This is a light, flavorful side dish (or main dish) that is PERFECT for summer! The steps to salt the zucchini and tomatoes isn't mandatory but will prevent this dish from getting soggy because it eliminates all excess moisture during the cooking process. The taste will remain unchanged so it's skippable, if short on time but you may have to pick this up with a slotted spoon if skipping this step.
Provided by RedVinoGirl
Yield 4 , 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Drape tomato slices over colander, sprinkle with salt, and let drain for 45 minutes.
- Spread zucchini on baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes to sweat out excess moisture. Rinse well and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 375. Heat 1 t oil in nonstick skilled over medium-high heat. Saute' zucchini 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to plate. Do this in 2 batches, if necessary and add more oil between batches.
- Layer half of zucchini slices in 8-inch square baking dish. Top with half of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with half the garlic, 1 T olives, half of basil, and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese; season with pepper. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices, tomatoes, garlic, olives and basil. Drizzle top with 3 t oil and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 20 minutes more or until cheese is melted and gratin is bubbling.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
TOMATO ZUCCHINI GRATIN
A simple recipe for Tomato Zucchini Gratin with breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and fresh basil. A quick and easy vegetarian side dish!
Provided by Tonia Schemmel | Feasting at Home
Categories side dish
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Hand tear bread to form coarse crumbs (or quickly pulse in food processor). Place on a sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes, until dried out.
- Toss toasted bread, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and parmesan together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Alternate tomato and zucchini slices in a shallow baking pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic and shallot. Pour over tomatoes and squash.
- Top evenly with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until bread crumbs are toasty.
- Tear basil leaves on top and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 181 calories, Sugar 4.2 g, Sodium 390.1 mg, Fat 11.8 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, TransFat 0.1 g, Carbohydrate 15.9 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 5 g, Cholesterol 6.1 mg
ZUCCHINI E POMODORI GRATINATI (ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN)
A quick and easy vegetarian dish for two, or a starter for 4, or even a side. A rustic Italian favorite, taught me by my Roman friends. If serving as a main, then crusty bread, torn off the loaf by hand, and a green salad with a lemon and/or lime vinaigrettey dressing cannot be bettered.
Provided by Swiss Phil
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Move oven rack into the top third of the oven.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and spread the zucchini slices into the skillet in a single layer. If they don't fit, cook them in batches. Sprinkle pieces of garlic over the zucchini, and cook until the zucchini are golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the slices of zucchini in an 9x12-inch glass baking dish, alternating with slices of mozzarella cheese and tomato, so that the slices overlap each other in a neat row pattern. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and basil over the dish, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and brown and the dish is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412.2 calories, Carbohydrate 24.9 g, Cholesterol 43.5 mg, Fat 26.4 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 23.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.5 g, Sodium 563.1 mg, Sugar 14.3 g
TOMATO AND ZUCCHINI GRATIN
Provided by Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice the tomatoes and zucchini into 1/4-inch thick round slices, as uniformly as you can. On a cookie sheet or ovenproof platter, overlap the tomato and zucchini in a decorative pattern, like red and green shingles on a gingerbread house. Blend all the dry ingredients together, then scatter them evenly over the tomatoes and zucchini. Sprinkle the olive oil on top and bake in a 375 degree oven until golden and crusty, about 20 minutes. Present the platter or sheet at the table, using a cake server or metal spatula to slide several overlapping pieces onto each diner's plate.;
MOM'S CHEDDAR ZUCCHINI, TOMATO, & ONION GRATIN
The quintessential summer side. Fresh-from-the-garden zucchini, tomatoes, and onions layered and covered with cheddar, then baked until tender and cheesy.
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an 8" x 8" baking dish, lay the zucchini, then the onions, then the tomatoes. Top with a pinch of salt and pepper, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the cheese melted.
- Top with fresh basil if desired and serve.
A quick, delicious side dish that goes with just about anything. Garden-fresh vegetables are better but you can't always get them.
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place half the zucchini in an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Top with half the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with the remaining zucchini and tomatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to taste over the tomato.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126.2, Fat 8.4, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 11, Sodium 205.4, Carbohydrate 7.5, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 4, Protein 6.8
POTATO, ZUCCHINI, AND TOMATO GRATIN
Provided by Lora Zarubin
Categories Cheese Potato Tomato Side Bake Christmas Thanksgiving Vegetarian High Fiber Oscars Dinner Casserole/Gratin Parmesan Zucchini Family Reunion Low Cholesterol Potluck Bon Appétit Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange tomato halves, cut side up, on prepared sheet. Drizzle 1/2 cup olive oil over tomatoes; sprinkle with salt. Roast in oven until soft, about 1 hour. Cool slightly. Using fingertips, slip skins off tomato halves. Set tomatoes aside. Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine potato slices and 1/4 cup olive oil in medium bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange potatoes in single layer on prepared sheet; drizzle any oil from bowl over. Roast until soft and beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper. Working in batches, add zucchini to skillet; sauté until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Cool.
