ZUCCHINI & SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE
- Over medium heat, add butter and EVOO to pan, let it get hot.
- Add zucchini and squash.
- Stir to coat veggies with oil and butter.
- Sprinkle Mrs Dash generously over veggies.
- Cover and let cook for 20-25 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Uncover the last 5 minutes to allow water to evaporate.
- Serve while hot.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé
- Place squash in a colander set in the sink or over a large bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon salt. Let squash stand 10 minutes, then squeeze well to remove as much excess moisture as possible (do not rinse).
- Meanwhile, toast almonds in a large dry skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring often, until fragrant but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisptender, about 5 minutes. Fold in Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Fold in almonds.
SUMMER SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI SIDE DISH
I'm trying to cut my risk for cardiac disease by changing the way I eat. This colorful sauteed zucchini and squash side dish is packed with as much nutrition as fresh-picked flavor! -Marlene Agnelly, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and red pepper in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and seasonings; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tomato; heat through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 53 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 104mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SAUTEED SUMMER SQUASH SIDE DISH
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet, about 1 minute. Add scallions and garlic; saute in the hot oil until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zucchini and squash; season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute until squash is tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Divide mixture evenly among plates. Garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 94.4 calories, Carbohydrate 7.6 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 52.1 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
SAUTEED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI
Cook this recipe for thin-sliced Sauteed Squash and Zucchini from Food Network until tender but still crisp for an easy dinner side dish.
Provided by Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Slice zucchini and squash very thin. Heat olive oil and saute onion until tender. Add zucchini and squash. Toss until tender and crisp. Add salt and pepper. Serve immediately (if it sits to long it will become mushy).
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE WITH BACON
Bacon and onions are sauteed with crookneck, Gold Rush, and Italian squash to lend wonderful flavor to an overall wholesome side dish that will have even the little ones begging for more!
Provided by White Raven
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Quarter zucchini, Gold Rush zucchini, and crookneck squash lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir bacon and onion in the hot skillet until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, Gold Rush zucchini, and crookneck squash and cook until tender and bacon is crispy, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 92.4 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 6.8 mg, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 6.4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 166.9 mg, Sugar 6.9 g
SAUTéED YELLOW SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, squash, Italian seasoning and a generous pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini and squash are tender and beginning to brown in some spots, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Wonderful Italian seasonings blend perfectly in this yummy and versatile squash side dish. -Vicki Schurk, Hamden, Connecticut
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and onion in oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the remaining ingredients; cook 1 minute longer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 37 calories, Fat 1g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 155mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and tarragon; sauté until onion is just tender, about 2 minutes. Add yellow squash and zucchini; sauté until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
More about "zucchini summer squash saute recipes"
ZUCCHINI AND SUMMER SQUASH SAUTE - BAKING NATURALLY
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Add zucchini strips to a large pot of boiling, salted water (the water should be "salty like the sea" as they say). Return to a boil and boil for 30 seconds. Drain and spread on paper towels or a wire rack for several hours or as long as you can.
SUMMER SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI SAUTE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY ...
5/5 See details »
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
5/5 (9)Total Time 11 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add yellow squash and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, gently stirring, or until vegetables are crisp-tender and tomatoes are about ready to burst.
- Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if using, and drizzle with basil vinaigrette, if using. Serve immediately.
SAUTéED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
5/5 (1)Total Time 16 minsServings 4
- Cut 2 medium-size yellow squash and 2 medium-size zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and chop 1 small onion.
- Sauté vegetables in a large skillet with 1 tablespoon hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 minced garlic clove, and sauté 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
EASY SAUTEED ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH | A MIND "FULL" MOM
5/5 (8)Category Side DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Add in vegetables and turn heat up to medium-high. Saute for 5 minutes, or until zucchini and squash begin to wilt. Turning and flipping veggies as they cook.
ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH SAUTE WITH THYME - FAMILY FOOD ON THE ...
Reviews 2Category SidesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins See details »
SUMMER SQUASH & WHITE BEAN SAUTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (9)Total Time 30 minsCategory Healthy Squash RecipesCalories 193 per serving See details »
ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH SAUTE RECIPE - PALEO PLAN
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins See details »
EASY SAUTéED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI RECIPE - SWEET CS …
4.5/5 (142)Total Time 20 minsCuisine AmericanCalories 113 per serving See details »
SAUTEED ZUCCHINI SQUASH & TOMATOES (GARLIC PARMESAN ...
5/5 (11)Total Time 18 minsCategory Side DishCalories 111 per serving See details »
SIMPLE SAUTéED ZUCCHINI AND YELLOW SQUASH - EVOLVING TABLE
3.8/5 (30)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner, Side DishCalories 142 per serving See details »
SUMMER SQUASH SAUTé RECIPE (VEGAN & OIL-FREE) - SHANE & SIMPLE
5/5 (8)Total Time 16 minsCategory Side DishCalories 40 per serving See details »
THE EASIEST SAUTEED ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH - PERFECT …
Reviews 25Calories 66 per servingCategory Side Dishes See details »
SAUTéED SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (3)Total Time 16 mins See details »
SAUTéED SHREDDED ZUCCHINI | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
Servings 6Category Recipes See details »
SAUTEED ZUCCHINI AND SUMMER SQUASH | TASTY KITCHEN: A ...
See details »
ZUCCHINI, SUMMER SQUASH AND SWEET PEPPER SAUTé – PAPA VINCE
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sauteed zucchini squash and tomatoes?How to Make Sauteed Zucchini and Squash with Tomatoes. Heat olive oil and butter in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in zucchini and squash and saute 2 minutes. Add in tomatoes then evenly sprinkle in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute, tossing occasionally,...
What's the best way to saute summer squash?It is a saute of zucchini and summer squash. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet, about 1 minute. Add scallions and garlic; saute in the hot oil until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zucchini and squash; season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute until squash is tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
How long to cook zucchini and squash in a skillet?Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes to soften. Add the zucchini and squash to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the tomato, garlic, salt, basil, and pepper, and stir well. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the squash has softened to your liking.
How to make Parmesan zucchini and yellow squash?How to Make Sautéed parmesan zucchini & yellow squash. Heat olive oil in 10" sauté pan. Add garlic and cook for a couple seconds, add onions, zucchini and yellow squash. Cook until onions are soft and squash is browned.