APPLE AND PEAR CRUMBLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix oats, flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl until crumbly.
- Mix apples, pears, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl; spread into the bottom of a 9x9-inch glass pan. Sprinkle oat mixture atop apple-pear mixture; top with almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.2 calories, Carbohydrate 55 g, Cholesterol 30.5 mg, Fat 15.7 g, Fiber 4.6 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 91.2 mg, Sugar 34.1 g
GINA'S PEAR AND APPLE COBBLER
Provided by Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or spray a 9 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Toss the apples, pears, sugar, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and 2 tablespoons of the butter together in a large bowl. Add to the prepared baking dish and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- In another bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar, salt, and egg. With a spoon, drop the topping onto the apples and top with pats of butter. Bake until the crust is golden and the fruit is tender the cobbler for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream and Whipped Cream.
- In a large bowl, add the heavy cream and using a hand mixer beat it for 1 minute. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whip until the cream mixture holds soft peaks.
APPLE AND PEAR CRISP
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and cut the pears and apples into large chunks. Place the fruit in a large bowl and add the zests, juices, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch oval baking dish.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, sugars, salt, oatmeal, and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, until the mixture is in large crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit, covering the fruit completely.
- Place the baking dish on a sheet pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the top is brown and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm.
MULLED PEARS AND APPLES
- 1. Fill a large, heavy pot with apple juice. Tie the cinnamon sticks, ginger, and cloves together in a cheesecloth bag with kitchen string and add to the juice. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, partially covered, to infuse flavors.
- 2. Meanwhile, squeeze the lemon into a large bowl and fill with water. Core the apples and pears from the bottom and peel them. Drop immediately into the lemon water (to prevent browning) until poaching time.
- 3. Carefully add apples to the boiling poaching liquid, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove to a bowl. Add the pears to the liquid and poach until tender, about 8 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- 4. Cool the poaching liquid to room temperature and discard spice bag. Return fruit to the liquid and refrigerate overnight.
- 5. To serve, place the fruit, stem-ends up, on a cake stand or platter. Strain some of the liquid over the fruit.
SPICED PEAR & APPLE PIE
- Prepare recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine pears, apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and lemon juice in large bowl. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- Roll out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie or cut into strips creating a lattice top. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 418.1 calories, Carbohydrate 62.7 g, Cholesterol 0.2 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 4920 mg, Sugar 30.4 g
APPLE AND PEAR TURNOVERS
- In a large skillet, bring apple juice and maple syrup to a simmer over medium heat. Split vanilla bean lengthwise. Using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into skillet; add bean. Cook until liquid has reduced slightly, 1-2 minutes. Add apples and pears; cook and stir until fruit is just tender, 7-9 minutes. Remove from heat; add lemon zest and juice. Cool completely. Remove vanilla bean pods., Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets. Roll each sheet into a 12-inch square; cut each sheet into 4 equal squares. Spoon 1/4 cup apple mixture diagonally over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges. Moisten pastry edges with water. Fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. , Transfer to greased baking sheets. Brush tops of pastries with beaten egg; prick tops with a fork. If desired, combine coarse sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastries. Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm or at room temperature., Freeze option: Freeze pastries in freezer containers. To use, reheat pastries on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through, 5-7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351 calories, Fat 17g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 12mg cholesterol, Sodium 207mg sodium, Carbohydrate 46g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
PEAR AND APPLE PHYLLO CRISP
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a rack in top position. Combine pecans, breadcrumbs, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and top with 1 phyllo sheet. Brush phyllo all over with butter, and sprinkle pecan mixture evenly over top. Repeat 4 times. Top with remaining phyllo sheet, and brush with all but 2 tablespoons butter.
- Slice pears and apples 1/8 inch thick; discard seeds. Arrange pear and apple slices in a single layer on phyllo, leaving space between fruit and a 1/4-inch border around edges. Brush fruit with reserved 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with sugar, and dust with cinnamon. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until phyllo is golden brown and fruit is soft, 28 to 32 minutes. Let cool slightly. Cut into 8 pieces.
