SIMPLE TUNA CURRY WITH RICE
- Start the rice cooking.
- Over low to moderate heat, saute onion, garlic, and your vegetable of choice in butter. (If you use tuna packed in oil, you can drain the oil and use that to saute the onions.)
- Season with salt and curry powder and continue to saute until veggies are tender.
- Stir flour into vegetables until it coats them and combines with the butter/oil.
- Over moderate heat, add enough of the milk to cover the vegetables, and stir to create a smooth sauce. As the milk begins to heat, the butter/flour mixture that was coating the vegetables will begin to blend with and thicken the milk. Once it becomes thick, add half of the remaining milk, and continue stirring until it again heats to the thickening point. Then add the rest of the milk, stir again, and allow to come to the thickening point for the last time. (This process is a bit difficult to describe, but not hard to do. Adding the milk at little at a time and stirring to keep it smooth as you go keeps the sauce from forming lumps and prevents scorching. You can also do this step over low heat, in which case you don't have to stand right over the pot stirring constantly, but it's still good to add the milk in stages, and stir regularly.).
- Once the sauce is heated, add the tuna, and bring back to simmering. If the tuna is packed in oil, drain the oil (which you may have used in step one). If it's packed in water, you can just dump the whole can into the sauce, water and all.
- Serve tuna curry over rice. A green veggies side is nice (steamed asparagus or broccoli, cucumbers in vinaigrette, green salad, or peas).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 628, Fat 18.8, SaturatedFat 10.8, Cholesterol 63.7, Sodium 470.4, Carbohydrate 90.7, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 0.5, Protein 21.6
TUNA CURRY IN A HURRY
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onions and green pepper. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in tuna, sour cream, curry powder, salt and pepper. Heat until warm and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 222.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 18.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 10.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.2 g, Sodium 88.1 mg, Sugar 1.1 g
CURRIED TUNA SANDWICHES
If you're looking for a change from traditional tuna sandwiches, try this recipe I developed. It includes my favorite ingredients from a few different tuna salad recipes, including apples, raisins and curry. The first time I combined them, I loved the results!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; add tuna and mix well. Spread rolls with additional mayonnaise if desired; top each with 1/2 cup tuna mixture and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 375mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CURRIED TUNA SALAD
- In a mixing bowl break the tuna up with a fork. Toss with the onion, fresh coriander, and raisins.
- In a small saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the curry powder, and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove pan from the heat and set oil aside to cool.
- Add the curry oil to the mayonnaise, season with salt, and pepper to taste and add the lime juice. Gently mix the tuna with the seasoned mayonnaise. Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich.
- Yield: 3 to 4 servings
TURAN'S TUNA CURRY
- In a skillet set over moderate heat, warm the oil until it is hot. Add the onion and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, gingerroot and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the tuna, chilies and salt and cook, stirring, until heated through. Season with lemon or lime juice and toss with cilantro. Serve with rice or as a filling for flour tortillas.
CURRY TUNA AND RICE CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix cream of celery soup, milk, curry powder, and mustard powder in a large bowl. Stir rice, tuna, and onion into the soup mixture; transfer to a casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, melted butter, and parsley in a bowl; sprinkle over tuna mixture.
- Bake casserole in preheated oven until bread crumb mixture is golden brown, about 25 minutes; top with sliced eggs and return to over to bake another 5 minutes. Let casserole cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 362.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38 g, Cholesterol 158.9 mg, Fat 10.9 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 26.8 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 754.4 mg, Sugar 5.6 g
- In a medium saucepan mix turmeric in 1 cup water.
- Add tuna, and season with salt.
- Place over medium-low heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 2 minutes, turning tuna cubes once.
- Remove from heat.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add oil.
- When it shimmers, add garlic, ginger and mustard seeds.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, shallots and chilies; cook for 1 minute.
- Add tuna, about 1/3 cup of its cooking water, coconut milk, tamarind and salt to taste.
- Stir to dissolve tamarind.
- Simmer, covered, until sauce has blended and thickened slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.9, Fat 21.5, SaturatedFat 15.1, Cholesterol 43.1, Sodium 60.4, Carbohydrate 10.5, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 3.6, Protein 29.3
More about "tuna curry recipes"
MALDIVIAN TUNA CURRY RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Main
QUICK TUNA CURRY RECIPE | BUMBLE BEE SEAFOODS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
TUNA CURRY | OCEAN'S
10 BEST CANNED TUNA CURRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
TUNA CURRY | AUTHENTICA WORLD CUISINE
10 BEST FRESH TUNA CURRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
CANNED TUNA CURRY RECIPE / TUNA FISH CURRY - FOOD …
CURRIED TUNA WITH GINGER AND YOGURT - EAT GOOD 4 LIFE
TUNA CURRY BOWL WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE - EATING BIRD FOOD
TUNA COCONUT CURRY RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
TUNA CURRY RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
20 FRESH TUNA RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
QUICK TUNA CURRY - THE COMPLETE SAVORIST
MILD TUNA CURRY - DINNER IN 15 MINUTES - SEAFOOD EXPERTS
THAI CANNED TUNA CURRY IN COCONUT MILK. | ISLAND SMILE
CURRIED TUNA SALAD - MY HEART BEETS
TUNA CURRY IN A HURRY – CLOVER LEAF
TASTY CANNED TUNA DRY CURRY | QUICK INDIAN STYLE TUNA FISH RECIPE
MALDIVIAN TUNA CURRY - BBC GOOD FOOD MIDDLE EAST
TUNA THAI RED CURRY - STRENGTH AND SUNSHINE
SEARED TUNA STEAKS WITH SWEET & SPICY COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
TUNA COCONUT CURRY RECIPE | MYRECIPES
SPICY CURRY TUNA – CLOVER LEAF
KERALA STYLE TUNA FISH CURRY – VILLAGE COOKING
TUNA CURRY | FEASTY
KERALA STYLE TUNA CURRY RECIPE | EASY TUNA FISH CURRY - BLOG
DRY TUNA CURRY | RICE AND TUNA RECIPE | HUNGRY HOME COOK
TUNA CURRY- INDIAN STYLE - NATRULY BLOG
CURRIED TUNA SALAD - SLENDER KITCHEN
CURRIED TUNA SALAD WRAPS - RICARDO
TUNA CURRY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE TUNA CURRY RECIPE - THE TIMES …
TUNA (CANNED) FISH CURRY - KERALA STYLE - (QUICK & EASY RECIPE)
CURRIED TUNA MORNAY - COOKING FOR BUSY MUMS
TUNA CURRY IN 2022 | RECIPES, HEALTHY RECIPES, CURRY
TUNA CURRY AND TUNA FRY - CURRY IN A HURRY - QUICK MEALS
10 BEST CURRY TUNA STEAK RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
CURRIED TUNA WRAPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TUNA COCONUT CURRY (A MAIN DISH FROM OCEANIA) - INTERNATIONAL …
KERALA STYLE TUNA CURRY-NADAN CHOORA MEEN CURRY
TUNA KI KARA (CURRIED TUNA) RECIPE - BBC FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #seafood #asian #kosher #fish #dietary #low-sodium #low-calorie #low-carb #tuna #low-in-something #saltwater-fish
You'll also love