STICKY SPICY SLOW-COOKED RIBS
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cut the racks into 2-rib pieces, season with salt and pepper and put into a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the preserves, ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, garlic, chipotles, ginger and hot sauce. Pour the mixture over the ribs and cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- When the ribs are cooked, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the slow cooker and place them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Skim the fat from the juices and transfer the juices to a pan. Place the pan on medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Mix the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl to create a slurry. Stir the slurry into the juices in the pan and cook until the desired thickness.
- Brush the ribs with the sauce and bake, brushing with more sauce every 10 to 15 minutes, until the ribs are glazed and sticky, about 45 minutes. Serve with extra sauce.
SWEET AND SPICY CHIPOTLE-GLAZED RIBS
Categories Bake Currant Pork Rib Hot Pepper Pomegranate Molasses Jam or Jelly Bon Appétit
Yield Makes 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil; place metal rack on sheet. Sprinkle ribs all over with salt and pepper; place, meat side down, on rack.
- Press chiles through sieve into heavy small saucepan (discard solids in sieve). Add remaining ingredients to pan. Stir to blend over medium heat until sauce comes to boil. Season sauce to taste with salt. Transfer 1/2 cup sauce to small bowl and reserve.
- Brush ribs with 2 tablespoons sauce from pan. Turn ribs over; brush with 2 tablespoons sauce. Roast ribs until very tender, brushing with 2 tablespoons sauce every 15 minutes, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut rack into individual ribs. Serve ribs with reserved sauce.
- *Chipotle chiles canned in a spicy tomato sauce, often called adobo, are available at some supermarkets, specialty foods stores, and Latin markets.
- **Pomegranate molasses is a sweet-tart syrup made from reduced pomegranate juice. It can be found at some supermarkets, specialty foods stores, and Middle Eastern markets.
- To puree canned chipotle chiles:
- Place chiles and adobo sauce in a small strainer set over a small bowl or saucepan. Because canned chipotles are soft, you can simply use a rubber spatula to mash them through the strainer into the bowl, leaving the skins and seeds behind.
SWEET-AND-SPICY BABY BACK RIBS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Put the ribs meat-side down on a cutting board. Insert a paring knife between the membrane and the bones on one end of each rack, then loosen the membrane and pull it off. Rub the ribs with the lemon juice and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place the ribs bone-side down in a large roasting pan, then add the beer. Cover tightly with foil, transfer to the oven and roast until the meat pulls away from the bone, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add the chile powder and cook 1 minute. Stir in the chile sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened and reduced by half, about 40 minutes. Remove the ribs from the oven; increase the temperature to 400 degrees F. Uncover the pan; carefully pour out the cooking liquid. Stir 1/4 cup cooking liquid into the sauce, then discard the rest of the liquid. Generously brush the ribs with the sauce. Return the pan to the oven and continue roasting, uncovered, until the ribs are golden brown and tender, about 35 minutes. Transfer the ribs to a cutting board and slice, then return to the roasting pan. Pour the remaining sauce on top and toss. Photograph by Anna Williams
The secret to these ribs is the stunning glaze-these have great depth of flavor with a beautiful hit of sweetness and spice. Marinate them overnight for best results!
Provided by Donna Hay
Categories Kid-Friendly Dinner Pork Rib Hot Pepper Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Small Plates
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Place the vinegar, onion, garlic, salt and water in a large pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Add the ribs, reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the ribs are tender.
- While the ribs are cooking, make the chipotle glaze. Mix to combine the chipotle chiles, onion flakes, Tabasco, cocoa powder, maple syrup, sugar and salt.
- Remove the ribs from the cooking liquid and place in a large deep-sided tray or pan. While the ribs are still hot, rub the chipotle glaze evenly over the ribs to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place the ribs on wire racks set over 2 rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Roast for 20 minutes, brushing with glaze every 5 minutes, until golden and caramelized. Serve with lime wedges, pickled jalapeño peppers and the Corn and Jalapeño Chile Flatbreads, if desired.
