Two cookies are better than one! Try these doubly delicious cookies made with Betty Crocker® cookie mix.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir Chocolate Chip Dough ingredients until soft dough forms. In another large bowl, stir Double Chocolate Chunk Dough ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Divide each dough into 2 portions. On work surface sprinkled generously with flour, shape each dough portion into 15-inch rope. Place 1 rope chocolate chip dough and 1 rope double chocolate chunk dough side by side. Cut both at the same time into 1/2-inch pieces; shape into about 24 balls so both kinds of dough are in each ball. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with other 2 ropes of dough.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of chocolate chip dough are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 17 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 2 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Cookie, Sodium 105 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
TWO-TONE BUTTER COOKIES
During the hectic holiday season, you'll appreciate the ease of these irresistible butter cookies from Kathy Kittell of Lenexa, Kansas. It's wonderful to pull the two-tone dough from the freezer and bake a festive batch in no time.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 5 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Divide dough in half; with food coloring, tint half red and half green. Shape each portion into a rough log, then place logs on sheets of parchment. , Roll dough in paper into an even, smooth 8-in. log, using a ruler to compact log and to squeeze out air as you go. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until slightly firm. , Cut each log in half lengthwise. Press red and green halves together. Tightly wrap each roll in plastic wrap; freeze for 30 minutes or until firm., To prepare cookies: Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 16mg cholesterol, Sodium 62mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TWO-TONE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
I dreamed up this recipe using two of my favorite flavors, pistachio and raspberry. These pink and green cookies are tasty and eye-catching, too. They're perfect for formal or informal gatherings, and everybody likes them.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half. Stir green food coloring, milk and nuts into one portion; mix well. Add red food coloring and jam to the other half., Between two pieces of waxed paper, shape each portion into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Place one green rectangle on a piece of plastic wrap. Top with one pink rectangle; press together lightly. Repeat, forming a second stack. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight., Remove one stack from the refrigerator at a time. Unwrap dough; cut in half lengthwise. Return one portion to the refrigerator. Cut remaining portion into 1/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough., Drizzle cooled cookies with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with additional pistachios if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 70mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
TWO TONE BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly brush an 8 inch square tin with melted butter or oil. Line the base with baking paper, extending over two sides.
- Stir 1/4 cup butter or margarine and dark chocolate in the top of a double boiler until just melted. Using a wooden spoon, beat 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 egg in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Add 1/2 cup flour, stirring until just combined; don't over beat.
- Stir 1/4 cup butter or margarine and white chocolate in the top of a double boiler until just melted. Using a wooden spoon, beat 1 /2 cup sugar, vanilla extract and 1 egg in a second bowl until combined. Stir in the white chocolate mixture. Add 1/2 cup flour, stirring until just combined; don't over beat.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixtures alternately and evenly, next to one another, in a single layer, in the tin. Gently smooth the surface, without combining the mixtures.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until firm. Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into small squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.4 calories, Carbohydrate 19.8 g, Cholesterol 31.9 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 44.8 mg, Sugar 14.5 g
GORGEOUS TWO-TONED COOKIES
This makes a very beautiful spiral/checkerboard cookies. The taste of these is wonderful too - tender, slightly crumbly, buttery. I got the recipe from a local (singapore) recipe book and made two batches (one spiral and one checkerboard) for Chinese New Year. I will post a pic once the recipe is up. Although these require more work than regular cookies, but it's very worth it, as the results are spectacular! Prep time include chilling time and cook time is 18 minutes per batch.
Provided by WaterMelon
Yield 60-70 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Dissolve cocoa in hot water.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift salt, flour and milk powder together.
- Fold into butter mixture to form a dough.
- Take half of the dough out, place in a separate bowl.
- Mix in the cocoa mixture until combined.
- Roll out the white dough between plastic wrap until about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Do the same for the chocolate dough.
- Chill both dough separately for approx 2 hours.
- To make checkerboard: Remove dough from fridge.
- Cut 2 strips from each dough, measuring 1 inch each.
- Wet the sides and tops and'stick' them together to form a checkerboard.
- (white strip-chocolate strip, topped with chocolate-white) Wrap the checkerboard log with plastic wrap, pressing it a little to ensure the strips of dough stick together.
- Return to fridge for another 1 hour or so.
- To make spiral: Try to roll the white and chocolate doughs into equal size.
- Moisten the top of the chocolate dough.
- Put the white dough onto chocolate one (or vice versa).
- Roll up tightly, jelly roll style.
- Wrap the log with plastic wrap and return to fridge for 1 hour or so.
- Remove cold dough and leave to soften slightly for few minutes.
