This Coconut Rice with pineapple is a mild and light tropical side dish that pairs perfectly with steak, chicken, pork, and seafood. Great for summer or anytime of year using canned or fresh fruit.
Provided by Amy
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse the rice several times until the water runs clear. Drain the rice.
- In a medium pot, over high heat, add the rice, broth, and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to low and cover with tight fitting lid; let cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and without opening the lid, let it sit for another 10 minutes to finish steaming.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and mix in the pineapple, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and scallions.
- Top with any of the other recommended mix-ins and drizzle a touch more soy sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 8 servings, Calories 293 kcal, Carbohydrate 50 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, Sodium 269 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 10 g
PINEAPPLE THAI RICE
- Place green onions, chili pepper, and cilantro in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, mix pineapple tidbits and reserved 1/4 cup juice with chopped ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add garlic. Saute garlic for 30 seconds. Add soy sauce and pineapple mixture to skillet, and heat to a boil. Remove from heat and add shrimp to skillet. Stir to heat shrimp. Fold in hot cooked rice.
THAI-STYLE PINEAPPLE-COCONUT RICE
- Combine the rice with 2 cups water and the coconut milk in a saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer, then cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a stir- fry pan or a wide skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until golden.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots. Turn the heat up to medium-high and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender-crisp.
- Add the tomatoes and pineapple chunks and continue to stir-fry for a minute or two, just until the tomatoes soften slightly.
- Stir in the cooked rice, curry powder, and ginger. Stir gently until all the ingredients are completely combined. Since about half the can of coconut milk is remaining, if you'd like the mixture to be a bit more moist, add 1/4 cup or so more, but take care not to make the mixture soupy.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes. Serve at once, passing around crushed nuts to top individual servings, if desired.
THAI COCONUT RICE
Creamy coconut combined with a little bite from red pepper flakes and ginger, create a delicious rice dish to accompany a wide range of entrees.
Provided by Geema
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, except the crystallized ginger and sliced almonds.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring until mixture comes to a low boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 18 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- The cover, and let sit for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish the finished rice with the candied ginger and the sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.6, Fat 22.5, SaturatedFat 19, Sodium 307.4, Carbohydrate 39.2, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 1, Protein 5.7
THAI COCONUT-PINEAPPLE RICE
A super side dish that combines Jasmine rice, coconut milk and pineapple with fresh mint and almonds. Great with Thai chicken or shrimp recipes.
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, water, ginger and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in rice; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add pineapple, scallions and mint (do not stir). Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds; fluff rice with a fork. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over rice. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 kcal
INSTANT POT® PINEAPPLE-COCONUT-LIME RICE
- Rinse rice well until water runs clear. Place drained rice in the pot of electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add water, pineapple chunks and juice, coconut milk, and red pepper flakes. Place the lid on the pot and lock in place.
- Turn the cooker on and choose the "Manual" setting and high pressure. Set the timer for 3 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally after the cooking time has ended, about 20 minutes. Stir in lime zest and juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 371.8 calories, Carbohydrate 65.9 g, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 11.4 mg, Sugar 8.3 g
More about "thai style pineapple coconut rice recipes"
THAI COCONUT-PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE - DELISH KNOWLEDGE
Reviews 2Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
THAI GRILLED PINEAPPLE RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
PINEAPPLE RICE (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
THAI CHICKEN BURRITO BOWLS WITH COCONUT RICE - THE ENDLESS MEAL
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE COCONUT RICE - NOSHING WITH THE …
THAI-STYLE PINEAPPLE RICE - JOE CROSS
THAI PINEAPPLE RICE RECIPE, THAI RECIPES - TARLA DALAL
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
32 EASY THAI RECIPES TO TRY AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
COCONUT RICE RECIPE (+ PINEAPPLE AND CASHEWS) | CARLSBAD CRAVINGS
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE RECIPE (ข้าวผัดสัปปะรด)
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE - QUALITYGREENS.COM
PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE (THAI) - RECIPETIN EATS
THAI STYLE COCONUT PINEAPPLE RICE RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
PINEAPPLE-COCONUT RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PINEAPPLE COCONUT RICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THAI COCONUT-PINEAPPLE RICE | RECIPES | WW USA
THAI CURRY RICE WITH PINEAPPLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
PINEAPPLE COCONUT (STICKY) RICE - WAYFINDER'S GALLEY
PINEAPPLE COCONUT RICE RECIPE
THAI COCONUT PINEAPPLE RICE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
THAI STYLE SWEET RICE - IZZYCOOKING
PINEAPPLE THAI RICE WITH JASMINE RICE - MINUTE® RICE
SHRIMP AND PINEAPPLE STIR-FRY WITH COCONUT RICE - RECIPE
THAI COCONUT CURRY FRIED RICE WITH CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE
THAI RICE PUDDING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPE: THAI-STYLE PINEAPPLE-COCONUT RICE : PLANTBASEDDIET
THAI COCONUT PINEAPPLE RICE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE - CHOOSING CHIA
TROPICAL COCONUT PINEAPPLE CASHEW RICE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE - BIGOVEN.COM
AUTHENTIC THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE WITH SHRIMP
THAI FRIED RICE WITH PINEAPPLE AND JASMINE RICE - CAROLINA® RICE
THAI STYLE COCONUT FRIED BROWN RICE - HEALTHY THAI RECIPES
THAI COCONUT RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
THAI-STYLE PINEAPPLE-COCONUT RICE | OREGONIAN RECIPES
THAI PINEAPPLE CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
THAI-STYLE PINEAPPLE-COCONUT RICE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
THAI PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE) - BIANCA ZAPATKA
CHICKEN COCONUT RICE WITH PINEAPPLE (QUICK & EASY RECIPE)
THAI PINEAPPLE SHRIMP CURRY RECIPE | SIDECHEF
THAI-STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE – HEALTHY BLOG
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook pineapple and rice together?Add the chopped pineapple, coconut milk, raisins, cashewnuts, cooked rice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and fill each portion of the rice into the scooped out pineapple halve.
How do you cook rice with coconut milk?Combine the rice with 2 cups water and the coconut milk in a saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer, then cover and simmer gently until the water is absorbed, about 30 to 35 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a stir- fry pan or a wide skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until golden. Add the broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots.
What are the ingredients in the pineapple and rice recipe?Ingredients 1 small can pineapple (chunks, drained, or 1+1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks) 3 to 4 cups rice (cooked, preferably several days old) Optional: a handful of raw shrimp (generous amount, shells removed) 3 to 4 tbsp. chicken stock (or vegetable stock, if vegetarian/vegan) 2 shallots (finely chopped) 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
Is coconut rice with pineapple a good idea?This Coconut Rice with Pineapple is a delicious twist on traditional plain white rice. It’s creamy and rich, yet mild and light that pairs perfectly with a Thai-inspired main meal, a tropical themed dinner, and just about any protein. Great for summer or anytime of year using fresh or canned fruit.