6
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the upper third. Spoon the chopped clams into the reserved shells and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the panko with the parsley, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until it resembles moist sand; season very lightly with salt and pepper. If the panko seems too dry, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Spoon the panko over the clams and press lightly. Dot each clam with a small cube of butter.
- Bake the clams until the crumbs are sizzling and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsCategory < 30 MinsCalories 610 per serving
EASY BAKED STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE (CLAMS ... - WICKED SPATULA
4.8/5 (4)Total Time 10 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 411 per serving
- In a small pan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Throw in the onion, red pepper, garlic, chorizo, paprika, and cayenne. Cook until the pepper and onion are soft and the chorizo is browned ,about 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
NEW ENGLAND STYLE STUFFED CLAMS - CAROLINE'S COOKING
5/5 (7)Total Time 45 minsCategory Appetizer/StarterCalories 221 per serving
- Rinse the clams of any grit then steam clams in around 1in/23cm boiling water until they open up, around 8-10min. Remove them from the water (save some of it), allow the clams to cool then take them off the shell - if a bit gets stuck don't worry about it, that's the 'foot' that's not as tender to eat. Dice up the clam meat relatively small. Split the shells open and keep 8 of the best for stuffing. NB if clams don't open on steaming, don't use them, this means they were already dead.
- Warm the butter in a skillet/frying pan and soften the onion in the butter for a minute or two. Then add the garlic and pepper and cook another minute before adding the breadcrumbs.
STUFFED CLAMS - KITCHEN DREAMING
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 127 per serving
- Fill a deep, wide skillet with about 1/2 inch of water, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the quahogs in one layer and cover. Steam the clams for about 4-5 minutes. As soon as the shells open, remove the clams from the skillet, and discard any that don't open. Retain the cooking liquid, and rinse out the skillet before proceeding to step 6.
- Next, remove the clam meat, but not the adductor muscle portion that attaches the two halves of the shell (this is tough). Chop the meat into small pieces. Reserve 12 clam shells for step 9.
DICK'S AMAZING STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
5/5 Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 30
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the pepperoni and chorizo in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Transfer to a bowl. .
- In a large pot, bring 2 inches of water to a boil. Add the clams, cover and steam over high heat until they open, about 5 minutes. Transfer the clams to a bowl. Pour the broth into a glass measuring cup, stopping when you reach the grit at the bottom. Remove the clams from their shells. Separate the shells and reserve. Discard the round muscles on both sides of each clam; quarter the clams. In a food processor, coarsely chop the clams.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the Italian sausage over moderate heat, breaking up the clumps; stir until no pink remains, about 5 minutes. Scrape the sausage into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and browned, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved pepperoni and chorizo and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Scrape the mixture into the large bowl. Add the diced bread and the clams and stir in 2 cups of the reserved clam broth. Lightly pack the stuffing into the shells.
PERFECT GRILLED STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE - FULTON FISH MARKET
- Place clams directly on the hot grill and wait for them to open, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove from the grill and place on a tray to cool slightly.
- While the clams are cooling, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until golden, 3-5 minutes.
- Once the clams are cool enough to handle, remove clam meat from the shell and chop. Take the butter and shallot mixture off the heat, then add the chopped clams, 2 cups of breadcrumbs, 1 cup of parmesan, tarragon and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
OLD-FASHIONED STUFFED BAKED CLAMS - COOKING MELANGERY
3.5/5 (21)Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
STUFFED CLAMS - A COMPETITION WINNING RECIPE - ME AND THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CLAMS OREGANATA APP AKA ITALIAN STUFFED ...
Author Evan Bleier
DICK'S AMAZING STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE - MARTHA GREENLAW ...
CLAMS OREGANATA - STUFFED WITH GARLICKY BREADCRUMBS - SIP ...
MARTHA'S BAKED STUFFED CLAMS RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
RECIPE - STUFFED BAKED CLAMS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #appetizers #side-dishes #seafood #american #dietary #shellfish #clams
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make stuffed clams at home?Stuffed Clams. Ingredients. Directions. Saute chopped onions, diced pepper and sliced mushrooms in 1/4 cup butter. Add to chopped clams, and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Add the clam mixture to crushed Ritz crackers and 1/4 cup of melted butter until the mixture holds together but is not too greasy.
What are stuffed clams called?Stuffed clams is what this recipe is called officially, but in our household, they’ve been known as “clam things” for a generation. My mom named them that, and even had pretty green ceramic clam shell bowls strictly for the purpose of making clam things.
How to cook frozen clams in the oven?Fill each clean clam shell with mixture, pressing tightly into shell. Arrange on a baking sheet, and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and sizzling. If frozen, bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve warm on a platter with lemon wedges.
How long to cook clam shell stuffing in oven?Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Dividing evenly, press Herbed Breadcrumb Stuffing into clam shells, smoothing with the back of a spoon. Bake until tops are golden, 25 to 30 minutes.