SZECHUAN SHRIMP, A CLASSIC CHINESE RESTAURANT DISH
Szechuan Shrimp was a classic Chinese restaurant dish that has since increased in popularity. This spicy, tangy Szechuan shrimp dish packs a ton of strong flavors on top of tender baby shrimp.
Provided by Bill
Categories Fish and Seafood
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Mix the shrimp together with 1 teaspoon of oil and ½ teaspoon of cornstarch until the shrimp are evenly coated. Set aside.
- With the burner on low, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in your wok. Add the ginger and fry for 30 seconds. Next, add the douban jiang or the hot chili oil (with chili flakes), the garlic, and the shallots, and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Next, stir in the ketchup and hoisin sauce, and turn the heat up from low to medium. Let the ketchup and hoisin sauce fry for 1 to 2 minutes to bring out a rich color and flavor. Turn the heat down if it looks like the sauce may burn.
- Next, add the Shaoxing wine, water chestnuts (if using), and the red bell pepper. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock, and let the mixture come to a boil; then immediately turn the heat down to let the mixture simmer.
- Add the rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt, sugar and white pepper, and continue to simmer the sauce for another 3 minutes. When 3 minutes have elapsed, turn the heat up slightly and stir in the shrimp.
- Once the shrimp and sauce mixture returns to a steady simmer, stir in the cornstarch slurry until the sauce has thickened. At this point, the shrimp should be opaque and cooked through. Stir in the scallions. Serve with steamed rice!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 254 kcal, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 25 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Cholesterol 286 mg, Sodium 981 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
WATER CHESTNUT IN SCHEZUAN SAUCE ( CHINESE COOKING )
Water chestnuts have contributed immensely to chinese cuisine, and it is an integral part of traditional chinese cooking. These crunchy, sweet chestnuts are actually vegetables that grow in marshes. This recipe calls for blanched chestnuts that are cooked in schezuan sauce and served like a sizzler. Buy fresh water chestnuts as far as possible and chop of the top and peel the skin before cooking. The cooked chestnuts taste wonderful in sizzling hot schezuan gravy and have an unmatchable taste - the sweet and crisp chestnut is a great contrast to the spicy thick sauce, making every bite delicious.
Provided by Tarla Dalal
Number Of Ingredients 10
- MethodBoil a vesselful of water along with the salt in a deep pan. Add the water chestnuts and blanch them on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.Add the garlic and spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for a minute.Add the water chestnuts, schezuan sauce, water, salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.Heat a sizzler plate on an open flame till it is red hot, place it on the wooden tray and arrange a few cabbage leaves on it.Arrange the water chestnuts over it and serve immediately with garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrition Facts :
More about "water chestnut in schezuan sauce chinese cooking recipes"
SCHEZWAN STYLE WATER CHESTNUTS | SCHEZWAN SINGHADA - YOUTUBE
Author Season With SaltViews 761
SCHEZWAN SAUCE RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
25 WATER CHESTNUT RECIPES YOU WON’T WANT TO PASS UP
HOMEMADE SCHEZWAN SAUCE RECIPE (SZECHUAN SAUCE) …
NIGEL SLATER’S WINTER PASTA AND NOODLE RECIPES | FOOD - THE GUARDIAN
CHINESE SCHEZWAN SAUCE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHINESE SCHEZWAN …
CRISPY WATER CHESTNUTS RECIPE CARD - SANJEEV KAPOOR
FRESH WATER CHESTNUTS ARE AMAZING - SERIOUS EATS
SCHEZWAN SAUCE, SCHEZUAN SAUCE CHINESE RECIPE, CHINESE RECIPES
AUTHENTIC SZECHUAN SAUCE! | FEASTING AT HOME
WATER CHESTNUTS IN SCHEZWAN GRAVY - ZAYKA KA TADKA
WHAT ARE WATER CHESTNUTS? | QUINN
WATER CHESTNUT IN SCHEZWAN SAUCE - HUNGRYFOREVER …
STIR FRIED WATER CHESTNUTS RECIPE | HEALTHY WATER CHESTNUT STIR FRY ...
HOW TO MAKE SZECHUAN SAUCE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
CHINESE STYLE STIR FRIED WATER CHEST NUT WITH …
WATER CHESTNUT RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BEST SCHEZWAN SAUCE RECIPE (AUTHENTIC, SO VERSATILE!)
40 FRESH WATER CHESTNUT RECIPES | FRESH WATER CHESTNUT RECIPE ...
WATER CHESTNUT CAKE - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
CALORIES OF WATER CHESTNUT IN SCHEZUAN SAUCE ( CHINESE COOKING ...
SCHEZWAN CHUTNEY RECIPE | SZECHUAN SAUCE - TIPS
You'll also love