APPLE CIDER SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield about 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Reduce the apple cider in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it's thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the cream and salt and cook until it reaches the desired consistency, an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE
This President's Choice recipe is a wonderful cream sauce to serve over pork or chicken, or even veggies; thick, rich and luscious.
Provided by Lennie
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cider to a boil and let boil until it's reduced down to 1/2 cup.
- Now whisk in the mustard and cream; season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Continue boiling until this mixture reduces down to 1/2 cup.
- Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- You could prepare this in advance and reheat gently when it's needed.
- I have made this sauce only once--I don't know why I haven't made it since--and I was impatient and did not let it reduce the second time all the way down to 1/2 cup; it was still rich, luscious and very, very yummy.
PORK WITH APPLE CREAM SAUCE
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the haricots verts; cook until crisp-tender, 4 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon each butter and parsley; season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season the pork with salt and pepper and rub with the thyme. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil and let rest.
- Wipe out the skillet; add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the apples and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the cider and prunes; cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the heavy cream and cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve the pork with the apple cream sauce and haricots verts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 799 calorie, Fat 55 grams, SaturatedFat 26 grams, Cholesterol 209 milligrams, Sodium 138 milligrams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 36 grams
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH CIDER CREAM
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add squash, leeks, carrot and celery; sauté until slightly softened, about 15 minutes. Mix in apples, thyme and sage. Add stock and 1 cup cider and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender. Return soup to pan. Boil remaining 1/2 cup cider in heavy small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Cool. Place sour cream in small bowl. Whisk in reduced cider. (Soup and cider cream can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.)
- Bring soup to simmer. Mix in whipping cream. Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with cider cream. Top with chives.
ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN WITH APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE
The ultimate fall dinner! Serve with mashed or roasted potatoes, to go with the wonderful sauce! Edited to add the brown sugar - for those who like sweetness, but not necessary.
Provided by mykidslightmylife
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Salt and pepper the pork. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and place the pork in it. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 155 to 160 degrees. Remove from oven and place pork on a cutting board.
- Pour the apple cider in the baking pan and scrape any brown bits from the bottom. Put the pan on the stove over medium-high heat (or pour the pan drippings and cider into a skillet). Stirring occasionally, let the cider boil until it is reduced to 1/4 cup. It will be quite dark.
- Add cream & brown sugar and boil 5 minutes, or until very thick. Remove from heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and beat vigorously as it melts. Add the second tablespoon and beat until it melts. To serve the pork, slice thinly and drizzle with sauce. Pass extra sauce in a gravy boat, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 290.2, Fat 20.8, SaturatedFat 11.8, Cholesterol 129.7, Sodium 129.4, Carbohydrate 1, Protein 24.1
HONEY APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
This is a super easy, super tasty vinaigrette to use on any salad. It's customizable to your own tastes, and uses fairly simple ingredients that are already available in most home pantries.
Provided by Kim
Categories Vinaigrette Dressing
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and pepper in a small jar. Place lid on tightly and shake until ingredients are well combined. Pour in olive oil, and shake jar again to combine.
- Use immediately or keep extra stored in the fridge. Shake jar again before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Fat 12.3 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 183.8 mg
PORK WITH APPLE-CREAM SAUCE
Fix this easy pork entree from Margaret Lowenberg of Kingman, Arizona and sit down to a savory, satisfying meal.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Rub pork with thyme. In a large skillet, brown pork in 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining butter until tender. Stir in apple; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons apple juice or brandy; cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Transfer to a bowl. , Add wine or broth and remaining apple juice or brandy to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in broth, pork and apple mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning pork occasionally. Remove pork and keep warm. , In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and pepper; gradually stir in cream and mustard. Stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 400 calories, Fat 16g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 130mg cholesterol, Sodium 903mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE AND CREAM SAUCE
- Combine oil, thyme, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Add pork chops, brush with the marinade, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook pork chops until browned on one side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until lightly browned on the other side and juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer pork chops to a serving plate, cover, and keep warm.
- Reduce heat and add butter to the skillet. Add apple slices and cook until they start to change color, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer apples to the plate with the pork chops and keep warm.
- Stir apple juice, cream, and cornstarch together in a bowl. Add to the skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil while scraping brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook and stir until sauce starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour sauce over pork chops and apples.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416.7 calories, Carbohydrate 12.5 g, Cholesterol 113.6 mg, Fat 29 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 26.3 g, SaturatedFat 12.4 g, Sodium 128.5 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
More about "apple cider cream sauce recipes"
10 BEST APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
APPLE CIDER SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory Diabetic Christmas RecipesCalories 45 per serving
- Mix cornstarch and water; add to the cider and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and swirl in butter until melted. Serve warm or chilled.
CHICKEN WITH APPLE-CREAM SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CREAMY APPLE CIDER CHICKEN SKILLET - HOUSE OF NASH EATS
APPLE CIDER CARAMEL SAUCE - WELL PLATED BY ERIN
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH APPLE CREAM SAUCE - THE COOKING MOM
CHICKEN BREAST WITH APPLES AND CIDER CREAM SAUCE - BIGOVEN
10 BEST APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHICKEN IN A CREAM-CIDER SAUCE WITH PRUNES AND APPLES RECIPE
APPLE CREAM SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
PORK AND APPLES WITH CIDER CREAM SAUCE - RELISH
APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
PAN-SEARED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE
PORK CHOP, CIDER CREAM SAUCE AND CARAMELISED APPLES …
CIDER, CREAM AND APPLE SAUCE - WHAT'S THE RECIPE TODAY
APPLE CIDER CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
APPLE CIDER CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
10 BEST APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE CIDER AND APPLE SAUCE RECIPES (61) - SUPERCOOK
POACHED SALMON WITH APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE - MURIEL ANDERSON
APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE - BIGOVEN.COM
PORK & POTATOES, APPLES, & SOUR CREAM-CIDER SAUCE RECIPE
APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
FITCHS IGA - RECIPE: COD IN APPLE CIDER SAUCE
FRENCH PORK WITH APPLE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST …
SAUTEED PORK TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS WITH A CIDER CREAM SAUCE
APPLE CIDER SAUCE RECIPE - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CIDER PAN SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE - NEW YORK APPLE …
RECIPES MADE WITH APPLE CIDER | ALLRECIPES
APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
RECIPE: ROAST PHEASANT WITH APPLE, CIDER AND CREAM SAUCE
ROAST PORK WITH CIDER CREAM SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
APPLE DUMPLINGS WITH CIDER SAUCE - TARA TEASPOON
ASTRAY RECIPES: APPLE CIDER CREAM SAUCE
APPLE CIDER CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
APPLE CIDER–MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
You'll also love