- Cut log into thin slices and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 175C/350F for 15-18 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.5, Fat 2.7, SaturatedFat 1.7, Cholesterol 10.3, Sodium 12.7, Carbohydrate 10.5, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 6.4, Protein 0.8
More about "two tone cookies recipes"
TWO-TONE COOKIE CRINKLES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Stir cocoa powder into one portion of dough. Cover and chill dough halves in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Roll each dough half to 1/8-inch-thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch fluted square cookie cutter, or cut dough into 2-1/2-inch squares using a fluted pastry wheel. Use an hors d'oeuvre cutter to cut a 1-inch square, diamond, circle, or flower shape from the centers of half of cutouts of each color. Place cutouts 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven about 8 minutes or until edges are set. Transfer cookies to wire racks and let cool.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon Chocolate Ganache in centers of bottom side of each cookie without a cutout. Top each white cookies with a chocolate cookie with cutout, bottom sides down; top each chocolate cookie with a white cookie with a cutout, bottom sides down. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 30 cookies.
CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE - TWO TWENTY ONE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
TWO-TONE CINNAMON COOKIES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3.4/5 (12)Calories 385 per servingServings 14
TWO-TONE COOKIES | RECIPE
Servings 14Category Desserts , Baking
TWO-TONE GINGERBREAD AND SHORTBREAD COOKIES | CANADIAN LIVING
TWO-TONE COOKIES RECIPE - BAKING AND DESSERTS
TWO-TONE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | CANADIAN LIVING
TWO TONED (TWEE GEVREETJIES) - COOK HALAAL
TWO TONE COOKIES - RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
4/5 (1)Category TreatsCuisine Bulgarian CuisineTotal Time 40 mins
- Mix the sugar, salt and butter in a bowl. Add nice warm milk and stir until the butter is melted. Add the pre- beaten egg, vanilla, sifted flour and yeast. Knead the dough well and divide it into 2 equal balls. Mix the co/undefined coa.
- Every ball is split into 4 smaller balls. Roll into one white and one brown ball and put one over the other. Flatten slightly with a rolling pin and wrap it into a tight roll.
- The roll is cut into cookies that are arranged in a tray with baking paper. Do the same with the other sheets. Bake two-colored biscuits in a moderately warmed oven until lightly tanned.
TWO TONED COOKIES RECIPE | AKIS PETRETZIKIS
Servings 80-100Calories 66 per servingCategory Cookies
- Beat the margarine and sugar in a mixer with the whisk attachment. Beat for about 10 minutes, until fluffy. Slowly, add the remaining ingredients and half of the flour.
- Continue to beat until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Release the mixing bowl from the stand and slowly start to add the second half of the flour. Start mixing with a spoon at first and then by hand.
TWO-TONE COOKIES 双色曲奇 - ANNCOO JOURNAL
4/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsCategory SnackCalories 6 per serving
- Lower speed add vanilla extract and slowly add in beaten egg till well mixed followed by flour, tablespoon by tablespoon.
- Stop machine and use rubber spatula to fold well mixture. Divide mixture into two portions and add cocoa powder into one mixture, fold well.
- Prepare a piping bag fitted with star tip, transfer cocoa batter on one side of the piping bag and plain batter on the other side.
ANNE BYRN'S FROSTED TWO-TONE COOKIES RECIPE | PEOPLE.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
TWO-TONE COOKIES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TWO-TONE CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA COOKIES RECIPE | EAT ...
Servings 100Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCholesterol 35.28 mgCalories 160 per serving
TWO TONE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES | BELLY RUMBLES
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 42 minsCategory Biscuit/CookiesCalories 163 per serving
TWO-TONE COOKIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
TWO-TONE COOKIES RECIPE - BAKING AND DESSERTS | COOKIE ...
TWO TONE COOKIES RECIPES
TWO-TONE COOKIES RECIPE
TWO TONE COOKIES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TWO - TONE DESSERT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TWO TONE COOKIES RECIPE
TWO TONE BUTTER COOKIES RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Two Tone Butter cookies?Directions. To prepare cookies: Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.
How do you make a gingerbread cookie dough?Gingerbread Cookie Dough: Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in egg yolk and molasses until combined. In separate bowl, whisk, together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and salt; stir into butter mixture just until combined. If necessary, knead gently to form smooth dough.
How do you make two tones of icing?Divide the icing into two separate bowls, add cocoa powder and a teaspoon of milk to the one and stir well. If its too thick add another drop of milk. Add a drop of pink food colouring to the other bowl of icing and stir well. Spoon the two different tones of icing on half of each side of the individual biscuit.
How long do you cook coconut cookie dough?Place a tablespoon coconut mixture in the cookie dough shell, pressing down gently with the back of the spoon to make it level. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on wire racks.