WILD RICE PILAF
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan, add the onion, and cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until translucent. Add 5 cups of water, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the wild rice. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to very low, and simmer, covered, for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the rice is tender. Drain well.
- Place the drained rice in a bowl, add the remaining tablespoon of butter, the scallions, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper. Taste for seasonings and serve hot.
ORZO AND WILD RICE SALAD
- Bring the wild rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender but not mushy, 20 to 45 minutes depending on the variety of wild rice. Drain off any excess liquid, fluff the rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more. Once finished, spread into a shallow dish, and refrigerate until cold.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the orzo pasta, and cook until al dente, 7 to 8 minute. Drain, rinse with cold water, and chill.
- Place the chilled rice and orzo into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the red onion, currants, corn, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper. Season with 2 tablespoons basil, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil. Slowly whisk in the canola and olive oils until emulsified. Stir the dressing into the pasta, and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 566 calories, Carbohydrate 68.2 g, Fat 29.1 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 10.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 340.7 mg, Sugar 15.8 g
GARLIC-HERB ORZO PILAF
"Mildly flavored and flecked with garlic and fresh herbs, this creamy, versatile side dish can accompany a wide variety of entrees. Plus, it's a cinch to put together." --Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned. , Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in the onions, basil, parsley and salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 227 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 426mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
RICE PILAF WITH ORZO
This Rice Pilaf with Orzo recipe is your new favorite side dish. It is super simple to make, but it is easy to customize with my four pilaf variations for any meal or season.
Provided by A Food Folks and Fun Original!
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large pan with a lid, preheat the pan over medium-high heat and add in the olive oil, onion, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Saute the onion until it just begins to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rice and orzo and cook while constantly stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour in the broth, give everything a good stir, and bring everything to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with the lid.
- Cook until the rice and orzo is tender, about 20-22 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and let the pilaf sit, covered, for 8 minutes. Fluff the pilaf with a fork, and stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 232 kcal, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 8 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 520 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 0.5 cup
DEVILED DUNGENESS CRAB WITH WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF
- For the sauce:
- Place clarified butter in a saucepan and add shallots and celery. Cook until soft. Add flour and cook until mixture reaches an amber color. Add hot milk and mix with a wire whisk to a smooth sauce. Add remaining ingredients to the sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
- For the Rice and Orzo:
- Combine rice and orzo. Add olive oil and lemon pepper. Mix well and put into the bottom of the crab shells.
- Preheat the broiler.
- For the crab:
- Saute crab meat in butter. Add Sherry until heated. Add the sauce to the crabmeat and mix well. Place the mixture on top of the rice and top with bread crumbs, butter, and Parmesan. Place under the broiler until golden brown.
- Serve with the sauce.
- For the wild rice:
- Wash the rice in cold water and strain. Lightly saute shallots in olive oil until transparent. Add wild rice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a slow simmer and cover. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes until moisture is totally evaporated. Cool down in refrigerator.
- Bring salted water to a rolling boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 minutes. Strain orzo and cool down in ice water. When cool, strain and place in refrigerator.
ORZO AND RICE PILAF WITH VEGETABLES
- Heat oil and butter in a deep 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté orzo, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add rice and sauté, stirring, until coated with oil and butter.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until liquid is absorbed, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly stir in zucchini, then let stand, covered, 5 minutes. (Zucchini will steam.) Stir in parsley and serve sprinkled with almonds.
BELLEPEPPER'S ORZO AND WILD RICE SALAD
I enjoyed this salad at a well-known restaurant and when they wouldn't divulge the recipe, I created my own. Although a bit time consuming, everything can be prepared at least a day ahead, covered and refrigerated. I took this salad to the 2011 AR Buckeye Bash and am posting for those who requested the recipe. This salad may be served cold or at room temperature.
Provided by bellepepper
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Combine orzo, wild rice, orange bell pepper, red bell pepper, corn, currants, and red onion together in a large bowl.