HONEY-CHIPOTLE GLAZED RIBS
A chipotle sauce gives these oven-roasted ribs a smoky flavor. Once they're tender, finish them on the grill with a honey glaze.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine chipotles, 1/4 cup honey, mustard powder, 3 tablespoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper.
- Place a large double layer of foil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place ribs on top and rub with chipotle mixture. Wrap ribs tightly in foil and bake on sheet until meat is fork-tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates. Remove ribs from foil, letting excess liquid drip off. Brush ribs with 1/4 cup honey and grill until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut between bones to separate ribs and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 696 g, Fat 46 g, Protein 44 g
SWEET 'N' SPICY COUNTRY RIBS
"My friends have asked me to bottle my barbeque sauce, rub and marinades. My favorite saying is, 'You cook it, and they will come.'" And they sure will with these tender ribs on the menu! Thanks to Allan Stackhouse Jr of Jennings, Louisiana for the recipe.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a small bowl, combine the apple juice, oil, cola, brown sugar, honey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke if desired and seasonings. , Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add ribs. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight, turning once. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. , Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally. , Grill 20-25 minutes longer or until meat is tender, turning and basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts :
CHERRY-CHIPOTLE GLAZED BACK RIBS
Chipotle chile powder imparts great smoky heat to these tender, grilled pork back ribs with a cherry-chipotle glaze.
Provided by Smithfield(R)
Categories Trusted Brands: Recipes and Tips Smithfield®
Number Of Ingredients 23
- About one hour before smoking, make the dry rub. Combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Pat ribs dry with paper towels; generously coat both sides of ribs with rub. Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients except cherry preserves in medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in preserves. Set aside to cool.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking at 250 to 300 degrees F. Add drained wood chips, if using.
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, over a drip pan and cook for 2 hours spraying both sides of ribs with apple juice every 20 to 30 minutes. Add about 12 coals to a charcoal grill every 45 minutes or so to maintain the heat.
- Remove ribs from grill. Double-wrap each rack in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Return wrapped ribs to the grill and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours more over indirect heat, until very tender. Add more coals as needed to maintain temperature for a charcoal grill.
- Remove ribs from grill and unwrap. Place ribs over direct heat on grill and brush with glaze. Cook for about 5 minutes until the glaze is set. Turn ribs and repeat with more glaze.
- Serve ribs with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2897.4 calories, Carbohydrate 85.4 g, Cholesterol 736.1 mg, Fat 215 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 148.8 g, SaturatedFat 79.5 g, Sodium 3168.9 mg, Sugar 78.4 g
SWEET AND SPICY RIBS WITH CILANTRO AND CUCUMBER
These ribs are a treat to put together, since everything cooks in one pan until the sauce becomes a sticky glaze and the ribs turn soft and tender. Some roasted potatoes or a potato salad would do well here if you're serving this as part of a larger spread. Not to be confused with mango chutney, hot mango pickle is a traditional jarred condiment made by preserving mangoes and a variety of hot spices. It's used most commonly in South Asia, and provides the sour and spicy qualities that give these ribs that special oomph of flavor. You can find it in the international section of many supermarkets or in other specialty markets.
Provided by Yotam Ottolenghi
Categories dinner, meat, roasts, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit/150 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the ribs: Add the oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high. Once hot, add the ginger and jalapeño and stir until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the pomegranate juice, cilantro (fresh coriander), sugar, mango pickle, tomato paste and 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the ribs, shallots, 3/4 teaspoon salt and plenty of pepper to a 10-by-13-inch/26-by-34-centimeter roasting pan and toss everything together, arranging the ribs flesh-side up. Pour the sauce on top, wrap tightly with foil, then transfer to the oven to cook for 2 hours.
- Turn the heat up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/190 degrees Celsius, remove the foil and baste the ribs with the sauce. Cook, basting once throughout, until ribs are a deep chocolate brown and the sauce is sticky, about 25 minutes more. Let cool slightly while you make the cucumber raita.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium-high. Toast until fragrant, shaking the pan occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl along with the cucumber, cilantro (fresh coriander), sour cream, lime juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a good grind of pepper; toss everything together to combine.
