CHEF JOHN'S ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Place Brussels sprouts in water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove sprouts from water and transfer to ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Place onions in boiling water; cook until nearly tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from water, rinse with cold water, and pat dry. Set aside.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Stir in Brussels sprouts and onions; toss with butter to coat. Stir in salt and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and roast until golden and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.3 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Cholesterol 15.3 mg, Fat 6.2 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 70.1 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
BRUSSELS SPROUTS, WITH BUTTER SAUCE, AMERICANO
- Blanch the Brussels sprouts in boiling water, with some salt, and a bit of fresh garlic, for 2 minutes.
- Remove, and steam them for 10 minutes.
- If you don't have a steamer, boil them for 7-10 minutes .
- Meantime, in a saucepan, on simmer, melt the butter, with garlic, parmesan cheese, paprika, bayleaf, cayenne pepper, black pepper, onion, and oregano. If you wish, melt and clarify the butter, before adding the other ingredients.
- Stir, occasionally.
- Remove, and drain the brussel sprouts.
- Place in a bowl, or a service plate, and add the butter sauce, and toss.
- Season with salt, and pepper, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BROWNED BUTTER
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Add Brussels sprouts; cook until slightly tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and run sprouts under cold water to stop the cooking process. Trim ends off each Brussels sprout and slice sprouts in half.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; arrange Brussels sprouts, cut sides down, in the hot oil. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook Brussels sprouts, keeping them in the same place, until cut sides are browned, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Mix red onion and garlic into Brussels sprouts; cook and stir mixture until Brussels sprouts are cooked through but still firm, 10 to 13 more minutes.
- Place butter in a cold saucepan; place saucepan over medium heat. Cook butter until it begins to bubble and foam, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; cook, constantly stirring, until butter begins to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and pour browned butter over Brussels sprouts; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 152 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 10.2 mg, Fat 11 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, Sodium 56.5 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ONION
- Pull off any tough outer leaves of the sprouts. Using a paring knife, make a couple of crossed gashes in the base of each sprout.
- Put the sprouts in a saucepan and add water to cover and salt. Bring to a boil and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the onion, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onion is wilted. Add the sprouts and stir until the sprouts are coated with butter and are hot. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 91, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 8 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 227 milligrams, Sugar 2 grams, TransFat 0 grams
ELMO'S NIGHTMARE: BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ONIONS AND BACON
- In a large deep skillet, over a medium heat, add the bacon. Render the fat and cook until crisp and golden brown. At this point, add the onion and cook until translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the sprout leaves and blanch for about 3 minutes. Transfer the leaves to a large bowl of iced water. Drain. Reheat the bacon and onion in the skillet until sizzling, then add the blanched sprout leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Toss together well and finish with the butter and fresh tarragon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.
BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN ONION BUTTER
A great way to serve Brussels Sprouts using chicken broth and onions. Very tasty. I've had this recipe for years, have no idea where it came from.
Provided by SooZee
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Melt butter, cook onions until soft.
- Add the lemon juice.
- You can do this and then place in fridge until later.
- Just before serving, cook brussels sprouts in chicken broth.
- 5-8 minutes for frozen.
- 10 minutes for fresh.
- Drain liquid and add onion butter.
- Season to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 246.2, Fat 17, SaturatedFat 10.1, Cholesterol 40.7, Sodium 412.2, Carbohydrate 20.4, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 5.8, Protein 7.9
BUTTERY SAGE & ONION SPROUTS
How do you serve your Brussels? We like ours in plenty of butter, sweet roasted onion and peas for added vibrancy
Provided by Lucy Netherton
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan and soften the onions over a low heat for about 15 mins until really soft - but don't let it brown. Add most of the sage. Meanwhile, cook the sprouts in a pan of boiling water for about 4 mins, add the peas and cook for 1 min more until just tender.
- Drain, reserving a splash of the water, then add the sprouts and peas to the onions, along with the rest of the butter, stirring well so that all the veg gets coated in the butter. Add the reserved cooking water if it looks a bit dry.
- Season with lots of black pepper and some salt. Serve with the reserved sage on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 133 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 6 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND ROASTED RED ONIONS
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Trim onions, keeping root ends intact, and cut each lengthwise into 6 wedges, keeping wedges intact. In a large bowl toss onions with oil and salt and pepper to taste. In 2 shallow baking pans arrange onions in one layer and roast in upper and lower thirds of oven 20 minutes. Carefully turn onions over and switch position of pans. Roast onions 20 minutes more, or until just tender and some edges are golden brown.
- Trim Brussels sprouts and have ready a large bowl of ice and cold water. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water cook sprouts until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, and drain in colander. Transfer sprouts to ice water to stop cooking and drain in colander. Vegetables may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and chilled separately, covered.
- In a small bowl stir together mustard and water. In a 12-inch heavy skillet cook onions and sprouts in butter over moderately high heat, stirring, until heated through and stir in mustard mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
BUTTERED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Cut off the bottom of each sprout. Cut a cross in the bottom of each sprout.
- Put the sprouts in a saucepan and add cold water to cover and salt. Bring to the boil and let cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly in a sieve.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until wilted. Add the sprouts and the cloves. Cook, stirring gently and shaking the skillet, about 1 minute.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 117, UnsaturatedFat 2 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 377 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH GOLDEN ONION
- Trim Brussels sprouts and quarter lengthwise. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water boil sprouts 5 minutes, or until just tender, and drain in a colander. In pan cook onion in butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add sprouts and cook, stirring, 1 minute. In a small bowl stir together mustard and water and stir into sprouts with salt and pepper to taste.
More about "brussels sprouts in onion butter recipes"
SIMPLE SAUTéED BRUSSELS SPROUTS AND ONIONS RECIPE
4.4/5 (37)Total Time 20 minsCategory Side DishCalories 111 per serving
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS - CHEF JANA …
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CRISPY ONIONS • TJ'S TASTE
LOW-CARB BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ONIONS — RECIPE — …
CREAMED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
SAUTéED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ONIONS AND BLACK PEPPER
BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN ONION BUTTER RECIPE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR …
BRUSSELS SPROUTS CASSEROLE WITH CRISPY ONIONS
CHEESY BACON BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CRISPY BRUSSELS SPROUTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
OTTOLENGHI’S BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BROWNED BUTTER AND BLACK GARLIC
SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH RED ONION & BROWN BUTTER …
BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN ONION BUTTER RECIPE | CHAMPSDIET.COM
BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN ONION BUTTER - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH, BRUSSELS SPROUTS, AND ONION
CRISPY OLIVE OIL FRIED BRUSSELS SPROUTS | THE MEDITERRAENAN DISH
COPYCAT RED LOBSTER BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPE
RECIPE BRUSSEL SPROUTS BACON ONION - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND ONION RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN ONION BUTTER- WIKIFOODHUB
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BEER BRAISED ONIONS
CHICKEN WITH BRUSSEL SPROUTS - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
BRUSSELS SPROUTS IN ONION BUTTER RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
BUFFALO BRUSSELS SPROUTS - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GARLIC BUTTER ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
RECIPES FOR BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND BACON - THERESCIPES.INFO
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS & BACON
10 BEST BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ONIONS AND BACON - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH CORN AND ONIONS - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
CORN AND BRUSSEL SPROUTS RECIPES - THERESCIPES.INFO
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ONIONS AND PANCETTA RECIPE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #side-dishes
You'll also love