PEAR 'N' APPLE COBBLER
Nutmeg lends a homey touch to apple pie filling and canned pears topped with tender biscuits. "I've received many great comments about this dessert from my family and friends," writes Shirley Brown of Pocatello, Idaho. "Vanilla ice cream makes a wonderful addition to it," she recommends.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg and orange juice until smooth. Gently stir in pie filling and pears. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm., In a medium bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, milk and butter just until blended. Pour hot filling into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Drop batter in six mounds onto fruit mixture. Combine the remaining sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the top., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the biscuit topping comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352 calories, Fat 9g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 13mg cholesterol, Sodium 476mg sodium, Carbohydrate 66g carbohydrate (40g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
APPLE PEAR PIE
This pear apple pie, really says "fall." What a yummy way to use your backyard bounty or the pickings from local orchards! I've made plenty of pies over the years, and this is a real standout. -Grace Camp, Owingsville, Kentucky
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to crust; dot with butter. , Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Add decorative cutouts if desired. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil. , Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 438 calories, Fat 19g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 22mg cholesterol, Sodium 244mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
BAKED CITRUS APPLES AND PEARS
This is a healthy dessert ideal for using up pears, apples, oranges and lemons that may be left in the fruit bowl. Serve warm as a light dessert with Greek yoghurt, or eat chilled with a bowl of granola for a healthy start to the day. This recipe is also good for children!
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Place the pear and apples quarters in a flameproof dish with the cinnamon stick, nutmeg, raisins, lemon and orange juice with the zest strips.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the fruit is just soft.
- Serve warm with creme fraiche or yogurt.
More about "alligator pears and apples recipes"
10 BEST APPLE PEAR DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
HONEY-BAKED APPLES AND PEAR RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Peel apples and pear, if desired. Remove cores, and cut each fruit into eighths. Place in a lightly greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Combine honey, 2 tablespoons water, and ground cinnamon; pour over cut fruit, and dot with butter.
CINNAMON SAUTéED APPLES AND PEARS RECIPE - BILL NEAL | FOOD
5/5 Total Time 30 minsServings 4
APPLE PEAR CRISP - CELEBRATING SWEETS
BAKED APPLES AND PEARS WITH ALMONDS | AMERICAN HEART ... - RECIPES
ALLIGATOR PEAR SALAD - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
EIGHT IDEAS THAT WILL MAKE APPLES AND PEARS IRRESISTIBLE
APPLE PEAR RECIPES | KINGSBURG ORCHARDS
SAUTéED PEARS AND APPLES - SOUTHERN LADY MAGAZINE
RECIPE: RUSTIC PEAR AND APPLE GALETTE - KITCHN
PEAR AND APPLE COBBLER RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
EASY APPLE AND PEAR CRISP - JUST A TASTE
FALL SPICE RECIPES WITH APPLES AND PEARS - CHELAN FRESH
APPLES & PEARS COCKTAIL RECIPE - LIQUOR.COM
PEAR & APPLE GALETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
APPLE PEAR CRISP RECIPE | MY BAKING ADDICTION
UPSIDE DOWN APPLE AND PEAR LOAF RECIPE - SWEETPHI
APPLE & PEAR RECIPES | BAKING IDEAS | TESCO REAL FOOD
SPICED APPLE AND PEAR JAM RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
KETO DIET RECIPE CHEF | COOKING WITH ALLIGATOR PEAR
APPLE AND PEAR CRISP RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
SPICED APPLE PEAR JAM - THE SEASONED MOM
BAKED PEARS AND APPLES DESSERT - MY LIFE COOKBOOK
11 APPLE AND PEAR DESSERTS TO MAKE RIGHT NOW
APPLE-PEAR PIE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
CINNAMON APPLE PEAR CRISP - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | ROASTED PEAR AND APPLE SAUCE | RECIPES
10 BEST BANANA APPLE PEAR RECIPES | YUMMLY
A BRIEF HISTORY OF AVOCADOS (OR ‘ALLIGATOR PEARS’) & 14 VINTAGE …
BEST APPLE-PEAR LATTICE PIE RECIPE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
COUNTRY APPLE-PEAR TART RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
APPLES, PEARS, AND PLUMS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ROAST PORK WITH APPLES AND PEARS - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
SPICED APPLE & PEAR LOAF RECIPE - COOKING WITH BRY
You'll also love