APPLE RAISIN CAKES
Small cakes make great snacks. Serve with additional applesauce. Preparation Time: 10 Minutes. This recipe is from The WEBB Cooks, articles and recipes by Robyn Webb, courtesy of the American Diabetes Association.
Provided by Robyn Webb
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, cinnamon, sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla, and raisins. Form small cakes out of the batter.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat, fry the cakes until both sides are browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.1 calories, Carbohydrate 39.7 g, Cholesterol 62 mg, Fat 2.1 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 189.3 mg, Sugar 12.7 g
APPLE CAKE WITH RAISINS
- In a medium bowl, mix the apples and sugar. Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 10x15 inch baking pans.
- Stir the water into the bowl with apples. Blend eggs and margarine in a small bowl, and mix with the apples. Mix in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Transfer to the prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly before turning out of pans.
- In a medium bowl, blend confectioners' sugar, hot water, and vanilla extract. Drizzle over the cakes while still warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 143.4 calories, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 7.4 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 1.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 82.4 mg, Sugar 15.9 g
APPLE RAISIN CAKE
This is the kind of cake I'd eat for breakfast! It tastes a little bit like a raisin bran muffin, but in a cake form. It's easy to make and so, so good!
Provided by Stacie
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar and baking soda.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together milk, lemon juice, apple sauce and butter. Pour into dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in raisins. Pour mixture into a 13×9 inch ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the centre clean.
- Cool. Cut into squares and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 631 calories, Carbohydrate 116 grams carbohydrates, Cholesterol 43 milligrams cholesterol, Fat 17 grams fat, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 8 grams protein, SaturatedFat 10 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, Sodium 613 milligrams sodium, Sugar 66 grams sugar, TransFat 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams unsaturated fat
APPLE RAISIN CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan, knocking out excess flour.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together oil, eggs, sugars, spices, rum, and vanilla in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in apples and raisins and spoon batter into pan.
- Bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
APPLESAUCE-OATMEAL RAISIN CAKE
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan over moderately high heat. Stir in the oats. When the liquid returns to a boil, stir in the raisins and salt. Reduce the heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oats are soft and the water is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir in the sugar, applesauce, and oil. Cool to lukewarm. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease the pan. Put the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Stir the eggs into the oat mixture. Add the flour mixture, and stir just until moistened. Spread in the prepared pan and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until the cake starts to shrink from the sides of the pan and a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool. The cake is good served warm. Or cool completely, cover tightly, and store overnight at room temperature before serving or freezing.
FRESH APPLE SPICE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Place the pecans on a sheet pan and toast them for 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside. Combine the rum and raisins in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 60 seconds. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, and orange zest on medium speed for 3 minutes. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, just until combined. Drain the raisins, discarding the liquid. With a rubber spatula, fold the raisins, pecans, and apples into the batter. Spread into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool, cut into squares, and serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of warm caramel sauce.
EASY APPLE RAISIN CAKE
- In a 9" x 13" ungreased rectangular cake pan, stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the applesauce, milk, melted butter and lemon juice all at once.
- Beat with a fork until well combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar, if desired, and cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 401.8, Fat 11.5, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 30, Sodium 411.2, Carbohydrate 71.9, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 33.7, Protein 5
APPLESAUCE & RAISIN CAKE
Found in the All*You Magazine from March 2009. A nice moist cake with the fun of a pretty glaze. I've made this with both raisins and dried cranberries and they both work really well. Feel free to use what suits your tastebuds the best. It is a great cake to have when you expect company as it is light and goes great with a mug of coffee.
Provided by HokiesMom
Yield 1 cake, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a 9x5" loaf pan and line bottom with parchment paper and butter paper. (This makes removing it from the pan so much easier).
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Stir baking soda into applesauce in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients in to butter mixture alternating with the applesauce. Mix just until blended well - don't overmix or the cake will be dense.
- Gently stir in raisins.
- Pour batter into pan and bake until top springs back when pressed - about 50 minutes (check at 45 minutes).
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes then turn out onto the rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze by mixing the lemon juice with the confectioner's sugar until smooth. Spoon glaze over the cooled cake and let set up before serving.