- Divide the ribs, shallots and cucumber salad among 4 plates, spooning some of the sauce over the ribs, and serve immediately.
SWEET AND SPICY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
My husband and I have created many wonderful memories by sharing this meal with our friends. In the winter, we bake it indoors; in the summer, it works well on the grill, too! Either way the chicken pretty much cooks itself, leaving you plenty of time to visit with friends and family. -Ashlie Delshad, West Lafayett, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Pulse chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, tomato paste, honey, olive oil and sea salt in a food processor or blender until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over chicken. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour or overnight., Preheat oven to 400°. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. , Roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°. Roast 1-1/2 - 1-3/4 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.), Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for gravy. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 calories, Fat 27g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 134mg cholesterol, Sodium 437mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 43g protein.
More about "sweet and spicy chipotle glazed ribs recipes"
SWEET AND SPICY CHIPOTLE-GLAZED RIBS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
5/5 (2)Servings 2
SWEET AND SPICY CHIPOTLE VINAIGRETTE - I HEART VEGETABLES
HONEY CHIPOTLE GLAZED RIBS RECIPE
CHIPOTLE-GLAZED RIBS | CANADIAN LIVING
SWEET & SPICY CHIPOTLE BARBECUE SAUCE - JUST LIKE STORE ...
SWEET AND SPICY ORANGE SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
CHIPOTLE RASPBERRY JELLY - THERESCIPES.INFO
SWEET CHIPOTLE GLAZED BABY BACK RIBS - SIPPITYSUP
EASY GLAZE FOR BBQ RIBS - BOBBY FLAY'S SPICY CHIPOTLE RIB ...
SWEET-AND-SPICY GLAZED RIBS
SWEET AND SPICY CHIPOTLE-GLAZED RIBS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SWEET AND SPICY CHIPOTLE GLAZED RIBS RECIPE
ORANGE-AND-CHIPOTLE-GLAZED RIBS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
SWEET AND SPICY CROCK POT RIBS - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
CHOPPED BBQ RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
HONEY CHIPOTLE GLAZED RIBS RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
SWEET-AND-SPICY PORK RIBS RECIPE - PASCAL RIGO | FOOD & WINE
SWEET AND SMOKY CHIPOTLE RUB RECIPE - THE BLACK PEPPERCORN
I KEEP MY PROMISES SWEET CHIPOTLE GLAZED BABY BACK RIBS ...
SLOW ROASTED BEEF BACK RIBS W/ SWEET & SPICY CHIPOTLE ...
SWEET AND SPICY HONEY GLAZED CHIPOTLE RIBS – VIANDES ...
CHIPOTLE BABY BACK RIBS RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY HATS
SWEET & SPICY BBQ RIBS (OVEN BAKED) - KYLEE COOKS
SWEET, SPICY, & STICKY ASIAN RIBS - KOSMOS Q BBQ PRODUCTS ...
OVEN BAKED RIBS WITH CHIPOTLE BBQ SAUCE | RECIPETIN EATS
SWEET-AND-SPICY GLAZED RIBS | RECIPE | GLAZED RIBS, SWEET ...
SWEET AND SPICY BAKED RIBS - COOKING FOR KEEPS
HONEY CHIPOTLE RIBS - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
ROB'S SWEET CHIPOTLE RIB GLAZE - THE BBQ ALLSTARS
SWEET + SPICY DOROTHY LYNCH GLAZED SHORT RIBS - FAITH ...
CHIPOTLE AND HONEY GLAZED RIBS RECIPE LIST - SALEWHALE.CA
CHIPOTLE-GLAZED RIBS - RECIPES | GOYA FOODS
HONEY CHIPOTLE GLAZED RIBS RECIPE | RECIPE | RIB RECIPES ...
CHIPOTLE BLACKBERRY BBQ GLAZED SPARE RIBS | DASH OF SAVORY
HONEY CHIPOTLE GLAZED RIBS | RECIPE | RIB RECIPES, HONEY ...
SMOKY CHIPOTLE GLAZED RIBS – TASTEFOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love