- Lightly oil 13x9x2-inch ceramic or glass baking dish. Starting at outer edges of baking dish and working toward center, alternate potato slices, zucchini slices, and tomato halves, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then thyme leaves and Parmesan. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake gratin uncovered until cheese melts and juices bubble at edges, about 35 minutes.
POTATO, ZUCCHINI, AND TOMATO GRATIN
Drizzle fruity extra-virgin olive oil over thin slices of potato, zucchini, and tomato for a low-fat summery potato gratin. A sprinkling of cheese provides nutty flavor.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Main Dish Recipes Casserole Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in upper third. Coat a 9-by-13-inch gratin dish with 1 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle with garlic. Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, slice potatoes and zucchini as thinly as possible into rounds. Arrange potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in overlapping layers around prepared dish, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 4 teaspoons oil, and sprinkle with thyme and cheese.
- Cover with foil; bake until potatoes are tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking until top is golden brown, about 25 minutes more. Remove from oven; and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175 g, Cholesterol 15 g, Fat 11 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 255 g
More about "zucchini tomato gratin recipes"
GRATIN OF ZUCCHINI & TOMATOES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsCategory Healthy Zucchini RecipesCalories 297 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (or similar gratin dish) with cooking spray.
- Place garlic, basil and thyme on your chopping board; mince well. Spread half the breadcrumbs evenly in the prepared baking dish. Strew onion over the breadcrumbs. Distribute half the diced tomato over the onion, then sprinkle with half the garlic-herb mixture. Sprinkle with vinegar and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a third of the zucchini; you want it to saute, not stew, so don't crowd it. Saute, turning the pieces once, until golden and not quite tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side. When the slices are done, use a fork to transfer them to the gratin, overlapping the slices. Cook the remaining zucchini in two batches, each time using 2 teaspoons oil. Strew the remaining tomatoes and garlic-herb mixture over the zucchini. Season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and a grinding of pepper. Toss the remaining 1 cup breadcrumbs with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle over the gratin.
- Bake the gratin until bubbly hot, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with Parmesan.
TOP 10 HEALTHY ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE RECIPES - COOK.ME RECIPES
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
TOMATO AND ZUCCHINI GRATIN RECIPE
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN - COOKING WITH ADRIENNE
ZUCCHINI TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN - PINCH MY SALT
HERBED TOMATO AND ZUCCHINI GRATIN RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO AU GRATIN • WWW.KNIFEANDPADDLE.COM
GRATIN OF TOMATOES AND ZUCCHINI: MEDITERRANEAN DIET RECIPE
ZUCCHINI TOMATO GRATIN - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
SUMMER ZUCCHINI & TOMATO GRATIN - EAT YOURSELF SKINNY
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN – COMFORT SPRING
RECIPE FOR FRESH TOMATO AND ZUCCHINI AU GRATIN | ALMANAC.COM
HEALTHY ZUCCHINI TOMATO GRATIN | EASY WEEKNIGHT RECIPES
PARMESAN ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN - DELICIOUS MEETS HEALTHY
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
ZUCCHINI TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE - BCLIVING
ZUCCHINI AND CHERRY TOMATO GRATIN - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
9 ZUCCHINI GRATIN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
POTATO, ZUCCHINI, AND TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN | ESSENTIAL PEPIN : ESSENTIAL PEPIN
BEST GRILLED ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
CHEESY ZUCCHINI GRATIN RECIPE – BAKED ZUCCHINI GRATIN RECIPE — …
ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE - ANDREA MEYERS
ZUCCHINI GRATIN - EASY AND DELICIOUS! - THECOOKFUL
ZUCCHINI TOMATO GRATIN - KAREN'S KITCHEN STORIES
ZUCCHINI, TOMATO AND RICE GRATIN – SMITTEN KITCHEN
ZUCCHINI-TOMATO GRATIN RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
ZUCCHINI GRATIN WITH TOMATOES AND GRUYèRE - MUGNAINI
TOMATO AND ZUCCHINI GRATIN | EMERILS.COM
MARTHA STEWART'S POTATO, ZUCCHINI, AND TOMATO GRATIN - EVERYDAY …
TOMATO AND ZUCCHINI GRATIN | CANADIAN GOODNESS
CRISP TOMATO, ZUCCHINI AND EGGPLANT BREAD GRATIN RECIPE
ZUCCHINI & SUMMER SQUASH GRATIN WITH PARMESAN & FRESH THYME
PARMESAN ZUCCHINI TOMATO GRATIN | 12 TOMATOES
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #side-dishes #vegetables #kid-friendly #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #toddler-friendly #low-in-something #squash #tomatoes
You'll also love