APPLE, RAISIN, WALNUT CAKE
The girls and boys in my junior high home economics classes like this cake because it's not too sweet. I like it because it has high fiber and nutritional value-the apples are used unpeeled. Parents who have apple trees are always glad to donate the apples!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Beat eggs and oil together in a bowl until foamy; add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat. Add apples, beating slightly; set aside. Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves; add raisins and walnuts to flour mixture. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; beat slightly. Bake at 350° in greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Check for doneness after 25 minutes. , To make frosting, melt butter in saucepan; stir in flour until mixture bubbles. Add milk, stirring with wire whisk until mixture thickens. Cool. Add sugar and vanilla to cooked mixture; mix until smooth and blended. Spread on cooled cake; sprinkle with nuts.
Nutrition Facts :
APPLE-RAISIN BUNDT CAKE
With the first bite of this moist, old-fashioned dessert, you know you're home for the holidays. It has a pleasant blend of spices and is loaded with nuts and raisins.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in jam. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the raisins, walnuts and apple. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. , Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 426 calories, Fat 13g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 24mg cholesterol, Sodium 232mg sodium, Carbohydrate 76g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
RUM-RAISIN APPLE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Boil rum in heavy small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- Sift next 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat rum, sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla in large bowl until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add flour mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in apples, walnuts, and raisins. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack. Cut into squares and serve.
More about "apple raisin cake recipes"
EASY APPLE RAISIN CAKE | CANADIAN GOODNESS
Servings 18Energy 259 CaloriesCarbohydrate 46 gFat 7 g
RAISIN SPICE CAKE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
APPLE RUM RAISIN CAKE - RENEE'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
APPLE-RAISIN SPICE CAKE – TEXAS MONTHLY
RUM-RAISIN APPLE CAKE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
10 BEST APPLE CINNAMON RAISIN CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE, APPLE AND RAISIN CAKE - READER'S DIGEST CANADA
APPLE AND RAISIN CAKE | PARENT CLUB
APPLE RAISIN CAKE RECIPE | THE BEACHBODY BLOG
APPLESAUCE RAISIN CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APPLE RAISIN CAKE RECIPES | HERONME.COM
APPLE AND RAISIN CAKE - TASTEFULLY VIKKIE
APPLESAUCE BANANA AND RAISIN CAKE - THE SOUTHERN LADY …
GREEK YOGURT, APPLE, RAISIN AND WALNUT CAKE - MEDITERRASIAN
APPLE RAISIN CAKE RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
HEAVENLY APPLE RUM RAISIN CAKE - FOOD GYPSY | EASY, DELICIOUS …
APPLE RAISIN CAKE RECIPE | SINAMONTALES
APPLE RAISIN COFFEE CAKE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
DIY RECIPE: PERFECT APPLE RAISIN CAKE - THE CAKE BOUTIQUE
EASIEST EVER MOIST APPLE CAKE | RECIPETIN EATS
APPLE CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
APPLE-RAISIN CRUMB CAKE RECIPE - ANDREW ZIMMERN | FOOD & WINE
APPLE RAISIN CAKE WITH PAULAREDS - NEW ENGLAND APPLES
APPLE, PECAN AND RAISIN CAKE | RICARDO
APPLE-RAISIN CRUMB CAKE - ANDREW ZIMMERN
FRENCH APPLE CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
FROSTED APPLE RAISIN CAKE - MUSSELMAN'S
APPLE RAISIN CAKE (VRP 098) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
APPLE RAISIN NUT CAKE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE, RAISIN & CINNAMON CAKE - BITTERLEMONFOOD.COM
APPLE RAISIN CAKE - SBCANNING.COM - HOMEMADE CANNING RECIPES
SPICED APPLE OATMEAL CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
10 BEST RAISIN CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE RAISIN SPICE CAKE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
APPLE RAISIN CAKE - BIGOVEN
SPICY APPLE RAISIN CAKE | FRONTIER COOP
KRUSTEAZ PROFESSIONAL | APPLE RAISIN SNACK CAKE
You'll also love