- Blend vegetable oil, sugar, white wine vinegar, cider vinegar, minced onion, white pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and 1 pinch salt together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Mix pecans, almonds, and parsley into orzo mixture. Drizzle enough dressing to coat salad; toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 297.5 calories, Carbohydrate 37 g, Fat 15.3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 6 mg, Sugar 16.7 g
GARLIC, HERB, ORZO AND RICE PLIAF
Garlic and fresh herbs flavor this orzo/rice combination pilaf. Vegetable broth may be used for chicken broth.
Provided by Outta Here
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (Add more water as needed if rice and pasta are not done before liquid is absorbed).
- Stir in the onions, basil, parsley and salt.
- Serve. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top if desired.
ORZO AND BROWN RICE PILAF
A quick and nutritious side dish that goes especially well with grilled food. The cooking time is cut down by using a quick-cooking brown rice, but do not use "instant" rice without adjusting the cooking time at the end.
Provided by threeovens
Categories Brown Rice
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onions, red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saute, stirring occasionally until vegetables have softened, about 8 minutes. Lower heat, if necessary, to prevent onions from browning.
- Add chicken broth and increase heat until boiling. Add lentils and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add orzo and pepper to taste. Add another 1/4 teaspoon salt if necessary.
- Stir in brown rice, reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered, 10 more minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
More about "wild rice and orzo pilaf recipes"
COPYCAT J. ALEXANDER'S ORZO AND WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE …
J. ALEXANDER'S ORZO AND WILD RICE SALAD RECIPE
RICE PILAF WITH ORZO | SERENA BAKES SIMPLY FROM SCRATCH
STOVETOP RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
TURKISH RICE PILAF WITH ORZO RECIPE (FLUFFY PILAV) - GIVE …
EASY RICE PILAF WITH ORZO PASTA - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
- Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates.
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF - BIGOVEN
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine AmericanCategory Side Dish
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF | RECIPE - KOSHER.COM
Servings 10Category Sides
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF | RECIPE | PILAF RECIPES, PILAF, RECIPES
SEHRIYELI PILAV (TURKISH RICE PILAF WITH ORZO) RECIPE
EASY RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - A COMMUNAL TABLE
WILD RICE - ORZO PILAF WITH CARAMELIZED LEEKS - DIANE KOCHILAS
J. ALEXANDER'S WILD RICE ORZO SALAD - SIMPLY SCRATCH
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CRACKED WHEAT, WILD RICE & PESTO PILAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
WILD RICE PILAF | CHEW OUT LOUD
RECIPE: WILD RICE-ORZO PILAF (WITH TOASTED PINE NUTS AND RAISINS ...
TURKISH RICE PILAF WITH ORZO RECIPE - UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN
CURRIED LENTIL, WILD RICE AND ORZO SALAD | CANADIAN LIVING
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BROWN RICE PILAF WITH ORZO - COOKIN CANUCK - HEALTHY SIDE DISH
DEVILED DUNGENESS CRAB WITH WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF
RICE AND ORZO PILAF RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PERFECT RICE PILAF WITH ORZO AND SLIVERED ALMONDS
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF - BIGOVEN.COM
VEGAN WILD RICE PILAF RECIPE (EASY SIDE DISH)
ORZO RICE PILAF - MINDEE'S COOKING OBSESSION
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF | RECIPESTY
ORZO AND WILD RICE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
WILD RICE AND ORZO PILAF | RECIPE | WILD RICE RECIPES, WILD RICE PILAF ...
ORZO RICE PILAF RECIPE - JUST SAY NO TO THE BOX - PEG'S HOME COOKING
BROWN RICE & ORZO PILAF RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART CANADA
LEMON ORZO AND RICE PILAF ~ VEGAN RECIPE ~ THIS WIFE COOKS
DELICIOUS MUSHROOM ORZO PILAF RECIPE - DIETHOOD
WILD RICE, ORZO & MUSHROOM PILAF - LOOKS LIKE HOMEMADE
You'll also love