MAPLE SYRUP TARTS
For those of us who live in the land of maple syrup, we see plenty in the month of March. The trees are tapped, maple syrup runs freely, and we all head out to the sugar bush for samples. This recipe is an old favorite from our ancestors.
Provided by Carol
Categories Desserts Pies Tarts
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat the egg gently with a fork, and then mix with maple syrup, melted butter, brown sugar, lemon juice, and nuts. Fill tarts 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Carbohydrate 41.7 g, Cholesterol 18.3 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 106.6 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
Old family recipe from my daughter-in-laws family in southern Mississippi. It is very good.
Provided by Barbara
Categories Desserts Cookies International Cookie Recipes American Cookie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- Cream the butter, sugar and eggs well. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into tart shells, no more than half full. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Watch carefully!!--they'll burn quickly. Filling will keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or so. Liquid coffee creamer can be used for cream. Use any good pie pastry for shells.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 641.3 calories, Carbohydrate 85.5 g, Cholesterol 54.7 mg, Fat 31.5 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 9.6 g, Sodium 256.2 mg, Sugar 50.2 g
AWARD-WINNING BUTTER TARTS
Butter tarts are a Canadian tradition. Waaaay back in the 1970s, a national contest here in Canada concluded that these butter tarts, originating from Wilkie's Bakery in Orillia, Ontario, were the best. I certainly think so and it's the only recipe I use. Add a sprinkle of toasted walnuts when you add the raisins, if you wish, or use only walnuts if you don't like raisins.
Provided by Lennie
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Prepare muffin pans by rolling out pie dough and cutting 4-inch (approx) circles; fit dough circles into muffin cups; set aside in fridge until ready to fill.
- In a small bowl, place raisins and cover with hot tap water; let stand on the counter for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix together the soft butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup; stir well until sugar is dissolved and butter is creamed.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Drain raisins.
- Retrieve tart shells and divide raisins equally into all shells; then divide butter mixture into all tarts.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes; filling will be lightly browned but still bubbling.
- Canadians fall into two camps about butter tarts and are quite loyal to their favourite type: runny or firm.
- I like runny-- the type that dribbles when you bite into one; if you like firm, bake them for the full 20 minutes, even adding another minute or two if you wish.
- Let cooked butter tarts cool in pans for 10 minutes after removing from oven; then remove and place on racks until completely cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.1, Fat 3.2, SaturatedFat 1.9, Cholesterol 19.2, Sodium 41.1, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 8.6, Protein 0.6
Treat family and friends to a comforting treacle tart with crumbly pastry and rich filling. A classic British dessert, serve with ice cream or clotted cream
Provided by Esther Clark
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert, Treat
Yield Serves 10
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and rub together with your fingers to a fine breadcrumb-like texture (you can also do this part in a food processor). Stir though the icing sugar, then quickly add the egg yolks and 2 tbsp water, mixing swiftly with a cutlery knife to combine. Form into a ball (add another tbsp water if you need to), wrap and chill for 30 mins. Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin, and line a 22cm fluted tart tin with the pastry, leaving an overhang. Return to the fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put a baking sheet into the oven to heat up. Line the pastry case with baking parchment and baking beans, then put in the oven on the baking sheet, and bake for 15 mins. Remove the parchment and bake for a further 10 mins or until the pastry is golden brown. Leave the pastry to cool before trimming off the overhanging edges with a small serrated knife.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 4. Combine the golden syrup, ginger, ginger syrup, lemon, eggs and breadcrumbs in a bowl, briefly whisking everything together until combined. Carefully pour the filling into the pastry case put in the lower part of the oven to bake for 35-40 mins or until the filling is just set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool down for 20 mins before serving with ice cream or thick clotted cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 62 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 39 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 6 grams protein, Sodium 0.68 milligram of sodium
Make and share this Syrup Tart recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Angela Sara
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to Gas 6/400F degrees.
- Line a pie plate with the rolled out pastry.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- Mix the syrup, breadcrumbs and lemon juice.
- Spread it over the pastry base.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
More about "syrup tart recipes"
GOLDEN SYRUP TART | STAY AT HOME MUM
5/5 (2)Category MainServings 4Total Time 30 mins
MAPLE SYRUP TART | MAPLE FROM CANADA
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Fancy Pastries
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Remove from the heat, add the corn starch and mix together well.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the mixture so that it takes on a crumbly texture.
BEST MAPLE BUTTER TARTS | CANADIAN LIVING
CLASSIC BUTTER TART RECIPE - CHATELAINE
MARY BERRY’S TREACLE TART RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MAPLE SYRUP BUTTER TART SQUARES - TODAY'S PARENT
LYLE'S EASY TREACLE TART RECIPE | LYLE GOLDEN SYRUP
EASY BUTTER TARTS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
MAPLE SYRUP TARTS | CANADIAN GOODNESS - DAIRY …
GOLDEN SYRUP TART – COOKERYSKILLS
ALMOND SYRUP TART | WE ARE TATE AND LYLE SUGARS
MY BUTTER TART RECIPE - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
ROBINHOOD | BUTTER TART SQUARES
BEST CANADIAN BUTTER TARTS - LITTLE SWEET BAKER
BUTTER TARTS - SPLENDA®
KARO SYRUP PECAN TART RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GOOEY MAPLE BUTTER TART BARS - CRUMB: A FOOD BLOG
BLACK RASPBERRY SYRUP RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
ELDERBERRY SYRUP TART (BERN) RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CANADIAN BUTTER TARTS - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
BEST THE BEST BUTTER TARTS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
SYRUP TART RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CLASSIC BUTTER TARTS WITH MAPLE SYRUP AND YOUR CHOICE OF NUTS OR …
BEST BUTTER TARTS | CANADIAN LIVING
MAPLE SYRUP TARTLETS | RICARDO
THE ULTIMATE CANADIAN MAPLE BUTTER TARTS | URBNSPICE
CANADIAN BUTTER TARTS: MY GRANDMOTHER MAUDE’S FAMOUS HERITAGE …
THE ULTIMATE (RAISINS OPTIONAL) BUTTER TART RECIPE - COTTAGE LIFE
TRADITIONAL TREACLE TART - THE DARING GOURMET
OLD FASHIONED BUTTER TARTS RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
OLD FASHIONED BUTTER TARTS - ART AND THE KITCHEN
CLASSIC BUTTER TARTS - SIMPLY SCRATCH
MAPLE SYRUP AND BEAN TARTS | FOODLAND ONTARIO
MANCHESTER TART RECIPE | LYLE GOLDEN SYRUP
10 BEST BUTTER TARTS WITH NO CORN SYRUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
THIS MONTH'S RECIPES | ANNA OLSON
BUTTER TARTS RECIPE A CLASSIC CANADIAN FAVORITE - PRETTY DIY HOME
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER TARTS WITHOUT CORN SYRUP (INCLUDING A FLAKY ALL ...
BUTTER TARTS - [VIDEO] CLASSIC CANADIAN DESSERT -THE RECIPE REBEL
MAPLE SYRUP TART RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
CANADIAN BUTTER TARTS, HOMEMADE BUTTER TARTS - JENNY CAN COOK
CANADIAN BUTTER TARTS
ANNA OLSON’S BUTTER TARTS ARE THE ULTIMATE CANADA DAY TREAT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #easy #european #heirloom-historical #holiday-event #dietary
You'll also love